Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3472564 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #46720 on: December 10, 2017, 08:10:33 pm »
Sitting down to watch Detroit with the missus, shall report back later.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #46721 on: December 10, 2017, 08:18:41 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aj8mN_7Apcw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aj8mN_7Apcw</a>

I remember thinking this could be good hearing Cameron was in charge of it a few years ago,  but after seeing that trailer, and those eyes... :butt :duh

Yo, Hollywood - CAST JAPANESE ACTORS!. Wankers.

What's really whack about this is that anyone would be interested in adapting such an obscure product as American live action at all.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #46722 on: December 10, 2017, 10:40:21 pm »
Sitting down to watch Detroit with the missus, shall report back later.

Brilliant.
Y.N.W.A.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #46723 on: December 11, 2017, 01:24:27 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cSp1dM2Vj48" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cSp1dM2Vj48</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #46724 on: December 11, 2017, 09:05:10 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cSp1dM2Vj48" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cSp1dM2Vj48</a>

I must be one of the few who thinks this looks poop :/

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #46725 on: December 11, 2017, 11:01:29 am »

I think it looks brilliant glad they also used modern avatars as well I noticed some as Overwatch characters. I would love it if it really John Cusack playing the bloke again from Say something I guess that's whos holding the big radio above his head.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #46726 on: December 11, 2017, 11:25:09 am »
I'm split on Dunkirk. On one hand I thought it somewhat lacked bonding with some character (Nolan went with the sum of small ones), felt a bit flat, the absence of the actually enemy was telling but on the other hand I understand why he did that, it was about those guys there left stranded, their fears and panic and in terms of realism it was spot on.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46727 on: December 11, 2017, 11:40:26 am »
I'm split on Dunkirk. On one hand I thought it somewhat lacked bonding with some character (Nolan went with the sum of small ones), felt a bit flat, the absence of the actually enemy was telling but on the other hand I understand why he did that, it was about those guys there left stranded, their fears and panic and in terms of realism it was spot on.

Including the bit at the end with Tom Hardy's plane? :lmao

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #46728 on: December 11, 2017, 12:10:03 pm »
It doesn't shit on the rest of the film though and I thought the dogfights were very well depicted. Besides, the point was also about the survival element and how the threat was always there despite any momentary relief.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #46729 on: December 11, 2017, 12:22:22 pm »

The trailer has:
Videogame Characters (There's loads, from Street Fighter to Overwatch)
Spielberg
80's music
A Delorean
Gundams

And it's based on quite a good book by all accounts.

I agree with you to an extent, but I can understand why people are hyped. Crazy they got that many licenses, it helps to have Spielberg at the helm.
:D

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46730 on: December 11, 2017, 12:30:39 pm »
https://vimeo.com/245670075

This is an absolutely sensational compilation of 25 of the year's best movies. Perfect pairing of music and image.

Quite a few of my favourites for the year didn't quite make it to this list, which just goes to show what a strong year it's really been for films.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #46731 on: December 11, 2017, 01:36:48 pm »
Not sure about that Ready Player One trailer, just doesn't look the way I pictured it when reading the book.  Feels like some of the charm has been lost.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #46732 on: December 11, 2017, 02:07:31 pm »
The trailer has:
Spielberg
80's music
A Delorean
Gundams

I agree with you to an extent, but I can understand why people are hyped. Crazy they got that many licenses, it helps to have Spielberg at the helm.

The literary equivalent of a 50 Shades novel.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #46733 on: December 11, 2017, 03:01:20 pm »
Just looks very..... Avatar...if you know what I mean

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #46734 on: December 11, 2017, 03:12:05 pm »
Golden Globe nominations out.
Best Drama:  Call Me By Your Name / Dunkirk / The Post / The Shape of Water/ Three Billboards Outside Ebbing

Best Comedy/ Musical: The Disaster Artist / Get Out / Lady Bird / The Greatest Showman / I, Tonya

Actor, Drama: Timothee Chamalet, Day-Lewis, Hanks, Oldman, Denzel.

