Author Topic: Pink Floyd  (Read 45725 times)

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Re: Pink Floyd
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2010, 10:56:47 pm »
High Hopes from the Division bell, love that album to bits.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2010, 11:03:25 pm »
Really felt the need for some Pink Floyd the other day so I put 'Meddle', 'Animals'and 'Piper..' on the ipod and climbed a hill on my bike.

Perfect afternoon ('Piper at the gates of dawn' is an amazing debut album)..

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2010, 11:04:19 pm »

:thumbup

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2010, 12:11:45 am »

I think that song is the greatest song ever recorded,sorry if i am over the top but i just think it is perfection!
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2010, 12:17:05 am »
So many great ones to chose from but i'll go for Dogs.

This.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2010, 10:49:23 pm »
Just listening to "Fat old Sun"... Fuck me that guitar solo is fantastic!!

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2010, 09:52:32 pm »
Fuck me that's good. Gilmour is one of the all-time greats. There's so much expression in that first little figure he plays at the beginning

wow pheeny. tops.
Yep.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2010, 11:04:13 am »
Pink Floyd have been a big part of my musical life since as far back as I can remember. I'm a metal-head at heart, but I regularly listen to Floyd. My favourite album is Meddle, I just think it's absolutely perfect in every way. Favourite song is Dogs, I think it encaspulates everything about Pink Floyd in one song. I'm going to start playing Floyd for my 10 year old lad soon, he's into Metallica, Iron Maiden, early Kiss (!!) and Muse at the moment, I think he needs to get into some Floyd.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2010, 05:11:28 pm »
incidentally, I changed my sig before arriving in this thread yesterday.. strange but dull,..
Yep.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2010, 09:46:38 pm »
I'm listening to some Lounge and chillout radio on iTunes and all of a sudden this ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmsiKo5deSU ) comes on. The solo starts @ 2:42.... Remind you of anything?? At first I thought "WTF? THIEVES" but then I read the describtion of the song posted by user mavdrb and it made more sense to me.

Recycling or simply variations over a well-known theme?

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2010, 09:59:43 am »
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Offline Istanbul, 2005

• Strong believer in UKIP's domestic and European policies.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mersey paradise
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2011, 08:04:16 pm »
They gave me one of the best moments of my life when I saw them live, absolutely fantastic. Couldn´t sleep that night at all. It was without Roger though, who is a big favourite of mine but saw the Wall in London this year so it was great to see him aswell. Remember when I saw them all play in 2005 at the Live 8, so emotional and so fucking good. Propably the best band ever after Beatles.

Favourite songs:

* Comfortably numb - Gilmours Solo on the live versions is one of the most magnificent pieces of music ever created.
* Wish you were
* Have a Cigar
* Pigs on the wing (three diffrent ones)
* Us and them
* Shine on you crazy diamond
* Mother
* Brain Damage
* Fearless
* Happiest days of our lives/another brick in the wall
At Half time AC thought they had us beat
The Blueshite were dancing in the North Wales Streets
But Stevie G played like a man posessed
And all they have now is their Bitterness!

How do you sleep at night Duckenfield?

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2011, 08:15:05 pm »
my lad is 23 and loves Floyd.

I'm 21 and they're possibly my favourite band :)

They'll never get too old

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2011, 11:11:19 am »
So decided to ransack mothers attic in search of cassettes, mainly for the little one sat in the back during car journeys. Loads of good stuff found, but found one cassette that I never thought I'd find again, a TDK copy of Ummagumma. I have GOT to get this on vinyl. It's about 26 years old, and blow me, it still works, and a major companion to early forays into Morroco's finest export. I had completely forgotton about Grantchester Meadows. 'Jesus turn it off!' the wife cried... 'ah but wait', it's full of noise and clangs and drums,  interspersed with lilting pastoral passages. Driving thru the countryside, went down brilliantly.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7GfV2PJmlQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z7GfV2PJmlQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Too many versions on youtube without that thwack! of the fly at the end.  :missus

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2011, 12:28:14 pm »
Loads of good stuff found, but found one cassette that I never thought I'd find again, a TDK copy of Ummagumma. I have GOT to get this on vinyl.
Might be able to help there - a friend's father has passed away and I've been asked to catalogue the simply massive collection of vinyl he had. They're sure that there's plenty of Pink Floyd in there, all original, all good nick.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2011, 05:00:47 pm »
Might be able to help there - a friend's father has passed away and I've been asked to catalogue the simply massive collection of vinyl he had. They're sure that there's plenty of Pink Floyd in there, all original, all good nick.

