Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 876631 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #5040 on: May 25, 2019, 02:20:07 pm »
o be fair that last bit can be said about a lot of the legends (Gerrard, totti, Del piero being three obvious ones)

Gerrard? Not a bit of it.  Carrying your club is not staying in your comfort zone. Staying at a club where trophies are guaranteed and your club can spunk €140m on Coutinho is staying in your comfort zone.  They're on the verge of a domestic double and maybe a fifth straight Copa Del Rey.  Being the best player in the world doesn't automatically make the rest of your team shit.

Even Ronaldo seems keen to try his hand at new challenges. Gerrard had all the challenge he needed just trying to hold his club together.

If Messi's happy where he is the thats fine, but don't say he's carried a club that's had us of Mascherano, Suarez and Coutinho over the past decade.

If he's going to basically say Barca lost because they played badly rather than Liverpool playing well, then I hope the little ego monger cries himself to sleep for the rest of the summer.

He might have to share a league with Real Madrid but if he wants to know what it's really like to have to scrap for his silverware he should try his hand at the Prem.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5041 on: May 25, 2019, 02:36:42 pm »
Considering Messi seems to have to carry that team on his shoulders, and has been doing for a while, I'd think accusing him of staying in his comfort zone is a bit rough!

After all, I'm sure he could have buggered off to Abu Dhabi FC if he wanted, or wherever he liked, but he stuck with Barcelona, not much wrong with that.

He's Lionel Messi, not Matt Le Tissier! He's hardly a big fish in a small pond, and Barcelona aren't plucky underdogs.

When I say "comfort zone" I'm talking about a player who is good, knows he's good, and knows his team is good; and whilst it's natural to be competitive and hate losing, his attitude stinks of a bruised ego.  Losing is out of his comfort zone.

He's upset because we didn't let them play the way they wanted to and actually put up a fight? Diddums.  Maybe losing teaches him a bit of humility, but I doubt it. He's one of the best players around, but nobody has a divine right to win.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5042 on: May 25, 2019, 05:09:24 pm »
He's one of the best players around.

Chancing your arm a bit there?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5043 on: May 25, 2019, 05:19:50 pm »
Whatever rocks your boat Red Berry, I just don't see the argument! What's he going to do? The only clubs he would have moved to are the other big or rich clubs who are also likely going to win loads anyway. 

And he is carrying the club now, not throughout his time there - not sure anyeone said he always carried them. This isn't the same club as it was. They rely so heavily on him now.

Your other comments about him being a dick and having a bruised ego etc etc, is another argument.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #5044 on: May 25, 2019, 05:26:11 pm »
He's Lionel Messi, not Matt Le Tissier! He's hardly a big fish in a small pond, and Barcelona aren't plucky underdogs.

When I say "comfort zone" I'm talking about a player who is good, knows he's good, and knows his team is good; and whilst it's natural to be competitive and hate losing, his attitude stinks of a bruised ego.  Losing is out of his comfort zone.

He's upset because we didn't let them play the way they wanted to and actually put up a fight? Diddums.  Maybe losing teaches him a bit of humility, but I doubt it. He's one of the best players around, but nobody has a divine right to win.

He  is well use to losing had a life time at International level

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5045 on: May 25, 2019, 05:32:06 pm »
Gerrard? Not a bit of it.  Carrying your club is not staying in your comfort zone. Staying at a club where trophies are guaranteed and your club can spunk €140m on Coutinho is staying in your comfort zone.  They're on the verge of a domestic double and maybe a fifth straight Copa Del Rey.  Being the best player in the world doesn't automatically make the rest of your team shit.

Even Ronaldo seems keen to try his hand at new challenges. Gerrard had all the challenge he needed just trying to hold his club together.

If Messi's happy where he is the thats fine, but don't say he's carried a club that's had us of Mascherano, Suarez and Coutinho over the past decade.

If he's going to basically say Barca lost because they played badly rather than Liverpool playing well, then I hope the little ego monger cries himself to sleep for the rest of the summer.

