Author Topic: Safe Standing ( split from: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield)  (Read 493249 times)

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Safe Standing ( split from: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield)
« Reply #1480 on: November 14, 2016, 07:52:30 pm »
Does anyone imagine that if safe standing was approved by the Premier League, Liverpool would agree to it if the HFSG were opposed?

If enough clubs vote for it there's nothing Liverpool FC would be able to do. I imagine if HFSG are opposed the club would just not install rail seating at Anfield.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Safe Standing ( split from: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield)
« Reply #1481 on: November 14, 2016, 08:35:19 pm »
If enough clubs vote for it there's nothing Liverpool FC would be able to do. I imagine if HFSG are opposed the club would just not install rail seating at Anfield.

HFSG is not Liverpool FC, nor is it representative of the fans that stand at away matches week in and week out, or those that chose to stand on the Kop when they can.   I fully understand the reasons for HFSG's stance but they should also acknowledge that there are many that prefer to stand and do so at every opportunity.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1482 on: November 15, 2016, 11:19:19 am »
HFSG is not Liverpool FC, nor is it representative of the fans that stand at away matches week in and week out, or those that chose to stand on the Kop when they can.   I fully understand the reasons for HFSG's stance but they should also acknowledge that there are many that prefer to stand and do so at every opportunity.
HFSG’s stance is nonsensical.

If the objection is to standing at football matches, why are they saying nothing about the current extensive standing at home, by away fans, and by our away fans when we travel?

Railed seating makes what is happening safer – which should be close to their hearts.

The families and the various Hillsborough organisations have done a superb job for Justice. But they are not an advisory body for future stadia developments.

I would also be cautious about the extent to which, and the numbers for whom, this policy is representative.

Standing at football matches is the elephant in the PL room at the moment and is really at the heart of West Ham’s difficulties.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: November 15, 2016, 01:33:26 pm »
What ever way you look at it, the HFSG have the clubs ear.  They largely have the monopoly on the clubs stance on the subject.

When it comes to common sense, the majority of them simply don't want to listen.   As soon as the word 'standing' is mentioned, they simply dig their heels in.

If anyone could get them to look at the current issues objectively, I think a lot would see the sense in a proposal for rail seating.

The problem is, they won't, and because their stance has been entrenched for so long, it's now seen as their default position.

It's not going to change any time soon. If ever.

It's a shame, but there it is.

Anyone from the HFSG looking in, my comments aren't here to offend you, and if my opinion does, sorry, but that's how I feel.

As someone who was at Hillsborough myself, both in 88 and 89, I feel my opinion is just as valid as yours.  The problem is, my opinion, and many like mine are simply ignored by the club, although as a still, regular match go'er, I see the issues first hand, every single game.

I'm all for the trial of rail seating. Whether any trial would be in favour, or against it, unless we have some trials, we'll never know.*

*By trials, I mean the Premier League, and wider UK footballing community, and not just LFC.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #1484 on: November 15, 2016, 06:41:52 pm »

If the objection is to standing at football matches, why are they saying nothing about the current extensive standing at home, by away fans, and by our away fans when we travel?

Railed seating makes what is happening safer – which should be close to their hearts.

The families and the various Hillsborough organisations have done a superb job for Justice. But they are not an advisory body for future stadia developments.

I would also be cautious about the extent to which, and the numbers for whom, this policy is representative.

Standing at football matches is the elephant in the PL room at the moment and is really at the heart of West Ham’s difficulties.

You'll have to explain that one to me Whiteboots. Why is standing impacting on West Ham this year? I thought it was a failure to police and steward the venue effectively. Is that not the case?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1485 on: November 15, 2016, 06:46:28 pm »
What ever way you look at it, the HFSG have the clubs ear.  They largely have the monopoly on the clubs stance on the subject.

When it comes to common sense, the majority of them simply don't want to listen.   As soon as the word 'standing' is mentioned, they simply dig their heels in.

