Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Redbonnie on Today at 07:19:15 am »
There are different factors that that make parting ways not outlandish:
1. His legs- he's not quick enough for the wing anymore and IMO he gets shrugged off it too easily to play in the middle.
2. His wages- IMO we should rotate him more at the stage but a player sitting out a decent chunk of the season is not worth £400k
3. Tactics- other players need to do more work to carry him and they play with less freedom when he's on the pitch.

If an offer of £150m comes in, I'd take it after considering the points above.

This is not personal even though some usual suspects will try to make it so. If you don't agree, you can give reasons why the current version of Mo Salah is worth £400k and why he's worth us forgoing 100 odd million. That's the point of a forum.

Good post it’s not personal it’s business.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Last post by Chakri on Today at 07:12:46 am »
Hmm again no luck Liverpool. Whole lot different story if that Elliott shot went inside in first leg.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Caps4444 on Today at 07:11:01 am »
Having looked at Salah's historical data there really is no way draw any definitive conclusions about Salah's form at different periods of the season.  Perhaps only that March tends to be his worst month historically.

The only thing you can say with certainty, is like any striker he has dips in form.

Claims that he always finishes seasons badly - which I've seen many repeat - isn't accurate and changes from one season to the next.

No doubt his 2021/22 end of season stats were very bad and perhaps as it was a crucial moment in our history that sticks in people's minds, but he has had other seasons where he has been above his averages at the end of seasons.  Even last season in his final 8 games he was 4 goals in 8 games, but while he didn't score in his last 3 games he had an incredible 5 assists over those 3 games.

Here's a shocking statement...perhaps Salah's own form has a direct relationship to that of the team's.  We can all see the team is struggling for their best form at the moment and naturally that won't help Salah find his best form - a non-mutually exclusive relationship.

But the issue is, in my opinion, is the lack of pace now.  I recall in interview Zinchenko did, when asked who was the toughest opponent.  He said Mo. He said his explosiveness was unplayable.  Mo just doesn’t have that anymore. He will be 32 in June.
Are you saying i'm a visionary mate? Am I in the same bracket as Prof and Gullit?

Spoiler
You’re not.
[close]
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai
« Last post by Knight on Today at 07:09:21 am »
Begs the question if the above is true, why we bought him with Salah playing there.

I’ve been as negative about our recruitment over the past few years as anyone (not enough players, not the right players at points) but I don’t think this is fair on us. He’s not a wide forward, he’s not really a 10. He’d probably be a very good right winger in a flat midfield 4 but they basically don’t exist anymore. And if some of the best of them played today they’d be right sided 8s anyway. David Beckham would, for example, be a right sided 8. So basically I think he’s an ideal option to play as an 8.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 07:08:50 am »
Losing 5pts in our last two games to United and Palace has done us.  We need to win all 6 remaining games and I'm struggling to see it.
Away at Fulham, Everton and W Ham in 6 days?!  Fuck that. We're dropping in at least one of those.

Free midweek before our last 3 would be huge, but even before this massive slump these 3 away games in 6 days (or 4 in 9) looked a nightmare and we've blown any margin for error.

We're more likely to.win 0 then all 3. Beat Fulham and go from there but we just aren't winning all 3. The players haven't got it in them.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by Draex on Today at 07:08:46 am »
Almost like he’s just coming back from being up out for three months?

I’m astonished by the level he’s returned at and how quickly he’s found it.

Agree he was by far our best player, and as he started to tire so did our chances.

Most players need a month of playing to look on it, he’s done it after 45mins.
« Last post by Zlen on Today at 07:08:01 am »
Was expecting to see something to pin my hopes on last night. Not much. There were tiny, tiny shoots in some passes from Trent, few nice dribbles by Gakpo, but that was about it. Bulk of the squad performed the same or worse than we have in past games. Attack is still stuck on an island, isolated, living on scraps, past glories and lack of replacements available. Upcoming week will be horrible, absolutely horrible to watch. Based on how we play and assuming we haven't kept something in the tank on purpose - we'll struggle a lot in all three away games.
« Last post by Caston on Today at 07:06:35 am »
Quadruple talk after the league cup win, to the season in very big danger of just whimpering out.

It’s like we’ve been space jammed.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai
« Last post by Knight on Today at 07:06:27 am »
I was under this impression when we first signed him too. An all round AM with athleticism, like Kevin De Bruyne. But soon I realized he isn't. He has the passing technique but doesn't have the vision, speed of thought and close control of a central attacking midfielder. On good days he can look decent as an AM or a 8. But on bad days, especially days when they pressed the shit out of us like this, his weakness is exposed and it looks like he can't pass to save his life.

He does create but mostly from dead balls and crosses, like a traditional RM. Salzburg played 442 and Leipzig played 4222 which suit him more. I'm not writing him off or anything but clearly the system has to change to accommodate his strong attributes.

Too early to be calling this for me. Your ‘he’s not a creative passer’ shout of a few weeks ago is definitely being borne out right now but then no one in the team really looks like a creative passer. I think he could definitely develop into what you’re describing. And has already looked like it at points this season, as you admit.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]