Author Topic: Away Games  (Read 305975 times)

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Away Games
« Reply #240 on: May 17, 2013, 06:49:36 pm »
On the first day of sale the TO forgot to add the 13 game requirement meaning that some got tickets with 0 credits

They really are the most incompetent buffoons, aren't they ?

Offline simsim

• Kopite
  • High tempo pass and move is the Liverpool groove
« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2013, 07:58:22 pm »

Thats a good thing sometimes, no?

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2013, 08:37:13 pm »
Thats a good thing sometimes, no?

It's a good thing if it works in your favour, yes. But the problem with dealing with the ticket-office is that, however you contact them, you never know what level of incompetence you are going to be subjected to.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2013, 08:28:22 am »
The season the ticket office swapped over to the points system they missed about 4 aways off from the previous year.

Offline 6 Euros

• Soon to be worth about a tenner!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #244 on: May 20, 2013, 11:23:16 am »
including Fulham sale to date and Newcastle sale to 4 aways :
14 aways - 19 aways
10 aways - 18 aways
9 aways - 14 aways
8 aways  - 13 aways
6 aways  - 12 aways
5 aways  - 9 aways
4 aways  - 8 aways
3 aways  - up to 3 aways due to limited numbers
2 aways  - 1 away
1 aways  - 1 away but limited due to number of applicants exceeding amount on sale.

Paul, thanks for posting this and the other spreadsheet. Much appreciated, I was going to do something similar.
"The whole of my life, what they wanted was honesty. They were not concerned with cultured football, but with triers who gave one hundred percent." Bob Paisley on the Kop

Offline bono1712

• Kopite
  • "Shankly is our hero he showed us how to play"
« Reply #245 on: May 21, 2013, 07:50:29 am »
my mate got sent 4 tickets for fulham instead of 3 he ordered but as they were all together he assumed he'd been charged for 4... so 4 of them went down... when the lad with the 4th ticket tried to get in it wouldn't let him... he went to the fulham ticket office who told him that it'd been cancelled as it has been reported stolen... the lad got in with it in the end due to  bein persistant and having all the other tickets with him
@bono1712

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2013, 12:15:51 am »
The fairest way is to keep the system as it is, but also out a small percentage on general sale. For those getting them in the general sale, no loyalty is awarded but it gives everyone a chance without totally closing the shop.

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
  • Brainwashing the kids with Anfield delight
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2013, 09:35:41 am »
That would still close access to the loyalty ladder, and in turn potentially affect membership sales. If there is another club where this works then it would be interesting to hear the fans' take on it.

The only methods that have been mentioned that are used by other over subscribed Premiership teams are ballot (ManU) and loyalty points (Arsenal). Of the two, the points system would at least be related to loyalty. 
Yes, we are good enough.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2013, 12:15:53 pm »
Man city have done a cross competition loyalty system for years. Not sure exactly how it works but I think you are more heavily rewarded for the less attractive matches. This seems better than our system. The utd ballot system seems the worst but its possible they've had a closed shop for years.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:18:29 pm by willss »

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2013, 01:00:06 pm »
It wouldn't close access as you could have two sales. By keeping back a small percentage for a "general sale" for which you have to be a member, it gives people a chance who wouldn't usually get a ticket.

You could still sell the other tickets in the usual manner. Surely thats the best way? People who go everywhere can still do so, but it allows others in.

No brainer if you ask me. Or just leave it as it is

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2013, 01:16:21 pm »

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: May 22, 2013, 01:31:57 pm »
Man city have done a cross competition loyalty system for years. Not sure exactly how it works but I think you are more heavily rewarded for the less attractive matches. This seems better than our system.
Not really because people will still buy for points, so that's pointless.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: May 22, 2013, 07:17:22 pm »
Not really because people will still buy for points, so that's pointless.
no they wouldn't as its much more difficult to shift northampton at home in the league cup than it is for everton away. Applying larger credits for the less fashionable games rewards loyalty.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2013, 07:23:46 pm »
no they wouldn't as its much more difficult to shift northampton at home in the league cup than it is for everton away. Applying larger credits for the less fashionable games rewards loyalty.
Ahh I didn't realise you meant home and away combine. Wouldn't happen anyway, nor would it work.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:26:44 pm by DougLFC94 »

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #254 on: May 23, 2013, 10:29:07 am »
Ahh I didn't realise you meant home and away combine. Wouldn't happen anyway, nor would it work.

