Author Topic: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 108674 times)

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #560 on: December 5, 2011, 10:47:26 pm »
Spitting blood. If there's a jammier, more undeserved 3 points had all season... Fulham were cowardly, barely came out. Totally galling. A real blow. Can Spearing decision and subsequent suspension be reversed?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: December 5, 2011, 10:47:36 pm »
Positive? Jordan Henderson was fucking class out there tonight

Adam was our best player for me. Very encouraging signs from the deep fried Mars bar eatin Scotsman.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #562 on: December 5, 2011, 10:47:47 pm »
Postive? Jordan Henderson was fucking class out there tonight

He looks much better at the moment. I actually thought we played some good one touch stuff especially at the start, it's the final ball that needs to be worked on, and a bit of composure in front of goal. Had we got an early goal, we'd of got 3 points. Onwards and upwards.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #563 on: December 5, 2011, 10:48:18 pm »
The more things change, the more they stay the same ... shakes head
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #564 on: December 5, 2011, 10:48:18 pm »
In the Uruguay team, Suarez shares the front line with Forlan and Cavani, striker with good conversion ratio. The pressure seems to be off. At Liverpool, he has had to deal with Ngog and now Carroll, two misfiring strikers. We should probably bid for David Villa, although I personally think  he is over the hill.

What we really need is a striker like Ian Rush or Robbie Fowler.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #565 on: December 5, 2011, 10:48:29 pm »
I am ripping my hair out with all the keeping efforts against us. That save against Downing......Another one out of the top draw.

I know - it's so frustrating atm.

Ruddy has the game if his life at Anfield yet ships 5 at City (and they weren't all great, world class goals)

Just have to keep hoping that we are going to hit a rich vein very soon where we can't stop scoring.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: December 5, 2011, 10:48:53 pm »
Neil I nearly always find myself agreeing with you, but having looked at it again, I think Suarez may have been fractionally off side

That camera angle is deceiving. Look at the line of the grass shadings and look at Suarez's position in relation to Sanderos

It looked to me like he was just onside mate, Hangeland just played him on, Ray Wilkins said as much and benefit of doubt should go to Suarez with the two of them seemingly about level.

But to be fair that was the lesser of the terrible game-ruining mistakes made by the officials tonight.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #567 on: December 5, 2011, 10:49:04 pm »
Positives - hendo..enrique..carroll....spearing.....all did relatively well imo...and we were knockin it around nicely till that stupid fuckin decision to send jay off destroyed the gameplan and the game

Just have to put it down to one of them cunting games and move on.......but by fuck do i despise monday night matches

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Dentron

• Eastenders Sci-Fi Spinoff
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #568 on: December 5, 2011, 10:49:19 pm »
How can people look at that game and think Charlie Adam played well? I don't even care that he's careless with possession because I know he's capable of eventually picking out a pass that will unlock the defense, but he is an absolute liability defensively. How many times this season have opposing midfielders walked into the box around Charlie Adam? Look at the Chelsea goal. Dembele absolutely abused Adam today. Dembele is a decent player, but Adam made him look like David Silva.

In a 3 man midfield his woeful defending might pass, but in a 4-4-2 (ESPECIALLY with Lucas gone) it's a liability.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #569 on: December 5, 2011, 10:49:22 pm »
Neil I nearly always find myself agreeing with you, but having looked at it again, I think Suarez may have been fractionally off side

That camera angle is deceiving. Look at the line of the grass shadings and look at Suarez's position in relation to Sanderos

I think he looks fractionally offside but we have time to look at the stills whereas the linesman didn't. We shouldn't be relying on a close call to save us against a team that we should be beating.
#JFT97

Offline skene11

• Kemlynite
« Reply #570 on: December 5, 2011, 10:49:25 pm »
probably scored more than our strikers combined though, in the PL..

Perhaps, but that doesn't make him clinical.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #571 on: December 5, 2011, 10:49:26 pm »
Oh well, he's gone on to bigger and better thi- ... Not really the point here is it?

You're giving up on 4th place in December, whilst 5 points off it. Word that into a show of bollocks.
Nah you're right, cheap shot from me, was just about to remove it, though the world has gone a little mad when you're almost a beacon of optimism. ;)

I'm not totally giving up on 4th, but I'd be very, very pleasantly surprised if we made it. As I said, we haven't got a reliable goal scorer, we've lost our best midfielder (IMO our best player), and they're positions where most or all of our rivals have at least one top quality option, who all have better gelled squads with more established playing styles and at least as much experience of being there at the sharp end as we have at the moment.

There's no reason to believe we're suddenly going to become clinical against the shitter teams, and it's quite possible we'll stop actually playing as well as we have. We put ourselves back into contention with massive results in recent games and then shot ourselves right in the foot again with the result today, as we've been doing all season, and as we did at the end of last season when the pressure was on.

For us to have a real chance, and for it to be in our hands, then I think we need to buy extremely well in January.

But I'm more than happy to choke on these words come the end of the season. More than happy.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #572 on: December 5, 2011, 10:49:38 pm »
You could see this result coming a mile off, been like that for years.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #573 on: December 5, 2011, 10:49:39 pm »
SUAREZ WAS CLEARLY OFFSIDE  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: December 5, 2011, 10:49:56 pm »
Adam and Henderson particularly played well tonight, that's a good sign at least.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: December 5, 2011, 10:50:13 pm »

Thing is Billy, if we struggle with it with pics and all afterwards I think we should be willing to allow the linesman off with it.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #576 on: December 5, 2011, 10:50:14 pm »
But compared to last season its DisneyLand

Maybe we should remember that at least

I thought the referee was shocking tonight and whilst I'm glad we're light years ahead of last year, we can't keep resorting to that point. We do need to improve in that final 3rd.

I'm confident we can. Henderson and Adam have improved immensely of late. Just need to be more clinical up front.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #577 on: December 5, 2011, 10:50:30 pm »
:lmao

Far from clinical.

I honestly dont know how you can laugh at that.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Smug Cassandra

• outh strikes again :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Siempre Liverpool Siempre River Plate
« Reply #578 on: December 5, 2011, 10:50:47 pm »
Its time for us all to wake up. After 14 games we are 7th.

I personally dont see that the table is lying.............it NEVER does, there are 6 teams better than us in the league. Its that simple!!!

All of the money that have been spent and its actually not that much Net Spend wise has produced no movement in the league position. So my view is that the signings havent worked and Comoli hasnt actually done a good job thus far.
! LIVERPOOL - EN LAS MALAS - MUCHO MAS !

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #579 on: December 5, 2011, 10:51:19 pm »
Stop it, just fucking stop it.
I've been laughing at some of the comments I've read since the match ended but this is the winner.

So simple.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: December 5, 2011, 10:51:31 pm »
He was fucking level. Level = Benefit of doubt = Onside

Look at that angle, if it was actually head on instead of looking at it from the left to the right, say his toe is onside or whatever but you know if it was against us we'd be saying it was off, and everyone in the world would agree with you.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #581 on: December 5, 2011, 10:51:59 pm »
It's a fair point though. 8 in 27 isn't a great return for a 20+ million 'star' striker.

I fucking love him, mind, but I think that rate would go up a lot if there weren't so much pressure on him. Not sure it helps that he's played so much either - it worries me that we've flogged him through another very hard-working 90-minutes against a team given free-reign to foul the absolute shit out of him.
well you have a point if you're looking strictly at the numbers but the impact he has on the overall game compensates for the lack of goals. He creates so much that it's nreal. Pure quality.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: December 5, 2011, 10:52:41 pm »
Look at that angle, if it was actually head on instead of looking at it from the left to the right, say his toe is onside or whatever but you know if it was against us we'd be saying it was off, and everyone in the world would agree with you.

It's clearly level. It's not even a debate.

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #583 on: December 5, 2011, 10:52:43 pm »
To cut a very long story short, the referee was abysmally biased and we have once again been unable to contest our chances.

Offline AULD-OLDIE

• Anny Roader
  • Quiza-un-dia
« Reply #584 on: December 5, 2011, 10:53:09 pm »
To my mind if we play a "pass & move" game, the front 5 need to be fluent and interchangeable also pace in 2 or 3 of the 5 is imperative. ( Classing good old Lucas as brilliant in front of back 4). The fluidity is taken away when Carroll plays. He is better if a team plays with 2 pacy wingers feeding him decent crosses.  Therefore Kenny has a decision to make, when and if, we play that way.  Still in with a chance of top 4 with the attitude the team shows.
Truth - 12.09.2012.
Now for JUSTICE !

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: December 5, 2011, 10:53:12 pm »
Furious. Just furious.

Sometimes it is the easy way out to blame the ref, but today it was fully justified.  Two decisions, massive decisions, game-changing decisions went against us.

We played well, hit the post twice and scored a goal.

Mistake by Reina, but Johnson's defending is just woeful.  Absolutely dreadful defending.

Frustrated is an understatement.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #586 on: December 5, 2011, 10:53:14 pm »
Isn't the rule that it's only offiside if a part of the body a player can score with is beyond the last man? I can see what you're getting at, but it looks more like Suarez's arm, if anything, that's off.

I just looked at the pic on the previous page again. You may well be right. Either way it certainly was tight.

To be honest though, having that goal (be it on, off, or otherwise) disallowed isn't what's really irking me right now

It's the other chances that we squandered yet again. In a game that we controlled yet again. We have come away with less than we should have yet again. Which is a bit worrying when you consider we have scored just 17 goals this season.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline neilers

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #587 on: December 5, 2011, 10:53:14 pm »
and our bogey month of December is here, has all the hallmarks of dropped points till the new year.

Offline skene11

• Kemlynite
« Reply #588 on: December 5, 2011, 10:53:23 pm »

Because he isn't clinical.  If you have watched any of his games for Spurs this season you would know that.  Not the player we need IMO.

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #589 on: December 5, 2011, 10:53:24 pm »
What we really need is a striker like Ian Rush or Robbie Fowler.

Let's order some flux capacitors and make ourselves a time machine!

What we need is a run of games against Man United, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, Arsenal every weekend... and we will win them all. But if I was a betting man, I would bet against us getting more than 8 points in the next 5 fixtures against QPR, Villa, Newcastle, Blackburn & Wigan.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: December 5, 2011, 10:53:31 pm »
Adam and Henderson particularly played well tonight, that's a good sign at least.
I thought Adam was poor, his positional play and the way he just allowed Dembele and others to keep running past him was a worry.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #591 on: December 5, 2011, 10:53:39 pm »
Thought we played pretty well. Usual woodmwork, harsh decisions on the goal and ref card. One fuck up and punished. And this game just epitomised how out trio of north easterners seem jinxed. Result is a head scratcher, just have to take it on the chin and move on.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #592 on: December 5, 2011, 10:53:51 pm »

I think the general rule is that you have to dismiss the achievements of other strikers, ones who don't play for us, and simply plough ahead with defending everything we do, then laugh at anyone who suggests a player who doesn't play for us is a decent goalscorer compared to someone who cost £35m more and doesn't actually score.

Something like that anyway, I'm still learning.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #593 on: December 5, 2011, 10:53:53 pm »
Its time for us all to wake up. After 14 games we are 7th.

I personally dont see that the table is lying.............it NEVER does, there are 6 teams better than us in the league. Its that simple!!!

All of the money that have been spent and its actually not that much Net Spend wise has produced no movement in the league position. So my view is that the signings havent worked and Comoli hasnt actually done a good job thus far.
I kinda feel these are Kenny´s signings just as much if not more so than Comolli..
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #594 on: December 5, 2011, 10:53:59 pm »
:lmao

Far from clinical.

He has 7 goals and 6 Assists in 11 games. Fairly clinical I would say.
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Caeciro

• Main Stander
« Reply #595 on: December 5, 2011, 10:54:18 pm »
Thought Spearing was, well, below average. Sending off was a joke, but what can you do.
Henderson's almost-goal was genius, he was very good today.
Also, for what it's worth, I thought Downing came on and played the best I've seen him play, almost as if he was pissed off that he wasn't in the starting XI- he had something to prove.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: December 5, 2011, 10:54:23 pm »
By the way, let's not discount Downing's contribution either. He looked very lively and once a-freaking-gain missed a tremendous, important goal by mere inches. Everyone is wailing on about how Maxi should have started, and maybe that's true...but Downing is a more dangerous player IMO. Maxi is a brilliant finisher and he wins hands-down on his final ball, but he no longer has the pace and movement to match what Downing can do.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #597 on: December 5, 2011, 10:54:50 pm »
I've been laughing at some of the comments I've read since the match ended but this is the winner.

So simple.

It wasn't meant to be funny. I'm just fucking sick of the same old shite being bandied about on night's like this.
 Should win our next 5 games....work in progress....someone's going to get twatted soon....blah blah blah....

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #598 on: December 5, 2011, 10:54:51 pm »
There's no reason to believe we're suddenly going to become clinical against the shitter teams,

Is there not? I would've had said the goal records of players like Kuyt, Suarez and arguably Carroll would suggest quite strongly that they're likely to hit some sort of purple patch at some point in the season. Kuyt in particular is terrible for going long batches without scoring then scoring lots in bursts. At the back end of last season he was World Beater Dirk, now he's Barn Door Banjo Dirk. Then there's Gerrard, who even if he only manages as many games as last year, is still worth half a dozen goals.

That's by no means a certainty, obviously, but previous seasons suggest that these players will score in bursts. Dirk in particular is notorious for exactly this sort of streaky play.

For what it's worth, I don't think we should be relying on that, just that it is what will happen. I'd love goalscorer who didn't lose form at all over the season.. But then that's what I think Suarez, for all his profligacy, will become.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: December 5, 2011, 10:56:07 pm »
Very disappointed. We didn't deserve to lose. The real problem is the lack of goals. We have a good defence now but can't score goals. Carroll was peripheral and I'm not sure why Maxi didn't start. What does he need to do to play???