Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1880320 times)

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #4800 on: January 24, 2019, 12:19:36 am »
I trust Klopp to turn him into beast.
Believer

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4801 on: January 24, 2019, 12:46:50 am »
How do you coach a badger?

;D

Its furly hard, but if you keep at it you can outfox it and whippet in the end.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #4802 on: January 24, 2019, 12:49:28 am »
Its furly hard, but if you keep at it you can outfox it and whippet in the end.

:wellin
Better looking than Samie.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4803 on: January 24, 2019, 12:57:51 am »

;D

Truly no idea - but I was hoping said financial panther* would help.

*I was expecting someone to get this by now - one my favorite Homer Simpson efforts

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4804 on: January 24, 2019, 09:53:54 am »

;D

I don't know. You'd have to ask John Harris, Arthur Rowley, Ken Furphy or Jimmy Sirrel.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4805 on: January 24, 2019, 11:53:04 am »
No badger gags but my take is the lad is a player, no doubts about his ability, especially when he doesn't have time to think and just does the right thing when driving forward, but on the evidence of the palace game his physicality needs work. A few times against Palace hes brushed aside by their sheer physical presence and you could see he knew it and it got to him, like a youngster playing with older players and as the game went on you could see his head go down a bit, started looking for the safe option. 

As he gets used to the speed and physicality , his head will improve and there is real quality in there,  he'll be some player next season, just taking his time to settle and it's getting to him

I think for me it's always more a case of knowing how to use your body better. I always use the example of Luca Modric, and absolute dweeb of a human being but good look trying to shrug him off the ball as he just uses his body so well. Keita probably did not need to do this to such an extend both growing up and playing in Germany but I have no doubt that he will and once he does he will be a phenomena.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4806 on: January 24, 2019, 07:02:00 pm »
Here’s the Anfield Index data simply presented with some nice context.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AIUnderPressure/status/1087841611936079873

It’s a bit like signing a Momo Sissoko with the potential for him to whip his mask off after 3/4 of a season and reveal himself to be Abedi Pele.

And...

“We record a press as any pressure on an opponent that results in:
1) forcing the opponent sideways or back
2) forces the ball out of play
3) directly wins possession
4) leads to a turnover
5) leads to a free kick
6) results in the press being bypassed”
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 07:07:23 pm by royhendo »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4807 on: January 24, 2019, 07:29:38 pm »
Here’s the Anfield Index data simply presented with some nice context.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AIUnderPressure/status/1087841611936079873

It’s a bit like signing a Momo Sissoko with the potential for him to whip his mask off after 3/4 of a season and reveal himself to be Abedi Pele.

And...

“We record a press as any pressure on an opponent that results in:
1) forcing the opponent sideways or back
2) forces the ball out of play
3) directly wins possession
4) leads to a turnover
5) leads to a free kick
6) results in the press being bypassed”

The interesting thing for me is that his pressing heatmap as a #8 are not that much different from his heatmap as a pseudo-"#11" - he tends to work out towards the left side of midfield a lot. Which, as I was trying to say, seems to be where he finds himself most comfortable, and also where we might be setting pressing traps.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4808 on: January 24, 2019, 09:43:02 pm »
The interesting thing for me is that his pressing heatmap as a #8 are not that much different from his heatmap as a pseudo-"#11" - he tends to work out towards the left side of midfield a lot. Which, as I was trying to say, seems to be where he finds himself most comfortable, and also where we might be setting pressing traps.

Isn't that just because whenever he's played in the middle it's been as the left sided one of three?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #4809 on: January 25, 2019, 05:55:05 am »
All the stats seem to show that he is doing really well off the ball (which let's be honest, our non-expert eyes enraptured in the passions of watching our team chase its first league title in almost 3 decades are unlikely to fully appreciate), and we know he has technical quality from his time at Leipzig.. So, it's just a matter of time before he finds confidence and form on the ball and puts in a couple top performances to establish himself in the first XI, I think Klopp is reluctant to trust him in a deeper midfield role until he finds that form because giving the ball away in the 'Gini-role' will expose us far more than giving it away as the more advanced midfielder does.

I can't wait to watch this team with him and Fabinho as a double pivot with Ox, Manč, Firmino and Salah causing havoc in front of them.. Will be some of the most dynamic football ever seen.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4810 on: January 25, 2019, 09:11:35 am »
It's purely confidence. He's gone from a team where he was the best player to a team and a league he's not used to. That's why he started season so well, he brought confidence from Leipzig. He then went out team for a bit, probably due to Gini's form more than anything. His confidence lowered. He'll be back. He's too good not to be.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4811 on: January 25, 2019, 09:39:13 am »
Isn't that just because whenever he's played in the middle it's been as the left sided one of three?

