Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 340882 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea FC - Sponsored by “The Liquidator"
« Reply #28280 on: January 24, 2023, 08:08:38 pm »
Them giving those 7-8-9 years deal will screw them once most of those players end up being a flop and they will have to pay then off for the remainder of their contracts.
It feels like only a slightly less stupid idea than the Barcelona "levers".  By spreading so many big transfers over so many future years they're severely eating into their FFP wriggle room for the best part of the next decade.  If the crop of players signed now don't deliver then they're going to struggle to refresh things much.

I do follow the logic of signing a group of younger players and them developing together but it ignores that to win anything these days you've got to overcome sportswashing empires.  Spurs tried it and repeatedly fell at the last hurdle.  Chelsea fans don't seem the type to accept a five year plan.

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28281 on: January 24, 2023, 09:34:14 pm »
That's hilarious UEFA are immediately changing the rules after 5 minutes of Todd Boehly

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #28282 on: January 25, 2023, 10:25:08 am »
I assume the contracts that have been signed will have to be honoured? Unless the players want to renegotiate?

My memory is not the best, but I think many years ago Jim McLean put Duncan Ferguson on a 10 year contract to (futilely) keep him out of the clutches of Rangers. That ended badly.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28283 on: January 25, 2023, 10:30:01 am »
I assume the contracts that have been signed will have to be honoured? Unless the players want to renegotiate?

My memory is not the best, but I think many years ago Jim McLean put Duncan Ferguson on a 10 year contract to (futilely) keep him out of the clutches of Rangers. That ended badly.

Ended up on loan to Barlinnie didn’t he?

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #28284 on: January 25, 2023, 12:30:49 pm »
Ended up on loan to Barlinnie didn’t he?

Yep, head-butted John McStay. Surprisingly went to court. That was the beginning of the end for the establishment club.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #28285 on: January 25, 2023, 12:38:25 pm »
Maybe the intention is that they hope some of their players will be a success, and bought by oil clubs for fees that compensate for the flops?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28286 on: January 25, 2023, 07:53:48 pm »
LFC Reddit has a Bascombe article saying Chelsea will be rivalling us for Nunes in the Summer.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28287 on: January 25, 2023, 08:09:32 pm »
LFC Reddit has a Bascombe article saying Chelsea will be rivalling us everyone for Nunes anyone they want to sign in the Summer.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28288 on: January 25, 2023, 08:11:11 pm »

The contracts will still be valid, but they only get to spread the value of the transfer across at most 5 seasons.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28289 on: January 26, 2023, 08:04:33 am »
Ignoring the fat c*nt and self-appointed owner/sporting director/manager-in-chief, why are his hedge fund backers Clearwater signing off on this level of irresponsible spending? There's no significant benefit seen on the pitch, no short/medium-term ROI, no infrastructure benefit (development of SB has taken a back seat), and certainly no end game (like the ESL) that makes any sort of sense here, so why?

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28290 on: January 26, 2023, 10:32:10 am »
Ignoring the fat c*nt and self-appointed owner/sporting director/manager-in-chief, why are his hedge fund backers Clearwater signing off on this level of irresponsible spending? There's no significant benefit seen on the pitch, no short/medium-term ROI, no infrastructure benefit (development of SB has taken a back seat), and certainly no end game (like the ESL) that makes any sort of sense here, so why?
"You've gotta speculate to accumulate, buddy"

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28291 on: January 26, 2023, 10:36:18 am »

Im sure I read that they have Saudi backers to in the group ?

I mean the money being spent is so wild that no strict business person would authorise this so "where is the money coming from?"

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28292 on: January 26, 2023, 10:52:07 am »
Im sure I read that they have Saudi backers to in the group ?

I mean the money being spent is so wild that no strict business person would authorise this so "where is the money coming from?"

I was thinking there must be a gulf state in there somewhere.

No way would any other owner be throwing money like that around.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28293 on: January 26, 2023, 11:14:43 am »
I was thinking there must be a gulf state in there somewhere.

No way would any other owner be throwing money like that around.

Both Saudi linked with Gordon and Newcastle want Ziyech nothing to see though 😁

Online Sonofthewind

• Main Stander
  • Cheers like
« Reply #28294 on: January 30, 2023, 09:52:41 pm »
Can anyone give me a logical explanation of how this will all go tits up for them? These amounts of fees and contract years go against almost anything we’ve ever seen before.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28295 on: January 30, 2023, 09:56:44 pm »
115 m on Fernandez  8)

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #28296 on: January 30, 2023, 09:59:27 pm »
They are signing good players though. I don’t see any of them flopping. Read Fofana,that Lyon right back especially got great potential. He’s a bit unorthodox but that Boehley guy is a winner and a real sports GM, our lot are glorified accountants/auditors. Our guy doesn’t even come to game or even interact with the fanbase and he’s been here 10+ years. Unless we are doing a parade he doesn’t even show his face. Don’t be jealous of Chelsea’s owner he does what an owner is supposed to do. Take risks and shows ambition.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28297 on: January 30, 2023, 10:01:33 pm »
They are signing good players though. I don’t see any of them flopping. Read Fofana,that Lyon right back especially got great potential. He’s a bit unorthodox but that Boehley guy is a winner and a real sports GM, our lot are glorified accountants/auditors. Our guy doesn’t even come to game or even interact with the fanbase and he’s been here 10+ years. Unless we are doing a parade he doesn’t even show his face. Don’t be jealous of Chelsea’s owner he does what an owner is supposed to do. Take risks and shows ambition.