Actress, Drama: J. Chastain, Sally Hawkins, Frances McDormand, Streep, Michelle Williams.

Director: G Del Toro, Martin McDonagh, Speilberg, Nolan, Ridley Scott.

Christopher Plummer gets a Supporting Actor nomination for a film he wasn't in six weeks ago.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #46735 on: December 11, 2017, 05:55:41 pm »
Watched Octopussy the other day

Spoiler
It was about a cat that was shaped like an octopus.

[close]
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46736 on: December 11, 2017, 06:07:14 pm »
I think it looks brilliant glad they also used modern avatars as well I noticed some as Overwatch characters.

Me too

I've read the book and loved it and that trailer does not disappoint.

So excited for this movie.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46737 on: December 11, 2017, 06:18:43 pm »

Is nowhere near the level that his previous films are. The essence of time is wearing thin for me and whilst visually brilliant, it is a gimmick that didn't fully pay-off in the way that Memento/Inception did. Now, the difference here is that he has applied that practice to a real-life story. I asked myself, 'If the story in Dunkirk, was fictional, would the film still be as successful?' - I think not.

I've given it my usual three viewings and come to the same conclusion - it is a visually spectacular film which is based upon a gripping story of heroism and valour. But for me, there is not much more to it... the concept of how it was produced (with the three storyline arc) is where it will possibly be more remembered.

I am guessing that this is where Nolan wanted it to go. If you contrast this film, to say, Saving Private Ryan, the two could not be on opposite ends of the spectrum - but they are still on that spectrum. SPR heavy-handedly gives you action, emotional drama and sentimentality - Dunkirk does practically, the very same thing, but from a different angle... an almost, ostensibly British angle.

That isn't to say that I didn't enjoy it, but like you, I am split about it.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46738 on: December 11, 2017, 06:21:53 pm »

Looks great - which probably means that it is gonna be shit. :lmao
Continually on 11,420.

Online bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46739 on: December 11, 2017, 08:29:21 pm »
Me too

I've read the book and loved it and that trailer does not disappoint.

So excited for this movie.

I thought the book was great as well,cant wait for the film.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46740 on: December 11, 2017, 10:51:23 pm »
Golden Globe nominations out.
Best Drama:  Call Me By Your Name / Dunkirk / The Post / The Shape of Water/ Three Billboards Outside Ebbing

Best Comedy/ Musical: The Disaster Artist / Get Out / Lady Bird / The Greatest Showman / I, Tonya

Actor, Drama: Timothee Chamalet, Day-Lewis, Hanks, Oldman, Denzel.

Actress, Drama: J. Chastain, Sally Hawkins, Frances McDormand, Streep, Michelle Williams.

Director: G Del Toro, Martin McDonagh, Speilberg, Nolan, Ridley Scott.

Christopher Plummer gets a Supporting Actor nomination for a film he wasn't in six weeks ago.

Some big snubs there for The Florida Project and in particular, Phantom Thread.

Also, what the fuck no nomination for Denis Villeneuve. What the actual fuck, Foreign Press Association?! Meanwhile you've nominated bloody Ridley Scott for All the Money in the World?

But they managed to nominate both Christopher Plummer for his role in All the Money in the World, who wasn't in the movie until shooting was complete but they had to pull Kevin Spacey (there's a phrase you don't want to hear often).

I'm guessing they nominated Ridley Scott as best director for that movie, for his technical mastery over reshooting all the scenes with a new actor, after having already shot the whole thing with Kevin Spacey (again, not great).

That, or the voters thought they were voting for him when they wanted to vote for the director of Blade Runner 2049.

"I'd like to vote for Ridley Scott, the director of Blade Runner."
"You mean for All the Money in the World? That's the movie he directed this year."
"Uh... yeaah."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46741 on: December 12, 2017, 12:06:45 am »
https://vimeo.com/245670075

This is an absolutely sensational compilation of 25 of the year's best movies. Perfect pairing of music and image.

