Author Topic: Safe Standing ( split from: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield)  (Read 493200 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
FA going to announce support for safe standing.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
So that’s the FA and the PL which have now come out in support of safe standing.

I imagine the Govt will still find a reason not to do so.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
So that’s the FA and the PL which have now come out in support of safe standing.

I imagine the Govt will still find a reason not to do so.

Very unlikely they will have the time to discuss it thanks to Brexit. Too busy trying to find non-existent warehouse space to stockpile food and meds.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
Is the ruling on safe standing a reason to delay anfield road redevelopment? The kop going safe standing would that actually increase capacity?
No time for caution.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
A serious question on this...

If we was too get safe standing passed and fitted into stadiums, do you think the fans/supporters will stand one person to one seat? I ask this as it is becoming more of an issue (especially on away days, home and abroad) where you get more than one person to one seat and to be honest, I've witnessed on several occasions minor arguments on people who's seat it has been asking the people in front of them (where people are with mates of 1,2 or more to one seat to move out of the way!).

I'm old enough to remember, and  stood on the Kop where there was an element of politeness where you would try to allow the people behind you a view of the game. This is not happening as much and it does seem to be getting more like I will stand where I want with my mates (if I can get away with it, i.e if the stewards allow this to happen!) .

This is a genuine question, with a bit of concern, not a rant.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
A serious question on this...

If we was too get safe standing passed and fitted into stadiums, do you think the fans/supporters will stand one person to one seat? I ask this as it is becoming more of an issue (especially on away days, home and abroad) where you get more than one person to one seat and to be honest, I've witnessed on several occasions minor arguments on people who's seat it has been asking the people in front of them (where people are with mates of 1,2 or more to one seat to move out of the way!).

I'm old enough to remember, and  stood on the Kop where there was an element of politeness where you would try to allow the people behind you a view of the game. This is not happening as much and it does seem to be getting more like I will stand where I want with my mates (if I can get away with it, i.e if the stewards allow this to happen!) .

This is a genuine question, with a bit of concern, not a rant.

my understanding is with the safe standing you still get a row and a "space" number rather than seat number so it will be the same situation as it is now. you get an allocated spot so its unlikely to improve the situation you describe above.

just my understanding that though - happy to hear from people more in the know

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
It works at Celtic where there are strict conditions given to the 3000 who use the safe standing area.  Basically they comply with the correct positions or they lose their season ticket.  There is an element of self policing.   Whether self policing would work if the numbers increase above 3000 remains to be seen.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Would the Kop need to be re-profiled for safe standing? And if it’s 1 space per person... then realistically it wouldn’t increase the capacity of the Kop....... so would be expensive with no real benefit given most people stand anyway.

Offline ianrush79

• Kopite
Would the Kop need to be re-profiled for safe standing? And if it’s 1 space per person... then realistically it wouldn’t increase the capacity of the Kop....... so would be expensive with no real benefit given most people stand anyway.

I think you have missed the point here. Rail seating would make it safe to stand, not as an opportunity to increase capacity
Phil Brown just off the phone. Stupid sod didn't know what 'Gardening Leave' meant. He's spent the past week planting fucking roses.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I think you have missed the point here. Rail seating would make it safe to stand, not as an opportunity to increase capacity

Technically it has the potential to be both.

Offline Adamski LFC

• Kopite
  • Polymath, ... I think not
    • Dash Equestrian
Re: Safe Standing ( split from: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield)
« Reply #1690 on: October 27, 2018, 07:20:11 pm »
A rough metric i have seen used is

1.2 to 1

So 3,000 seats become 3,600 rail seats.

I think we would need stewards, close monitoring of the area and cameras to provide the needed level of safety.  The difference between the levels of standing from one another would have to allow good views too, provided we haven't got a 5 foot person behind a 6'4 one.
Hoping not to embarrass oneself should not be the ultimate aim when posting

Offline decisivemoment

• Anny Roader
Re: Safe Standing ( split from: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield)
« Reply #1691 on: November 2, 2018, 11:15:53 pm »
Celtic as far as I can tell simply turned 3,000 seats over to 3,000 standing positions convertible to 3,000 seats for European games. Borussia Dortmund on the other hand have a 1.7 to 1 standing to seated capacity ratio on the Südtribüne, which has more than 24,400 positions in standing room configuration and using that ratio about 14,400 in seated configuration (see http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/news/borussiadortmundhostsafestandinggroup). My recollection is that back in the 1990s when terraces that were properly inspected and certified under the Safety of Sports Grounds Act were converted directly to seating, the ratio was about 2 to 1 or a touch over; note that the new Kop is physically significantly larger than the old one, which is why the seated capacity is more than half the old one.

One key difference between the Borussia and Celtic installations is that the arrangement at Signal Iduna Park features intermediate risers between each rail, while at Celtic Park they simply installed the rails on the existing double-spaced risers, thereby preventing going beyond the seated capacity. I assume the implication at Borussia is that fans are given a slightly wider space but at half the depth compared to seating configuration.