Why wouldn't it happen? Happens elsewhere. I'm of the opinion that a continued 'closed shop' will not happen as the tone of the TO retort on the issue suggests that the club would see the impossibilty of ascending the loyalty ladder as a bad thing.

Why wouldn't it work? I can only assume that you mean that because it would be more complicated that our TO wouldn't be able to manage. This is something that could be overcome surely.
Yes, we are good enough.

Offline KM519

• Kopite
« Reply #255 on: May 23, 2013, 12:40:45 pm »
You'd think that getting away games through the club are some kind of impossibility. The facts would say otherwise, especially over the past 2-3 seasons. Granted, it's tough to get going (especially currently), but there are multiple factors that play a part in getting tickets - team success, cost, fixture order and days, and teams present in the league. It's seems somewhat cyclical in that there is a need for lower teams in the league that have larger stadiums (and aren't particularly "glamorous") need to be there...at least to get people off to a start of getting 3 or 4 credits. Off this baseline, you then need to scrap like hell to push up to 5, 6, or 7 credits. This might take 2-3 seasons...again if the aforementioned factors are there. Once you get to 7 or around that number, another big effort to get to 10, and you'll have broken though IMO - though these numbers will obviously change depending on the circumstances.

The way things are...getting from 0-3 is a tall order, perhaps impossible. But over the next couple of seasons, things will change - no doubt. They may get even harder if we re-enter the top four. They may get easier if we go nowhere or backwards.

Time will tell, but whatever happens, just be ready to take action when opportunity comes.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #256 on: May 23, 2013, 03:41:48 pm »
noticed the last few season's there are some away's that do go lower which some don't go for example sunderland and Norwich are low allocations yet they have all dropped really low to the likes of 3/4 aways and Norwich was even a 3pm Saturday kick off, based upon other games Norwich could of sold on at least 10+ away games last season. whether your on 0 credits, 3 credits or 7 credits always keep an eye out because you just never know.

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #257 on: May 23, 2013, 05:14:29 pm »
bottom line away games are a hassle for the club and ticket office. they dont really care as they make no money from them just the aggro of having to sell the tickets. as long as anfield is full and the club shop is bustling why do people think it matters if aways are a closed shop to them. the way they sell them is fair and unless something drastic happens they will not change it. memberships are purchased to help get home tickets not aways. the money is made from anfield and that is all they will care about.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #258 on: May 23, 2013, 05:53:41 pm »
bottom line away games are a hassle for the club and ticket office. they dont really care as they make no money from them just the aggro of having to sell the tickets. as long as anfield is full and the club shop is bustling why do people think it matters if aways are a closed shop to them. the way they sell them is fair and unless something drastic happens they will not change it. memberships are purchased to help get home tickets not aways. the money is made from anfield and that is all they will care about.
Spot on.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #259 on: May 23, 2013, 06:19:57 pm »
The TO cared enough to make a statement about it.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/away-ticket-sales-breakdown

The tone suggests that the inability to climb the ladder would be seen as a negative thing. If I had the credits myself I'd find it quite easy to support the status quo I suppose. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled over the coming year as many would have gone back to zero - maybe those on 1, 2 or 3.

I wouldnt be surprised if the points system came in as it could lead to Carling Cup games and future Europa League games ticket prices going up. i.e. If you went to Northampton Town at home you might be given 6pts whereas the Everton home game gets you just one. People would see that as worth while buying if it bumped your credit score up. Actually, I'm surprised all the over-subscribed teams aren't already doing it.
Yes, we are good enough.

