Author Topic: Shaving  (Read 136548 times)

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
Re: Shaving
« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2009, 11:38:04 pm »
That your legs are far smoother than they were.

I'm here all year...
Rookie mistake, I wouldnt of asked her to prove her legs were smooth.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2009, 12:27:35 am »
Rookie mistake, I wouldnt of asked her to prove her legs were smooth.

Me too mate. He should have asked to see her centre-part!   
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2009, 12:38:28 am »
Me too mate. He should have asked to see her centre-part!   
You always have to take things that one step further, bravo sir!! ;D

On toe pick, anyone got one of these -

http://www.mankind.co.uk/src/awin/RazorPit-Razor-Blade-Sharpener-PRODRPPS1/
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: October 30, 2009, 12:42:56 am »
Got the stubble look going right now. Feel like a proper man...

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2009, 12:45:31 am »
Feel like a proper man...
Oh you did that on purpose!!

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2009, 12:48:10 am »

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2009, 12:56:13 am »
;)
Dont be winking at me my son, a proper man I am, but I'm not your type. :P

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2009, 02:19:10 am »
Dont be winking at me my son, a proper man I am, but I'm not your type. :P

;D

I need to shave twice a week. Last week though, I let it grow for two weeks and after I shaved it, it felt a lot better. Also, have never shaved/trimmed my balls. Should I do it or not? :D

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2009, 02:40:09 am »
;D

I need to shave twice a week. Last week though, I let it grow for two weeks and after I shaved it, it felt a lot better. Also, have never shaved/trimmed my balls. Should I do it or not? :D
Dont worry once you get through puberty, you will have to shave more than twice a week :P Its true though you do get a better shave if you leave it to grow for a while, if you are doing it every day you are stripping the skin of oils and skin itself as much as stubble.

As for shaving your spuds, I wouldnt know, ask your bunkmate what he prefers.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2009, 08:56:45 am »
As for shaving your spuds, I wouldnt know, ask your bunkmate what he prefers.

:lmao
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #210 on: October 30, 2009, 09:10:18 am »
And when do you get your banana peeled?

Don't want to resemble a 9yr old, so for now, I'm letting it all stay where it is. Too gay taking the mower down there.

It's god telling you to grow a beard.

Oh, I have done that several times and it helps but can't be arsed looking like a grizzly bear for the rest of my life. It would ruin my looks!!
We'll visit the Folies Bergeres,
They like to see the Scousers there,
The women are lovely with skin like a peach,
But no one can move it like Kenny Dalglish.

Offline lainey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2009, 10:20:04 am »
I have decided to get laser hair removal for my facial hair. Been quoted about £400 for the full works.

I'm sick and tired of shaving every so often not to mention the razor rash, the ingrown hairs I get. Tried almost every trick under thee sun but to no avail.

Ca suffit!!

where? that seems really cheap i'd have thought another nought on it

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2009, 01:03:50 pm »
It doesn't ???

From what i read before buying, it seemed cut throats give the best, followed by a straight razor e.g Merkur HD, then the Fusion?

Was the main reason i brought it lol
The Merkur isn't a straight razor, which is another name for a cutthroat. The Merkur is a single-blade safety razor (Gillette make multi-blade safety razors).

You will get the best shave with the straight/cutthroat razor, but only if it's really effing sharp, and you strop it. And you'll probably get a better shave with a Merkur, too, because it forces you to take more care (no swivel head), and you can afford to use a new blade far more often. I think a lot of it has to do with Merkur owners knowing how to shave properly, and using top-quality shaving cream (which is far cheaper than cans of gel), whereas most people just whack on some crappy gel and whip a Gillette across their faces.

What the guy in the video doesn't do, which is also a good idea (at least if you have really tough stubble like me), is to hold the skin you're shaving taut with your other hand. That helps with an electric, too. Here's how to shave with a cutthroat. Notice how he uses his free hand to hold the skin taut.

I usually spend 20 minutes shaving (my head, too), and over 30 minutes with the cutthroat.

Certainly, I have much fewer problems with razor rash and nicks with the Merkur, Geo Trumper cream and a shaving bowl and brush than I did with a Gillette.

If you don't want to  spend more than five minutes shaving, though, you're probably better off with your multi-blade Gillette/Wilko Sword and can of gel.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2009, 01:54:31 pm »
I usually spend 20 minutes shaving (my head, too)

Nothing better than when your hairs getting abit long, whipping it to the knuckle with the clippers on zero, having a shave and then a shower.