He might have to share a league with Real Madrid but if he wants to know what it's really like to have to scrap for his silverware he should try his hand at the Prem.

I almost believed you weren't trolling until this bit
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #5046 on: May 25, 2019, 05:38:53 pm »
Totti,Del Piero, Maldini as well
Roy Race

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5047 on: May 25, 2019, 05:44:00 pm »
Whatever rocks your boat Red Berry, I just don't see the argument! What's he going to do? The only clubs he would have moved to are the other big or rich clubs who are also likely going to win loads anyway. 

And he is carrying the club now, not throughout his time there - not sure anyeone said he always carried them. This isn't the same club as it was. They rely so heavily on him now.

Your other comments about him being a dick and having a bruised ego etc etc, is another argument.

Fair enough.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5048 on: May 25, 2019, 05:53:26 pm »
Considering Messi seems to have to carry that team on his shoulders, and has been doing for a while, I'd think accusing him of staying in his comfort zone is a bit rough!

After all, I'm sure he could have buggered off to Abu Dhabi FC if he wanted, or wherever he liked, but he stuck with Barcelona, not much wrong with that.

Exactly. The team, manager and his own role has changed over the years, much like our Gerrard, and he adapted every time and carried the team to many la Ligas. He could have moved to any other club if he wanted, e.g. City or PSG, who with their oil funded resources would have made a team around him that won the CL most seasons.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5049 on: May 25, 2019, 05:55:37 pm »
Roy Race

Legend. Always wondered why we didn’t put a bid in to Melchester.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #5050 on: May 25, 2019, 09:22:54 pm »
Suarez gone off injured, that doesn't happen often.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5051 on: May 25, 2019, 09:57:53 pm »
He’s been injured since the second leg.

Their short term transfer policy’s really biting them on their arse right now, they need a massive rebuild.
AHA!

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5052 on: May 25, 2019, 09:59:11 pm »
They are shite. Frenkie isn't going to get them near a CL, need a lot of work and some players that can actually move.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5053 on: May 25, 2019, 10:00:30 pm »
They are shite. Frenkie isn't going to get them near a CL, need a lot of work and some players that can actually move.

Give over.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5054 on: May 25, 2019, 10:00:57 pm »

New manager might help.

Reckon Phil leaves.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #5055 on: May 25, 2019, 10:01:25 pm »
Enter shit coat?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5056 on: May 25, 2019, 10:01:27 pm »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #5057 on: May 25, 2019, 10:03:55 pm »
Enter shit coat?

Don't think they'd want him. I think they'll bring someone in from within the club or a legend.

Koeman maybe? That'd be a laugh. Perhaps even Xavi?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5058 on: May 25, 2019, 11:15:58 pm »
We really did break them didn’t we?

Don't think they'd want him. I think they'll bring someone in from within the club or a legend.

Koeman maybe? That'd be a laugh. Perhaps even Xavi?
allegri?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5059 on: May 25, 2019, 11:17:00 pm »
We really did break them didn’t we?
allegri?

FC Brokealona
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5060 on: May 25, 2019, 11:25:08 pm »
Enter shit coat?

There is a lot of bad blood there (remember the eye poking). They have to have better options.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #5061 on: May 26, 2019, 01:15:01 am »
Enter shit coat?

Worst Metallica cover ever
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5062 on: May 26, 2019, 01:33:53 am »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5063 on: May 26, 2019, 01:46:18 am »
It's early to mention Lampard for their manager job imo. ;)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5064 on: May 26, 2019, 08:32:14 am »
There is a lot of bad blood there (remember the eye poking). They have to have better options.

If they think Valverde's brand of football is "anti-Barca" then they wouldn't touch Maureen with a 20 foot pole. 

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #5065 on: May 26, 2019, 08:58:48 am »
Coutinho really has gone to shit hasn't he? I watched some parts of the 2nd half yesterday and he was invisible, and even when he got the ball, he was dogshit.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5066 on: May 26, 2019, 09:15:02 am »
Roma were the ones that broke them really if I’m honest. 

