Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1886830 times)

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #4640 on: January 10, 2019, 02:43:12 pm »
Don't think him not learning the language yet should have much bearing on his football - Aguero seems to barely speak a word of English and he's been here for years.
sames as David Silva, Tevez.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4641 on: January 10, 2019, 02:51:45 pm »

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4642 on: January 10, 2019, 08:44:19 pm »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4643 on: January 10, 2019, 09:24:04 pm »
sames as David Silva, Tevez.

It's the staff communication for instructions to players that i consider most important, and those players, for instance have had plenty of staff to communicate in Spanish, however, as far as i know, hardly any of our present staff speak French for the sake of instructing Keita. I know we may have the odd player who can speak french but it would still be a pain.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #4644 on: January 10, 2019, 09:27:59 pm »
He's an Aquarius, so communication is important to him.  Aquarians like to talk. 
dios esta buena

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4645 on: January 10, 2019, 09:30:09 pm »
It's the staff communication for instructions to players that i consider most important, and those players, for instance have had plenty of staff to communicate in Spanish, however, as far as i know, hardly any of our present staff speak French for the sake of instructing Keita. I know we may have the odd player who can speak french but it would still be a pain.
Matip and Mane speak French. Wont shock me if anyone all off Virgil, Fabinho, Gini, Origi also speak french

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4646 on: January 10, 2019, 09:33:07 pm »
Matip and Mane speak French. Wont shock me if anyone all off Virgil, Fabinho, Gini, Origi also speak french

True but i think one to one is always best when giving a player specific instructions. Anyway, let's just hope he starts getting in the swing of things asap.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4647 on: January 10, 2019, 09:36:27 pm »
Lovren speaks French, Origi certainly does too..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4648 on: January 10, 2019, 10:01:26 pm »
Lovren speaks French, Origi certainly does too..
Thanks. Mignolet also speak french

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4649 on: January 11, 2019, 12:03:51 am »
He just doesn't look like a final third player to me. I feel like playing him further up almost neutralises his best strength, which is from what I have seen of him, ball progression.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4650 on: January 11, 2019, 12:43:57 am »
He's an Aquarius, so communication is important to him.  Aquarians like to talk. 

Is he is waiting for the age of aquarius then ?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4651 on: January 11, 2019, 02:32:45 pm »
Is he is waiting for the age of aquarius then ?
No, just 20th January.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4652 on: January 11, 2019, 02:50:01 pm »

Surely Naby knows German from his time in the bundesliga. I think klopp knows a bit too so he should be fine.
Football is a lie

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
« Reply #4653 on: January 11, 2019, 02:59:12 pm »
Anyone else a bit hmmm about his progress this season? I mean, He is surrounded by top class players but doesn't seem to be performing at the same level as leipzeg... We can all see his obvious talent but he seems to lose the ball more often than he should I'm sure his tackling stats aren't anything that stands out. I know he hasn't had much game time but to that in its self is a concern..Surely if your performing at a high level during training then you get a nudge to the starting 11 and we all know his quality should be starting 11. The only and i mean only player i think that has suprised and put a spanner in him starting is the performances by Gini.

Is it just me that's a bit concerned about this??

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4654 on: January 11, 2019, 03:02:22 pm »
Just you.

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
« Reply #4655 on: January 11, 2019, 03:03:53 pm »

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4656 on: January 11, 2019, 03:07:19 pm »
Surely Naby knows German from his time in the bundesliga. I think klopp knows a bit too so he should be fine.
Apparently not.

"We don't have a common language," said Klopp, explaining: "He speaks a little bit of German, a little bit of English. Not too much though like 'hello' and 'goodbye'."
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4657 on: January 11, 2019, 03:07:55 pm »
Apparently not.

"We don't have a common language," said Klopp, explaining: "He speaks a little bit of German, a little bit of English. Not too much though like 'hello' and 'goodbye'."

And "ball".
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4658 on: January 11, 2019, 03:11:46 pm »
Ha! Not really concerned, he's been here 6 months, yeah it'd be ice if he was a mainstay in the midfield and putting in performances that dominate other sides but frequently that doesn't happen for a combination of reasons - some of them obvious, new league, new team (moreso with the way Klopp wants his new players to learn about the way team plays), some not so much - others intangible (new environment, club etc). Not even convinced he's been as bad as is made out, he's had some good games, some not so good, been injured, eased in and out of the side. The high expectations (mine too) at the beginning of the season probably don't help either. Personally don't get concerned after 6 months, it's not the same for every player.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4659 on: January 11, 2019, 03:12:35 pm »
seriously??