Quite a few of my favourites for the year didn't quite make it to this list, which just goes to show what a strong year it's really been for films.
No Blade Runner 2049 on that? Da fuck, son?!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46742 on: December 12, 2017, 12:12:32 am »
Including the bit at the end with Tom Hardy's plane? :lmao
Rumor has it, he's still gliding.

As for Blade Runner in your last post - yeah, I can see it getting shafted from all angles at awards. I really don't see it getting the recognition it rightfully deserves. It's one of the best films in the genre that's ever been made, thanks to Villeneuve. I was never really terribly fussed about him as a director until I watched that. Can't wait to see what he does with Dune now.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46743 on: December 12, 2017, 07:14:32 am »
Flatliners is out (BluRay).
Continually on 11,420.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #46744 on: December 12, 2017, 07:29:16 am »
The trailer has:
Spielberg
80's music
A Delorean
Gundams

Just watching this I have a feeling when it comes out on Blu Ray people will be going though it frame by frame so many in the trailer you wont notice without doing that like badges, posters and notes pinned on the walla etc.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1P9p_ECUvCo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1P9p_ECUvCo</a>

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #46745 on: December 12, 2017, 12:25:14 pm »
No Blade Runner 2049 on that? Da fuck, son?!

But it had Atomic Blonde in it.

Spoiler
[close]

Other than that, great compilation.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46746 on: December 12, 2017, 03:47:33 pm »
Has All the Money in the World even been released yet?

How can a film be nominated for awards if the general viewing public haven't even seen it yet?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #46747 on: December 12, 2017, 04:18:49 pm »
Has All the Money in the World even been released yet?

How can a film be nominated for awards if the general viewing public haven't even seen it yet?

Happens every year.

The overlap between years is actually quite annoying, as is the vast majority of a year's good films coming out in the space of two months.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46748 on: December 13, 2017, 12:42:25 am »
The Killing of a Sacred Deer...

Spoiler

Is pretentious arty shite.

[close]
Continually on 11,420.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #46749 on: December 13, 2017, 12:54:49 am »
But it had Atomic Blonde in it.

Spoiler
[close]

Other than that, great compilation.

A fine film. Easily one of the year's most enjoyable.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46750 on: December 13, 2017, 01:32:27 am »
The Killing of a Sacred Deer...

Spoiler

Is pretentious arty shite.

[close]

It's a very well made film, technically. Good performances. Great photography. Decent music. There just isn't enough substance to sustain it for the 2 hour runtime.

Plus, it's never a good sign when a character semi-breaks the fourth wall and talks about the thing being an allegory. Thanks, Kevin.

I'm really surprised that anyone enjoyed it to be honest.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46751 on: December 13, 2017, 05:56:10 am »
It's a very well made film, technically. Good performances. Great photography. Decent music. There just isn't enough substance to sustain it for the 2 hour runtime.

Plus, it's never a good sign when a character semi-breaks the fourth wall and talks about the thing being an allegory. Thanks, Kevin.

I'm really surprised that anyone enjoyed it to be honest.

Precisely.

It is like... a Brechtian-cum-Greek tragedy play, but without the Brecht and tragedy.

Shocking that the critics are foaming at the mouth when truly good films are offcast as second-rate. Even the title in itself should give us a glimpse into the world of the writer/director.

It was truly woeful. Would advise folk here to steer clear of it - it would probably be worth a watch to some, but by enlarge, the story is about as involving as a pancake gone wrong. As you say, it is all about the padding - but even that wears thin after a while.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:58:03 am by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46752 on: December 14, 2017, 11:06:34 am »
I see the Lego Ninjago movie has leaked. Hurrah!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46753 on: December 14, 2017, 11:49:17 am »
Precisely.

