Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3472492 times)

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #46760 on: December 16, 2017, 04:51:21 pm »
It's brilliant. One of the best comedies of the last 10 years, easily.

It's a highly polarising film and does skirt the edges of being highly pretentious art house nonsense though. But it's played about as straight as you can get with zero self awareness which would have ruined it I feel. It's also equally as dark and bitter as it is funny.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46761 on: December 16, 2017, 05:24:36 pm »
Can't fault a word there, mate. I also have to own up to being a bit of a wanker when it comes to films (and life) ;D Hang on a sec.. I can fault one word there. It's with regard :lmao

It would have been handy if the characters were at all sympathetic, too. The entire moral dilemma of the piece seems a bit of a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ when there are no stakes involved whatsoever.

Well, with regards... you can stick your regard up your arse.  ;D

You know, I've just genuinely wikipedia'd it to go over the plot outline to bring up some salient point and saw that it is in fact based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iphigenia_in_Aulis.

You know, I'm not surprised at all!

I may give it another watch. I went into it thinking that it was an original story and it looks to be more of an adaptation...

In other stuff - watched The Master for breakfast this morning. I have always been interested in cult-based films and have been watching some Scientology-related show of late. When I first watched The Master, I was 'Mmmm, that was ok'; but after a few years and a few viewings, it really is a wonderful film.

Couldn't recommend it enough to folk who may not have seen it or like a good drama. I bring this up because whilst watch The Deer - I couldn't help but feel as though the main characters were locked into some kind of cult, I don't know why, it was more of a feeling than anything. The detachment from family, the obscure relationships, the odd sex... As I say, there is nothing within the film to suggest that, but it was more of a feeling than anything - oh and Nicole Kidman.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #46762 on: December 16, 2017, 05:30:55 pm »
Going to see Thor Ragnarok and new Star Wars movies next week.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46763 on: December 17, 2017, 01:06:37 am »
So, Alex Garland's Annihilation got shafted by producers as far as distribution rights go. One wanted Garland to do reshoots because test screenings didn't go down well, citing that it was too convoluted and intellectual for most audiences. Sounds fucking great to me, and Garland rightly told them to go fuck themselves, the result of which was a limited cinema release in the States, and a straight to video on demand Netflix insult for people wanting to view it on a big screen (myself) in the EU and UK. So, unfortunately, with masterpieces like Blade Runner 2049, and excellent genre pieces like Garland's own Ex Machina not doing very well, or at least making the big numbers up that a Marvel or a Star Wars film would, we're shit out of luck for more art house type gems like the aforementioned in the near future, I reckon.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46764 on: December 17, 2017, 01:38:42 am »
So, Alex Garland's Annihilation got shafted by producers as far as distribution rights go. One wanted Garland to do reshoots because test screenings didn't go down well, citing that it was too convoluted and intellectual for most audiences. Sounds fucking great to me, and Garland rightly told them to go fuck themselves, the result of which was a limited cinema release in the States, and a straight to video on demand Netflix insult for people wanting to view it on a big screen (myself) in the EU and UK. So, unfortunately, with masterpieces like Blade Runner 2049, and excellent genre pieces like Garland's own Ex Machina not doing very well, or at least making the big numbers up that a Marvel or a Star Wars film would, we're shit out of luck for more art house type gems like the aforementioned in the near future, I reckon.

Be not afraid - we shall see collective VOD screenings more and more - The Fact do this on occasion and whilst the licencing of Netflix for collective viewing(s) is still in its infancy, Netflix are rolling out something in the U.S whereby you pay a fee and can see Netflix shows on the silver screen.

It will happen - if Netflix can essentially take down Blockbuster, the big cinemas will not deny them from licencing their wares for their cinemas.

I've spoke about this loads mate - one day we will see the crossover of film and TV serials (with regard to viewing habits), and the dynamics of viewing habits will go all North is South and South is North; can literally see a future with a return to the old serials and I think Netflix will be one of the forerunners in this. More and more good independent producers (like Garland, Wheatley and co), turning to Netflix to get more creative control and less constraints on budgets.

The question at-hand is - why would people want to go to the cinema to see stuff, when they can do it in their own homes?

True, it goes against their inherent model and may prove fruitless - but Netflix have the power and resources to somehow make it work. :)

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46765 on: December 17, 2017, 03:16:24 pm »
Be not afraid - we shall see collective VOD screenings more and more - The Fact do this on occasion and whilst the licencing of Netflix for collective viewing(s) is still in its infancy, Netflix are rolling out something in the U.S whereby you pay a fee and can see Netflix shows on the silver screen.

