Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 631994 times)

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Re: Marvel Musings. Now with Endgame Spoilers.
« Reply #6920 on: December 1, 2021, 02:10:36 pm »

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6921 on: December 1, 2021, 06:57:05 pm »
I've enjoyed all of the Marvel shows to varying extents, but then I never really expected them to change the fabric of the MCU the way that a lot of people did, they're just a nice bit of filler between the movies.

Netflix's Daredevil shits on all of them though.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6922 on: December 1, 2021, 07:11:35 pm »

Likewise (was banjoed into it by my daughters  :-\)

I'm taking the kids on the 16th, they've made me watch Homecoming and Far From Home in the past 2 weeks before insisting they go to see the new one.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6923 on: December 2, 2021, 09:45:47 am »
Spoiler
So, we're getting Kingpin as Maya's uncle? Amazing - and presumably it'll be D'Onofrio reprising his role. It certainly sounded like Fisk in that brief glimpse of the uncle during Maya's flashback.

And with Charlie Cox likely coming back as Daredevil, it probably means that the upcoming Echo series on Disney+ is going to heavily feature both Daredevil and Kingpin. Thought it was a strange choice for a series, but that makes it much more interesting to me and is a good way to reintroduce those characters without going straight to a new Daredevil series.

Thought the third episode was a big step up on what's come before - mainly because it actually had Clint and Kate working together properly. Car chase scene was excellent, and some touching moments too.

Shaping up to be a barnstorming final half: Tony Dalton stepping out of the shadows (as the big bad?), Kingpin in the background and Echo out for revenge.
[close]

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6924 on: December 2, 2021, 10:16:12 am »
Spoiler
So, we're getting Kingpin as Maya's uncle? Amazing - and presumably it'll be D'Onofrio reprising his role. It certainly sounded like Fisk in that brief glimpse of the uncle during Maya's flashback.

And with Charlie Cox likely coming back as Daredevil, it probably means that the upcoming Echo series on Disney+ is going to heavily feature both Daredevil and Kingpin. Thought it was a strange choice for a series, but that makes it much more interesting to me and is a good way to reintroduce those characters without going straight to a new Daredevil series.

Thought the third episode was a big step up on what's come before - mainly because it actually had Clint and Kate working together properly. Car chase scene was excellent, and some touching moments too.

Shaping up to be a barnstorming final half: Tony Dalton stepping out of the shadows (as the big bad?), Kingpin in the background and Echo out for revenge.
[close]

Maybe say what the spoiler is about above it? With Hawkeye ongoing I assumed this was related to that and not some leaks.

Edit: Not leak related after all so ignore me.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2021, 11:19:34 am by Schmidt »

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6925 on: December 2, 2021, 10:26:49 am »
Spoiler

[close]

Hawkeye/MCU speculation stuff below

Spoiler
Super hyped for all of that. The street level stuff with more grounded hand to combat and less CGI shit everywhere is just alot more appealing to me nowadays.

How fucking great was Echo's introduction as well btw? That 5/6 minute opening was superbly done, honestly one of the best origin montages they've done. Already sold on her having her own series.

There's no way Tony Dalton is the big bad IMO, I think he's a huge red herring. Sure he's involved in something but I think the Mom is the big bad or she's involved with Kingpin somehow.

These last three episodes are going to be crackers. We've got stuff going on with Echo, Kingpin (potentially/likely), Swordsman involved with Jelena still to come as well. Can't wait.
[close]

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6926 on: December 2, 2021, 10:54:22 am »
Maybe say what the spoiler is about above it? With Hawkeye ongoing I assumed this was related to that and not some leaks.

