Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1519353 times)

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #2720 on: May 12, 2013, 09:53:43 pm »
I don't get the point of the odd smoke bomb at each away. If you are going to do smoke bombs, do it right and do lots at once (like today, or even more). If you keep bringing just one, first, it doesn't look that impressive, and second, the police are going to be on to you. Just not worth it. Better to do it right when it's done as it will be harder for the ones trying to control you to stay on their toes.

Keep up the rebellious behaviour though. :) I like it.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #2721 on: May 12, 2013, 09:56:43 pm »
im sorry is 2 or 3 lads lads letting off flares at an end of season fixture relatable to fighting for justice for the 96? If it is relatable please post your opinion on the matter if not go look on another thread for someone to bully.
When you come back from the short ban another mod's given you, make sure you've learnt some fucking respect or don't bother coming back at all.

Offline AFX

• Kopite
« Reply #2722 on: May 12, 2013, 10:00:53 pm »
Hasn't gone down well with the Fulham fans.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=30364.0

Boring bastards
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline redStuckinBrazil

• Main Stander
  • red and white kop
« Reply #2723 on: May 12, 2013, 10:01:10 pm »
When you come back from the short ban another mod's given you, make sure you've learnt some fucking respect or don't bother coming back at all.

who was he actually back chatting to?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2724 on: May 12, 2013, 10:03:50 pm »
vic mate, but he's gone for a bit now. to be fair to Vic he carried on having a reasonable discussion with him and ignored his ignorance.

But Fat Scouser saw his arse and wrote a letter to David Cameron and apparently its getting raised in Parliament on Wednesday at PM's Q's :D

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2725 on: May 12, 2013, 10:05:51 pm »
Nicky Feltham ‏@NickyFeltham 12m

LFC fans with flares can you stop. My son who's 13 was at the game & had medical attention due to smoke inhalation - STOP Please??!!

Becci ‏@becc_one 11m

Just spoken to my dad, when one of the flares went off today, they had a kid rushed past them who needed oxygen to help him breathe...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:10:12 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #2726 on: May 12, 2013, 10:06:30 pm »
What's it to you? Most of it's still there for you to read. If you're really that lazy, vicgill and Fat Scouser.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2727 on: May 12, 2013, 10:08:38 pm »
They were kids. And they were fucking great.

When my daughter was younger I always had her stood on a seat, never had any complaints

As for the smoke bombs, personally I can take them or leave them but aren't we watering the effect down a bit by using them for every away?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #2728 on: May 12, 2013, 10:08:52 pm »
Good end of season atmosphere, though the Eight Bells was quieter than usual.
Personally, I love the smoke bombs, we were in the Putney End and any kids around us seemed to be excited by the drama and not afraid at all, but you just know that the authorities will take exception to it and the club wishing to avoid any further controversy will kow-tow to the suits and clamp down on the perpetrators.
Don't know how it will come over on the TV but the singing was good, JAR in particular, and a good send off to Carra on his last away. Got to find a song for Sturridge.............

"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2729 on: May 12, 2013, 10:09:06 pm »

Boring bastards

Well in whoever Putney is on there, speaks a lot of sense.

I think they should be limited to when we score a goal though, as boss as they look.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #2730 on: May 12, 2013, 10:09:20 pm »

Boring bastards

"I see they had flags with sticks too."

Flags with sticks? 

:shocked

When will this madness end???

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2731 on: May 12, 2013, 10:09:42 pm »
"I see they had flags with sticks too."

Flags with sticks? 

:shocked

When will this madness end???
lol to be fair I think he was implying they aren't allowed sticks?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #2732 on: May 12, 2013, 10:12:18 pm »

Boring bastards

They're also moaning about flags with sticks now HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Posted above. Some bad bad melts on that forum
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2733 on: May 12, 2013, 10:16:57 pm »
Anyone got that video of our fans your on about? PM us it if you dont wanna post it
AMF

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2734 on: May 12, 2013, 10:17:12 pm »
Anyone got that video of our fans your on about? PM us it if you dont wanna post it

1 sec

Been deleted now
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:20:17 pm by joel »
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2735 on: May 12, 2013, 10:17:44 pm »
When my daughter was younger I always had her stood on a seat, never had any complaints

Bet you would have done if she was say 5'8" and upwards like those standing on seats today.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2736 on: May 12, 2013, 10:27:01 pm »
Nicky Feltham ‏@NickyFeltham 12m

LFC fans with flares can you stop. My son who's 13 was at the game & had medical attention due to smoke inhalation - STOP Please??!!