It will happen - if Netflix can essentially take down Blockbuster, the big cinemas will not deny them from licencing their wares for their cinemas.

I've spoke about this loads mate - one day we will see the crossover of film and TV serials (with regard to viewing habits), and the dynamics of viewing habits will go all North is South and South is North; can literally see a future with a return to the old serials and I think Netflix will be one of the forerunners in this. More and more good independent producers (like Garland, Wheatley and co), turning to Netflix to get more creative control and less constraints on budgets.

The question at-hand is - why would people want to go to the cinema to see stuff, when they can do it in their own homes?

True, it goes against their inherent model and may prove fruitless - but Netflix have the power and resources to somehow make it work. :)

It does seem to be going that way, I agree. Outside of the big Marvel, DC and Star Wars type franchises, it's becoming increasingly obvious that cinemas don't want to bother about smaller, more obscure productions. They enter the theatre, and if they don't bank on the first weekend, it's cheerio within a matter of a week or maybe slightly more. Maybe not all the time, but it is seriously frustrating, as some films need time to breath once the cork is popped on them as they gather a collective crowd over word of mouth, but by then it's too late. I remember reading Tarantino's disdain for Star Wars because of this, and his past experiences with (I think it was Hateful 8?) one of his films being removed from a branch of theatres to make way for the latest Disney juggernaut. I suppose it's all about whatever makes the green more, but even at that, the likes of Netflix should not be viewed as some kind of savior to independent, art house style productions whenever you see some of the shit they're buying into (let's not forget their hard on for Marvel too). I mean, we've got a certain Mr Smith popping up on there pretty soon in something that looks like it was written by a GCSE student who's into Lord of the Rings and computer games. Hardly high art, but sure, whatever gets the publicity, and Will Smith in your production is marketing gold dust. Even if it's gold dust sprinkled on a turd.

It's always been the question, hasn't it? I don't think the rise of VOD or Netflix type services has altered that question in any way, or at least the answer to it. It was as true in the 80's with Betamax and VHS, and in the 90's with DVD as it is now. It's just another format, but one put in it's own place by the convenience of use. It's about the experience. Sadly, though, as you say, the whole experience of going to a Blockbuster, or another rental type store, where you walked in, browsed the empty boxes, and picked a film based off of the cover art and hoped you picked a winner, or got lucky enough for it to be in shop if it was a new release, are long gone. These things might seem an inconvenience to us now, but it was all about that anticipation and experience that was often better than the films themselves. Going to the cinema is the same thing. The last film I watched was Blade Runner 2049, and as an example for that, there is no way just picking that film off a screen in your living room and watching it on a 42" screen or whatever, would do that film any kind of justice. On viewing it in a theatre, it was clearly obvious it was a film built specifically for that. The soundtrack coupled with the visuals alone, fucking hell, it was an immense experience and one that I won't forget. The seat I was sitting in was literally vibrating from the bass and it was probably the best I've had watching a film on the big screen, with LoTR's trilogy being a close second. If you missed that on the big screen, you missed out in a big way. I would have loved to have given it a second go, but sure enough, Justice League came along, and it had to skooch over and make way for that lump of lard, and as it turned out, I went to the very last showing of it that I could find locally...on a weekday...in the afternoon.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46766 on: December 17, 2017, 11:39:49 pm »
Just watched Jackie Chan's The Foreigner.

Nice little film to pass a couple of hours.

Well impressed with it.

No cheesy wisecracks and idiocy from Chan like most of his movies,it's a darker serious role.

Won't take you long to suss out who Pierce Brosnan's character is based on. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #46767 on: December 18, 2017, 05:09:26 pm »
Just watched Jackie Chan's The Foreigner.

Nice little film to pass a couple of hours.

Well impressed with it.

No cheesy wisecracks and idiocy from Chan like most of his movies,it's a darker serious role.

Won't take you long to suss out who Pierce Brosnan's character is based on. ;D

Watched it yesterday. Go on, tell me about it  ;D

They
Spoiler
executed Charlie Murphy's character. Absolute c*nts. She was an angel.
[close]

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46768 on: December 19, 2017, 09:17:20 am »
It does seem to be going that way, I agree. Outside of the big Marvel, DC and Star Wars type franchises, it's becoming increasingly obvious that cinemas don't want to bother about smaller, more obscure productions. They enter the theatre, and if they don't bank on the first weekend, it's cheerio within a matter of a week or maybe slightly more. Maybe not all the time, but it is seriously frustrating, as some films need time to breath once the cork is popped on them as they gather a collective crowd over word of mouth, but by then it's too late. I remember reading Tarantino's disdain for Star Wars because of this, and his past experiences with (I think it was Hateful 8?) one of his films being removed from a branch of theatres to make way for the latest Disney juggernaut. I suppose it's all about whatever makes the green more, but even at that, the likes of Netflix should not be viewed as some kind of savior to independent, art house style productions whenever you see some of the shit they're buying into (let's not forget their hard on for Marvel too). I mean, we've got a certain Mr Smith popping up on there pretty soon in something that looks like it was written by a GCSE student who's into Lord of the Rings and computer games. Hardly high art, but sure, whatever gets the publicity, and Will Smith in your production is marketing gold dust. Even if it's gold dust sprinkled on a turd.