God i'm such a girl.

PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2009, 01:59:59 pm »
Nothing better than when your hairs getting abit long, whipping it to the knuckle with the clippers on zero, having a shave and then a shower.

God i'm such a girl.
Lol. to be honest, most of the time I stop after using the clippers. Manly stubble and that. Also, my head is very shiny.

You should really shave after a shower if you're using a wet razor, though. Much better as your stubble is softer. Electric works better on stiff stubble, though.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 30, 2009, 02:11:06 pm »
You should really shave after a shower if you're using a wet razor, though. Much better as your stubble is softer.

Ive only got bumfluff in patches ;)

Edit - I am aware that the above comment sounds rather bent, but that was not my intentions.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 02:12:46 pm by JimmyGrunt »
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 30, 2009, 02:25:44 pm »
Ive only got bumfluff in patches ;)

Edit - I am aware that the above comment sounds rather bent, but that was not my intentions.
Should have said "virile, manly bumfluff".

Lucky fucker, you. I've got a thick pelt growing practically everywhere but the top of my head :(

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #217 on: October 30, 2009, 02:43:36 pm »
Here is my shaving setup. I have a Merkur 34C razor, which I use with either Personna or Derby blades. I find both of these brands equally effective, though the Personnas usually give an extra shave per blade (4 as opposed to 3).

My brush is a Simpson's Special filled with best badger. Would love to get a Simpson's Chubby one day, but can't quite justify the outlay.

As you can see, I favour the Truefitt & Hill creams and balms - they give a superb result and smell just amazing. I have the West Indian Limes for when I shave in the morning, and the 1805 for when I shave at night, as it is more of an evening fragrance.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Troglodyte

• Cave dwelling Sun reader. That'll be the target demographic nailed then.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #218 on: October 30, 2009, 02:47:48 pm »
I get these tiny rash like bumps on the lower part of my chin after shaving.It happens when i try to shave too fast and boy , does it sting or what  :o
And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 30, 2009, 03:01:22 pm »
I get these tiny rash like bumps on the lower part of my chin after shaving.It happens when i try to shave too fast and boy , does it sting or what  :o

Make sure you're always shaving with the grain, especially in the area where you are getting the rash. And invest in a proper glycerin-based shaving cream, like Truefitt's or Trumper's - makes a huge difference. But most of all, take your time!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:02:56 pm by ۩ Imperator ۩ »

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 30, 2009, 03:05:00 pm »
Make sure you're always shaving with the grain, especially in the area where you are getting the rash. And invest in a proper glycerin-based shaving cream, like Truefitt's or Trumper's - makes a huge difference. But most of all, take your time!

What he said. Top advice.

Offline Troglodyte

• Anny Roader
« Reply #221 on: October 30, 2009, 03:20:10 pm »

Thanks mate..I use a Mach 3 turbo with gilette shaving gel for sensitive skin(The kind that turns into foam once you expose it). Earlier i used Gilette sensor excel and i never got rashes...

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2009, 03:30:17 pm »
I used to get rashes all the time, which is why I investigated my options and decided to learn to use a proper safety razor instead of a cartridge razor. I never get rashes now, and my missus loves my skin! The shaving creams cost more money, but this is easily balanced out by the savings on blades.

Offline Troglodyte

• Anny Roader
« Reply #223 on: October 30, 2009, 03:37:01 pm »
I used to get rashes all the time, which is why I investigated my options and decided to learn to use a proper safety razor instead of a cartridge razor. I never get rashes now, and my missus loves my skin! The shaving creams cost more money, but this is easily balanced out by the savings on blades.

Yeah , my dad still uses the Safety Razor and swears by it. I tried to make him use an Electric Shaver but he said the best shave is an old fashioned safety razor shave. I have also tried it a couple of times in the past and the shave is damn clean and feels great.

Now , the thing is , a safety razor is a great thing if you KNOW what you are doing and have the correct technique. If you don't , you are going to end up with multiple cuts to your face. ;)

Offline Nicoliverpool

• French Pie Eating Champion 2007
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #224 on: October 30, 2009, 03:42:04 pm »
Can someone make Garreth aware of this thread?
Yanks out

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: October 30, 2009, 04:07:23 pm »
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 30, 2009, 04:25:24 pm »
I'd say the cream is cheaper: you only need a tiny dab of the stuff. I've had this tub for about 18 months.