Yeah, but from the bits I saw of him at Leipzig he does have a tendency to drift to that side. Most players have a preference in this regard, but obviously it can be dictated/influenced by tactics.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4812 on: January 25, 2019, 09:42:39 am »
Yeah, but from the bits I saw of him at Leipzig he does have a tendency to drift to that side. Most players have a preference in this regard, but obviously it can be dictated/influenced by tactics.

He was in a midfield 3 at Leipzig wasn't he. The trouble for Keita is we look better in a 4-2-3-1 formation, which we more often than not play now. Gini, Fabinho and Henderson are more suited to that formation at the minute. 
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4813 on: January 25, 2019, 09:56:05 am »
He was in a midfield 3 at Leipzig wasn't he. The trouble for Keita is we look better in a 4-2-3-1 formation, which we more often than not play now. Gini, Fabinho and Henderson are more suited to that formation at the minute.

Nah, Leipzig play (or played, can't say I've watched them much this season) a 4-2-2-2 mostly. Keita was often in the deepest two, sometimes in the advanced two.

I think a lot of this best position stuff is a red herring personally. It's very Pogba-esque.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4814 on: January 25, 2019, 11:09:05 am »
It's purely confidence. He's gone from a team where he was the best player to a team and a league he's not used to. That's why he started season so well, he brought confidence from Leipzig. He then went out team for a bit, probably due to Gini's form more than anything. His confidence lowered. He'll be back. He's too good not to be.

I agree. I also think the few days away will work wonders for Keita more than anyone else. Klopp has already said he's a shy fella. It's hard enough changing country, cultures, language etc but f he's naturally shy it becomes even harder. Few days away, bit of relaxation and training out of the lime light, probably get to know a few of the lads a lot more in them days than in weeks/months training when the intensity and focus is on. Just as long as he doesn't go stealing any taxi's.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4815 on: January 25, 2019, 11:13:33 am »
I agree. I also think the few days away will work wonders for Keita more than anyone else. Klopp has already said he's a shy fella. It's hard enough changing country, cultures, language etc but f he's naturally shy it becomes even harder. Few days away, bit of relaxation and training out of the lime light, probably get to know a few of the lads a lot more in them days than in weeks/months training when the intensity and focus is on. Just as long as he doesn't go stealing any taxi's.

Hope he left the golf clubs at home as well.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4816 on: January 25, 2019, 11:17:18 am »
Hope he left the golf clubs at home as well.

haha aye, very time I think of that I laugh at that mad f**ker

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4817 on: January 25, 2019, 11:40:19 am »
haha aye, very time I think of that I laugh at that mad f**ker

There's an excerpt from his autobiography doing the rounds that recounts the story, golden.

That celebration in the Camp Nou a few days later is iconic.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4818 on: January 25, 2019, 02:03:17 pm »
There's an excerpt from his autobiography doing the rounds that recounts the story, golden.

That celebration in the Camp Nou a few days later is iconic.

Yeah I read that mate it was brilliant wasn't it, he even named the club, 8 Iron I think , whacked Riise on the ass with it. 
On Keita, a lot of people have said it but it wold be amazing if he kicks on a bit in the latter part of the season, The legs will get tired and there will be some tight tight games, a wee bit of extra ooomph would be just the job

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #4819 on: January 25, 2019, 06:34:32 pm »

To be fair we did let Keita had a go at 4-2-3-1 but he underwhelmed.

A manager can only be as fair to you as your last game. He didn’t do as well as Gini, Henderson and Fabio and that’s why he is below the pecking order.

I know he is introverted but sometimes I wished he could show more personality when he was on the pitch and not be afraid to show us what he’s got.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4820 on: January 25, 2019, 06:45:11 pm »
Playing with Milner in the FA cup? Not sure that counts as a legitimate 'go'.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4821 on: January 25, 2019, 07:14:21 pm »
Playing with Milner in the FA cup? Not sure that counts as a legitimate 'go'.

If you can't dominate a Wolves central midfield with 61% possession, then you've got a bit of work to do, do be fair

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4822 on: January 25, 2019, 07:15:59 pm »
I keep reading he's introverted, not sure thats accurate
Klopp said he was quiet, which is different to introverted, I imagine that's probably the language barrier thing more than his character
Introverts dont generally draw attention to themselves wearing outfits like this  :D

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4823 on: January 25, 2019, 10:54:14 pm »
I could be wrong but as far as I'm aware he never played in anything but a midfield 2 at Leipzig.  He never played on the wings or as a forward.  EVER.