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2013, 09:09:21 am »
Spurs run a points system. My mate used to all the aways and has a season ticket so he amassed hundreds of points. He'd not been to a single European away in their European Cup run but automatically qualified for tickets at the San Siro and Bernabeu.

That fair, if others who had been to every game missed out?

Offline annieroadaggro

• Kopite
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2013, 09:50:56 am »
The people on here spouting off about how it's unfair they can't get on the away ladder etc etc are really getting on my tits. Just because the system doesn't suit them as they have no away credits. And they think they have some God given right to be allowed on the ladder at the expense of people with long standing away loyalty - do one.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2013, 11:01:02 am »
The people on here spouting off about how it's unfair they can't get on the away ladder etc etc are really getting on my tits. Just because the system doesn't suit them as they have no away credits. And they think they have some God given right to be allowed on the ladder at the expense of people with long standing away loyalty - do one.
well said mate totally agree

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #263 on: May 25, 2013, 12:07:04 pm »

here here

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2013, 12:23:58 pm »

Likewise, you don't appreciate chat of an alternative system because it might not suit you just because you want to remain on that ladder. Nothing wrong with talking about it. Shit attitude of yours to suggest otherwise.

People just want to watch the games. Seems a lot of those on the "ladder" Just want the credits, given the amount of cockneys that populate the away ends in London matches. They must get the tickets from somewhere...
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2013, 12:48:03 pm »

Tend to agree with this. 4 years ago I had zero credits - I now have 19. It can be done.

As I've said previously, they should put a small percentage on general sale or do a ballot. That would be the only fair way to allow those with zero in.

Simple fact is, demand exceeds supply and the current system is probably the fairest.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2013, 09:23:31 pm »
I had always wanted to be on the ladder for years and finally got my chance under hodgson, could of got more that season even last year could of kicked myself for not getting 1 or 2 more I could of got but I accept I am now on 13 and took the chance, like others said it can be done. its either wait until the chance comes along or you've got the exchange. its impossible to find the ones who just buy for the credits and sell and no matter what theirs never going to be a fair system, the system is fair to a degree that the ones who have acquired and been the most get to buy a ticket however its unfair in the fact some do it to just sell them on and go to likes of everton, united aways etc so unfortunately its the best system we are going to get.

Offline redmen27

• Main Stander
« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2013, 10:20:03 pm »
Its not the fact that anyone is annoyed with the same people attending the away games. Fair play if you can but its people who are buying for loyality and selling on.  Newcastle was a joke this year with the spare seats in the stadium and the ammount of spares knocking around.
It wont change by LFC in the near future.
If theres no one at the crossroads..... give er loads!!!

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #268 on: May 27, 2013, 10:26:56 am »
The current system is fair to the point its closed. Then it needs to revised in order to retain its integrity, a small revision perhaps. If the club decided to ballot the last 200 tickets of every game then there would be a way in (pretty crap idea maybe).

Its a bit disappointing to see so many views that'll leave the creditless praying for the return of Hodgson.
Yes, we are good enough.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: May 27, 2013, 05:44:18 pm »
next season looks asif we are going to have Cardiff 2,000 allocation, hull 2,400 allocation and palace from findings around 2,800 allocation.

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #270 on: May 27, 2013, 08:06:15 pm »
next season looks asif we are going to have Cardiff 2,000 allocation, hull 2,400 allocation and palace from findings around 2,800 allocation.
Do you think that this will make it even harder to get away tickets when you compare these to the 3 relegated teams?

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: May 27, 2013, 08:10:57 pm »
Do you think that this will make it even harder to get away tickets when you compare these to the 3 relegated teams?