It's always been the question, hasn't it? I don't think the rise of VOD or Netflix type services has altered that question in any way, or at least the answer to it. It was as true in the 80's with Betamax and VHS, and in the 90's with DVD as it is now. It's just another format, but one put in it's own place by the convenience of use. It's about the experience. Sadly, though, as you say, the whole experience of going to a Blockbuster, or another rental type store, where you walked in, browsed the empty boxes, and picked a film based off of the cover art and hoped you picked a winner, or got lucky enough for it to be in shop if it was a new release, are long gone. These things might seem an inconvenience to us now, but it was all about that anticipation and experience that was often better than the films themselves. Going to the cinema is the same thing. The last film I watched was Blade Runner 2049, and as an example for that, there is no way just picking that film off a screen in your living room and watching it on a 42" screen or whatever, would do that film any kind of justice. On viewing it in a theatre, it was clearly obvious it was a film built specifically for that. The soundtrack coupled with the visuals alone, fucking hell, it was an immense experience and one that I won't forget. The seat I was sitting in was literally vibrating from the bass and it was probably the best I've had watching a film on the big screen, with LoTR's trilogy being a close second. If you missed that on the big screen, you missed out in a big way. I would have loved to have given it a second go, but sure enough, Justice League came along, and it had to skooch over and make way for that lump of lard, and as it turned out, I went to the very last showing of it that I could find locally...on a weekday...in the afternoon.

Good point on the VHS/Cinema contrasts - I didn't think about that...

It is interesting how it is all going, but cinema has been going down the pan since the 70s and the only way for them to go is to pump their cash into these blockbuster films. The biggest earner for them is kids - as we all know - school outings, parent evenings and teenyboppers alike, going to see their latest craze; I can't see that changing anytime soon.

Localised cinema is where it once was, and now we have seen a shift to multiplex 'arcades' of sorts and if you are in the U.S, you will know that cinemas are 'transmorphing' to big media supermarkets. The cinema will end up being mashed in with bowling alleys, pool halls and we'll see kind of a... general entertainment hub, with arcades, play areas and possibly cafes in there for good measure. These have been around for a while, yes, but it will happen more and more as time goes by.

I submitted a paper for my MA about the effect of Netflix on cinema and how TV 3.0 will shape our viewing habits - it was lambasted by my peers and seen as a joke. But I still stand by it - Netflix will bring back the serialisation and if big-media want to survive, they really should be looking at Netflix as a pioneer of filmmaking.

The thing about Netflix being a thingio for indie fillmmakers - one day, we will see it as a distribution portal (much like Amazon Kindle), whereby it will have some kind of section for indie films and shorts. It will happen, and it will get flooded with total shite!
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46769 on: December 19, 2017, 09:47:49 am »
Watched Dunkirk at home last night and boy does it lose a lot of its magic not being projected and deafeningly loud.

I think it'll still scrape into my top 10 of the year because that cinema experience was so phenomenal (and I havent seen either of Call Me By Your Name or The Florida Project), but it feels a bit like Gravity where outside of its ideal setting on a huge screen it doesnt hold up nearly as well.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46770 on: December 19, 2017, 05:27:47 pm »
Watched Battle of the Sexes last night. Emma Stone is boss. That is all.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #46771 on: December 19, 2017, 08:01:56 pm »
Watched Dunkirk at home last night and boy does it lose a lot of its magic not being projected and deafeningly loud.

Yeah me too.... definitely a big screen film .. bugger  8)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Online Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46772 on: December 19, 2017, 08:33:03 pm »
Ocean's 8 trailer is out and it looks like another movie I will pass on.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46773 on: December 19, 2017, 08:39:42 pm »
Watched Battle of the Sexes last night. Emma Stone is boss. That is all.