I'd be very interested to give it a good home. Some honour to be asked to catalogue something like that. All going on eBay?

been enjoying Ummagumma today. Belting album. Arguably one of the best screams in rock is the one dealt up on this, and one which you've known for a loooong time it seems :)  ... And that lovely drum rim beat early on.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BPgAM31N5Co?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BPgAM31N5Co?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2011, 05:09:58 pm »
Sure thing, will let you know and yes it's an honour and a scary prospect. Trying to avoid eBay as much as I can - too messy - gonna use discogs and private collectors where I can.

As for *that* scream, I prefer the live version at Pompeii ;D

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2011, 05:58:42 pm »
my lad is 23 and loves Floyd.
My 16 and 12 year olds love them as do my elder lads.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2011, 11:03:11 pm »
Set the controls... been on synch with track 1/2/3 etc (Umma)... fabulously enjoyable. Where's my blim?

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2011, 11:33:21 pm »
I know I probably come across as an old curmugeon sometimes, but how did this LP come in at number 5?

Offline scouser14

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2011, 04:32:59 am »
Shine On
Echoes
Dogs
Wish You Were Here
Great Gig in the Sky
One of these days
Eclipse
Julia Dream
Asronome Domine
Time
Us & Them
The Gunners Dream
Atom Heart Mother Suite
Set the Contols
See Emily Play
Welcome to the Machine
Arnold Layne
Fletcher Memorial Home
Mudmen
Several Species
Brain Damage

etc. etc. etc..........

Offline The Scouseologist

• Weak-bladdered, ultimately repentant pie-hog
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2011, 09:57:10 am »
Brain Damage into Eclipse, just love the lyric "the lunatic is on the grass." Going to get the DSOTM album cover tattoed with that lyric with it.

Closely followed by Shine on you crazy diamond.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2011, 11:09:47 pm »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 1, 2011, 08:29:54 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUYzQaCCt2o&feature=relmfu      8)

Went to the show in Copenhagen 4 days prior to this recording. Fantastic performance then and with Gilmour it must have been AMAZING to be there... :thumbup

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 2, 2011, 03:32:47 am »

I had every Floyd album on vinyl. All sitting in the ex wife's loft, unless she's chucked em. Along with all my video's etc etc...  :butt

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2011, 04:20:28 pm »
BBC4 Pink Floyd night 16th September

21:30–22:30 The Pink Floyd Story: Which One's Pink?
Film about one of the biggest brand names and best-loved bands in the world, Pink Floyd. (R)

22:30–23:30 A Pink Floyd Miscellany 1967-2005
Including Arnold Layne, Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2) and Grantchester Meadows.

23:30–00:30 Pink Floyd: Live in Pompeii
A Pink Floyd concert film shot in the ruins of Pompeii in 1972.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2011, 06:48:51 pm »
BBC4 Pink Floyd night 16th September

21:30–22:30 The Pink Floyd Story: Which One's Pink?
Film about one of the biggest brand names and best-loved bands in the world, Pink Floyd. (R)

22:30–23:30 A Pink Floyd Miscellany 1967-2005
Including Arnold Layne, Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2) and Grantchester Meadows.

23:30–00:30 Pink Floyd: Live in Pompeii
A Pink Floyd concert film shot in the ruins of Pompeii in 1972.

Link to online stream of this?? Pretty please...? With sugar on top??

Offline Demandred

• Do not forsake me oh my darlin
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'll be waiting, with a gun & a pack of sandwiches
« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2011, 07:11:04 pm »
Link to online stream of this?? Pretty please...? With sugar on top??