He was the best ball progressor in Germany for a midfielder and combined that with elite level defensive work.  When we talk about ball progression were talking about runs and passes that put the ball in the final 3rd.  He wasn't breaking down packed defenses.  He was dribbling and passing the ball to others to do that by the box, usually after bypassing a number of opponents.  Then chipping in with a handful of goals and assists to boot.

So again, for the millionth time, he has never been asked to do that at LFC.  He has always had two other midfielders tasked with getting the ball back and then moving it forward.  He has at times come deep to help just as Ox, Gini, Milner, Can or any other midfielder that was tasked with being the furthest forward did.  But that's not his primary task and even less so when we're in the 4231.

In the 433 his xG per game was the highest of all of our midfielders and his xA was just slightly below while averaging almost 3 shots a game which was the most of any midfielder.  Which again isn't asking him to do what gave him the most value, he's still the furthest forward midfielder.

Now in the 4231 we're saying he's working hard on winning the ball back.  I don't know, I would then want him to actually be tasked with doing that which again is why Barca, PSG, Bayern, etc. all wanted Naby as well. 

Yet in the end people are sitting here posting he can't play in a 2 or as a deeper midfielder when that's why we bought him and he's never actually done it here so how would anybody actually fucking know?

If you can't dominate a Wolves central midfield with 61% possession, then you've got a bit of work to do, do be fair

Are we talking about the Wolves FA cup game where Milner completely vacated the midfield space to sit on Hoever with Shaq and Jones on the wings leaving Naby handling Neves, Dendoncker and Moutinho on his own?  I mean it's kind of a laughable critique really.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #4824 on: January 25, 2019, 11:27:12 pm »
Yes. There is also clearly still a lot of confusion over what kind of player he is,

He´s one of our midfielders, only he isn´t performing at the moment in a team of overperformers. There´s no misunderstanding here.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:18:04 am by Bjornar »

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #4825 on: January 26, 2019, 12:36:56 am »
That´s none of Jürgen´s concern right now though. He wants to build on an unprecedented winning streak. If Keita can´t make himself part of that, that´s Keita´s problem only.

How do you want to make Keita into something he is not?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:42:03 am by harryc »

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #4826 on: January 26, 2019, 12:40:51 am »
As he gets used to the speed and physicality , his head will improve and there is real quality in there,  he'll be some player next season, just taking his time to settle and it's getting to him

I think it hasn't helped him that the side has gone so well, that has meant little experimentation with the tactical lineups, and you're not going to unseat Wijnaldum, ever, when he's fit, which means two places, and when Fabinho, Henderson and Milner are there, then that's four for two and sometimes also Shaqiri, Firmino (as #10) or even Lallana can be thrown into the central mix. That has meant no consistent gametime and as such, even though he's looked alright on many occasions, merely being doing okay isn't enough to take a spot in such a specialized midfield as we currently have. The workhorse army...

Also, by the looks of things, Fabinho is on the verge of gaining the second regular CM position alongside Wijnaldum. Then suddenly, we're talking him alone against all those players for that extra spot. When Oxlade-Chamberlain gets back, it'll be even more crowded. That's why the winger option Klopp has tried him in might make sense in the long run if he gains more confidence again in running at defenders with the ball.

Keďta does remind me a bit of Aquilani in that regard. Hopefully, he'll recover and give it another try next season, rather than wanting to call it quits, because there's a good player in him. He'd been dominant for any team below the top six this season.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:52:34 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4827 on: January 26, 2019, 01:33:27 am »
I could be wrong but as far as I'm aware he never played in anything but a midfield 2 at Leipzig.  He never played on the wings or as a forward.  EVER.

So you say 'I could be wrong' yet finish those few sentences with 'EVER'? That's a peculiar contradiction. I have no idea how often Keita played in the advanced two for Leipzig, I would wager around 25% of his appearances, but I know for sure he has played there on more than a few occasions as Leipzig went through a phase with Kampl and Demme in central midfield last season (Ilsanker filled in there the season before too). There'd be people on here better placed to expand on how visually this looked on the pitch, both collectively and in terms of Keita's general positions on and off the ball, as they'll have watched Leipzig more regularly and intently.

He was the best ball progressor in Germany for a midfielder and combined that with elite level defensive work.  When we talk about ball progression were talking about runs and passes that put the ball in the final 3rd.  He wasn't breaking down packed defenses.  He was dribbling and passing the ball to others to do that by the box, usually after bypassing a number of opponents.  Then chipping in with a handful of goals and assists to boot.