It's probably not just you judging by some posts here.

It's misplaced concern though.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4660 on: January 11, 2019, 03:18:47 pm »
Anyone else a bit hmmm about his progress this season?
Sure but the interesting thing is we're yet to see him in a position of double pivot which is where he actually made a name for himself and impressed Klopp so much that he was willing to wait a whole year for him.

Personally I think now that 4231 is becoming our default formation it's only a matter of time before we see him as 6 and then we'll have a better idea on how close he is to replicating his Leipzig form here. In theory his defending ability and drives from deep as 6 should make him a permanent fixture in the team and make 4231 work to its fullest potential.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4661 on: January 11, 2019, 03:22:08 pm »
Anyone else a bit hmmm about his progress this season? I mean, He is surrounded by top class players but doesn't seem to be performing at the same level as leipzeg... We can all see his obvious talent but he seems to lose the ball more often than he should I'm sure his tackling stats aren't anything that stands out. I know he hasn't had much game time but to that in its self is a concern..Surely if your performing at a high level during training then you get a nudge to the starting 11 and we all know his quality should be starting 11. The only and i mean only player i think that has suprised and put a spanner in him starting is the performances by Gini.

I think everyone expected him to impress more than he has done so far given his reputation and undoubted quality, but I can see enough about him to make me think he'll come good.
He's not quite the same sort of player, but it reminds me of Bernardo Silva in his first season in that he was showing the odd glimpse of quality, but was struggling to nail down a role due to his team performing extremely well and him not being fully adapted. Silva looks excellent now he's fully integrated into the Man City side and I'm sure it'll be a similar story with Keita next season, if not in the closing stages of this one.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4662 on: January 11, 2019, 04:26:12 pm »

Just you. Because he's hardly had a consistent run in the team, due to injuries. He started the season well, got injured, was out for a month, came back, got injured for the national side, rinse and repeat. In a new league with new players new environment, you need a consistent run to see whether or not you can adapt. He's had some good games some solid ones and one or two poor ones, but you can't say that he's had a full run in the side where we can evaluate him properly.

Offline Cheesehead

• What the hell is Brett Favrrrvre doing here?
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4663 on: January 11, 2019, 04:30:04 pm »

No mate I agree with you. He should be doing more to impose himself on games. I think he can be a good player for us but so far it’s been a bit meh. Especially as he cost 57m.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #4664 on: January 11, 2019, 07:21:20 pm »

I know what you mean but I'm not too concerned as it sometimes takes a while for certain players to fully integrate and it seems that Keita's one of those players. I definitely have faith in his ability and think he'll come good. If it gets to the end of the season and he's still struggling them maybe that's cause for concern but even then I'd probably still be confident that he'll be fine. I did expect more from him and when I saw him in pre season I was really impressed and thought he'd be an instant success but as we know pre season is very unreliable. Even still though we have seen flashes of what he could be already.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4665 on: January 11, 2019, 08:03:25 pm »
Lovren must be an Aquarian then
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4666 on: January 11, 2019, 09:10:59 pm »
He just doesn't look like a final third player to me. I feel like playing him further up almost neutralises his best strength, which is from what I have seen of him, ball progression.

Yup .... ball progressions through the midfield but also defensive actions there and possession regains
He’s not a final third player and hasn’t been before he got here. He has so much ability he can still play well higher but it’s not what he’s elite at

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4667 on: January 11, 2019, 10:23:53 pm »

You'd be right to be concerned if we had a Jose Mourinho in the dug out. who isn't interested in anyone who isn't right on it, but we have the big man, and you've seen the results of his patience, eye for a player and coaching ability and what it has done for the likes of Ox, Fabinho, Robertson to name a few.
I'm not concerned at all, dissapointed a shade maybe, not in the player, but just in the situation with injuries and that. I think we'll see what a player he is more next season, but what a boost for us it would be if he stepped it up for the run in

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4668 on: January 11, 2019, 10:24:26 pm »
No mate I agree with you. He should be doing more to impose himself on games. I think he can be a good player for us but so far it’s been a bit meh. Especially as he cost 57m.