But we drove the final nail in.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #5067 on: May 26, 2019, 09:19:39 am »
Roma were the ones that broke them really if I’m honest. 

But we drove the final nail in.

Personally think we did a lot more damage than Roma , remember reading comments from Messi after the first leg , about how he didn’t want to play against us again after the Work rate we put in , seemed he already had enough of us  , even before the second leg .

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5068 on: May 26, 2019, 10:01:16 am »
Coutinho really has gone to shit hasn't he? I watched some parts of the 2nd half yesterday and he was invisible, and even when he got the ball, he was dogshit.
Yeah that experiment is over. I will be shocked if he's still there after the summer. Then again who will pay that much for him, i don't see many teams. PSG maybe?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5069 on: May 26, 2019, 10:40:20 am »

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #5070 on: May 26, 2019, 10:57:15 am »
Fuck that’s the best
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #5071 on: May 26, 2019, 11:16:05 am »

There's a lesson for all players: the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
He was plucked from obscurity and developed into a top player at a club that was improving, one that gave him a platform, surrounded by adoring fans. Yet he thought things could be better for him. We continued to get better as a club/team and his bubble burst. Be thankful and appreciative of what you've got, kids.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #5072 on: May 26, 2019, 11:21:48 am »
It wasn’t really obscurity. He was one of the highest rated youngsters on the planet, failed in his first big move, we got him cheap and resurrected his career.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #5073 on: May 26, 2019, 11:26:47 am »
If Barca are ready to sell him for a reasonable price I won't be surprised to see him back at Inter

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #5074 on: May 26, 2019, 11:33:19 am »
If Barca are ready to sell him for a reasonable price I won't be surprised to see him back at Inter

Inter fans were gutted to see him sold for 8m and then smash it for us. Reckon it'd sting to see him brought back in for what would probably end up being ten times that amount...

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5075 on: May 26, 2019, 11:33:58 am »
You just get the sense that Klopp and the decision makers were fine with him going at the right price, and over the moon at the final agreed price. The reasons why he wasn't an exact fit for Klopps team have been discussed at length. This is why I don't think we'd be interested even if the transfer back was a goer. Mane has slipped into that role effortlessly but offers much more defensively and there are other players who can offer the same.

I'd have him back though. I just loved watching him run with the ball...

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5076 on: May 26, 2019, 12:06:58 pm »
Inter fans were gutted to see him sold for 8m and then smash it for us. Reckon it'd sting to see him brought back in for what would probably end up being ten times that amount...

He'd be their Pogba. Although Tbf he'd probably do much better at Inter than Pogba has at United.

I'd take him back, but not for more than £60m - and £10m of that as add-ons, payable only if we win something, rather than just on appearances.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5077 on: May 26, 2019, 12:14:21 pm »
Anyone remember that Inter fan on here who was arguing that Inter were more than happy to let him go? Got banned later when it came up he was a Nazi IIRC
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #5078 on: May 26, 2019, 12:56:24 pm »
There will always be a before and after moment in the chronicles of Barcelona Club de Fútbol - Liverpool FC.

Offline The Test

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5079 on: May 26, 2019, 02:24:32 pm »
He'd be their Pogba. Although Tbf he'd probably do much better at Inter than Pogba has at United.

I'd take him back, but not for more than £60m - and £10m of that as add-ons, payable only if we win something, rather than just on appearances.

Who knows? I really think he found his sweet spot here. With a supportive fan base and a collective of manager and players without a hint of ego or dressing room conflict. He had his nice little Brazilian / spanish circle to hang out and play crazy golf with and other such activities that people do when they can't get trolleyed on booze and gear every weekend. Plus the tiny transfer fee meant he could come in without pressure and play with a smile. Anywhere he goes now he'll be under immense pressure and scrutiny on account of the large transfer fee and the Barca failure.
Don't think he was particularly productive at Inter, it was the Espanyol loan where he shone, probably because he again felt less pressure with a loan.