Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3301087 times)

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #27360 on: September 1, 2022, 08:12:48 am »
The Pink was great, Docking on top form.

Atkinson's opening on the Post Match Pint is one of the all time best, only bettered by the Barcelona one.

10/10 tonight.

Worried about Neil's health with his transition to video and the Reds' transition to being shite. He can't keep that level up, he'll do himself in!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27361 on: September 1, 2022, 09:43:41 am »
Fucking hell Atko. We owe you a pint after that PMP

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27362 on: September 1, 2022, 09:56:25 am »
Worried about Neil's health with his transition to video and the Reds' transition to being shite. He can't keep that level up, he'll do himself in!
Same here. Man, that was wild!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27363 on: September 1, 2022, 10:06:37 am »
Gibbo when he found out about Fabio's injury

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27364 on: September 1, 2022, 10:43:52 am »
Bless you Neil. ;D

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27365 on: September 2, 2022, 04:25:04 pm »
Ive really enjoyed the recent lack of Kev Walsh.

Hed rather lose to United and more importantly City if it meant beating Everton.  :butt

Who thought it was a good idea to give him a microphone?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27366 on: September 2, 2022, 04:27:58 pm »
Whereas I love that they have Kev on for all things Everton! Shame we didn't get to hear his thoughts on Keita being unhappy with his playing time  ;D
« Last Edit: September 2, 2022, 04:30:36 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27367 on: September 2, 2022, 05:32:56 pm »
Whereas I love that they have Kev on for all things Everton! Shame we didn't get to hear his thoughts on Keita being unhappy with his playing time  ;D

;D  True
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27368 on: September 3, 2022, 05:38:43 am »
Imagine my surprise that he left early and missed the winner.

No wonder he sounded like he'd been chewing a wasp.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27369 on: September 3, 2022, 07:35:41 am »
Imagine my surprise that he left early and missed the winner.

No wonder he sounded like he'd been chewing a wasp.

Who left early? Kev Walsh?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27370 on: September 3, 2022, 04:55:14 pm »
Who left early? Kev Walsh?

Yes, said it on one of the shows before the weekend

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27371 on: September 3, 2022, 06:47:51 pm »
If Neil is the perm hoist of PMP then I think the Pink needs a revamp. 

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #27372 on: September 3, 2022, 08:59:24 pm »
If Neil is the perm hoist of PMP then I think the Pink needs a revamp.

Agreed and as I’ve said before, the pre match warm up pod needs to be recorded post press conference  given that audio only subscribers have lost Team Talk.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2022, 10:43:20 pm by Big Bamber »

Offline tmsneil

• A compere beyond compare
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #27373 on: September 4, 2022, 10:25:40 pm »
Agreed and as I’ve said before, the pre match warm up pod needs to be recorded post press conference  given that audio only subscribers have lost Team Talk.
That won't be happening. TAW Live will continue to be recorded post press conference and will draw heavily on the press conference. Pre Match Warm Up will be recorded on a Thursday.

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #27374 on: September 4, 2022, 11:16:21 pm »
That won't be happening. TAW Live will continue to be recorded post press conference and will draw heavily on the press conference. Pre Match Warm Up will be recorded on a Thursday.

Thanks for the reply. That is a shame. Leaving aside the point that TAW Live is there for non subscribers, it has not yet analyzed Klopp’s presser in anything like the detail Team Talk did. And Pre Match Warm Up goes ‘out of date’ very quickly. Feels like a downgrade. Honest feedback offered in good faith.

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #27375 on: September 5, 2022, 12:49:21 am »
And Pre Match Warm Up goes ‘out of date’ very quickly. Feels like a downgrade.