You have doubts concerning the team? I, for one, am shocked.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4669 on: January 11, 2019, 10:29:56 pm »
Ha! Not really concerned, he's been here 6 months, yeah it'd be ice if he was a mainstay in the midfield and putting in performances that dominate other sides but frequently that doesn't happen for a combination of reasons - some of them obvious, new league, new team (moreso with the way Klopp wants his new players to learn about the way team plays), some not so much - others intangible (new environment, club etc). Not even convinced he's been as bad as is made out, he's had some good games, some not so good, been injured, eased in and out of the side. The high expectations (mine too) at the beginning of the season probably don't help either. Personally don't get concerned after 6 months, it's not the same for every player.

People also tend to forget, he started off well, then got injured and was out, which allowed the likes of Wijnaldum and Fabinho to cement their places in the starting eleven, which has made it difficult for him to get a prolonged look-in

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4670 on: January 12, 2019, 09:38:13 am »
With Fabinho most likely in the back 4, I would start Keita in midfield with Gini and Milner (I would have preferred to have gone with Hendo instead of Milner but he seems to be out as well)

I would also play Keita as the most advanced of the 3 midfielders and tell him to be the creative force out there..

Allison
TAA       Fabinho        VVD        Robbo

Milner            Gini
                              Keita

Salah     Firmino      Mane

Maybe Keita just needs a run of games and an arm around his shoulder..  The latter will never be a problem with Klopp around.. The former is probably more difficult given the centre backs and midfielders likely to return soon and the kind fixture list from here on in..

So today could actually be really crucial for Keita and how he is viewed by Klopp for the rest of the season..

In any case.. with a season of adjustment under his belt and another full pre season behind him, we will see him fulfill his truw potential next season I feel..

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:40:29 am by 88_RED »
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4671 on: January 12, 2019, 09:46:25 am »
With Fabinho most likely in the back 4, I would start Keita in midfield with Gini and Milner (I would have preferred to have gone with Hendo instead of Milner but he seems to be out as well)

I would also play Keita as the most advanced of the 3 midfielders and tell him to be the creative force out there..

Allison
TAA       Fabinho        VVD        Robbo

Milner            Gini
                              Keita

Salah     Firmino      Mane

Maybe Keita just needs a run of games and an arm around his shoulder..  The latter will never be a problem with Klopp around.. The former is probably more difficult given the centre backs and midfielders likely to return soon and the kind fixture list from here on in..

So today could actually be really crucial for Keita and how he is viewed by Klopp for the rest of the season..

In any case.. with a season of adjustment under his belt and another full pre season behind him, we will see him fulfill his truw potential next season I feel..

Will be surprised if Salah isn't playing as our striker to be honest - with Bobby linking.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4672 on: January 12, 2019, 09:56:19 am »
Will be surprised if Salah isn't playing as our striker to be honest - with Bobby linking.

Nothing to be surprised about mate..
Given how the front 3 play you are likely to see the below options through the course of the match:

Salah      Firmino       Mane

Or

Firmino
                Salah     Mane

Or

Salah      Mane     Firmino

Or

Firmino       
                                    Mane
                   Salah

Or

Mane     Salah      Firmino

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4673 on: January 12, 2019, 01:52:59 pm »
Nothing to be surprised about mate..
Given how the front 3 play you are likely to see the below options through the course of the match:

Salah      Firmino       Mane

Or

Firmino
                Salah     Mane

Or

Salah      Mane     Firmino

Or

Firmino       
                                    Mane
                   Salah

Or

Mane     Salah      Firmino

Any more?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4674 on: January 12, 2019, 04:55:01 pm »
I know we won, but fuck me that moment in like the 92nd minute where he lost the ball and just stopped playing did my head in. He’d only just come on as well.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4675 on: January 12, 2019, 04:56:02 pm »
He's done that a few times, expected a free kick that was never coming, think he just needs to get used to how the game is reffed here.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #4676 on: January 12, 2019, 04:56:40 pm »
I know we won, but fuck me that moment in like the 92nd minute where he lost the ball and just stopped playing did my head in. He’d only just come on as well.

Hard to judge in the space of a few minutes, but overall so far I am a bit underwhelmed to be honest.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4677 on: January 12, 2019, 04:58:25 pm »
That was a foul on him but some.of you are ready to crucify him at the first.given opportunity.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4678 on: January 12, 2019, 04:59:02 pm »
Some people need to re-evaluate their lives.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4679 on: January 12, 2019, 05:01:19 pm »
That was a foul on him but some.of you are ready to crucify him at the first.given opportunity.
Brighton made these fouls all game long on all players, but got uncalled. Still, Keita should have held his own like Gini, Milly, Hendo, etc.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."