;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28298 on: January 30, 2023, 10:02:02 pm »

You're a fuckin' clown.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #28299 on: January 30, 2023, 10:05:15 pm »

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28300 on: January 30, 2023, 10:05:40 pm »
What the fuck is going on here? How is any of this happening it's fucking mental. They make city look frugal.

And how have these c*nts gone from ambramovich to this? Absolutely insane, all of it.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28301 on: January 30, 2023, 10:09:35 pm »

A big club (especially a circus outfit like Chelsea) is doing alright if 60% of their transfers work out well. Of course there are going to be at least some flops/perma-crocks.

No one expected Werner or Lukaku to flop. They both did and cost Chelsea Football Circus a fortune. Look at the state of Bakayoko too - an absolute nuclear bomb that's still costing them money. They're going to have flops.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28302 on: January 30, 2023, 10:10:46 pm »
You're a fuckin' clown.

Actually never mind the diplomatic way I said it, this is more to the point.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #28303 on: January 30, 2023, 10:17:17 pm »

If the UK press weren't so addicted to transfer news, you'd think this would be something a major paper would want to investigate

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28304 on: January 30, 2023, 10:23:54 pm »

Yeah our lot haven't won anything.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #28305 on: January 30, 2023, 10:38:04 pm »
Yeah our lot haven't won anything.
Yeah we have won trophies. Never said we didn’t. Wouldn’t bank on us winning the big two again for a while unless this current roster are gutted and replaced by young players who have enthusiasm and hunger. Something that’s lacking with the current first 11.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28306 on: January 30, 2023, 10:42:49 pm »
Very American from KloppCorn talking about rosters and GMs.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #28307 on: January 30, 2023, 11:02:07 pm »
Very American from KloppCorn talking about rosters and GMs.

far too many American sports phrases becoming accaptable, roster is defo a big no no!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28308 on: January 30, 2023, 11:02:11 pm »
Could add Fernandez and Caicedo before tomorrow is done.  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28309 on: January 30, 2023, 11:15:52 pm »
Could add Fernandez and Caicedo before tomorrow is done.  ;D

Mudryk is 100m right? I feel like whoever put this together is down playing the costs a bit.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28310 on: January 30, 2023, 11:26:19 pm »
It's gone past a joke at this point. WTF does he think he is doing? Madness.

If I was a Chelsea fan, I'd be more concerned than excited. I just can't see how this is sustainable. Is it even risky? Or just plain stupid.

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #28311 on: January 30, 2023, 11:46:23 pm »
These must have a bloated squad by now, is there even an empty space in the dressing room to squeeze more players in?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28312 on: January 31, 2023, 12:05:57 am »
I think that Boehly was actually shocked when he first learned that in football you don't need to draft players, trade for them or sign them as free agents. He is obviously enjoying this experience of actually being able to buy players for money, as many as you want ...

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28313 on: January 31, 2023, 12:41:06 am »
I’m just amazed they have any squad registration spots left at this point.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28314 on: January 31, 2023, 01:10:06 am »
I’m just amazed they have any squad registration spots left at this point.

Maybe they can unregister a player? Although I've been told that's a crazy concept.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28315 on: January 31, 2023, 09:08:44 am »
far too many American sports phrases becoming accaptable, roster is defo a big no no!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28316 on: January 31, 2023, 09:47:05 am »
Mudryk is 100m right? I feel like whoever put this together is down playing the costs a bit.
I think it was only 100m if all the add-on clauses were met.

Those are just the transfer fees though so you can realistically add on about 10% for most due to other fees that go along with pretty much every major transfer these days.  They're also going to be carrying an eye-watering wage bill that, in most cases, they're committed to for 5+ years.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #28317 on: January 31, 2023, 09:48:57 am »
I think it was only 100m if all the add-on clauses were met.

Those are just the transfer fees though so you can realistically add on about 10% for most due to other fees that go along with pretty much every major transfer these days.  They're also going to be carrying an eye-watering wage bill that, in most cases, they're committed to for 5+ years.

Say nothing of how all these new players will affect those already there. You can completely destroy any spirit at a club by overstocking just as easily as understocking one.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28318 on: January 31, 2023, 09:50:22 am »

Absolutely.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #28319 on: January 31, 2023, 09:57:06 am »
As long as a player sticks on his cleats and does he business on the pitch, that's all that matters.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75