Agree. Feels like speculation.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27376 on: September 5, 2022, 09:13:44 am »
Pretty sobering Wrap from yesterday. I wanted to be annoyed by it but most of the comments were probably fair and not too knee jerk. Mo probably the loudest voice of calm. I do think things will improve but it is hard to see a magic quick fix when we can’t make a ton of changes and some players who look like they do need a rest can’t get one.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27377 on: September 5, 2022, 09:30:13 am »
Pretty sobering Wrap from yesterday. I wanted to be annoyed by it but most of the comments were probably fair and not too knee jerk. Mo probably the loudest voice of calm. I do think things will improve but it is hard to see a magic quick fix when we can’t make a ton of changes and some players who look like they do need a rest can’t get one.

Which show you referring to mate, I could do with some sobriety.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27378 on: September 5, 2022, 09:36:11 am »
Which show you referring to mate, I could do with some sobriety.

Just the main show that came out yesterday. Neil, Mo, Stu Wright and Robbie I think. Can’t say I enjoyed it all because I want to think everything will just click into place but at the same time, none of them were OTT or knee jerk.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27379 on: September 5, 2022, 11:43:09 am »
Ive really enjoyed the recent lack of Kev Walsh.

Hed rather lose to United and more importantly City if it meant beating Everton.  :butt

Who thought it was a good idea to give him a microphone?

He can sometimes annoy me with some very oversimplistic, tabloidy shouts. But to be fair he can also be very funny and add a lot on the right shows. A definite 'horses for courses' contributor.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27380 on: September 5, 2022, 11:47:42 am »

Free show was absolutely superb I thought. Mo, Stu and Robbie all excellent contributors. Mo especially is the person on TAW that I like listening to the most along with Neil. Often people talk about how much 'sense' some contributors are talking, when personally I think they're just stating the obvious and adding nothing new. Mo on the other hand, is an example of talking sense while also bringing amazing knowledge and offering opinions that aren't just parroting the others.

The Review was also great post Everton.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2022, 11:50:08 am by decosabute »

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27381 on: September 6, 2022, 10:15:36 am »
Thanks for the reply. That is a shame. Leaving aside the point that TAW Live is there for non subscribers, it has not yet analyzed Klopp’s presser in anything like the detail Team Talk did. And Pre Match Warm Up goes ‘out of date’ very quickly. Feels like a downgrade. Honest feedback offered in good faith.
Genuinely, are you really that bothered about analysis of the press conference? Those things are broadly boring non-events. Am I missing something here?

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27382 on: September 6, 2022, 10:32:46 am »
Free show was absolutely superb I thought. Mo, Stu and Robbie all excellent contributors. Mo especially is the person on TAW that I like listening to the most along with Neil. Often people talk about how much 'sense' some contributors are talking, when personally I think they're just stating the obvious and adding nothing new. Mo on the other hand, is an example of talking sense while also bringing amazing knowledge and offering opinions that aren't just parroting the others.

The Review was also great post Everton.

100 % on Mo. The other thing with him is he is level headed and never "down" on players or anything really. He does it with a smile and a chuckle. Excellent contributor (amongst many).
Interestingly both the Review and the Free Show posed more questions than answers. Quite often they are a balm. Well this was "quizzical surgery" for me.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #27383 on: September 6, 2022, 11:06:35 am »
100 % on Mo. The other thing with him is he is level headed and never "down" on players or anything really. He does it with a smile and a chuckle. Excellent contributor (amongst many).
Interestingly both the Review and the Free Show posed more questions than answers. Quite often they are a balm. Well this was "quizzical surgery" for me.

On the review, Sean wrote a 3000 word piece yesterday because he had so much he wanted to say but they didn't have time to go through everything...

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2022/09/writing-liverpool-style-shift-eye-test-versus-stats/

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #27384 on: September 6, 2022, 12:29:00 pm »

Just seemed like the usual Goodison derby performance to be honest (and result) last season with Benitez in charge the anomaly. A bit similar with Old Trafford although that was particularly poor this season.

Wednesday night was more concerning, but it is what it is until we get a full squad available.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27385 on: September 6, 2022, 12:29:06 pm »
Genuinely, are you really that bothered about analysis of the press conference? Those things are broadly boring non-events. Am I missing something here?