It is like... a Brechtian-cum-Greek tragedy play, but without the Brecht and tragedy.

Shocking that the critics are foaming at the mouth when truly good films are offcast as second-rate. Even the title in itself should give us a glimpse into the world of the writer/director.

It was truly woeful. Would advise folk here to steer clear of it - it would probably be worth a watch to some, but by enlarge, the story is about as involving as a pancake gone wrong. As you say, it is all about the padding - but even that wears thin after a while.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who felt like this.  It seems like the kind of film that lots of people will want to enjoy, or pretend to enjoy, but it didn’t cut it for me.  I was even going to stop watching after an hour.  The bad accents didn’t help the dialogue either. 

Pretentious and intellectually vapid. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46754 on: December 14, 2017, 09:52:18 pm »
I’m glad I’m not the only one who felt like this.  It seems like the kind of film that lots of people will want to enjoy, or pretend to enjoy, but it didn’t cut it for me.  I was even going to stop watching after an hour.  The bad accents didn’t help the dialogue either. 

Pretentious and intellectually vapid.

Genuinely do not mind artistic and pretentious films - "arthouse" as some call it - but this feels like the impression of one.

Films like Enemy, Birdman, Eternal Sunshine and some Wes Anderson are great, they strike a great chord... but this is laughably bad, it really is.

Colin Fattell seems to be picking up films for some kind of legacy, they all go through it, but the bloke doesn't need to - I hated his acting style once and the rumours that he was a product of the Hollywood casting couch have always plagued him; but regardless, he is a very good actor.

In this though, he just looked like he was Robert De Niroing it all the way to Tribeca.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46755 on: December 15, 2017, 03:49:01 am »
Genuinely do not mind artistic and pretentious films - "arthouse" as some call it - but this feels like the impression of one.

Films like Enemy, Birdman, Eternal Sunshine and some Wes Anderson are great, they strike a great chord... but this is laughably bad, it really is.

Colin Fattell seems to be picking up films for some kind of legacy, they all go through it, but the bloke doesn't need to - I hated his acting style once and the rumours that he was a product of the Hollywood casting couch have always plagued him; but regardless, he is a very good actor.

In this though, he just looked like he was Robert De Niroing it all the way to Tribeca.

Colin Farrell is an excellent actor.

One of the most bankable actors around, for me. Which is one of the reasons I felt so betrayed by "Sacred Deer".

I usually resent the words "pretentious" or "arthouse" used disparagingly to refer to movies. It tends to come from a place of intellectual laziness and low brow triumphalism.

I don't know that I'd apply the words to this film either. I think there's an idea here, and a failure of execution. It's meant to be some sort of psychological, existential horror, except the concept is so razor thin, they could not deliver a 2 hour movie. I reckon if it was maybe 80 minutes, it could have been somewhat enjoyable. But it just drags and drags.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #46756 on: December 15, 2017, 11:02:13 am »
Colin Farrell is an excellent actor.

One of the most bankable actors around, for me. Which is one of the reasons I felt so betrayed by "Sacred Deer".

I usually resent the words "pretentious" or "arthouse" used disparagingly to refer to movies. It tends to come from a place of intellectual laziness and low brow triumphalism.

I don't know that I'd apply the words to this film either. I think there's an idea here, and a failure of execution. It's meant to be some sort of psychological, existential horror, except the concept is so razor thin, they could not deliver a 2 hour movie. I reckon if it was maybe 80 minutes, it could have been somewhat enjoyable. But it just drags and drags.

Well I think that, that is the nail on the head there friend.

It feels to me like some kind of morality tale gone wrong - almost Aessopy?

But it has no depth, no charm or no character... it is very stylish and is like one of those 80s movies that you get because of the cool name and front cover.