Probably my favourite actress at the moment.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46774 on: December 20, 2017, 03:05:49 am »
Watched The Revenant over the course of a few nights. Great film. A little long maybe, certainly some unnecessary scenes in there e.g. catching snowflakes with their tongues? Sublimely acted, particularly Tom Hardy whose face is (usually) so non-descript & voice so banal you'd be forgiven for forgetting every film he's starred in until this one. One of the great villains of modern cinema for me. 4/5

Anyone read the book?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:13:43 am by Another Red »

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46775 on: December 20, 2017, 03:31:31 am »
Ocean's 8 trailer is out and it looks like another movie I will pass on.

Another series of films that is like a neighbour who knows no boundaries.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46776 on: December 20, 2017, 04:09:56 am »
Watched The Revenant over the course of a few nights. Great film. A little long maybe, certainly some unnecessary scenes in there e.g. catching snowflakes with their tongues? Sublimely acted, particularly Tom Hardy whose face is (usually) so non-descript & voice so banal you'd be forgiven for forgetting every film he's starred in until this one. One of the great villains of modern cinema for me. 4/5

Anyone read the book?

Think Hardy gets over the top stick for his performances. I think he's a good actor.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46777 on: December 20, 2017, 12:27:51 pm »
Tom Hardy gets stick?

Continually on 11,420.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #46778 on: December 20, 2017, 12:41:19 pm »

I think it'll still scrape into my top 10 of the year because that cinema experience was so phenomenal (and I havent seen either of Call Me By Your Name or The Florida Project), but it feels a bit like Gravity where outside of its ideal setting on a huge screen it doesnt hold up nearly as well.

Yeah, recent films like Dunkirk, Gravity and The Revenant are simply made for the cinema. I've never watched them since and don't really intend to. Would probably still enjoy them, but the experience just wouldn't translate.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46779 on: December 20, 2017, 01:37:01 pm »
I usually hate watching films in 3D at the cinema but Gravity was amazing with it.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46780 on: December 20, 2017, 06:13:19 pm »
Good point on the VHS/Cinema contrasts - I didn't think about that...

It is interesting how it is all going, but cinema has been going down the pan since the 70s and the only way for them to go is to pump their cash into these blockbuster films. The biggest earner for them is kids - as we all know - school outings, parent evenings and teenyboppers alike, going to see their latest craze; I can't see that changing anytime soon.

Localised cinema is where it once was, and now we have seen a shift to multiplex 'arcades' of sorts and if you are in the U.S, you will know that cinemas are 'transmorphing' to big media supermarkets. The cinema will end up being mashed in with bowling alleys, pool halls and we'll see kind of a... general entertainment hub, with arcades, play areas and possibly cafes in there for good measure. These have been around for a while, yes, but it will happen more and more as time goes by.

I submitted a paper for my MA about the effect of Netflix on cinema and how TV 3.0 will shape our viewing habits - it was lambasted by my peers and seen as a joke. But I still stand by it - Netflix will bring back the serialisation and if big-media want to survive, they really should be looking at Netflix as a pioneer of filmmaking.

The thing about Netflix being a thingio for indie fillmmakers - one day, we will see it as a distribution portal (much like Amazon Kindle), whereby it will have some kind of section for indie films and shorts. It will happen, and it will get flooded with total shite!
Where I live, I can only think of two cinemas that are independently situated in their own building, and one of those is an old fashioned art house style cinema. Every other new omniplex, Odeon etc, is in a place exactly as you've described. Bowling alleys, food franchise malls, entertainment centres. It's exactly as you described, and it's the same model used in the US.

It all basically comes down to consumer habits, really, and you're spot on about the Netflix distribution thing where indies will eventually see that as a place to flog their wares. Just like the videogame industry, the Steam platform came along and it changed things. It's only recently that it could be viewed as for the worse, rather than for the good. You're right: once Netflix open the floodgates for that kind of distribution to happen, it will absolutely be flooded with shit. Not like the shite that's already on there, and there's a lot of shite on Netflix, but absolute dross. Just like what's happened to Steam, really. Give it about 10 years.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46781 on: December 21, 2017, 05:20:39 am »
Saw IT, pretty good. Fun cast.

Also did Training Day again, what a fucking movie. Gets better every time. The Fuqua/Denzel combination is phenomenal.

And Air Force One, enjoyable nonsense. I miss Harrison Ford.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46782 on: December 21, 2017, 08:04:29 pm »
Where I live, I can only think of two cinemas that are independently situated in their own building, and one of those is an old fashioned art house style cinema. Every other new omniplex, Odeon etc, is in a place exactly as you've described. Bowling alleys, food franchise malls, entertainment centres. It's exactly as you described, and it's the same model used in the US.