Some people — many people — think that Klopp is eliciting some kind of hidden code about his real feelings during the pressers, rather than trying to get them over as quickly as possible so he can get back to managing the football team.

There was a red alert over some embargo'd quotes two weeks: "Klopp has changed his stance on signings" taking one sentence beyond its context and wishing it meant something else so they could hang their hopes on a sweet delicious transfer.

I watch the press conferences most of the time and I genuinely cannot believe the weird, sideways, non-questions that football journalists ask at them. They are so obviously baiting Klopp to say something equivocal (or misconstruable, if you're less charitable) in his second language that they can turn into a line for their piece. At the last one, it was about the fifth question before someone asked about injuries and return dates.

Anyway - agree about Mo on the main show. I miss Neil's presence on the Pink but I guess Robbo's boots needed filling on the video side of reaction shows.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2022, 12:31:22 pm by lamonti »

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #27386 on: September 6, 2022, 02:43:43 pm »

For example, analyzing the match, and doing team/score predictions before Klopp updates on injuries is not so good. That info can render the warm up show chat a little redundant.  That “Part 3” of Team Talk was, alongside The Pink, my ‘never miss’ of the subscription audio pods. I also miss Mo’s ‘mood in camp’ section from “Part 1”. (I tend to skip the opposition view in Part 2 for reasons previously debated on here). The Pink has lost its mojo, and Robbo is missed, as is his Three Strikes show. All in all - setting the results aside - TAW seems to be in a bit of a funk this season for audio only subscribers, especially for those like me (maybe a minority) who subscribe for match coverage and care little for the AFQ, player interviews, history, alphabet stuff. Just my view, I’m sure it’s not everyone’s.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27387 on: September 6, 2022, 05:06:24 pm »
For example, analyzing the match, and doing team/score predictions before Klopp updates on injuries is not so good. That info can render the warm up show chat a little redundant.  That “Part 3” of Team Talk was, alongside The Pink, my ‘never miss’ of the subscription audio pods. I also miss Mo’s ‘mood in camp’ section from “Part 1”. (I tend to skip the opposition view in Part 2 for reasons previously debated on here). The Pink has lost its mojo, and Robbo is missed, as is his Three Strikes show. All in all - setting the results aside - TAW seems to be in a bit of a funk this season for audio only subscribers, especially for those like me (maybe a minority) who subscribe for match coverage and care little for the AFQ, player interviews, history, alphabet stuff. Just my view, I’m sure it’s not everyone’s.

I generally agree with some of what you're saying, but as someone who's been critical, I thought the Pink was actually pretty good post Everton - more edge and passion than others recently.

Also, I think it's difficult with certain voices that aren't available lately - not just Robbo who's left, but also someone like Ben Johnson, who's a brilliant contributor for both laughs and opinions and hasn't been involved lately.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27388 on: September 6, 2022, 10:36:00 pm »
On the review, Sean wrote a 3000 word piece yesterday because he had so much he wanted to say but they didn't have time to go through everything...

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2022/09/writing-liverpool-style-shift-eye-test-versus-stats/

Cheers Craig. Just read it and commented on it.

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #27389 on: September 8, 2022, 11:24:48 am »
I generally agree with some of what you're saying, but as someone who's been critical, I thought the Pink was actually pretty good post Everton - more edge and passion than others recently.

Also, I think it's difficult with certain voices that aren't available lately - not just Robbo who's left, but also someone like Ben Johnson, who's a brilliant contributor for both laughs and opinions and hasn't been involved lately.

