Author Topic: The sheer incomprehensible injustice of Liverpool doing well…(extremely well)!  (Read 86154 times)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Badge of honour us getting beat was the highlight of the season.

We're a magnificent boss AF team, a machine and everyone hates and fears what we're doing under Klopp.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
We’re now getting ‘gifted’ the title. There’s about 10 teams being gifted Premier League survival if it goes to PPG.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You seem more concerned about what others think mate.  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
We’re now getting ‘gifted’ the title. There’s about 10 teams being gifted Premier League survival if it goes to PPG.
:lmao

A team so far ahead that Usain Bolt couldn't catch them are being 'gifted' the title. 😂
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
I don't care, we deserve it and if someone suggests otherwise I only need three guesses to find out who he supports.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
I'm not getting the idea from those that think this season should be cancelled and start again. There is no way next season is guaranteed if we cancel this season. This season is 3/4 through, finish it (even if it takes ages) and then worry about next season afterwards.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
To be more precise mate 78% of the season has been done.  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't care, we deserve it and if someone suggests otherwise I only need three guesses to find out who he supports.

And all three of your guesses would probably be right.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan

City more or less bought the league, is that not a gift

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
City more or less bought the league, is that not a gift
No, it was a purchase.

The gift was that hardly any side in the league apart from Liverpool and a very few others had the guts to even try to give them a game.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
All of this bitterness will disappear with time.

I don't think people will ultimately begrudge us of the title if we win it without the season being complete.

Emotions are flying high right now and yes there are some dumb sh*ts in the fullness of time the facts will speak for themselves.

I actually think the best case scenario from a public health perspective would be to just award us the title now and perhaps award CL to City (pending outcome of UEFA ban) and Leicester, have a mini league/knock out for Chelsea-Sheffield for CL (3 games each at neutral venues plus a final maybe?) and another for Spurs-Palace for Europa (3 games at neutral venues plus a final maybe?). Brighton to Norwich can have a relegation mini-league (5 games only at neutral venues plus a playoff final). Everton, Southamton and Newcastle can just be satisfied that they won't get relegated. They're not likely to get to European places.

This way what you're doing is reducing the number of games from potentially 94 by about half. You could do that potentially over 3 weeks.

Yes there's going to be some moaning, but at the end of the day expecting some miraculous solution that will make everyone happy and keep people safe is unrealistic. The advantage of the mini-league approach is everyone that has something to play for would be playing their peers for European football/survival. If you don't think you're good enough to prevail against your peers, then maybe the problem is with your team.

I don't think it's a perfect solution, but to be honest I think a lot of clubs need to harden up and realise that this is a once in a century (hopefully) crisis and everyone needs to make some sacrifices.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
You seem more concerned about what others think mate.  ;D
Not concerned as such as I don’t think the decision makers take a lead from virgins on Twitter...however, I do find it exhausting what social media has done to the way football is consumed and discussed. It’s wild stuff.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Not concerned as such as I don’t think the decision makers take a lead from virgins on Twitter...however, I do find it exhausting what social media has done to the way football is consumed and discussed. It’s wild stuff.
Only if you pay attention to it though, or give it any credence or let it effect you one iota.

So many here seem so enraged and stressed and vituperative about the social media response and all the ''despicable scumbags'' and everything else. You see people saying things like ''I can't bear this anymore just hand us the title and end it'', and long, long screeds about the inhumanity of it all. You've got people suddenly welcoming the idea of the even more obscene capitalist moneytrough that would be a European Super League of some kind; a move that would decimate and destroy football as a community-based entity even more than it already has been. And all just because ''that'll show 'em''.

But it's all self-inflicted. It's so unnecessary. A Pyrrhic vengeance on the bottom 6 clubs or the PL or someone or other, some enemy that is ''asking for it'',  just to assuage a totally unnecessary rage.

There are many others, including me, who don't think or feel any of those things, who are about as stress free about football as it's possible to be at this time. I wonder what our secret is?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan

I don't think people will ultimately begrudge us of the title if we win it without the season being complete.

Emotions are flying high right now and yes there are some dumb sh*ts in the fullness of time the facts will speak for themselves.

I actually think the best case scenario from a public health perspective would be to just award us the title now and perhaps award CL to City (pending outcome of UEFA ban) and Leicester, have a mini league/knock out for Chelsea-Sheffield for CL (3 games each at neutral venues plus a final maybe?) and another for Spurs-Palace for Europa (3 games at neutral venues plus a final maybe?). Brighton to Norwich can have a relegation mini-league (5 games only at neutral venues plus a playoff final). Everton, Southamton and Newcastle can just be satisfied that they won't get relegated. They're not likely to get to European places.

This way what you're doing is reducing the number of games from potentially 94 by about half. You could do that potentially over 3 weeks.

Yes there's going to be some moaning, but at the end of the day expecting some miraculous solution that will make everyone happy and keep people safe is unrealistic. The advantage of the mini-league approach is everyone that has something to play for would be playing their peers for European football/survival. If you don't think you're good enough to prevail against your peers, then maybe the problem is with your team.

I don't think it's a perfect solution, but to be honest I think a lot of clubs need to harden up and realise that this is a once in a century (hopefully) crisis and everyone needs to make some sacrifices.