BBC stuff streams live on their website. If you're a Johnny Foreigner then I've been told that expat shield works very well, though can't vouch for it myself

Offline Bondred

• Wouldn't know a palindrome from an emordnilap. Hi, I'm Bond. Blames Bond.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2011, 07:15:40 pm »
Brain Damage and Comfortably Numb
'If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains.'

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2011, 07:32:14 pm »
BBC stuff streams live on their website. If you're a Johnny Foreigner then I've been told that expat shield works very well, though can't vouch for it myself

Yes, I'm Johnny. Cheers mate. I'll deffo give it a go... :wave

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2011, 07:42:12 pm »
Everyone I knew who was into a pot from the early 80's was into Floyd, man. I actually thought they were called 'Floyd Man' for about 2 years till I realised there was actually a 'Pink' at the front of it. Suppose having Pink in the name of a group you're into wasn't the done thing if you want to be on the special, so 'Floyd' or 'Floyd Man' it was, and whilst they are/were good they never really hit me like others, well not enough to name my Staff after them and then mooch around the match with a Dear-stalker on. I'd say mid-eighties there must have been about a 1000 staffs called Floyd in Liverpool. Call your dog and about 5 came running. Strangely me dad got into Floyd Man at the age of 68. Now thats a novelty I reckon...though it did coincide with me supplying him with some rather sweet (If I may say so myself)and mellow pollen, to help him deal with his Glaucoma.

Thats my Floyd Man interest over anyway. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2011, 05:27:14 am »
Everyone I knew who was into a pot from the early 80's was into Floyd, man. I actually thought they were called 'Floyd Man' for about 2 years till I realised there was actually a 'Pink' at the front of it. Suppose having Pink in the name of a group you're into wasn't the done thing if you want to be on the special, so 'Floyd' or 'Floyd Man' it was, and whilst they are/were good they never really hit me like others, well not enough to name my Staff after them and then mooch around the m
atch with a Dear-stalker on. I'd say mid-eighties there must have been about a 1000 staffs called Floyd in Liverpool. Call your dog and about 5 came running. Strangely me dad got into Floyd Man at the age of 68. Now thats a novelty I reckon...though it did coincide with me supplying him with some rather sweet (If I may say so myself)and mellow pollen, to help him deal with his Glaucoma.

Thats my Floyd Man interest over anyway.

Thought you was some weird Gandalf type character at first.

:)
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2011, 02:43:38 pm »
'Welcome my son, welcome to the machine'
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2011, 02:51:52 pm »
Animals...what a fucking class album

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2011, 04:48:10 pm »
Anyone popping for the Immersion box sets? 

Offline clacke

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2011, 08:53:15 am »
All weekend the official Pink Floyd YouTube channel is streaming continuously every hour, on the hour a previously unreleased performance of Dark Side Of The Moon performed live at Wembley, November 1974;
http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialPinkFloyd

Offline RedSam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2011, 09:16:03 am »

Pre-ordered all 3. Just got an email confirming Dark Side has been dispatched. Good thing I'm off tomorrow. Might take the rest of the week off............

Online gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2011, 09:49:27 am »

Pre-ordered all 3. Just got an email confirming Dark Side has been dispatched. Good thing I'm off tomorrow. Might take the rest of the week off............

Bought Dark Side today in the shop. Just saw it, had a look at whats inside and bought it. Shop assistant said Wish you was here was coming out in November, so assuming the 3rd will be The Wall. Are these collectors stuff or going to be available for longer?
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline FinnishRed

• Frog in a liquidiser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities...
« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2011, 10:03:30 am »
All weekend the official Pink Floyd YouTube channel is streaming continuously every hour, on the hour a previously unreleased performance of Dark Side Of The Moon performed live at Wembley, November 1974;
http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialPinkFloyd

Just the audio?

Online gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2011, 11:47:17 am »
Just opened the box. very nice.

Didn't read the stuff on the top of the back of the box so was a nice surprise. Only read what was on the discs.

:)
Obi-Wan: