Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426644 times)

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O10e from Molde!" - Still manager of Manchester United!
« Reply #37400 on: November 5, 2019, 08:21:05 am »
Neither are racist......misconceptions, stereotypes maybe...but not racist. Singing about dogs being eaten in a particular country is maybe distasteful but not racially abusing anybody. Same goes for the size of anybody's penis...... Its just a song...its fictional.

Stereotypes based on race.

They’re racist songs.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O10e from Molde!" - Still manager of Manchester United!
« Reply #37401 on: November 5, 2019, 08:31:04 am »
They might put an 'X' next to Labour in the elections, but their attitude towards the working class population of a fellow working class neighbouring city is distinctly Tory. In fact, I'd go further and say it's disturbingly fascistic.

It's like PaulF says, its vitriol for football, the Kop in the 70's and 80's wasn't a nice place, some of the songs about Munich and Spurs and a certain death camp were fucking vile. Sadly, this kind of shit is creeping back into football. When you mix with the people away from football, they aren't far removed for us. Over the years I've worked with people from Eccles, Salford, Gorton, I've got mates from those areas and they are all like us, they want the same things we want.

Anyway, all off topic, these are still shit and it's ace. This week is all about the 6 times Champions of Europe aiming to extend their unbeaten run and lead at the top of the Prem over their noisy neighbours and it must be killing them.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I'm loving seeing their despair at how far away they are from competing again.

The depths they're falling to in an attempt to regain their top spot.

Their desperation for the next generation of youngsters coming through.

Their impatience and need for instant gratification.

What's really hilarious is that they've become the one thing they loved taking the piss out of.....US!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #37403 on: November 5, 2019, 09:01:46 am »
Mate, all of their insults come from real life political ideas or policies. They sing 'Sign On' because of the high levels of unemployment in Liverpool in the 80s, they sing 'In Your Liverpool Slums' because the city suffers from poverty and was almost cut adrift by Thatcher's government, they sing about 'eating rats in your council house' because they think social housing is to be sneered at, they sing 'always the victim' because they believed the establishment lies, I could go on...

Calling them inbreds isn't embracing them but it's not exactly based on decades of right-wing smear campaigns and political agendas either. It's easy to dismiss it as banter but when the British public votes Tory every four years because they hate 'benefit scroungers' and fans come to Anfield every week singing about claiming the dole it's hard to dismiss a link in the mindset. If the Mancs want to side with Thatcher, Johnson and The Sun then they are giving us every reason to label them Tories.
Another good post. This is the thing. There's a tendency to think that all 'banter' is the same and 'just banter' but it isn't. There's ridiculous over-exaggerated cartoon calumny - stuff like six-fingered inbreds and stuff involving sisters etc, which is so obviously not based on any verifiable truth (even if some of the fans we are aiming at are inbred sister-fingerers, how would we know?) that it's just a kind of verbal raspberry.

Then there's sledging in the 'we're gonna pound you' or 'rip you a new one' and even the thnakfully no-longer heard '...back of an ambulance' and similar stuff which is just verbal posturing. And then there's footballing shitchat that could be based in truth like 'Fergie's right' and  stuff about glory hunters etc.

But then there's the vile stuff based on true situations, tragedies, poverty, unemployment etc which really has no place in banter. It's not banter, it's not footballing exchanges, it's vilification of a people, a place, serious situations, political cynicism, social deprivation and devastation and so on. It might as well be racism because it is targeted at specific people/places and is born out of hate.

It needs to be fucked right off and no amount of hipster rhetoric about 'silencing the authentic voice of the terraces' or 'working class footballing traditions' should get in the way of clubs dealing with it.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37404 on: November 5, 2019, 09:05:07 am »
I'm loving seeing their despair at how far away they are from competing again.

The depths they're falling to in an attempt to regain their top spot.

Their desperation for the next generation of youngsters coming through.

Their impatience and need for instant gratification.

What's really hilarious is that they've become the one thing they loved taking the piss out of.....US!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They are replicating is in the early 90s aren’t they, but too even worse levels. Shipped out a few senior players too early when they could still do a job. Keep some of the more average senior pros. Pin faith in youth but without the talent of a Fowler or McManaman. Long may it last.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #37405 on: November 5, 2019, 12:24:02 pm »
They are replicating is in the early 90s aren’t they, but too even worse levels. Shipped out a few senior players too early when they could still do a job. Keep some of the more average senior pros. Pin faith in youth but without the talent of a Fowler or McManaman. Long may it last.

What are you on about, Rashford has the potential to be better the Mbappe ;)
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37406 on: November 5, 2019, 12:31:13 pm »
2018: our goal is to be top of the table - where we belong.
2019: our goal is getting back into the champions league - where we belong.
2020: our goal is getting back into Europe - where we belong.
2021: our goal is winning promotion back to the Premier League - where we belong.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Why do you have that quote of mine as your signature? You took that out of context, and that's not the whole quote, you dumb little fuck.
Because it is such a monumentally stupid thing to say about the greatest player ever, WD-40.

Unfortunately for you, that was not the only stupid thing you have said.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37408 on: November 5, 2019, 03:24:27 pm »
Because it is such a monumentally stupid thing to say about the greatest player ever, WD-40.

I see he's now edited the original post.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Hahhahaah  ;D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37410 on: November 5, 2019, 03:33:16 pm »
Neither are racist......misconceptions, stereotypes maybe...but not racist. Singing about dogs being eaten in a particular country is maybe distasteful but not racially abusing anybody. Same goes for the size of anybody's penis...... Its just a song...its fictional.

Couldn't be any more wrong if you tried

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #37411 on: November 5, 2019, 03:45:02 pm »
I see he's now edited the original post.

And his new sig....  :lmao
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37413 on: November 5, 2019, 03:50:55 pm »
So so so creative :D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #37414 on: November 5, 2019, 06:16:24 pm »
Quite exceptional levels of bell whiffery here
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37415 on: November 5, 2019, 07:06:08 pm »
Singing about dogs being eaten in a particular country is maybe distasteful

It's intended to be racist.

Re people having a problem with eating dogs, if you're happy to eat a: cow, sheep, pig, goat, chicken etc, then why not a dog?

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #37416 on: November 5, 2019, 08:03:08 pm »
Quite exceptional levels of bell whiffery here

I was ad hominem-ed by an anti rust spray, Tepid.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan

Sorry mate, but you sound like a knob. I praised Messi, and I've put him in top3 of all times in that comment, but you took one line of that comment, to take it out of context. What a dumb thing to do.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2019, 08:46:25 pm by Rick-40 »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #37418 on: November 5, 2019, 10:25:25 pm »
:lmao :lmao

Full Baldrick. Never go full Baldrick.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37419 on: November 5, 2019, 10:32:50 pm »
Sorry mate, but you sound like a knob. I praised Messi, and I've put him in top3 of all times in that comment, but you took one line of that comment, to take it out of context. What a dumb thing to do.

But it makes for a great laugh for the rest of us. Specially when it has f**k all to do with Man Utd

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #37420 on: November 5, 2019, 10:33:12 pm »
I think I agree with what you've been saying about their songs stepping over the mark. And you are right, some of it is aimed in an almost racist way.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37421 on: November 5, 2019, 10:56:11 pm »
Another good post. This is the thing. There's a tendency to think that all 'banter' is the same and 'just banter' but it isn't. There's ridiculous over-exaggerated cartoon calumny - stuff like six-fingered inbreds and stuff involving sisters etc, which is so obviously not based on any verifiable truth (even if some of the fans we are aiming at are inbred sister-fingerers, how would we know?) that it's just a kind of verbal raspberry.

Then there's sledging in the 'we're gonna pound you' or 'rip you a new one' and even the thnakfully no-longer heard '...back of an ambulance' and similar stuff which is just verbal posturing. And then there's footballing shitchat that could be based in truth like 'Fergie's right' and  stuff about glory hunters etc.

But then there's the vile stuff based on true situations, tragedies, poverty, unemployment etc which really has no place in banter. It's not banter, it's not footballing exchanges, it's vilification of a people, a place, serious situations, political cynicism, social deprivation and devastation and so on. It might as well be racism because it is targeted at specific people/places and is born out of hate.

It needs to be fucked right off and no amount of hipster rhetoric about 'silencing the authentic voice of the terraces' or 'working class footballing traditions' should get in the way of clubs dealing with it.

:wellin

Had to come back to this after Rees-Mogg's vile comments today about the victims of Grenfell. Let's not dismiss the dangerous attitudes that the political and social elites in this country have toward the working-class and how it creeps into the mindsets of normal people. "Eating rats in your council house..." doesn't sound as much like harmless banter when you view it through the prism of British politics and social attitudes.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37422 on: November 5, 2019, 11:38:14 pm »

That is a really good post.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O10e from Molde!" - Thursday Wankers
« Reply #37423 on: November 6, 2019, 03:41:33 am »
Couldn't be any more wrong if you tried

God loves a trier.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37424 on: November 6, 2019, 02:04:08 pm »
Marcus Rashford says Manchester United can still make the top 4 this season, even if he has to write the song himself.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #37425 on: November 6, 2019, 03:00:25 pm »
He's always offside by a nose
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #37426 on: November 6, 2019, 04:59:30 pm »
Marcus Rashford says Manchester United can still make the top 4 this season, even if he has to write the song himself.

Remember that they have got sanchez  Paul pogba and fred. And never forget Marcus rashford is manc born and bred
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37427 on: November 6, 2019, 05:01:58 pm »
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37428 on: November 6, 2019, 05:04:26 pm »
And for the love of God keep this man in charge

https://youtu.be/7q9-eu0s1k0
« Last Edit: November 6, 2019, 05:09:02 pm by beardsleyismessimk1 »

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #37429 on: November 6, 2019, 06:01:35 pm »
He's always offside by a nose
So even when he's in his own half?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37430 on: November 6, 2019, 11:42:28 pm »

Great post 👏
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #37431 on: November 6, 2019, 11:43:38 pm »

I think a joint manager with Solksjaer will do the trick.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37432 on: November 6, 2019, 11:57:59 pm »
I think a joint manager with Solksjaer will do the trick.

Someone who taught in Manchester in earlier years?

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37433 on: November 7, 2019, 12:43:55 am »
https://youtu.be/s0OiDkxj4KI

And this  gem

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zpovaNFyGLI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zpovaNFyGLI</a>

Soooo many goals - Mickey Quinn

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37434 on: November 7, 2019, 03:45:07 am »
It's intended to be racist.

Re people having a problem with eating dogs, if you're happy to eat a: cow, sheep, pig, goat, chicken etc, then why not a dog?

So it is a fact then?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #37435 on: November 7, 2019, 06:49:52 am »
They have talked to Rangnick about being director of football according to the Atlantic...

He will want control of the whole football operation in the club, there will be no compromise.

He would give them a direction as a club where currently they are a floundering mess.

However.... will he take it?  I’m not sure I can see United giving him the control he would want. Would they be able to keep Fergies nose out of it long enough?

And if he did get appointed, would they piss him off so he leaves?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #37436 on: November 7, 2019, 07:04:48 am »
And for the love of God keep this man in charge

https://youtu.be/7q9-eu0s1k0

From the comments...
"Jesse Three-Lungard is the modern day Park Ji Sung. Always give 100%. Never stops running, never stops pressing, tactically astute, decent finisher and tidy enough on the ball."

Bean eating his beans, has he?
'Nuff said...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37437 on: November 7, 2019, 07:57:04 am »
On the right track according to Smaegol

Manchester United are "on the right track" despite a difficult start to the season, says boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The Red Devils were beaten by Bournemouth on Saturday - their fourth Premier League loss of the season - and lie 10th in the table.

But they top their Europa League group and can move closer to the knockout stages with victory over Partizan Belgrade on Thursday (20:00 GMT).

"The work everyone does every day is pleasing as a manager," said Solskjaer.

"It is hard work, stick together and team spirit. They want to do well and for one reason or another we haven't had the results.

"We think we should have had a few more results than we have got, but we need to keep working and we know we are on the right track. Of course, Saturday was disappointing and now there is a chance for us to get two wins before the break."

United had been on a four-game unbeaten run before losing 1-0 on the south coast and will be looking to pick up wins against Partizan and against Brighton on Sunday before the international break.

Solskjaer said: "We were on a half-run but it won't happen in one instance that you turn everything around. [Against Bournemouth] it was a quick turn around [from the previous game], we couldn't get the goal we felt we deserved early on.

"We had started well, the mentality was great but [we ended up] disappointed. We go again, have a great chance to qualify for the next round, and that means the last two games we can try out a few things."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50322325

They won't be happy with that phrase  :D

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37438 on: November 7, 2019, 08:48:41 am »
13 points from 11 games, that's horrendous performance. Any top 4 sides would have fired the manager already. That basically explains United no longer consider themselves as top 4 candidate.
Believer

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #37439 on: November 7, 2019, 12:25:45 pm »
They have talked to Rangnick about being director of football according to the Atlantic...

He will want control of the whole football operation in the club, there will be no compromise.

He would give them a direction as a club where currently they are a floundering mess.

However.... will he take it?  I’m not sure I can see United giving him the control he would want. Would they be able to keep Fergies nose out of it long enough?

And if he did get appointed, would they piss him off so he leaves?

Rangnick has always been interested in working in the prem (or in England generally - cos he did go for the England job a few years ago), he studied in the UK, and generally seems to have a lot of fondness and time for the place and it's football! And he's now at the stage of his career where if he's going to do it - it'd have to be sooner rather than later.

He has such a cushy number with Red Bull though, he's the king there, of all their football operations. To leave that for Man Utd he'd have to get some serious assurances that he was running operations there. Guess we will see!