Author Topic: Keep it Cheap Football Draft  (Read 7041 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Keep it Cheap Football Draft
« on: May 6, 2021, 04:07:45 pm »

Current rules:

- Every player picked must have been transferred at some point in their career for a fee - No one club men + no free transfers.

- None of these transfers can have can have been for more than £9,999,999

Rules up for discussion

- All players picked must have made at least 100 appearances in any format (cup, league, international) after 01/01/2000

- A wildcard player post 1990 that was transferred for less than £5million

The point of this draft is to give people plenty of freedom, but also to take away the top player pool. I want to see players being picked that wouldn't normally be picked. I want to see people surprised that someone has never had an expensive transfer fee. Any rule adjustments we can agree on to help this is welcome if everyone can agree. Once we have a full sign up I will post the final rules before we start.

Players Signed up

MaxPowers
Defacto
Trend (I think)
Sangria
Tubby
Lobo
Hazell
BuckPete

« Last Edit: May 7, 2021, 11:54:38 pm by Elzar »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Keep it Cheap Football Draft
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2021, 04:13:01 pm »
Sign me up

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2021, 04:13:27 pm »
In

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #3 on: May 6, 2021, 04:24:25 pm »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4 on: May 6, 2021, 04:52:43 pm »
Go on then.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: May 6, 2021, 05:45:27 pm »
In, but only if we're voting on overall/peak career as opposed to them at clubs at the time of the transfers.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6 on: May 6, 2021, 06:25:34 pm »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 6, 2021, 06:39:32 pm »
In please.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: May 6, 2021, 08:18:36 pm »
How much effort will be required? To give you a level of what I’m talking about, I haven’t read the opening post.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9 on: May 6, 2021, 10:08:04 pm »
In, but only if we're voting on overall/peak career as opposed to them at clubs at the time of the transfers.

Yep overall career as players are picked based on transfer fees throughout their career
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 7, 2021, 09:01:37 am »
Lots of undisclosed fees and differing fees depending on sources - are we going to have one source that settles any issues/confusion?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 7, 2021, 09:51:24 am »
transfermarkt is a good one I’d say
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #12 on: May 7, 2021, 09:56:11 am »
Lots of undisclosed fees and differing fees depending on sources - are we going to have one source that settles any issues/confusion?

This

If you have a disputed one, PM me and I will make a final call as I won't be taking part myself.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 7, 2021, 10:12:32 am »
Also, can we lose the wildcard option? Post 2000 sounds much better, we’ll just get the usual suspects going first round with a wildcard

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #14 on: May 7, 2021, 10:18:22 am »
Also, can we lose the wildcard option? Post 2000 sounds much better, we’ll just get the usual suspects going first round with a wildcard

I agree, but thought I should let the players decide.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 7, 2021, 10:21:07 am »
Would've said so myself too, but I've found a few errors they've made. I won't say the players name as he's a decent pick, but I know for certain he transferred for £9m in about 2006, and he's listed as having moved for €16m. This was perhaps the exchange rate at the time?

Elzar's independent arbitration might be the best way to go.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16 on: May 7, 2021, 01:58:45 pm »
Would've said so myself too, but I've found a few errors they've made. I won't say the players name as he's a decent pick, but I know for certain he transferred for £9m in about 2006, and he's listed as having moved for €16m. This was perhaps the exchange rate at the time?

Elzar's independent arbitration might be the best way to go.

The EIA will be as fair as possible  ;)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 7, 2021, 02:28:46 pm »
Like the sound of this. Can I play please?

Just to clarify.  If a player went from league 2 to championship for a £500,000 fee then was signed by a Premier league club 5 years later for 12 million. He would therefore not be eligible?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2021, 02:35:31 pm »
Like the sound of this. Can I play please?

Just to clarify.  If a player went from league 2 to championship for a £500,000 fee then was signed by a Premier league club 5 years later for 12 million. He would therefore not be eligible?
Yes, he can't ever have transferred in his career for an amount above £9,999,999. So it's not specific moves in isolation, but any transfer they've made in their career.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 7, 2021, 02:45:50 pm »
I thought he would be eligible? Is it not just a transfer at some point for less than £10 million?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 7, 2021, 02:56:37 pm »
I thought he would be eligible? Is it not just a transfer at some point for less than £10 million?

Where does it say that in rulebook?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2021, 03:24:31 pm »
Surely that would make it way too big a pool of top tier players?

I may have misunderstood but I've been looking at players who've never had a fee of that size but have at some stage transferred for a fee.

For example, Ronaldo Nazario cost PSV less than £5m, but he shouldn't be eligible because he then transferred for World Records twice after that, all the fees being above £10m.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 7, 2021, 03:48:51 pm »
What DS is saying is correct. They can't exceed that limit at any point in their career

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #23 on: May 7, 2021, 04:15:52 pm »

Nope

They must never have been transferred for £10mill+, in their WHOLE career.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 7, 2021, 04:22:09 pm »
My draft would've been so much less hassle and simpler.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #25 on: May 7, 2021, 04:26:26 pm »
Nope

They must never have been transferred for £10mill+, in their WHOLE career.

Does the transfer have to have taken place in the 2000s and beyond? That bit I'm unclear on.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #26 on: May 7, 2021, 04:26:48 pm »

You didn't actually start it though  ;)

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #27 on: May 7, 2021, 04:27:44 pm »
Does the transfer have to have taken place in the 2000s and beyond? That bit I'm unclear on.

Any player that has played post 2000 (100apps) can be picked. If they played before 2000 as well any transfers in 90's will need to fit into all rules.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 7, 2021, 04:56:35 pm »
Fuck there goes my shortlist :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #29 on: May 7, 2021, 05:11:18 pm »

Here lies Samie - he was so much simpler.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30 on: May 7, 2021, 11:54:14 pm »
Need more for a start fellas

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #31 on: May 8, 2021, 01:31:32 am »
Need more for a start fellas

We have done a few drafts with 8 too

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 8, 2021, 02:10:22 pm »
Yeah 8’s alright

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #33 on: May 8, 2021, 11:19:02 pm »
We have done a few drafts with 8 too

Ok, will give it till tomorrow day and then get it going then.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #34 on: May 9, 2021, 05:01:52 am »
I'd play this one since it's basically the hipster draft mk II, but also reckon 8 is the perfect number. So happy to offer my back room assistance instead  :wave
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #35 on: May 9, 2021, 01:32:03 pm »
I'd play this one since it's basically the hipster draft mk II, but also reckon 8 is the perfect number. So happy to offer my back room assistance instead  :wave

Betty take my spot - I’ll not have time for this one lads
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 9, 2021, 03:23:43 pm »
I PM’d Trend, then saw his post so have handed over to Betty.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 9, 2021, 03:38:20 pm »
Think I’m glad to be at the other end!

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 9, 2021, 03:47:02 pm »
Dumb question but presumably the £10m transfer needs to have take place 2000. So the transfer in 90's needs to be a maximum of £5m but the player must have made at least 100 appearances in the 2000's?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #39 on: May 9, 2021, 04:06:03 pm »
Is Lewandowski eligible, he moved on a free to Bayern, didn't he?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.