So again, for the millionth time, he has never been asked to do that at LFC.  He has always had two other midfielders tasked with getting the ball back and then moving it forward.  He has at times come deep to help just as Ox, Gini, Milner, Can or any other midfielder that was tasked with being the furthest forward did.  But that's not his primary task and even less so when we're in the 4231.

In the 433 his xG per game was the highest of all of our midfielders and his xA was just slightly below while averaging almost 3 shots a game which was the most of any midfielder.  Which again isn't asking him to do what gave him the most value, he's still the furthest forward midfielder.

Now in the 4231 we're saying he's working hard on winning the ball back.  I don't know, I would then want him to actually be tasked with doing that which again is why Barca, PSG, Bayern, etc. all wanted Naby as well. 

Yet in the end people are sitting here posting he can't play in a 2 or as a deeper midfielder when that's why we bought him and he's never actually done it here so how would anybody actually fucking know?

Don't disagree with too much of that, but I would make the point that just because he is playing out of position, doesn't mean he can't do the basics better. I think everyone knows that ultimately his best position for us will be as the more progressive of a double pivot, but equally there are others like myself who feel he's too much of a risk in that role with what is at stake at the moment.

Are we talking about the Wolves FA cup game where Milner completely vacated the midfield space to sit on Hoever with Shaq and Jones on the wings leaving Naby handling Neves, Dendoncker and Moutinho on his own?  I mean it's kind of a laughable critique really.

Keita is a player just like the other ten on the pitch. It's strange how players like Milner's weaknesses or occasional poor performance regularly see them thrown under the bus at the expense of other players when the truth is they have weaknesses and poor performances, too, often showing up in the same game like at Wolves. Keita touched the ball as much as the actual young player (making his debut at full-back) Camacho in that match; you're not convincing me otherwise that he couldn't have done more to show for the ball against a side camped in their own half and, when he did have it, move the ball far more quickly.

But that's in the past now and I thought there were mildly promising signs in the second half against Palace that he can take up better positions for the team even if he isn't playing exactly where he would want to be. He stayed a little wider and passed the ball a little more quickly. I think he just needs to start doing the basics better, commit himself to tackles a little more and the rest will start to come as his confidence builds.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 01:40:26 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4828 on: January 26, 2019, 01:43:26 am »

That's a contradiction. If he's running and passing into the final third, then he's breaking down packed defences. That's where packed defences are located.

So what is his primary task, then?

In the "433", his co-midfielders were Wijnaldum and Milner - not exactly the most prolific shot creators, so wouldn't it stand to reason that he would have the most? Or are you saying the most of any midfielder in the league?

Are people saying he can't play in a "2"? If they are, I'm not seeing that. There's no such thing.

Are you sure about that? Average positions says Milner stayed fairly disciplined in his midfield position:

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4829 on: January 26, 2019, 01:59:10 am »
I’m not sure how accurate transfermarkt.co.uk is, but they have (2nd and 3rd col being goals and assists) :

Overall:
Played as           
Central Midfield   139   34   27
Defensive Midfield   21   2   1
Attacking Midfield   9   3   3
Right Midfield   7   1   2
Left Midfield   7   -   2

2017/18:
Played as           
Central Midfield   29   6   5
Defensive Midfield   6   1   1
Right Midfield   2   1   -
Attacking Midfield   1   1   1
Left Midfield   1   -   -
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4830 on: January 26, 2019, 03:20:39 am »
So you say 'I could be wrong' yet finish those few sentences with 'EVER'? That's a peculiar contradiction. I have no idea how often Keita played in the advanced two for Leipzig, I would wager around 25% of his appearances, but I know for sure he has played there on more than a few occasions as Leipzig went through a phase with Kampl and Demme in central midfield last season (Ilsanker filled in there the season before too). There'd be people on here better placed to expand on how visually this looked on the pitch, both collectively and in terms of Keita's general positions on and off the ball, as they'll have watched Leipzig more regularly and intently.

I could be wrong in regards to him playing in anything but a midfield 2.  I'm not wrong in him playing as a winger or forward unless you have proof otherwise.

Don't disagree with too much of that, but I would make the point that just because he is playing out of position, doesn't mean he can't do the basics better. I think everyone knows that ultimately his best position for us will be as the more progressive of a double pivot, but equally there are others like myself who feel he's too much of a risk in that role with what is at stake at the moment.