Sorry mate, didn't think anything in that was based on leaks:
Spoiler
Kingpin as Maya's Uncle was teased in the episode and if he's back, then Daredevil will surely follow.
[close]

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6927 on: December 2, 2021, 11:18:45 am »
Sorry mate, didn't think anything in that was based on leaks:
Spoiler
Kingpin as Maya's Uncle was teased in the episode and if he's back, then Daredevil will surely follow.
[close]

Ah my bad that one, I just saw the first bit before looking away and it seemed so removed from what I've seen in Hawkeye I assumed it could be leak related.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6928 on: December 2, 2021, 11:59:33 am »
Spoiler
You don't cast Vera Farmiga to just be a mom, she's definitely the big bad of the series, probably with ties to Kingpin. Wouldn't be surprised if she killed her husband for the insurance or something, they were arguing about money right before the alien invasion. Dalton might just be sleazeball who targeted a widow for her money and has no idea how sketch she is, they're pushing him way too hard.
[close]
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6929 on: December 2, 2021, 12:09:15 pm »
Spoiler
You don't cast Vera Farmiga to just be a mom, she's definitely the big bad of the series, probably with ties to Kingpin. Wouldn't be surprised if she killed her husband for the insurance or something, they were arguing about money right before the alien invasion. Dalton might just be sleazeball who targeted a widow for her money and has no idea how sketch she is, they're pushing him way too hard.
[close]

Spoiler
I think the Dad probably isn't dead. We never see the body which is always a huge giveaway. I think they faked his death to sort their financial situation out and the old guy from Four Weddings found out about it so Mom killed him.
[close]

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6930 on: December 2, 2021, 09:32:53 pm »
Hawkeye is great and that bird who plays Kate Bishop is fit.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6931 on: December 5, 2021, 09:36:07 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbXJ3_AQE_o

Teaser for Spider Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One).
« Last Edit: December 5, 2021, 09:38:53 am by Garrus »

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6932 on: December 6, 2021, 01:34:06 pm »
Kevin Fiege has confirmed Charlie Cox will be returning as Daredevil in the MCU.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6933 on: December 6, 2021, 01:48:43 pm »
Kevin Fiege has confirmed Charlie Cox will be returning as Daredevil in the MCU.

He actually said that if Daredevil returns, it would be Charlie Cox playing him. But I think it's fairly clear there's something imminent planned.

Would quite like to see a more comic accurate suit, didn't love the one they had in the Netflix shows.

I also wonder if they'l treat the Netflix shows as canon, or whether they'll just loosely refer to it (i.e. Daredevil and Kingpin having an existing history, without going into details of their feud in the show).

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6934 on: December 6, 2021, 02:09:25 pm »
Hawkeye is great and that bird who plays Kate Bishop is fit.
She was in the only half-decent live-action Transformers movie in Bumblebee and was good in that too.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6935 on: December 8, 2021, 07:39:56 pm »
Enjoyed the latest Hawkeye episode, think the final 2 episodes will explode.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6936 on: December 8, 2021, 08:16:39 pm »
I like the Hawkeye series but they really overdo the Christmas thing.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6937 on: December 8, 2021, 11:46:33 pm »
Spoiler
I was hoping they'd bring Yelena into the show, glad it's early enough that she can hopefully make a few appearances!

It's been decent enough so far, I wouldn't say it has anything massively stand out about it but it's decent enough across the board. I'm starting to wonder what influence they'll have on the movies too, I never bought into the idea that the shows would be required viewing to keep up with the movies but there are so many little things throughout all of them that could come back in later.
[close]

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6938 on: December 9, 2021, 09:43:08 am »
On Hawkeye episode four:

Spoiler
Been waiting for Yelena's arrival - Florence Pugh was part of the original cast announced for the show, so it's not really something they were trying to play close to their chest. Obviously ties into the Black Widow post-credits where Julie Louis-Dreyfus gives her Clint as her next target. Although to be fair, she didn't do a great job did she? If I was an assassin I would simply shoot Hawkeye while he was exposed on the rooftop rather than engaging him in hand-to-hand combat  ;)

Pugh was great in Black Widow so looking forward to seeing more of her in these last couple of episodes, where she'll presumably move to the side of the angels. I did laugh at her doing Natasha's superhero pose, instantly giving away who it was under the mask.

