Author Topic: FSG Thread  (Read 3379 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
FSG Thread
« on: August 13, 2017, 11:10:11 am »
Now clearly, I'm as happy as anyone that this particular thread has been closed. Joyous in fact.

However....just wondering if it might be an idea to re-open it.....? If only to funnel the absolutely insane amounts of posts criticising the owners into one place. I've got a horrible feeling over the next three or four days we're going to get a LOT of press about Coutinho, Klopp, FSG, not being backed, going back on the idea that he has control over transfers, VVD, Keita, transfers, scouting etc etc. We're going to get a lot of dirty tricks from his rat of an agent over the next three weeks, I dare say there'll be lines fed to the press about the manager being annoyed with the owners or vice versa (there's utter shite appearing on twitter already) and it'd be nice for the pre and post match threads and players threads being about that rather than tin foil hat wearers moaning about what they're being fed in the press.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: FSG Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 12:41:14 pm »
Counterpoint - I don't think FSG have done much wrong so far that hasn't already been said, the window is still open.

The FSG thread ends up really cyclical anyway, the same old arguments and posters circle it like a drain (we've both banged our heads on some of the weird & tired agendas it brings up, Lobo!)

I understand about the negative posts swamping everything, but nominating any one thread for them will funnel them into it like a toxic waste dump. I suppose it's whether it's better / easier having lots of spread out posts with individual rules enforced per thread (like no FSG in the Coutinho thread), or one big dump for all these negative posts.

I get what you want and I absolutely think it would be nicer to have threads that aren't just full of kneejerk negativity and overreaction that gets passed up to the business end of the club for footballing decisions... but to me that's more of a culture thing (and not just RAWK culture, it's footie / modern culture - Twitter is downright embarassing after we don't win a match) and we would probably just end up with more toxicity with one particularly horrible thread being a particular dumping ground.

My 2 cents :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:45:14 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 09:31:02 pm »
Our owners care about money not success and their shambolic transfer window so far needs questions asked of them. If we fail to capitalise on another CL qualification it's negligence of the highest order. We'll not go anywhere with FSG. We need to be able to discuss them in a thread.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 09:32:05 pm »
Our owners care about money not success and their shambolic transfer window so far needs questions asked of them. If we fail to capitalise on another CL qualification it's negligence of the highest order. We'll not go anywhere with FSG. We need to be able to discuss them in a thread.

Your post just perfectly encapsulates why there shouldn't be a FSG thread.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 10:08:46 pm »
Your post just perfectly encapsulates why there shouldn't be a FSG thread.

How dare there be a thread and discussion on our owners.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 10:14:23 pm »
How dare there be a thread and discussion on our owners.

There has been for years and it gets out of control IMO, see my post above for my tuppence worth.

But: All people want to do at the moment is discuss transfer gripes....

Exhibit A

Our owners care about money not success and their shambolic transfer window so far

For which there is a whoooooole forum.

I doubt it's about censorship, having spent a lot of time in that thread and seen every discussion possible, nothing was censored... so don't play that card. You've gotten a whole forum to discuss what is current; there's no FSG news to discuss anyway (I do look) so God knows what else there is to discuss; what's one thread to a whole forum for the transfer window?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:17:44 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 10:42:44 pm »
There has been for years and it gets out of control IMO, see my post above for my tuppence worth.

But: All people want to do at the moment is discuss transfer gripes....

Exhibit A

For which there is a whoooooole forum.

I doubt it's about censorship, having spent a lot of time in that thread and seen every discussion possible, nothing was censored... so don't play that card. You've gotten a whole forum to discuss what is current; there's no FSG news to discuss anyway (I do look) so God knows what else there is to discuss; what's one thread to a whole forum for the transfer window?

So we can't discuss FSG in the transfer forum.
We can't discuss FSG in the LFC forum.
Why can't we discuss FSG and the damage they are doing to our club? Shall we all just stick our fingers in our ears and our hands over our eyes?
What's it like surrounded by candy floss and care bears?
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Thoros Of Myr

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 10:59:57 pm »
Lads its grand.