If anyone could get them to look at the current issues objectively, I think a lot would see the sense in a proposal for rail seating.

The problem is, they won't, and because their stance has been entrenched for so long, it's now seen as their default position.

Anyone from the HFSG looking in, my comments aren't here to offend you, and if my opinion does, sorry, but that's how I feel.

As someone who was at Hillsborough myself, both in 88 and 89, I feel my opinion is just as valid as yours.  The problem is, my opinion, and many like mine are simply ignored by the club, although as a still, regular match go'er, I see the issues first hand, every single game.

I'm all for the trial of rail seating. Whether any trial would be in favour, or against it, unless we have some trials, we'll never know.*

*By trials, I mean the Premier League, and wider UK footballing community, and not just LFC.

Good on you Richie, need more sensible fellas like you voicing opinions with the background to deserve those opinions instead of eejits like me who  can't see the bigger picture.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:48:50 pm by Le Jake »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1486 on: November 15, 2016, 09:02:38 pm »

Ditto from another veteran of 88 and 89, unfortunately the blinkers are well and truly on the horse. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1487 on: November 16, 2016, 10:59:41 am »
You'll have to explain that one to me Whiteboots. Why is standing impacting on West Ham this year? I thought it was a failure to police and steward the venue effectively. Is that not the case?

Fans who stood at Upton Park are now wanting to stand at 'London Stadium' but are in areas where fans around them aren't/won't stand, creating problems within their own fans. Few altercations over it in first few games and lots of regular match going fans from Upton Park extremely pissed off about it.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
« Reply #1488 on: November 16, 2016, 01:23:35 pm »
Fans who stood at Upton Park are now wanting to stand at 'London Stadium' but are in areas where fans around them aren't/won't stand, creating problems within their own fans. Few altercations over it in first few games and lots of regular match going fans from Upton Park extremely pissed off about it.

Cheers pal, thanks for the clarification.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1489 on: November 16, 2016, 11:06:20 pm »

It is only nonsensical if you completely ignore the increase in safety brought about by reducing the number of people crammed into an area. I think it is a given that 1 seat 1 fan rail seating is safer than the current situation. The reality though is that the people pushing the rail seating agenda also want to dramatically increase the number of fans in a given area.

That for me is were the problems arise and were the concerns over safety come into it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1491 on: November 17, 2016, 03:22:40 pm »
Premier League clubs agree to hold further talks on the possibility of introducing safe standing at grounds. http://bbc.in/2f80AKO

Premier League clubs have agreed further talks on the possibility of introducing safe standing at grounds.

Top flight and Championship stadiums have to be all-seater since terraces were outlawed in the aftermath of the 1989 Hillsborough disaster.

Initial discussions between clubs were held on Thursday, with an emphasis on safety being of paramount importance.

West Ham co-chairman David Gold said the meeting represented the "first steps towards safe standing".

Issues around reintroducing standing at stadiums are believed to vary from club to club, with Everton confirming they are "not considering" safe standing.

Ninety six Liverpool fans died in the Hillsborough disaster, and Hillsborough Support Group secretary Sue Roberts said it would be a "backwards step" to bring back standing.

Dan Johnson, Premier League director of communications, said there had been a "softening" on the topic of standing, citing Celtic's 3,000 'rail seats' at Celtic Park as an example safe standing was working.

"Maybe at some clubs it might be how do we create an atmosphere and maintain it," said Johnson. "But I think a lot of it is to do with listening to their fans and hearing they're interested in looking at it.

"It is very early stages. It's a very emotive subject still. We're acutely aware of that.

"A number of our clubs do want to discuss it so it's on the agenda.

"We will discuss that but beyond that the only thing I can see happening at these early stages is a scoping exercise, talking to interested stakeholders - including fans' groups and Hillsborough families, but also talking with the government because the legislation is still in place for all-seater stadiums.

