Author Topic: Android Phones - Apps and stuff  (Read 260167 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Android Phones - Apps and stuff
« Reply #2240 on: January 10, 2015, 02:50:40 pm »
The previous version is Tapatalk 4.9.5 apk. Not going to stick a direct link here for it but easy enough to find on google. Uninstall current version/install the previous/turn off updates for it on Google Play.

Boss, thank you.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2241 on: January 23, 2015, 01:05:35 pm »
Have microsoft started a trend of updating things to make them far worse. Ie windows 8?
Tapatalk seemingly has gone the same way.
The youtube app has lost the voice search functionality.

Ps is tapatalk a good way to read rawk?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #2242 on: January 25, 2015, 07:56:31 pm »
Have microsoft started a trend of updating things to make them far worse. Ie windows 8?
Tapatalk seemingly has gone the same way.
The youtube app has lost the voice search functionality.

Ps is tapatalk a good way to read rawk?
Tapatalk is great for reading the forum. However, you will want to find an older version as the latest update is awful!

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2243 on: February 28, 2015, 08:52:39 am »
Hello everyone,

Hoping someone will be able to help me.

I have an LG G2 phone that has caused me nothing but trouble since having the screen replaced by some cowboys nearly a year ago. Anyway, last night I put my phone into my pocket and subsequently cracked the screen again; I wasn't carrying a hammer in my pocket so God knows how it happened, however it has left me only able to use about half an inch of the screen in the bottom left hand corner.

Having had enough of the phone, I went onto eBay and sold it for spares and bought a cheap crappy replacement until my upgrade is due. The problem is I have now realised I can't factory reset the phone before I send it off to the next poor bastard that is left lumbered with this useless piece of shite. I've read online about using the power button/volume down until the logo appears, then realising power before pressing it again. However when I do this it turns onto the logo, I release the power button and when I press it again it just turns the phone off as opposed to entering any type of settings. I've tried plugging the phone into the PC but it won't find it because I can't select the option on the screen of the phone.

I have read that I could buy a OTG USB cable that would enable me to plug a mouse into the phone and get to settings that way, but I have no idea if this would work.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Many thanks.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2244 on: February 28, 2015, 11:04:22 pm »
Is there an android app for my mobile to watch free films on such as primewire that exists for desktops / laptops?
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2245 on: March 1, 2015, 04:48:48 pm »
Is there an android app for my mobile to watch free films on such as primewire that exists for desktops / laptops?
Popcorn Time and Showbox are probably the best ones. You can also run XBMC on it.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #2246 on: March 2, 2015, 12:26:45 pm »
Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC One M9 both announced yesterday.

Samsung have certainly taken heed of the criticisms of its lack of premium materials in the past by going for largely metal and glass this time, but the loss of the user replaceable battery and removal of microSd card will probably annoy quite a few of those who have used the Galaxy range of phones previously.

Also gone for increasing screen resolution again, will be interesting to see if that really makes much of a difference to user experience beyond hitting the battery life.

HTC one M9 looks pretty simialr to the M8 from what I've seen the major change there is ditching the ultrapixel experiment on the main camera, which will probably please some people.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2247 on: March 2, 2015, 02:16:28 pm »
That emerald green Edge is fucking gorgeous! 

Sounds like it's going to be crazy expensive to buy unlocked though.  £700 for a 64GB model?!   :o
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2248 on: March 6, 2015, 12:28:15 pm »
due an upgrade in the next month or two. Most of the apps on my phone are stored internally (not on the memory card) and whilst its not a big issue to re-download the game and novelty apps, I do have banking/credit card apps installed that are not stored on memory card. Whats the best way to get those apps (and their data) installed on a new phone? Or do I bite the bullett and go through the whole download and registration process again?
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2249 on: March 7, 2015, 09:54:13 am »
Does anyone have any invites for Inbox by Google please? I've been waiting weeks for them to send me one to no avail...

