Author Topic: Loan Watch 2016-17  (Read 89604 times)

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Loan Watch 2016-17
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2016, 10:10:34 am »
Danny Ward has looked good for Huddersfield tonight.
I felt he is a bit hesitant in his decisions couple of times. Overall will be a good backup keeper for Liverpool in the future.

Offline North Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2016, 02:28:55 pm »
Allan starts against Leipzig just now.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2016, 02:45:22 pm »
I felt he is a bit hesitant in his decisions couple of times. Overall will be a good backup keeper for Liverpool in the future.

He seriously needs to stop suddenly rushing out and then stopping half way, leaving himself in no man's land. Norwich nearly scored 2 or 3 times because of it.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2016, 08:36:45 pm »
Anyone know how Allan got on today?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2016, 07:00:09 pm »
I saw flanno starting for Burnley the other day. Has he forced his way into the line up or is he still in and outof the side?

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 4, 2017, 07:03:10 pm »
Would like to see Flanno come back and compete for one of the full back slots ... Would feel more comfortable having him at left back in Milner's absence than Moreno.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 4, 2017, 11:55:21 pm »
Would like to see Flanno come back and compete for one of the full back slots ... Would feel more comfortable having him at left back in Milner's absence than Moreno.

I'd rather he was warming our bench than Burnley's
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 5, 2017, 02:35:21 am »
I saw flanno starting for Burnley the other day. Has he forced his way into the line up or is he still in and outof the side?

I think he's hardly played right?  I just read an article saying they were thinking about cutting his loan short. 

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 5, 2017, 04:44:22 am »
Really? I like Flanno because he's a local boy but it would be pretty hard to argue he's been as good as Moreno (whose corner led to the second goal against Sunderland) this season.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 5, 2017, 09:49:54 am »
anyone got a detailed report on Kent's progress?

Was hoping he might be called back given our lack of attacking options off the bench. I like Woodburn a lot, but it's clear he's not trusted for PL games and he's got plenty of time on his side, would much rather have Kent being an option.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 5, 2017, 04:09:13 pm »
anyone got a detailed report on Kent's progress?

Was hoping he might be called back given our lack of attacking options off the bench. I like Woodburn a lot, but it's clear he's not trusted for PL games and he's got plenty of time on his side, would much rather have Kent being an option.

Also curious about young Ryan.  Because as you say, he's got the build and tools seemingly to make an impact now.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2017, 05:21:35 pm »
We've recalled Sam Hart from Port Vale, L1.  He's a left back/left winger.  18 appearances, 1 goal, 1 assist, 1,168 mins.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/11/sam-hart-returns-to-liverpool-from-loan-spell-at-port-vale-6375460/

“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2017, 05:34:05 pm »
We've recalled Sam Hart from Port Vale, L1.  He's a left back/left winger.  18 appearances, 1 goal, 1 assist, 1,168 mins.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/11/sam-hart-returns-to-liverpool-from-loan-spell-at-port-vale-6375460/
Apparently because the new boss at Port Vale doesn't fancy him

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2017, 05:57:20 pm »
I think he's hardly played right?  I just read an article saying they were thinking about cutting his loan short. 

Yea I read the same one too. Had their manager saying that as you can only loan in 2 players as a Premier League club and seeing as they have 3 (was it or 2) other people in his position/s they may look at cutting it short if they can improve their 1st with a loan player in another position. If he's not going to get games then bring him back. May as well get coached by us then someone else.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2017, 09:43:41 pm »
Porto are releasing Markovic apparently, does that mean he returns to us?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2017, 10:05:02 pm »

Sporting not Porto  :-X

And it does but I wouldn't be surprised if he's sent out again almost straight away...then possibly sold in summer if we can find a buyer.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2017, 11:00:55 pm »

Yeah, he comes back to us if this does happen.  Too bad that it hasn't worked out for him.  Not sure how long he has left on his contract but you'd have to assume he won't be involved in the first team here. 

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2017, 11:04:27 pm »
Can international loans be cancelled?

I didn't think they could be
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2017, 12:51:36 am »
Looks like Kent has gotten a lot of game time but doesn't have a whole lot to show for it (1 goal, no assists). Looks like he either starts the match and comes on or comes on as a sub, somehow he always features.

Might just be the system they play or something like that, but he's gaining some good experience for sure.