Keita is a player just like the other ten on the pitch. It's strange how players like Milner's weaknesses or occasional poor performance regularly see them thrown under the bus at the expense of other players when the truth is they have weaknesses and poor performances, too, often showing up in the same game like at Wolves. Keita touched the ball as much as the actual young player (making his debut at full-back) Camacho in that match; you're not convincing me otherwise that he couldn't have done more to show for the ball against a side camped in their own half and, when he did have it, move the ball far more quickly.

You're just talking in generalities with nothing other than "do better" to add.  I'm not slighting Milner in the least when talking about how he left midfield to sit on Hoever which made sense as he was 16.  But that left it as 3v1 midfield.

But that's in the past now and I thought there were mildly promising signs in the second half against Palace that he can take up better positions for the team even if he isn't playing exactly where he would want to be. He stayed a little wider and passed the ball a little more quickly. I think he just needs to start doing the basics better, commit himself to tackles a little more and the rest will start to come as his confidence builds.

Stayed a little wider?  He's not a full back and he's not being tasked with winning the ball back either.  Press yes but Fabinho, Henderson and Gini have been played as the ball winners.

That's a contradiction. If he's running and passing into the final third, then he's breaking down packed defences. That's where packed defences are located.

Did you ever really watch RBL play or the Bundesliga in general?  I'm assuming no.

So what is his primary task, then?

In the "433", his co-midfielders were Wijnaldum and Milner - not exactly the most prolific shot creators, so wouldn't it stand to reason that he would have the most? Or are you saying the most of any midfielder in the league?

So then why do a midfield 3 of Milner, Gini and Hendo average barely 2 shots a game in our run in last year?

Are people saying he can't play in a "2"? If they are, I'm not seeing that. There's no such thing.

Are you sure about that? Average positions says Milner stayed fairly disciplined in his midfield position:

Did you watch this game?  Milner made the most passes aside from Fabinho, he sure as heck wasn't doing that standing next to Naby.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4831 on: January 26, 2019, 04:04:00 am »

Did you watch this game?  Milner made the most passes aside from Fabinho, he sure as heck wasn't doing that standing next to Naby.

Are you sure about that?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4832 on: January 26, 2019, 08:31:08 am »
Just needs rhythm.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4833 on: January 26, 2019, 12:58:21 pm »
Just needs rhythm.

Mo Ritmo?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Uy8D0AEg73Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Uy8D0AEg73Q</a>
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4834 on: January 26, 2019, 01:04:14 pm »
Mo Ritmo?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Uy8D0AEg73Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Uy8D0AEg73Q</a>

Mo Salah?

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4835 on: January 27, 2019, 01:30:15 am »
Are you sure about that?

Did you watch the game?  It's a simple Yes or No answer.  What is it?

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4836 on: January 27, 2019, 02:24:25 am »
Also, by the looks of things, Fabinho is on the verge of gaining the second regular CM position alongside Wijnaldum. Then suddenly, we're talking him alone against all those players for that extra spot. When Oxlade-Chamberlain gets back, it'll be even more crowded.
This is why I'm having serious doubts that Milner will be playing here next season. That phrase "moving a player a year too early is better than a year too late" seems apt. Keita's role will likely expand, Ox will be back in some capacity, and I can see either the promising Grujic given his chance or another talent brought on board. I love James, we all do, but at best his role will be diminished next season. 
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #4837 on: January 27, 2019, 09:19:48 am »
Very impressive off the ball pressing stats from Naby. Keep that up and the on the ball creative stuff will click.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4838 on: January 27, 2019, 05:42:46 pm »
Did you watch the game?  It's a simple Yes or No answer.  What is it?

He’s answered your question. Average positions show them alongside each other. Passes show Milner all over the pitch, concentrated around the average position. We all watch every game. I don’t know if the question “did you watch the game?” is otherwise code for “I don’t agree so I’m going to deal with my insecurity by making what feels like a crafty, subtle dig... is it?

Mostly outside transfer threads people have watched the game, and if not they usually say so.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #4839 on: January 27, 2019, 05:51:54 pm »
This is why I'm having serious doubts that Milner will be playing here next season. That phrase "moving a player a year too early is better than a year too late" seems apt. Keita's role will likely expand, Ox will be back in some capacity, and I can see either the promising Grujic given his chance or another talent brought on board. I love James, we all do, but at best his role will be diminished next season.

It is not just the lack of legs after a person has aged, mistakes will start creeping in as we saw in the last 2 years.

But that is far from saying Milner's career is over. Against slower opponents, he is still good for the job. Maybe as a left/right sided midfielder that play to his strengths.