Think it's fairly clear now that Kate's mum is up to no good, question is whether Jack is also involved.
[close]

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6939 on: December 9, 2021, 09:50:59 am »
On Hawkeye episode four:

Spoiler
Been waiting for Yelena's arrival - Florence Pugh was part of the original cast announced for the show, so it's not really something they were trying to play close to their chest. Obviously ties into the Black Widow post-credits where Julie Louis-Dreyfus gives her Clint as her next target. Although to be fair, she didn't do a great job did she? If I was an assassin I would simply shoot Hawkeye while he was exposed on the rooftop rather than engaging him in hand-to-hand combat  ;)

Pugh was great in Black Widow so looking forward to seeing more of her in these last couple of episodes, where she'll presumably move to the side of the angels. I did laugh at her doing Natasha's superhero pose, instantly giving away who it was under the mask.

Think it's fairly clear now that Kate's mum is up to no good, question is whether Jack is also involved.
[close]

Spoiler
The mum is definitely a baddie. And after the first 5 minutes I'm convinced Jack either isn't involved, is a goodie or is a patsie of some kind. That telephone call the mum made was to Val right wanting to get Clint out of the picture? Which is why Yelena turned up.

I loved all the Xmas hang out stuff with Kate and Clint, such good character stuff going on. Also, you had Clint telling Kate about how he didn't take the shot on Nat and it was the best shot he never took and then you have Kate later in the episode with Yelena dead to rights and she doesn't take the shot. Really good.

I'm a little worried they won't stick the landing with this because we've only got 2 episodes to go and it feels like there's alot to cram in but I hope they do because so far this is comfortably the best Marvel/Disney show yet. Comfortably.
[close]

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6940 on: December 9, 2021, 02:53:55 pm »
Spoiler
See the way Yelena jumped off the roof? Such a poser
[close]
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6941 on: December 9, 2021, 04:04:32 pm »
Fun show, just scoots along at a nice pace without crazy high end of the world stakes.  Marvel are doing a great job again of overlapping characters to make it feel like one cohesive universe.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6942 on: December 9, 2021, 08:48:31 pm »
That girl in Hawkeye is just fucking annoying and not really a nice person.  And I'm not sure if Clint is overacting on purpose when he's with his kids and then becoming almost docile throughout the rest of it.

All seems a bit mish mashy at the moment. Hope it sorts itself out as Ive been looking forward to this, although I was a bit worried as the character itself doesnt have the same draw as Wanda or Loki.

Cant be any worse than Falcon surely.

Hands up. Got to admit I got this wrong and its really won me over now. Really enjoyed the last episode.

Even Kate has been quite good although she still has some traits where I think "fuck off you spoiled rich twat"

Spoiler
Anyone getting Kingpin type vibes from Kates mam?

Or just me

So glad Yelana's turned up sooner rather than later
[close]
« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 08:50:23 pm by blert596 »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6943 on: December 13, 2021, 07:20:51 pm »
Loved the latest episode, looking forward to the last two!

Will there be credit scenes?

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6944 on: December 14, 2021, 08:10:50 am »
Spiderman opens with 100% reviews on Rotten Tomatoes

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #6945 on: December 14, 2021, 10:16:51 am »
I am seeing Spiderman No Way Home today at the National press show due to a mate.

Looking forward to it. Been a crap few months so this should be a good night.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 10:18:35 am by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6946 on: December 14, 2021, 10:24:51 am »
I am seeing Spiderman No Way Home today at the National press show due to a mate.

Looking forward to it. Been a crap few months so this should be a good night.

How do you always get to the Marvel premieres?! Major jealous.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6947 on: December 14, 2021, 10:29:00 am »
How do you always get to the Marvel premieres?! Major jealous.