It all basically comes down to consumer habits, really, and you're spot on about the Netflix distribution thing where indies will eventually see that as a place to flog their wares. Just like the videogame industry, the Steam platform came along and it changed things. It's only recently that it could be viewed as for the worse, rather than for the good. You're right: once Netflix open the floodgates for that kind of distribution to happen, it will absolutely be flooded with shit. Not like the shite that's already on there, and there's a lot of shite on Netflix, but absolute dross. Just like what's happened to Steam, really. Give it about 10 years.

Grrr... this is so shit - I made a hefty reply to this last night and it appears to have disappeared. Strange.

In short, some of the stuff that makes it to Netflix is seriously bad.
Continually on 11,420.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #46783 on: December 22, 2017, 07:33:08 am »
There is a TS version of Paddington 2 about now just checked it more than good enough to keep the kids happy.

I will give it a watch later really enjoyed the first one and its deeper message about immigration.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #46784 on: December 22, 2017, 03:43:07 pm »
The Netflix film Bright is about now.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46785 on: December 22, 2017, 05:37:57 pm »
The Netflix film Bright is about now.

Its also rubbish.

Not the trainwreck some reviews have said, but just dumb and mediocre. Kinda wish it had been worse, if anything.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46786 on: December 22, 2017, 05:51:30 pm »
Bright looks like a poorer version of Alien Nation.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46787 on: December 22, 2017, 06:30:02 pm »
Its also rubbish.

Not the trainwreck some reviews have said, but just dumb and mediocre. Kinda wish it had been worse, if anything.
So bad its good? Or at least get a laugh from it. It always looked shite, or something that came across as if a couple of 15 year old GCSE students had come up with that were into world of warcraft and call of duty.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46788 on: December 22, 2017, 06:35:18 pm »
So bad its good? Or at least get a laugh from it. It always looked shite, or something that came across as if a couple of 15 year old GCSE students had come up with that were into world of warcraft and call of duty.

Max Landis!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46789 on: December 22, 2017, 07:21:15 pm »
Max Landis!
I think I might have said that before, because it sounds like Deja veux when I say it all makes sense now.

I don't mind Max, but he is a bit hit and miss with his ideas.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #46790 on: December 22, 2017, 10:55:03 pm »
I usually hate watching films in 3D at the cinema but Gravity was amazing with it.
What is the 'Quality' like for 3D films at the cinema ?
do you all wear special glasses or has tech moved on ?
you can tell i've not been the flicks for a while  ;D
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46791 on: December 22, 2017, 11:01:51 pm »
I think I might have said that before, because it sounds like Deja veux when I say it all makes sense now.

I don't mind Max, but he is a bit hit and miss with his ideas.

He seems to be a great ideas guy but the final product is very uneven. Chronicle was very good.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46792 on: December 23, 2017, 12:54:42 am »

No.  It’s just fucking terrible. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46793 on: December 23, 2017, 05:55:23 am »
Take it Max Landis is John Landis' son.

Just checked out a trailer for Bright - it looks quite good. Dunno... a sci-fi film with over 5.0 scoring on IMDB is usually enjoyable (for me, at least).
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46794 on: December 23, 2017, 07:54:28 am »
Any Liam Neeson fans or fans of bureaucrats - check out 'Mark Felt' - a good little film about Watergate and the death of Hoover.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46795 on: December 23, 2017, 11:54:10 am »
Take it Max Landis is John Landis' son.

Just checked out a trailer for Bright - it looks quite good. Dunno... a sci-fi film with over 5.0 scoring on IMDB is usually enjoyable (for me, at least).
Yeah, John's son. He'll be in charge of a American Werewolf in London remake.

Bright looks like a live action version of the Shadowrun games, only with less of the cyberpunk elements (which something like that needs if you're going to try and mix fantasy with reality) and of course, Will Smith...being Will Smith, so Bad Boys with Orcs and shit.

Online bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46796 on: December 25, 2017, 07:06:05 pm »
Blade Runner 2049 on IP torrents folks.Happy Christmas!Blade Runner 2049 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO New!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46797 on: December 25, 2017, 08:23:22 pm »
Blade Runner 2049 on IP torrents folks.Happy Christmas!Blade Runner 2049 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO New!

Got tickets for a cinema screening on 29th but I am bloody tempted to ruin it.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #46798 on: December 26, 2017, 12:06:04 am »

Don't do it. Watch it at the cinema first.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46799 on: December 26, 2017, 03:21:46 am »

You're in Ireland, aren't you? Where's still showing that? Everywhere within driving distance that I could get to all have had it pulled about a month ago now. I got to see it once and was gutted.

Don't download it first. Go watch it in the cinema. It's a film that will translate very well to the small screen, but its a film built to be viewed on the biggest screen, and the loudest speakers possible. It's just a stunning film.