Becci ‏@becc_one 11m

Just spoken to my dad, when one of the flares went off today, they had a kid rushed past them who needed oxygen to help him breathe...

If they're genuine (no reason to believe they're not, but I'm a cynic) then its not fair, some kid missed his amazing away trip because we need red smoke to create an atmosphere.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline NigelManx

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2737 on: May 12, 2013, 10:29:12 pm »
Due to illness I cant afford to go to games so I watch however I can be it internet or sky/espn etc. All season
I have been so impressed and moved by the brilliant away game support. Out Singing it seems all the home supporters
Respect....to all you people who travel and spend god knows how much every other week   thank you from those who cant go!!
The smoke bombs look great and I'm sure add to atmosphere but I just know its giving the powers to be a angle against us.
It could be dangerous I'm sure but lots of stuff in life..could be..but if something did happen the media etc would have a field day
Just mentioning it like!! as a thought
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:50:07 pm by NigelManx »

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: May 12, 2013, 10:31:24 pm »
Bet you would have done if she was say 5'8" and upwards like those standing on seats today.

fair enough
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #2739 on: May 12, 2013, 10:39:21 pm »
There was a steward who told a young boy, about 6 or 7 and very short, that he was to get down from the seats in block P7. Everyone cried out and booed, saying he wouldn't be able to see otherwise. He spent the rest of the game on the back of his Dad and brother's back so he could see. Near the end, he started standing again as the steward moved to another area, but can't help feeling it spoiled a little guy's away day a bit.

Offline shambles

• Kopite
  • It's not easy being green
« Reply #2740 on: May 12, 2013, 10:40:04 pm »
Love to know how some people got tickets today as well.
Amazes me how many tickets end up in the hands of first timers.
I got asked to sit down before the match because someone couldn't see the warm up.
People complain about the smoke bombs and pyro but at least they're creating an atmosphere unlike the Essex birds who want to sit down nice and quietly whilst all glammed up.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2741 on: May 12, 2013, 10:41:08 pm »
Love to know how some people got tickets today as well.
Amazes me how many tickets end up in the hands of first timers.
I got asked to sit down before the match because someone couldn't see the warm up.
People complain about the smoke bombs and pyro but at least they're creating an atmosphere unlike the Essex birds who want to sit down nice and quietly whilst all glammed up.

Thats because our famous ST holders snap them up then sell them on to keep the credits.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: May 12, 2013, 10:41:42 pm »

Liverbird?
holy fuck!
that's uncanny.

Offline RedJim

• Nickname Thief!
  • Kopite
  • Liverbird Upon My Chest
« Reply #2743 on: May 12, 2013, 10:42:35 pm »
That Fulham forum is ridiculous, flags on sticks fuckin hell. Probably wouldn't know atmosphere if it came up and bit them on the cock.
This one is a personal favourite:

"Smokebombs and flares. Pathetic, idiotic behaviour. The fact that it was cheered every time too disgusts me. It's just because we had more flair on the pitch. Publishable words cannot describe what I think of them."

;D

Offline shambles

• Kopite
« Reply #2744 on: May 12, 2013, 10:45:04 pm »
Thats because our famous ST holders snap them up then sell them on to keep the credits.

I know that, but these people look like they're going to their first game. Not like people off here and got one on the exchange, or scousers and know the songs. It's like they just chanced upon walking down Fulham Road and thought why not go along

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #2745 on: May 12, 2013, 10:46:01 pm »
There was a steward who told a young boy, about 6 or 7 and very short, that he was to get down from the seats in block P7. Everyone cried out and booed, saying he wouldn't be able to see otherwise. He spent the rest of the game on the back of his Dad and brother's back so he could see. Near the end, he started standing again as the steward moved to another area, but can't help feeling it spoiled a little guy's away day a bit.
Sure wouldn't be the first time a Steward ruined someones day or made the game less fun for everyone.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2746 on: May 12, 2013, 10:48:03 pm »
I'm on the 'I don't agree' side of things when it comes to flares or smoke grenades. I think they are stupid, dangerous and a needless risk.

I'm sure the club get fined every time one goes off (I know UEFA do if we were playing in Europe). So how much do you reckon we've lost this season.

And its ironic that these morons (and yes anyone taking something that requires igniting into a crowded football stand is a fucking moron) take banners complaining about ticket prices and allocations then bitch and moan that picket prices have gone up to cover the extra policing and stewarding and a reduced allocation due to it being unsafe.