"I know it will create discussion but it's a long road and it might not necessarily lead to the introduction of safe standing."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:35:55 pm by Samie »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1492 on: November 17, 2016, 03:31:45 pm »
Pretty disappointed the club has taken a position on the issue without first consulting the wider fanbase.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1493 on: November 17, 2016, 03:35:51 pm »
Pretty disappointed the club has taken a position on the issue without first consulting the wider fanbase.

Yep, who is it who's decided to take this stand within the club? It's ridiculous how they can "formally oppose" it yet allow what happens on the kop to happen every week.

Hope SOS are in contact with them, the decision should come from the fans who go the game and are most qualified on the matter, not somebody in a boardroom
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: November 17, 2016, 03:47:09 pm »
Yep, who is it who's decided to take this stand within the club? It's ridiculous how they can "formally oppose" it yet allow what happens on the kop to happen every week.

Hope SOS are in contact with them, the decision should come from the fans who go the game and are most qualified on the matter, not somebody in a boardroom
I would think the club get their lead from the HFSG.

The club are never going to go against their wishes, as to be seen to be insensitive.

As long as it's opposed, I would think the clubs de facto position would be the same.

Obviously, those who own and run the club, have only a few years ago, walked into a historic situation that has been ongoing for 27 years.
They are never going to upset the applecart, and many would say, rightly so.

It's just a shame that they can't take the wishes and views of the wider match going supporters into account, instead of just one camp.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1495 on: November 17, 2016, 04:23:04 pm »
How disappointing from the club.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1496 on: November 17, 2016, 10:00:00 pm »

What position? All they've given is a "No comment"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1497 on: November 17, 2016, 10:18:16 pm »
What position? All they've given is a "No comment"

The original article I read said we were the only club who voted against it.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1498 on: November 17, 2016, 11:07:46 pm »
We also have to look at it from a business point of view. Converting to rail seats on a 1:1 basis adds a cost but no added income for the business. Going above 1:1 can potentially add income but it also messes with the capacity sweet spot that FSG are trying to find to maximise their investment.

They are looking to grow the capacity gradually with the main stand being the first stage, hopefully followed by the Anfield Road expansion. The big money comes from filling the expensive seats and the corporate facilities. That is easier if you keep demand substantially above supply.

If you suddenly throw a large number of cheap standing places into the mix then have a negative effect on the sweet spot and you potentially allow fans to offload more expensive seats for cheaper ones and you risk driving down the profit per seat/space.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1499 on: November 17, 2016, 11:37:13 pm »
It's impossible to make that assumption Al. The ones buying expensive seats aren't, for the most part, doing so because they cannot buy cheaper seats, so increasing the amount of cheaper seats should not hit demand for expensive ones so much.

Cheap standing tickets also opens up another market for people currently priced out of the match, so has the potential to increase the total demand.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1500 on: November 18, 2016, 12:01:30 am »
It's impossible to make that assumption Al. The ones buying expensive seats aren't, for the most part, doing so because they cannot buy cheaper seats, so increasing the amount of cheaper seats should not hit demand for expensive ones so much.

Cheap standing tickets also opens up another market for people currently priced out of the match, so has the potential to increase the total demand.

It is basic economics though Craig. Demand substantially outstripping supply leads to prices increasing whilst supply outstripping demand leads to prices decreasing.

Because of work and other commitments a lot of people cannot attend every game. At present they are in a situation were they are basically forced to buy a season ticket to get in to the games they can attend. Massively increase the capacity don't sell out and those people will pick and choose their games.

Then you have the lower ranked corporate tickets and hotel packages that people buy simply to get a ticket. Why do that when tickets become far easier to come by. In the 80's for low demand games the Kop would be the busiest part of the ground. It has taken the owners of Clubs decades to gentrify the game and to thereby drive prices upwards. Why would they now want to do the opposite and offer cheaper places in the ground.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1501 on: November 18, 2016, 01:31:45 am »
The Club stance is disappointing but it is time for those of us who support the option for standing at grounds to ensure that the official view of The Club is not necessarily representative of a significant number of fans. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1502 on: November 18, 2016, 02:40:16 am »

All I've seen is that LFC are "opposed" to it. I don't know that there was a vote as such, just a discussion and an agreement to further investigation.