For what its worth he's played more than double the minutes as Adam Armstrong, who's highly rated at Newcastle and scored loads for Coventry last season.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2017, 07:43:42 pm »
Ryan Kent goal for Barnsley in the 3-2 win today.

https://twitter.com/ViktorFagerLFC/status/769654583891202048

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2017, 07:46:09 pm »
Ryan Kent goal for Barnsley in the 3-2 win today.

https://twitter.com/ViktorFagerLFC/status/769654583891202048
That's an older one I think (tweet is from August last year)

This is his goal from today :
https://twitter.com/EurosportNorge/status/822877106551955456

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2017, 08:22:56 pm »
Thanks mate  ;D

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2017, 12:42:16 am »
Can international loans be cancelled?

I didn't think they could be

Course they can, why would you think it matters whether domestic or international?

We sent manquillo back early, we sent sahin back early.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2017, 12:43:54 am »
Looks like Kent has gotten a lot of game time but doesn't have a whole lot to show for it (1 goal, no assists). Looks like he either starts the match and comes on or comes on as a sub, somehow he always features.

Might just be the system they play or something like that, but he's gaining some good experience for sure.

For what its worth he's played more than double the minutes as Adam Armstrong, who's highly rated at Newcastle and scored loads for Coventry last season.

He's very much a flash in the pan type player, you know what you'll get.

But ultimately he has 0 end product.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2017, 01:56:34 am »

Nonsense.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2017, 08:42:36 am »
Course they can, why would you think it matters whether domestic or international?

We sent manquillo back early, we sent sahin back early.
Good point
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2017, 09:16:02 am »

He literally has 3 end product for Barnsley this season; 2 goals and 1 assist.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2017, 01:09:04 pm »
He literally has 3 end product for Barnsley this season; 2 goals and 1 assist.

in 2,000 minutes of football? in the championship?

Based on that logic, every player in football has end product? Your point isn't valid, he has no end product.

Ask Coventry and Barnsley fans and they'll tell you the same thing.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2017, 01:09:54 pm »

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2017, 01:30:29 pm »

Based on that logic, every player in football has end product? Your point isn't valid, he has no end product.

Yes. Yes

No. I have no point, only facts, you're incorrect.

They would also be incorrect then.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2017, 02:23:07 pm »
Chirivella scores on his debut

Header at the back post from a cross
W

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2017, 10:22:39 pm »

I went on the Barnsley forum a few weeks back and they seemed happy with him. He's an outlet who gets the ball up the pitch fast, really helps them transition quickly, seemed to be why.

We know he's capable of the end product from his performances for us, whether he can transfer that to senior football is another question, but sounds like he's been a decent asset regardless. Still really young.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2017, 10:28:50 pm »

My husband's a Barnsley fan as are all his mates and I live in Barnsley and I can assure you they think no such thing. 

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2017, 11:20:23 pm »
My husband's a Barnsley fan as are all his mates and I live in Barnsley and I can assure you they think no such thing.

Coventry fans the same far as I can gather from the responses from his goal v Leeds. They'd love him back.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2017, 04:14:58 pm »
Coventry fans the same far as I can gather from the responses from his goal v Leeds. They'd love him back.

worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06P6xXjoM_s

You can also see from this that he receives the ball a lot around the half-way line. Compare that to where the likes of Lallana and Coutinho were receiving the ball at the weekend, and you'd think that his numbers would go up significantly if all his trickery was focused around the box.

Is there no way to get this lad back? Prefer him to Ojo personally, but they're both outstanding prospects. Also suits a wide position much more than Woodburn.

My one concern is that he doesn't quite have the pace/acceleration to burn his man, but always ends up coming back on himself.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2017, 04:20:02 pm »
talk is markovic will go to hull now

the loan in portugal being cancelled first

doesnt seem like has been doing much if anything
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2017, 04:21:05 pm »
Hull is probably the sort of loan he went for at the start of the season IMO.

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2017, 05:07:27 pm »
I want him so much to succeed here, but he's in last chance saloon now. Go on and have a terrific half-season, lad. ynwa

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2017, 05:49:21 pm »
Interesting to see how that turns out. Hopefully he flourishes rather than wasting away on the Bench

Who knows , he could come back and have a similar impact to Moses at Chelsea this year? (Extremely optimistic I know)

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2017, 05:56:34 pm »
Delighted about the Markovic deal - at the very least it should give us closure whether the lad has the raw tools to cut it in the Prem. He just needs the chance, and Hull need a magician.

Always thought he came across as a good lad and there were a few games where he looked the real deal before tailing off again ... really hope he smashes it at Hull and can he has the tools to succeed in the Prem.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4