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #227 on: November 1, 2009, 12:02:13 am »
where? that seems really cheap i'd have thought another nought on it

Add another nought on that figure? I'm not having a boob job ya know.  :D

It's a place in Glasgow that I went to.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: November 1, 2009, 12:30:23 am »

Glasgow? For fucks sake, they're not going to use electrolysis. They'll charge you 400 notes, throw half a bottle of Jamesons over your grid, set fire to it, then rob your wallet and jewellery while you're waiting for the fucking ambulance!!    :o
Macca resplendent!

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #229 on: November 1, 2009, 01:42:20 am »
Glasgow? For fucks sake, they're not going to use electrolysis. They'll charge you 400 notes, throw half a bottle of Jamesons over your grid, set fire to it, then rob your wallet and jewellery while you're waiting for the fucking ambulance!!    :o

Macca, what are you like eh?  ;D

Can you come with me just to make sure that at least I retain my bling?

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #230 on: November 1, 2009, 02:56:36 am »

So once you have had that done, when will you get the full sex change Barbara? Or will you have to keep driving the cab for a while until you have saved up enough?

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #231 on: November 1, 2009, 08:19:35 am »
So once you have had that done, when will you get the full sex change Barbara? Or will you have to keep driving the cab for a while until you have saved up enough?

Thinking of it, I might do. I might get them reduced. I'll need to raise some money though.

Heard that you were looking for a pimp?

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: November 1, 2009, 12:21:58 pm »
Hate shaving, just a hassle really.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline tossinho

• Anny Roader
« Reply #233 on: November 1, 2009, 07:22:57 pm »
I fuckin hate shaving, i need to shave every 2 days, but if i dont shave after about 4 days i can go about 2 weeks and it wont grow any longer

same
I love inside jokes... I’d love to be a part of one someday!

Offline Rafas_Barmy_Army

• Legacy Fan
  • Its rainin sideways.
« Reply #234 on: November 2, 2009, 10:43:15 pm »
Here is my shaving setup. I have a Merkur 34C razor, which I use with either Personna or Derby blades. I find both of these brands equally effective, though the Personnas usually give an extra shave per blade (4 as opposed to 3).

My brush is a Simpson's Special filled with best badger. Would love to get a Simpson's Chubby one day, but can't quite justify the outlay.

As you can see, I favour the Truefitt & Hill creams and balms - they give a superb result and smell just amazing. I have the West Indian Limes for when I shave in the morning, and the 1805 for when I shave at night, as it is more of an evening fragrance.

i am in awe of this set up...i just have a mach 3 and a tin of shaving gel ha
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #235 on: November 2, 2009, 10:49:46 pm »
Same here. But now i've got the Mekur i'm gonna invest in some proper stuff

EDIT: WTF. £200 for a shaving brush....what's so special. And do brushes really make that much difference compared to say properly working in the foam with your fingers
« Last Edit: November 2, 2009, 11:03:05 pm by buzzing »
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #236 on: November 2, 2009, 11:24:46 pm »

EDIT: WTF. £200 for a shaving brush....what's so special. And do brushes really make that much difference compared to say properly working in the foam with your fingers
Using a brush massages your skin and also makes the stubble stand up, using your fingers and palm of your hand you flatten the hair down and make it more difficult for the razor to get as close as it can.
They are made from top quality materials and they are made to last you a lifetime, so the prices reflect that.

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: November 3, 2009, 12:02:51 am »
Using a brush massages your skin and also makes the stubble stand up, using your fingers and palm of your hand you flatten the hair down and make it more difficult for the razor to get as close as it can.
They are made from top quality materials and they are made to last you a lifetime, so the prices reflect that.

And don't forget, the rarity and exclusivity of the materials used also adds greatly to the price. For fucks sake, don't tell him how much a shaving brush made from Welsh virgins' fanny hair costs. He'll probably cut his own fucking throat!  :D
Macca resplendent!

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #238 on: November 3, 2009, 12:15:03 am »
Ah a Welsh virgin, a rare thing indeed! :D

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 3, 2009, 05:57:28 pm »

If you're not using a brush, you're doing it wrong. There's no need to go crazy on it, though.

Even a Wilko Sword brush for a few quid is worlds better than using your fingers, but it's definitely worth investing in a badger-hair brush. I use an Edwin Jagger super badger brush. Way better than a cheapo brush, but I'd never pay for a silver tip badger brush.