It is basic economics though Craig. Demand substantially outstripping supply leads to prices increasing whilst supply outstripping demand leads to prices decreasing.

Because of work and other commitments a lot of people cannot attend every game. At present they are in a situation were they are basically forced to buy a season ticket to get in to the games they can attend. Massively increase the capacity don't sell out and those people will pick and choose their games.

Then you have the lower ranked corporate tickets and hotel packages that people buy simply to get a ticket. Why do that when tickets become far easier to come by. In the 80's for low demand games the Kop would be the busiest part of the ground. It has taken the owners of Clubs decades to gentrify the game and to thereby drive prices upwards. Why would they now want to do the opposite and offer cheaper places in the ground.

The economics depend on a lot of things, none of which we have any accurate figures for.

General sale tickets in all parts of the ground sell out more or less immediately at current prices. There are certainly fans who would like to go who can't afford to pay current prices. Therefore it stands to reason that there is room for selling more tickets specifically to those fans. If the fans who can afford to pay more insisted on snapping up all the lower priced tickets, we'd have a problem, but there are ways to mitigate against that. (For example, holding them back for gate sales on the day of the match would deter people travelling a long distance when they wouldn't be guaranteed a seat.)

As for why the club might want to do that, it's been discussed endlessly in this and many other threads.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1503 on: November 18, 2016, 09:02:16 am »

I think them being opposed is from a few years ago, not related to the prem league meeting yesterday. The Guardian have asked every club about it and Liverpool just gave a no comment

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #1504 on: November 18, 2016, 09:52:00 am »
We also have to look at it from a business point of view. Converting to rail seats on a 1:1 basis adds a cost but no added income for the business.

The money saved through Maintenence costs could be a factor that might sway the club to implement it, even at a 1:1 basis.

“Rail seats” which are common in the German Bundesliga cost about 30 per cent more than a top quality conventional seat (like those in the Emirates or the AMEX) but are virtually indestructible when compared to plastic.

Many stadium managers bemoan the maintenance and replacement costs of “normal” plastic seats. However, metal rail seats don’t need replacing because the colour’s faded, or because of general wear and tear or (occasionally) criminal damage.
Hannover's seats have been in place since 2005 and they’ve had no breakages at all, even in the away section. The FSF estimate pay-back on investment within ten years from the cut in maintenance costs alone.
- See more at: http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/safe-standing-the-business-case#sthash.5F5a8Bbb.dpuf

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: November 18, 2016, 02:48:00 pm »
The article that says the club has voted against it, where is it?

All I can find is an article by The Guardian which says the club is against it, but then quotes HFSG. 

It also says that SOS voted in favour of safe standing as well, which isn't true.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1506 on: November 18, 2016, 02:58:24 pm »
Pretty sure it was a BBC article. Can't remember the exact wording (voted or opposed it, one or the other I think) but was definitely along those lines. Article may well have changed since I read it.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1507 on: November 19, 2016, 12:28:47 pm »

The money saved through Maintenence costs could be a factor that might sway the club to implement it, even at a 1:1 basis.

Maintenance is a good point and something they may consider.

They will also consider the fact that standing is almost always cheaper than a seat. FSG's entire pricing model is about varying the amount that is paid dependent on how premium the seat is. According to FSG the fans with the better seats should pay more than those in the corners for instance.

Well then surely those without a seat at all should pay less than those with a seat.