And if that all goes in one ear and out the other how about the fact that we shouldn't need these to create an atmosphere. We're Liverpool fans. Best in the world. Travel all over the country as a travelling kop. We are better than flares and smoke bombs. Its up there with plastic fans and a travelling band (at least those won't cause serious damage)

Offline shambles

• Kopite
« Reply #2747 on: May 12, 2013, 10:48:11 pm »
Sure wouldn't be the first time a Steward ruined someones day or made the game less fun for everyone.

Makes me laugh how they pick on a little kid but won't come and ask the 20 lads stood on seats

Offline shambles

• Kopite
« Reply #2748 on: May 12, 2013, 10:51:58 pm »
And if that all goes in one ear and out the other how about the fact that we shouldn't need these to create an atmosphere. We're Liverpool fans. Best in the world. Travel all over the country as a travelling kop. We are better than flares and smoke bombs. Its up there with plastic fans and a travelling band (at least those won't cause serious damage)

Sorry but that's rubbish. There are much better fans all over the world than ours.
Atmosphere at aways this season has at times been dire, Chelsea in particular. These lads, whether you like the smoke bombs or not have boosted the atmosphere

Offline joel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2749 on: May 12, 2013, 10:59:55 pm »

And its ironic that these morons (and yes anyone taking something that requires igniting into a crowded football stand is a fucking moron) take banners complaining about ticket prices and allocations then bitch and moan that picket prices have gone up to cover the extra policing and stewarding and a reduced allocation due to it being unsafe.

That is utter garbage right there.

Ticket prices are going up because of GREED.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #2750 on: May 12, 2013, 11:04:40 pm »
That is utter garbage right there.

Ticket prices are going up because of GREED.

This. Clubs are fucking greedy. Including ours as the article in the Guardian has shown about us this week.

Against Modern Football.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2751 on: May 12, 2013, 11:19:32 pm »
I'm on the 'I don't agree' side of things when it comes to flares or smoke grenades. I think they are stupid, dangerous and a needless risk.

I'm sure the club get fined every time one goes off (I know UEFA do if we were playing in Europe). So how much do you reckon we've lost this season.

Tickets going up because of increased stewards? Are you mad?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2752 on: May 12, 2013, 11:20:41 pm »
Tickets going up because of increased stewards? Are you may?

didn't you know, some of those stewards are on £150k / week plus win bonuses

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
« Reply #2753 on: May 12, 2013, 11:41:54 pm »
Plastic fans use flares? Liverpool fans best in the world? Have you seen what's been going on around the rest of Europe the last decade(s), not to mention places like South America? Liverpool fans (as well as the rest of the best of English fans) have still got a good reputation for being loud, but it's fading by the minute. I'd say that there are at least 10 stadiums around Europe with better atmosphere and passion than Anfield on a regular game. Probably more. And yes, most will use flares on a regular basis.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2754 on: May 12, 2013, 11:45:23 pm »
If they're genuine (no reason to believe they're not, but I'm a cynic) then its not fair, some kid missed his amazing away trip because we need red smoke to create an atmosphere.

I think they look good but mate who was at game texted to say a kid had to have medical treatment due to the smoke.
YNWA

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #2755 on: May 12, 2013, 11:47:39 pm »
The smoke I saw today was actually down on the pitch.... surely you cant say that that is good in the middle of the bloody game  ,If they must throw them why not at half time ?  it could of stopped the game and perhaps the momentum.  I agree with Vics comments and Fat Scousers  a lot of people will see it as hooligasism unfortunately.
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #2756 on: May 12, 2013, 11:50:27 pm »
I think they are boss, it's a fucking football game not a theatre.  Too many poncey, up tight, in love with themselves arseholes at our games now.

Look at this clubs support in the old days, they done this even at Anfield, time to bring it back and enjoy it. 

Fuck the Premier League
Fuck the FA
Fuck Sky

Against Modern Football!
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Online J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2757 on: May 12, 2013, 11:53:54 pm »
I think the smoke bombs have a boss effect and help the atmosphere, but honestly if even one young lad or lass (or whatever age they are for that matter) is affected medically by them then they should pack it in - I know its becoming harder for the passionate element of the fanbase to be heard but singing loud and proud for 90 minutes won't do any harm. That said, I will again reiterate I think they look class and would be in favour of them carrying on if they pose no risk.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #2758 on: May 13, 2013, 12:00:13 am »
A little clip of a pyro and a mention on MOTD... :)
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #2759 on: May 13, 2013, 12:04:04 am »

Better take a look at this mate....

http://www.ultras-tifo.net/photo-news/1647-fulham-liverpool-12052013.html
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059