With no credits you won't get a chance apart from spares especially with the demand for always increasing.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: May 27, 2013, 08:48:39 pm »
for Cardiff and hull your possibly looking at the 10 credit mark, palace possibly around 6 or 7 credits, all depends if their popular aways or not and when they are really. those on the 3/4 credit mark are looking at likes of Newcastle, Southampton and London midweeks to have any chance next season cant see them going lower than that really now that we don't have wigan, Blackburn, Bolton.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:51:36 pm by paulsheridan08 »

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: May 27, 2013, 08:53:32 pm »
I have a feeling anyone trying to get on the ladder at the moment is just going to be doomed for eternity and live a life of feeding off scraps(from the exchange).

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: May 27, 2013, 08:58:19 pm »
I have a feeling anyone trying to get on the ladder at the moment is just going to be doomed for eternity and live a life of feeding off scraps(from the exchange).
someone who wants to start really needs to hope that wigan, Bolton and Blackburn to come back up get them 3 then the following season look at hopefully Newcastle and Southampton being in the league and get them on top of their usual 3. it is possible its just a sake of waiting for high allocation clubs to come up and build them up that way, id say that's the way most have started. know a mate who actually started by just getting wigan every season when it was season ticket holders only getting aways bar the big wigan allocation and the moment aways started going to members he used that 1 credit to get himself to 6 in 1 season. I could say the same thing with fa cup credits tho, ive got united and its not helped by us getting 2-3k allocation in the cup. realistically need at least a 6k of getting my aways up in the fa cup.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:00:48 pm by paulsheridan08 »

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2013, 09:04:26 pm »
The only thing I think needs changing about the away's is that there are people who don't go to the homes but have credits to go to most aways.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2013, 09:05:40 pm »
The only thing I think needs changing about the away's is that there are people who don't go to the homes but have credits to go to most aways.
its like that at most of the top clubs mate, I know a lad whos a Chelsea fan he only goes to the odd game at home but to all the aways.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2013, 09:08:27 pm »
someone who wants to start really needs to hope that wigan, Bolton and Blackburn to come back up get them 3 then the following season look at hopefully Newcastle and Southampton being in the league and get them on top of their usual 3. it is possible its just a sake of waiting for high allocation clubs to come up and build them up that way, id say that's the way most have started. know a mate who actually started by just getting wigan every season when it was season ticket holders only getting aways bar the big wigan allocation and the moment aways started going to members he used that 1 credit to get himself to 6 in 1 season. I could say the same thing with fa cup credits tho, ive got united and its not helped by us getting 2-3k allocation in the cup. realistically need at least a 6k of getting my aways up in the fa cup.

To be honest, I don't think even that would do it. Didn't Wigan drop to 1 or 2 this season? Aways are becoming more popular than they have been for a while. A lot of people got on when hodgson was dragging us down, even they might struggle as a lot of games won't drop below 5 now. Good or bad though, spares aren't difficult to come by.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2013, 09:15:35 pm »
To be honest, I don't think even that would do it. Didn't Wigan drop to 1 or 2 this season? Aways are becoming more popular than they have been for a while. A lot of people got on when hodgson was dragging us down, even they might struggle as a lot of games won't drop below 5 now. Good or bad though, spares aren't difficult to come by.
that's true yeah, Blackburn would probably be the best bet, 2 years of anyone on 0 getting on has built up to a point where you cant get on the ladder especially when theirs going to be at least 4k on 1 away so anyones hoping for an allocation over 4k really to get on the ladder. 4,400 went to Bolton last season so with wigan being a smaller allocation it was bound to sell on 1 away. and with them fans i.e me from the hodgson era will all be near top credits and those getting on last season will have it to at least 7 or 8 now so quite a lot being around them credits and wanting to get to full credits/stay on the ladder are going to keep it where no one can get on the ladder at this point in time.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2013, 09:44:10 pm »

No chance.

Aways = blag a kids, good laugh with yer mates, visit different grounds and cities, good atmosphere & standing all together.

Homes = £45+ to watch a mid table team, sitting down with no atmosphere, can't get tickets next to your mates, jobsworth stewards and a load of wools.