Author Topic: Keep it Cheap Football Draft  (Read 7068 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Keep it Cheap Football Draft
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2021, 09:19:55 pm »
Superb pick Hazell. Was on my list for sure.

Wanker

:D

Can't believe he cost so little, to my mind he went for a couple of million. Delighted I actually managed to sneak a proper class striker, there's probably not a lot left.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2021, 09:21:55 pm »
Gutted all the left backs are going but had to go with another midfielder because to my mind, there's only 1 more proper one left.

I thought long and hard about putting Effenberg in midfield with Keane, but decided they'd more likely kill each other than play in unison  :D  Great player. Thought he might go a round sooner.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2021, 09:33:19 pm »
Ashley Cole’s value was that cash amount plus William Gallas.

At the time, Gallas was a full French international at his peak. I think this amounts to being more than a £10m transfer, though happy to withdraw objections if others disagree.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2021, 09:35:28 pm »
Gutted all the left backs are going but had to go with another midfielder because to my mind, there's only 1 more proper one left.

Edit: Two left.

There are a lot of great attacking mids and defensive mids left but not many central midfielders.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2021, 09:44:02 pm »

At the time, Gallas was a full French international at his peak. I think this amounts to being more than a £10m transfer, though happy to withdraw objections if others disagree.

It’s an interesting one but I’d say he survives on a technicaliteh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2021, 09:49:59 pm »
There are a lot of great attacking mids and defensive mids left but not many central midfielders.

Bar one or two, all the best defensive/attacking/central midfielders have gone from what I had so I'm interested to see who remains. Defenders on the other hand, there's still quite few left so I expect them to completed exhausted by the time it comes back round to me :P

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2021, 09:50:36 pm »
I thought long and hard about putting Effenberg in midfield with Keane, but decided they'd more likely kill each other than play in unison  :D  Great player. Thought he might go a round sooner.

ha that would be something :)

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2021, 09:52:07 pm »

But you gotta consider Gallas was threatening to score own goals for Chelsea if he wasn't allowed to leave. So I think his true value was very low.

It was a deal of convenience for both teams, swapping two unhappy players.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2021, 02:03:43 am »
I am sending my next two picks to Elzar. So message him if I am not around.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2021, 03:46:29 am »
Pete has my next pick  :wave  so PM him unless I'm online.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2021, 07:39:08 am »
I’ll pick in the next ten mins.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2021, 09:13:58 am »
Posted BB/Trends pick.  Will post mine up in next half hour.

I see good old Robert Prosinecki has gone.  Still got my Prosinecki replica shirt from LFC's UEFA cup visit to NK Olimpija Ljubljana in early 2000's.  He had left for Zagreb by then so the club were flogging left over stock in the ground at HT :)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2021, 09:22:16 am »
Posted BB/Trends pick.  Will post mine up in next half hour.

I see good old Robert Prosinecki has gone.  Still got my Prosinecki replica shirt from LFC's UEFA cup visit to NK Olimpija Ljubljana in early 2000's.  He had left for Zagreb by then so the club were flogging left over stock in the ground at HT :)
He almost didn't make it - only 114 appearances post 2000 (the bulk of them in a single season for Portsmouth) and a £7.2m transfer fee back in 1991! Glad to get a quality forward thinking midfielder though - I'd been racking my brain all day about a quality player capable in the 10 role.

Kimmich is a multi-faceted pick - world class as a right back or a holding midfielder, so he was a bit of an insurance policy in case either of those positions get scarce towards the end.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2021, 09:25:13 am »
I picked Proisnecki in a draft once. Decided to watch a you tube compilation to see if he was left footed and after a 4 minute clip I couldn’t tell as I don’t think he passed the ball once. The entire clip was him beating a man, waiting, beating him again, and then possibly a third time. On about ten different occasions. :D

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2021, 09:28:23 am »
Kimmich is a multi-faceted pick - world class as a right back or a holding midfielder, so he was a bit of an insurance policy in case either of those positions get scarce towards the end.