I was a film journalist (freelance) for 10 years and it coincided with MCU, Iron Man was one of my first press conferences (recall I spoke to ScarJo) and this ended a few years ago. The last personal invite I had from Disney was Thor Ragnarok. I have a friend who still does some Radio stuff and if the timings work out he invites me as his "plus one" for some films.

Back in the day I would watch a lot of previews but now.....kids, different job, so not so much! :)

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6948 on: December 14, 2021, 10:30:42 am »
I was a film journalist (freelance) for 10 years and it coincided with MCU, Iron Man was one of my first press conferences (recall I spoke to ScarJo) and this ended a few years ago. The last personal invite I had from Disney was Thor Ragnarok. I have a friend who still does some Radio stuff and if the timings work out he invites me as his "plus one" for some films.

Back in the day I would watch a lot of previews but now.....kids, different job, so not so much! :)

Ah I thought as much! I've seen you post about going to a number of them over the years.

What did you say to ScarJo and was she even fitter in person?!  ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6949 on: December 14, 2021, 11:38:32 am »
Ah I thought as much! I've seen you post about going to a number of them over the years.

What did you say to ScarJo and was she even fitter in person?!  ;D

Oh wow, that was a while back. I think I asked her about what her chosen superpower would be. It was a rubbish question (hadn't been doing it that long) and she even said "That was a corny question". She's very easy on the eye in person, have seen her at quite of few of Disney press things over the years.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6950 on: December 14, 2021, 12:38:12 pm »
Oh wow, that was a while back. I think I asked her about what her chosen superpower would be. It was a rubbish question (hadn't been doing it that long) and she even said "That was a corny question". She's very easy on the eye in person, have seen her at quite of few of Disney press things over the years.

Haha that's boss that mate.

Have a good one tonight, it seems the reviews are all very positive at the moment  :)

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6951 on: December 14, 2021, 12:44:45 pm »
Haha that's boss that mate.

Have a good one tonight, it seems the reviews are all very positive at the moment  :)

Thanks man

It's good to see some positivity around these days.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6952 on: December 14, 2021, 11:14:00 pm »
Spiderman...

is barrel-loads of fun: soulful, witty, surprising (yet kinda not in a way) and perfectly pitched for this age.

Spidey-fans will be besides themselves.

Gonna be huge

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6953 on: December 15, 2021, 01:58:45 am »
Spiderman...

is barrel-loads of fun: soulful, witty, surprising (yet kinda not in a way) and perfectly pitched for this age.

Gonna be huge

awesome. going to see it Christmas Day.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #6954 on: December 15, 2021, 03:39:44 am »
For all the hype it's getting it better introduce the X-Men or F4  ;D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6955 on: December 15, 2021, 08:15:31 am »
Spiderman...

Gonna be huge

Going tomoroow....hyped!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6956 on: December 15, 2021, 08:18:56 am »
Going on saturday night! Can't wait!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6957 on: December 15, 2021, 08:41:50 am »
Tonight's the night! Also have just about every Marvel-related search term blocked on Twitter - although since it's not out in the US until Friday I don't think there'll be tons of spoilers flying around today.

Might do Hawkeye episode five when I get back home tonight...

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6958 on: December 15, 2021, 09:03:18 am »
Tonight's the night! Also have just about every Marvel-related search term blocked on Twitter - although since it's not out in the US until Friday I don't think there'll be tons of spoilers flying around today.

Might do Hawkeye episode five when I get back home tonight...

The movie screened in the US on Monday, so there are spoilers around so be careful; I'd stay off Twitter completely, to be sure...

Online John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6959 on: December 15, 2021, 03:52:11 pm »
Thoroughly enjoyed No Way Home. Think it'll be the first time I see something in the cinema twice for a very long time.

Another fun episode of Hawkeye as well, slightly worried they've left quite a lot in the air with just one episode to go (but then they can be quite flexible with the episode run times).
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John