For me, that is what is so pretentious about it - it is a pretentious film pretending to be pretentious - I have no problems at all with pretentiousness; I am, and have been labelled many times, as a pretentious twat of the highest order... I know I am, I can't help it... but it is who I am... like my Dad and Uncle. But I'm the first to admit it and regardless of everything else, it goes with the field of work that I'm in, or was in, or want to be in. Point being, I'm pretentious by nature and don't pretend to be pretentious.

And to solidify that fact, I will say pretentious one more time. :lmao

But this film is like one of those people who try to be pretentious to be seen as being pretentious - we all know one... and I think that this is perfectly exemplified by the final scene. As decent a scene as it is, it is literally there to act as a resolution, but adds or resolves literally nothing at all that has happened in the previous 90 minutes - it is there to add fake depth and that really, really pissed me off.

With regards to arthousism - I say again, it feels like some kind of morality tale gone wrong... it is as if there is some big statement there that the writer has tried to hint at, without actually having the balls to just say it loud and clear. This has been done immaculately with other films like The Shining (was the genocidal extermination of Native Americans as barbaric and meticulous as the Holocaust), Bladerunner (Are humans really sentient naturally occurring beings?) and The Wicker Man (the destruction of indigenous spirituality at the hands of organised religion). But this film is seriously fannying about the bush trying to get you to do more than half of the job for it, while flexing its visual muscles for visuals sake.

Grrrr... film pissed me off so much!

But aye, Colin Farrell has grown on me of late, he has really matured into an excellent actor by all accounts. Always good to see a boy from the old country do well in the U.S.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46757 on: December 16, 2017, 01:44:05 am »
Well I think that, that is the nail on the head there friend.

It feels to me like some kind of morality tale gone wrong - almost Aessopy?

But it has no depth, no charm or no character... it is very stylish and is like one of those 80s movies that you get because of the cool name and front cover.

For me, that is what is so pretentious about it - it is a pretentious film pretending to be pretentious - I have no problems at all with pretentiousness; I am, and have been labelled many times, as a pretentious twat of the highest order... I know I am, I can't help it... but it is who I am... like my Dad and Uncle. But I'm the first to admit it and regardless of everything else, it goes with the field of work that I'm in, or was in, or want to be in. Point being, I'm pretentious by nature and don't pretend to be pretentious.

And to solidify that fact, I will say pretentious one more time. :lmao

But this film is like one of those people who try to be pretentious to be seen as being pretentious - we all know one... and I think that this is perfectly exemplified by the final scene. As decent a scene as it is, it is literally there to act as a resolution, but adds or resolves literally nothing at all that has happened in the previous 90 minutes - it is there to add fake depth and that really, really pissed me off.

With regards to arthousism - I say again, it feels like some kind of morality tale gone wrong... it is as if there is some big statement there that the writer has tried to hint at, without actually having the balls to just say it loud and clear. This has been done immaculately with other films like The Shining (was the genocidal extermination of Native Americans as barbaric and meticulous as the Holocaust), Bladerunner (Are humans really sentient naturally occurring beings?) and The Wicker Man (the destruction of indigenous spirituality at the hands of organised religion). But this film is seriously fannying about the bush trying to get you to do more than half of the job for it, while flexing its visual muscles for visuals sake.

Grrrr... film pissed me off so much!

But aye, Colin Farrell has grown on me of late, he has really matured into an excellent actor by all accounts. Always good to see a boy from the old country do well in the U.S.

Can't fault a word there, mate. I also have to own up to being a bit of a wanker when it comes to films (and life) ;D Hang on a sec.. I can fault one word there. It's with regard :lmao

It would have been handy if the characters were at all sympathetic, too. The entire moral dilemma of the piece seems a bit of a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ when there are no stakes involved whatsoever.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #46758 on: December 16, 2017, 10:21:50 am »
Was Lanthimos' previous work, The Lobster, a better film then? Haven't seen either.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46759 on: December 16, 2017, 12:22:05 pm »
Was Lanthimos' previous work, The Lobster, a better film then? Haven't seen either.

It's brilliant. One of the best comedies of the last 10 years, easily.