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #2250 on: March 7, 2015, 09:59:08 am »
Does anyone know an app that actually retains battery life. Mine has become shocking. also pop up ads are something I've only encountered in the last month

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2251 on: March 7, 2015, 10:47:35 am »
This is great for getting rid of ads. The Mother Of All Ad Blockers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1916098

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2252 on: March 7, 2015, 12:25:36 pm »
Thanks fellas.
I have a HTC One M7 and it's only in the past two months I've noticed a real change. Used to get a day and a half but now it' down to 10pm/11pm at best

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2253 on: March 9, 2015, 03:55:10 am »
It is a problem endemic in the mobile industry really. The developments in battery tech have not kept apace with the developments in CPU & screen tech. I believe (absolutely no expert) that the issue is with Lithium batteries v Silicon batteries. L-ion batteries have got as good as they are going to and the next step is Silicon-ion batteries. These batteries have 10x the capacity of lithium cells, but the issue is that they absorb so many ions during charging they change dramatically in size during both while charging and discharging. Not only is this a headache for design it also makes the batteries brittle and probe to breaking.

Realistically there is little to do apart from the usual - turn off wifi as and when, unless you absolutely need them turn off location tracking apps, use the lowest screen brightness and - something I've got in to the habit of doing is - turning your phone on to airplane mode for an hour every now and again during the day when you know you won't need it.

I'm on to my third iPhone battery in the 23 months I've had it - if you're a 'power user' and need to charge your phone often like me, it kills them and realistically there's not a lot one can do.

Me, I've made the decision to migrate to Android finally. Problem is I've now got a panoply of new devices to pick from. I had settled on the S6 but there are some concerns about the screen - something which has emerged in the last few days.

The phone I would love is the Huawei P8 but looks like the availability will be scarce from the service providers so I'd have to buy sim free which will be massively expensive.

My best intermediary between the 2 I think is the Nexus 6, but word is the camera is not great on that.

Bleurgh. First world problems.

Wait for the Zenphone 2 by Asus. 4 GB Ram, Quadcore Intel Silvermont soc and Powervr gpu.

Phuk yoo

Offline KopSound

• Main Stander
« Reply #2254 on: March 21, 2015, 04:22:29 pm »
That emerald green Edge is fucking gorgeous! 

Sounds like it's going to be crazy expensive to buy unlocked though.  £700 for a 64GB model?!   :o
The rounded corners are certainly different, current have the S5 so I'll probably wait for the 7. Interested to see how the rounded edges go over, can see people either loving it or hating it.
Liverpool FC - Sounders FC

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2255 on: May 19, 2015, 05:59:12 pm »
Anyone any idea how to stop pop-ups? I'm thinking it may be connected to Battery Doctor app I have but literally everytime I use Chrome, Facebook or Twitter I get an App Store recommendation for Game of War or Lazy Swipe. Gone beyond annoying now

Will you be my hero?

and figure how to stop this?

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2256 on: May 19, 2015, 06:33:39 pm »
I use this but you need to be rooted

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1916098

If you are not rooted then try Adblock Plus

https://adblockplus.org/en/android-install

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2257 on: June 21, 2015, 07:58:27 pm »
Finally released an app

Fell free to try it: Lovester
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:10:48 am by Packalacky »

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2258 on: June 27, 2015, 09:11:25 pm »
Looking to get some feedback on Lovester if anyone is willing to try it out. Just simple stuff, ie what do you like/don't like about it.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2259 on: June 28, 2015, 12:21:59 am »
I was download number 2 from Google Play. It told me to suck a nipple. I was alone and am still trying. Hope this helps.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2260 on: June 28, 2015, 08:08:10 am »
I was download number 2 from Google Play. It told me to suck a nipple. I was alone and am still trying. Hope this helps.

;D

You are supposed to use it with a partner preferably, otherwise things can get very awkward very fast...

Did you get any crashes and did everything work  smoothly and without display issues?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:19:17 am by Packalacky »

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2261 on: June 28, 2015, 01:30:47 pm »
;D

You are supposed to use it with a partner preferably, otherwise things can get very awkward very fast...

Did you get any crashes and did everything work  smoothly and without display issues?
Oh it works fine. No crashes or anything.   Using a Oneplus One running CyanogenMod's version of Lollipop.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #2262 on: June 29, 2015, 07:48:48 am »
;D

Works fine for me as well. LG G pro 2 on Kit kat 4.4.2.  havent checked on my wife's Zenfone 2 yet.

Phuk yoo

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2263 on: June 29, 2015, 08:08:57 am »
Oh it works fine. No crashes or anything.   Using a Oneplus One running CyanogenMod's version of Lollipop.