The main thing stopping this is $$$.
If they don't pay all of the games they lose lots of the broadcast income both domestic and international.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.

To be honest, I just don't think it will. That's just the way it is. We're a big club with a fantastic history, and the longer we don't win a league title, especially if it includes a season we dominated, the more others will enjoy.
Additionally, come a usual season's end, only a handful of teams and their supporters are truly happy with their season, the rest would absolutely enjoy a reboot if possible. You'll have 2-3 teams happy to have avoided relegation, the league champion, and 2 or so teams happy they just made it into Europe. I think for the rest, it's a bonus if they get void the season AND that also means we don't win a long awaited (yet practically guaranteed) title.

I'm not all too fussed when analysts, former players, current players, supporters, etc, try to push for voiding the season. It's out of our hands as it is, let's see what comes. Luckily for us, it's the financial concerns that may keep this season afloat. Ironically, it's the greed and capitalism mindset that may give us the best chance to complete the season.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Loving all the “haha, isn’t it hilarious they’ve been handed the title/won it by default shouts” like a) it’s been confirmed the season has finished already and b) as if we’re only a few points clear and it’s still in the balance.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
Honestly, I couldn't give a toss what other bitter dipshits who support other teams might crap on about - 'not real champions'...'..only with an asterisk' etc etc blah blah...

Nobody - absolutely nobody - can argue with the facts of what we've done this season. If City were to win their game in hand they'd be 22 points behind us with 9 games left each. That kind of lead is quite simply phenomenal and no amount of ungracious bleating from anyone can take it away, it's just an absolute fact.

I'm just proud of us.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
Take yourself off social media if that is negatively affecting your mood or your perception.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline jameswurr

• Boys Pen
I'm currently writing my Master's Dissertation on the Premier League's Project Restart. Would be really appreciated if any fellow Reds could fill out my survey. Will only take 10 minutes. Thanks!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PremierLeagueProjectRestart11

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
"hank you for completing my survey!"

;)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lPVCjpw2y_E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lPVCjpw2y_E</a>

The World War 3 bit is class.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lPVCjpw2y_E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lPVCjpw2y_E</a>

E.P.I.C.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
^
 :wellin

I'm now thinking Pewdiepie's "Bitch Lasagna".

Popcorn's Art

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
That's ace. All ugly fuckers as well, could be a RAWK collab
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
That's ace. All ugly fuckers as well, could be a RAWK collab

Think you'll find some of us are quite stunning.

"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Boss  8)

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
The asterisk talk is becoming more remote apart from a few blues and Mancs. The unbearable truth is that Liverpool will be worthy winners of this league. Ha!

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
The asterisk talk is becoming more remote apart from a few blues and Mancs. The unbearable truth is that Liverpool will be worthy winners of this league. Ha!
I think the fact we claimed the asterisk ourselves and now even Klopp has done so too, took the wind right out of their sails and pissed on their chips. The fun element and wind-up potential has been taken away from them. In fact, we are having more fun with it than they ever could have.

*😁

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Because we claimed it and then our Boss came out and asked to be given it  ;D

Or what he said.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
I think the fact we claimed the asterisk ourselves and now even Klopp has done so too, took the wind right out of their sails and pissed on their chips. The fun element and wind-up potential has been taken away from them. In fact, we are having more fun with it than they ever could have.

*😁

Because we claimed it and then our Boss came out and asked to be given it  ;D

Or what he said.
Yes. I guess, being unbearable requires one to appropriate the rival banter and turn it into a badge of honour, thus rendering it null and void...so to speak.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
There complaining about us being in more of an advert than the team we are playing against  :lmao :lmao :lmao

https://mobile.twitter.com/barnett78/status/1274776784467308545
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
Re: The sheer incomprehensible injustice of Liverpool doing well
« Reply #633 on: June 24, 2020, 02:53:08 pm »

*😁

I just tell the Liverpool haters to give us 3 or 4 * as it makes no difference - Liverpool are Premiership champions 2019 -2020  ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
The 5 stages of grief:

Stage 1 - LiVARpool
Stage 2 - Tainted title
Stage 3 - Null and void
Stage 4 - *
Stage 5 - NoBoDY cArEs ANyWaY

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS oN wInNiNg ThE sAmE nUmBeR oF pReMiEr LeAgUe TiTlEs As BlAcKbUrN aNd LeIcEsTer.

You can taste the tears.

Offline Willy Poolman

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never RAWK Alone
I got a text first thing this morning from a mate who is a lifelong Man City fan. He offered qualified congratulations on the Reds' success, "because it has taken thirty years". From a City fan ... bitter little geezer. At least he is not a glory hunter. Although he did bask in the reflected glory when Utd and Ferguson were doing well.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
The amount of sad bastards who think telling us we have won one title will diminish our happiness...

Nothing they say can can take the shine off it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I got chucked off my zoom meeting at work for asking if anyone watched the footy last night :D The salt is well and truly real!!!

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Of course this is unbearable for many rival fans but that's largely to do with the fact that they've crowed ever time we've stumbled or come up short. They have constructed a reality where Liverpool are tragic and comic failures incapable of rekindling past glories...

...so when the success returns their trumped-up hubris and schadenfreude is replaced with abject misery and salty bitterness. They should've seen this coming.  :wave