Kimmich is a world class RB and getting a modern day player in this kind of draft as good as him (and Lewandowksi) is really nice.

In fact, other than Prosinečki, your team are all current players!! Good work.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2021, 09:33:54 am »
Kimmich is a world class RB and getting a modern day player in this kind of draft as good as him (and Lewandowksi) is really nice.

In fact, other than Prosinečki, your team are all current players!! Good work.
Looking at the list of possibles I've got, all the defenders pretty much (except the lad you've just picked) are still playing. The further forward you get, the more and more are retired, as it's so hard to find attacking talent from the last 20 years with a fee less than £10m. That's why I went Lewandowski first, I felt he was the outstanding striker available and I needed someone who could lead the line on his own, as my formation is only going to have one out and out centre forward.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2021, 09:46:31 am »
Morning.  How many picks behind am I?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2021, 09:51:45 am »
My brain isn't allowing me to follow whether you're one or two behind. It's early. I think two as most people have 4 or 5 players now.

Godin a cracking pick - one of the few defenders to still have that South American no-nonsense absolute bastard-to play against streak in them. Too few in that mould these days.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2021, 09:55:30 am »

You need to make 3 picks Tubbs

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2021, 10:03:10 am »
Done and PM'd Hazell.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2021, 10:12:04 am »
David Alaba - are we allowing transfers of youth players? He wasn't a pro when Bayern signed him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2021, 10:13:17 am »
Yeah I did wonder on Alaba but I guess he left a club to join another club for a fee, so should probably still qualify
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2021, 10:13:21 am »
David Alaba - are we allowing transfers of youth players? He wasn't a pro when Bayern signed him.

You shut your whore mouth.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2021, 10:15:06 am »
You shut your whore mouth.
It gets around and I just can't keep it shut  :-X

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2021, 10:19:08 am »
I have Max's pick, gimmie a sec to let me sort out whats what
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2021, 10:25:04 am »
Interestingly just found out that most footballers have profiles on IMDB
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2021, 10:25:53 am »
Interestingly just found out that most footballers have profiles on IMDB
Someone wanting to select Franck LeBoeuf?

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2021, 10:26:51 am »

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2021, 10:28:12 am »
Someone wanting to select Franck LeBoeuf?
:D

I was looking for a photo for Gilberto.

Roy Keane has been in a TV show!  :wave ???

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2021, 10:31:18 am »
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3705606/?ref_=fn_al_nm_2

The bloody cheek of it. "Actor".
I would very much enjoy it if it just came out that he was preparing for a future role in a footballer's biopic and went too deep as a method actor.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2021, 10:36:48 am »
Bugger... had Kompany ready to play alongside Sami.  Just immediately found another CB though. Fingers crossed he stays unpicked.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2021, 10:45:13 am »
Bugger... had Kompany ready to play alongside Sami.  Just immediately found another CB though. Fingers crossed he stays unpicked.
Loads of good CBs left, I wouldn't worry. Strikers and centre mids are the issue.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2021, 11:03:06 am »
Does Aldair have the 100 appearances from 2000?

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2021, 11:04:24 am »
From what I've seen, he does.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2021, 11:04:47 am »
From what I've seen, he does.

Works for me.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2021, 11:14:55 am »
Does Aldair have the 100 appearances from 2000?

Scrapes in with 101 from what I can see  :o

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2021, 11:22:49 am »
Tubby's pick and picture a quiet protest against doping in top level sports.

Good pick, hadn't thought of Goretzka, an excellent current midfielder.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2021, 11:25:40 am »
Tubby's pick and picture a quiet protest against doping in top level sports.

Good pick, hadn't thought of Goretzka, an excellent current midfielder.

Ta, I dunno how everyone else is doing this, if there's a clever transfer fee search method, but I'm just thinking of players and then seeing how much they've transferred for.  It's just punts every time.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2021, 12:06:31 pm »
Could spark a full back rush there, not many good'uns left

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2021, 12:40:27 pm »
I'll give it til 13:00 then pick if Betty hasn't sprung into action.