Works fine for me as well. LG G pro 2 on Kit kat 4.4.2.  havent checked on my wife's Zenfone 2 yet.

Thanks a lot, bit of a challenge to try to display everything correctly on so many different devices and sizes, so very happy to hear things are working well.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #2264 on: June 29, 2015, 09:51:14 am »
That S6 Edge is lovely but Samsung really need to update their UI, it's so dated and square/ugly!!

Omni Swipe is an app I just got, very good btw!

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2265 on: July 3, 2015, 08:52:19 pm »
That S6 Edge is lovely but Samsung really need to update their UI, it's so dated and square/ugly!!

Omni Swipe is an app I just got, very good btw!

Yea, not going near another Samsung phone until they totally redo their ui.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2266 on: July 3, 2015, 08:56:31 pm »
Made a promotional video of my app  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WJWZECsZM_k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WJWZECsZM_k</a>

Really need to brush up on video editing...

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2267 on: July 5, 2015, 07:10:14 am »
I keep getting push notifications in the guise of "your facebook friend X is on instagram as...."

I thought that would appear only when somebody joined instagram (or linked accounts), but these notifications refer to people that already had instagram for quite a while, why's that?

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2268 on: July 6, 2015, 03:19:35 pm »
Got a S6 with work.

Just started having a play with it and noticed they've removed the two best features of the previous versions compared to Iphones - the removable battery and the ability to use SD cards.

Shite that
cyas

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2269 on: July 6, 2015, 04:48:27 pm »
Got a S6 with work.

Just started having a play with it and noticed they've removed the two best features of the previous versions compared to Iphones - the removable battery and the ability to use SD cards.

Shite that

That is the reason why the S5 will be my next phone, not the S6.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #2270 on: July 7, 2015, 09:27:04 am »
Got a S6 with work.

Shite that

No removable storage!?!?

Suicidal move that, easily one of the reasons I use Android phones over Apple. Expandable storage these days is key, get the 16GB phone and bang a 64GB or bigger card in for a fraction of the price the 64GB model costs.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #2271 on: July 8, 2015, 07:27:36 pm »
Looking to get some feedback on Lovester if anyone is willing to try it out. Just simple stuff, ie what do you like/don't like about it.
Just downloaded it mate, looks like a laugh. I will have a play with the mrs and let you know!

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #2272 on: August 3, 2015, 12:03:44 pm »
I used to have Samsung S2 Mini and could watch games no problem, but recently I bought an LG L Bello and can't get almost any streams to work.

Do I have to download something from google play or what?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2273 on: August 3, 2015, 12:56:58 pm »
No removable storage!?!?

Suicidal move that, easily one of the reasons I use Android phones over Apple. Expandable storage these days is key, get the 16GB phone and bang a 64GB or bigger card in for a fraction of the price the 64GB model costs.

One reason I stick with HTC (Not least the superior build quality and spec over an iPhone) - The expandable memory. Just wacked a 128gig in my HTC m9 for about £30. Probably won't get closed to using it all. But it is nice to have it there.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #2274 on: August 4, 2015, 08:39:43 am »
I used to have Samsung S2 Mini and could watch games no problem, but recently I bought an LG L Bello and can't get almost any streams to work.

Do I have to download something from google play or what?
I used to have a LG phone and found that it was terrible when using it on the net.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #2275 on: August 5, 2015, 08:52:39 am »
I used to have a LG phone and found that it was terrible when using it on the net.
I don't have any troubles with the net generally, it's just watching football that troubles me.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #2276 on: September 15, 2015, 09:20:37 pm »
Updated my stock 4.4.2 Galaxy S4 to Cyanogenmod 5.1.1, it's awesome so far. The only thing I dislike is lockscreen without widgets, used it a lot on Touch Wiz.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2277 on: September 15, 2015, 09:46:47 pm »
Anyone got any hints when Android Pay / Samsung Pay will be arriving in the UK ??

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2278 on: October 21, 2015, 12:25:42 am »
Anyone know of an app or a way I can get hundreds of messages from my phone to my laptop so I can print them off? Can I do it simply by conencting my phone to the laptop?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2279 on: October 21, 2015, 11:12:31 am »
Anyone want an invite to buy a OnePlus 2? I've just received 3 of them today, they expire in 6 days. PM me your email address if you do.