... yes and a better Pink last night, fair play. And for a Robbo fix, he was on Off The Ball this morning. Skip to 52 mins or so.

https://youtu.be/aeMY7tOLBoQ

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #27390 on: September 8, 2022, 12:31:12 pm »
Looks like Robbo is their ‘go to’ now for LFC which is good.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27391 on: September 8, 2022, 03:40:28 pm »
"I think it's harder to respect winning by spending the most money"

Well yeah, Rory Smith - I'm glad you finally said it, but it hasn't stopped you creaming your pants over Man City for years, while drawing all kinds of nonsensical false-equivalence comparisons between how we've done things and how they have.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #27392 on: September 8, 2022, 03:41:29 pm »

Ben just been busy with work. Is on Post match pint this weekend.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27393 on: September 8, 2022, 03:47:33 pm »
"I think it's harder to respect winning by spending the most money"

Well yeah, Rory Smith - I'm glad you finally said it, but it hasn't stopped you creaming your pants over Man City for years, while drawing all kinds of nonsensical false-equivalence comparisons between how we've done things and how they have.

I generally really enjoyed Midnight caller, but the one he did on City was, given his intelligence, a pack of lies.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27394 on: September 8, 2022, 03:57:26 pm »
Ben just been busy with work. Is on Post match pint this weekend.

Cool thanks - had seen he was still writing the match ratings, so knew he was around, but glad he's still going to have some presence on the shows.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27395 on: September 8, 2022, 04:04:06 pm »
I generally really enjoyed Midnight caller, but the one he did on City was, given his intelligence, a pack of lies.

Everything he's said about them up to now, even on a Liverpool podcast has been very "good people on both sides", as though the way City do things and have 'achieved' their success is just a different, but equally commendable way to Liverpool's.

I mean, I suppose it's good that he now comes out and says something like he did on Unwrapped the other day, but it goes against his whole annoying tone up to this point. And even in making the point, he still managed to list off all of Liverpool's biggest buys in the transfer market, as if to say, "look - Liverpool spend money too".

Sorry, but the bullshit of somehow lumping what Liverpool do in with what City, or indeed United or Chelsea do just does my head in. False equivalence at its worst.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27396 on: September 9, 2022, 12:27:52 am »

... yes and a better Pink last night, fair play. And for a Robbo fix, he was on Off The Ball this morning. Skip to 52 mins or so.

https://youtu.be/aeMY7tOLBoQ

Robbo seems to have thing for big clocks....
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27397 on: September 12, 2022, 12:03:29 pm »
Main show chat was great. That fella Paddy I reckon is spot on about Elliott.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27398 on: September 12, 2022, 12:13:25 pm »
Main show chat was great. That fella Paddy I reckon is spot on about Elliott.

I've been dying for someone to say this because I've felt it for a while, and I'm baffled that it doesn't get mentioned. Even on the main show Neil says he thinks Klopp would play him regardless of injuries but there isn't much evidence of that is there?

Second half of last season he didn't get a sniff, didn't make the bench most weeks, and it was arguably our most effective and consistent run ever. I think he flatters to deceive which to be fair, is fine for a 19 year old.

I think Elliott and Milner have huge parts in the system falling to bits, the same way that it fell to bits when Henderson and Fabinho had to play Centre half a few years ago.

Liverpool need the water carrying midfield and Elliott doesn't bring that. We wanted Tchoameni for a reason, we want Bellingham for a reason. Our main midfielders last year were Thiago, Henderson, Fabinho, Keita and Jones. Untl 2nd half v Napoli only one of them has been fit. Until it becomes 4 again, and we replace Keita, we're a bit fucked.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27399 on: September 12, 2022, 02:09:23 pm »
I guess the Elliott shout from Neil is based on the fact that he was seemingly first choice at the start of last season. It's fair to say that the injury took its toll in the spring so he was kept away rom a lot of first team action. I think Elliott would be getting game time but injuries have led to him getting too many minutes, I would suggest.

However, I do see the point about Elliott. He's playing well in that he's not doing anything wrong particularly and he uses the ball intelligently and with great confidence. However, systemically there may be something just not working with him in the side when we play against strong and robust midfields.

That said, injuries are a killer and forcing Klopp's hand.