Ignore our bench of under 23's. Don't be so negative. We can still compete.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 11:03:51 pm »
Reeves, I'm not answering you because 1) I'm not a mod, I'm just saying my own understanding of why it's locked and why I agree with it, and 2)

Is a bit too close to you having a go at me personally because you want something you can't have and I see the logic in it.

Ask a mod! Or wait for one to come in! Or post elsewhere! I've asked them to look at this thread.

::) This thread is in the feedback section of RAWK yknow. I'm more Plugg...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:19:32 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 11:09:26 pm »
Ask a mod! ..I've asked them to look at this thread.

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 11:17:50 pm »
So we can't discuss FSG in the transfer forum.
We can't discuss FSG in the LFC forum.
Why can't we discuss FSG and the damage they are doing to our club? Shall we all just stick our fingers in our ears and our hands over our eyes?
If there's an open discussion about FSG presently I reckon most people engaging will have a single agenda and it won't quite contextualise our present situation which may be completely different in 2-weeks. I suggest we leave it to an appropriate time. I haven't conferred with the other Mods and perhaps someone may think there's a debate to have right now. I think it's premature personally :)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 11:32:43 pm »
It's fucking boring. You can search posts by the usual names going back years with the same old garbage. Or rather the ever-changing garbage.

'They're a hedge fund, they won't be here long'.

'Only interested in the money,  they'll be off once the first decent bid comes in...'

'Only interested in the money, the stadium expansion is all bollocks and it'll never actually happen...'

And so on, and so on...

There are interesting things to discuss about the current owners but it's drowned out by the same fucking evidence free shite anytime anyone tries to have a sensible discussion.

People who can't even be arsed to learn the difference between a hedge fund and a sports investment business. People who keep fucking banging on about FSG wanting the cash for players when they don't take dividends.
People who go through all sorts of gymnastics to explain why we've broken our transfer record this season and are clearly trying to smash it with bids of £50 - £70 million. Or why they've turned down crazy bids for Coutinho wth no idea if Barca will come back in higher.

It's the fact that pretty much everything is a moan with absolute confidence about what FSG won't be doing in the future. Confidence that is never shaken by the fact that their predictions are proven to be bollocks over and over again. 

It's tiresome and the mods have better things to do. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 08:06:50 am »
Is it allowed to discuss the performance of Michael Edwards; and the reason why we ended up with the net balance of : Salah in; Couthino on the sideline; in spite of having loads of cash and the extra burden of playing CL-football ?
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 08:26:41 am »
Is it allowed to discuss the performance of Michael Edwards; and the reason why we ended up with the net balance of : Salah in; Couthino on the sideline; in spite of having loads of cash and the extra burden of playing CL-football ?

Has the window closed without me knowing or something? Did his performance make Barcelona fuck up planning for Neymars exit and bid for Coutinho?

This is the sort of shite which makes me glad it's not open at the moment.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 08:32:07 am »

What is there to discuss? That's the point. It's premature. Getting angry about what might happen.

The window closes in two weeks at which point we'll actually have something to discuss. There are plenty of things to get angry about around the world. It's the manufactured anger that's so boring. 

And even if the window does turn out as you suggest, most of us still will have no idea exactly what happened. You say you want to talk about Edwards and Coutinho. What do you know exactly? It's pretty clear that the timing of Coutinho's decision to push for a move was directly related to the unprecedented transfer fee paid by PSG to activate Neymar's release clause. Barcelona didn't foresee it so how the fuck is Edwards implicated?

The interesting thing to do and what this place is best at when it does it, is for someone to take the facts, sift the evidence and put together a thought-provoking OP that generates a discussion. BabaYagu's Hoffenheim round table is a perfect example.

Does the world really need another ten, twenty people telling the world that 'Moreno is shit'? Or that 'FSG are only in it for the money'.

Do a bit of work. Write something interesting about FSG when the window's closed. Do a piece on the investment model that FSG and other foreign investors are using. It's clearly not the cardboard cutout bollocks that is usually spouted by their detractors. People might engage and you might educate people.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 09:32:28 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 09:34:42 am »
Locked.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)