That's a debate that will presumably be visited in any discussion on licensing standing room in the top leagues in England and Wales. I can see arguments in both directions; the question between a low-density Celtic Park approach and a high density Borussia-type approach may hinge in part on whether the German experience can be replicated in the UK with UK fans.....of course the Celtic Park approach probably wouldn't do much of anything to lower ticket prices, so the case there would depend on stadium atmosphere.

Online emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1692 on: November 3, 2018, 12:29:01 pm »
Celtic as far as I can tell simply turned 3,000 seats over to 3,000 standing positions convertible to 3,000 seats for European games. Borussia Dortmund on the other hand have a 1.7 to 1 standing to seated capacity ratio on the Südtribüne, which has more than 24,400 positions in standing room configuration and using that ratio about 14,400 in seated configuration

The Südtribüne isn't all 'safe standing' though; the bottom half is terraced, so that's why they'll have such a big ratio.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1693 on: December 18, 2018, 12:34:48 pm »
Been waiting a while to see it but saw some pics last night of the spurs safe standing by stealth.
Wondering if will be good or not.
Looks good. It’s seating but with a high rail behind. Clever if a bit surprised it’s allowed!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1694 on: December 18, 2018, 02:35:29 pm »
Can you link to the pics mate. Will be interesting to see.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1696 on: December 18, 2018, 02:47:17 pm »
Ta.

Be interesting if they pass any future tests, as the barrier in front of you when standing looks particularly low compared to all the safe standing seats I’ve seen.

This is the FSF gallery for example, and they all show front barriers above waist height - https://get.google.com/albumarchive/116930573047033060899/album/AF1QipMZpBIyKUx6ysHfn29i3etPuesnA4myYuQFNSZl
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:49:46 pm by CraigDS »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1697 on: December 18, 2018, 06:12:38 pm »
Thanks that’s the pics I was on about.
Interesting isn’t it.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1698 on: December 18, 2018, 06:17:26 pm »
Well it is for the fact they’ve gone ahead and installed it but I thought it was some new revolutionary way of having it but it just looks like slightly lower bars. They don’t look particularly safe as seen at a height that you could still potentially go over.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1700 on: December 22, 2018, 09:13:17 pm »
Decent video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp9bVOrk6ck

Looks great to be fair - but those rails do look low - they look like just below hip height - in a big game when it goes off, you'll have people falling over them 100%.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline tgwj77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1701 on: February 24, 2019, 06:23:17 pm »
The Südtribüne isn't all 'safe standing' though; the bottom half is terraced

A fact which is conveniently never, ever mentioned by promoters of pro-safe standing/rail seating.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1702 on: February 25, 2019, 12:30:04 pm »
A fact which is conveniently never, ever mentioned by promoters of pro-safe standing/rail seating.

To be fair I didn't know this. How does that work for Champions League matches?

Online emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1703 on: February 26, 2019, 07:14:13 am »
To be fair I didn't know this. How does that work for Champions League matches?

They install seats each time.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
These blerts who have ran onto the pitches over the weekend have stirred up a bit of chat about upping security in stadiums, it better not result in this getting shelves or the twats ought to see the gallows.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
  • River Plate And Liverpool FC FAN.
    • https://www.cariverplate.com.ar/
What do you think of the new Spurs stadium?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO29emS9aBo
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:38:03 am by Nico CARP »
River Plate Forum
https://www.turiver.com/

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1

Exceptionally dull.  I mean, it’s a football stadium and they’ve done nothing at all to reflect that. Not shown here, but the concourses are equally dull.

It’s more like a shopping center, and a dull one at that. 

Makes you appreciate the design that went into the new main stand
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
Exceptionally dull.  I mean, it’s a football stadium and they’ve done nothing at all to reflect that. Not shown here, but the concourses are equally dull.

It’s more like a shopping center, and a dull one at that. 

Makes you appreciate the design that went into the new main stand

It's designed for the NFL, pure and simple as that.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 07:26:59 am by ChrisLFCKOP »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
It's designed for the NFL, pure and simple as that.

Why, though? Even if they somehow get a permanent NFL franchise, they only play eight regular season home games a year.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
I tell you what.
I’m impressed by it as new stadiums go.
But give me a low roof over our kop any day. All dark and moody at the back.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?

Looks like a shopping centre from outside but inside looks nice to me.

Having said that, I'm not sure I'd like it so much if it were ours. Not really sure why either.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
Does anyone know, when the club will make decision on Anfield Road expansion?
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Does anyone know, when the club will make decision on Anfield Road expansion?
When the training ground is done, or maybe a little before
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
If I had to choose between a league title or an Anfield Road expansion thread, I’d have to have a serious think.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Worth noting that people have said there will be an announcement in the summmer.  We will see I guess
W

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
If I had to choose between a league title or an Anfield Road expansion thread, I’d have to have a serious think.

League title all day long!

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
League title all day long!

it could be an ace thread though too.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
When the training ground is done, or maybe a little before

Cheers. When is the training ground due to be completed?
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Cheers. When is the training ground due to be completed?
Early ish 2020
W

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
Re: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.
« Reply #1719 on: August 23, 2019, 10:15:28 am »
Aim is open in 2022.

It will be around 61,000 maybe 61,500 but that number will move as they finalise the design.  Certainly well over 60,000

any idea what could our capacity be if safe standing comes in and the Kop can be converted to safe standing?
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."