Prior to the ban on terraces owners had spent huge sums converting standing areas to seated areas so they could increase their Clubs revenue per fan. It now seems bizarre that owners would now want to spend money to do the reverse.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1508 on: November 20, 2016, 08:16:50 am »
But isn't the seating to standing ratio 1 to 1.8 thus possibly increasing the capacity and offsetting any overall revenue drop . I would hope that if it's agreed by the premier league that the club would consult widely with the fan base and a possible vote amongst the season ticket and member card holders to gauge the match going reaction . And I say this as someone who was at Hillsborough ...the justice campaign has been fought brilliantly with great honour but the HFSG consists of people who have probably never stood or even been to football matches , so there opinion on it is important but shouldn't be the over riding position

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: November 20, 2016, 11:31:34 am »
But isn't the seating to standing ratio 1 to 1.8 thus possibly increasing the capacity and offsetting any overall revenue drop .

It could be anything up to 1.8, but it is likely to be lower than that in practice. Celtic are trialling at 1:1.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #1510 on: December 13, 2016, 02:44:21 pm »
It is only nonsensical if you completely ignore the increase in safety brought about by reducing the number of people crammed into an area. I think it is a given that 1 seat 1 fan rail seating is safer than the current situation. The reality though is that the people pushing the rail seating agenda also want to dramatically increase the number of fans in a given area.

That for me is were the problems arise and were the concerns over safety come into it.
You have answered your own point.

Increased density in a restricted area is dangerous. 1/1 rail seating/standing is not.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #1511 on: December 13, 2016, 02:49:33 pm »
Mass standing in the lower sections is what has caused the problems for fans, stewards, and policing.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
« Reply #1512 on: December 17, 2016, 01:28:47 pm »
Mass standing in the lower sections is what has caused the problems for fans, stewards, and policing.

Cheers pal, already clarified further up the thread. I think they were always going struggle with that issue given that it is not a purpose built football stadium.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1513 on: December 17, 2016, 01:48:58 pm »
Cheers pal, already clarified further up the thread. I think they were always going struggle with that issue given that it is not a purpose built football stadium.

It's caused problems because they turned a blind eye to it at Upton Park. Since they've moved, those who stood are a little more spread out and are no longer allowed to stand, and when they have tried the ones who don't want to stand complain and it has caused arguments between them.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1514 on: December 17, 2016, 07:44:07 pm »
You have answered your own point.

Increased density in a restricted area is dangerous. 1/1 rail seating/standing is not.

I agree with you mate.

The thing is what is in it for the owners ?

Their business model has been to increase the price of the better seats. To charge people who sit on the halfway line more than those in the poorer seats. So in effect you want the owners to spend considerable amounts of money converting to safe standing for tickets that are less premium than the seats they replace.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1515 on: December 25, 2016, 07:35:35 am »
Forgive my ignorance regarding safe standing but having done a small project for a stand company for a minor German football club something struck me. And it was related to safe standing.

Wouldnt it be possible to evaluate how many people could be accommodated (standing) within each section as a "test" and then issue tickets based on that? Say, for example, if a stand can accommodate 10k people and there are 10 sections, it means each section has 1000 seats. But with a pre-test and taking into consideration of all the safety and security norms/features, say it can accommodate 1250 standing people per section. So the club issues only 1250 tickets to people who have bought tickets in this section. Wont it be a "safe bet" method to evaluate how many standing people could be accommodated in each section?

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1516 on: December 25, 2016, 03:16:13 pm »
Forgive my ignorance regarding safe standing but having done a small project for a stand company for a minor German football club something struck me. And it was related to safe standing.

Wouldnt it be possible to evaluate how many people could be accommodated (standing) within each section as a "test" and then issue tickets based on that? Say, for example, if a stand can accommodate 10k people and there are 10 sections, it means each section has 1000 seats. But with a pre-test and taking into consideration of all the safety and security norms/features, say it can accommodate 1250 standing people per section. So the club issues only 1250 tickets to people who have bought tickets in this section. Wont it be a "safe bet" method to evaluate how many standing people could be accommodated in each section?

The thing with safety is, you really want to know before things go wrong. Just filling up sections until there's a problem isn't ethical.
Not entirely sure that's what you were getting at, though?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1517 on: January 12, 2017, 09:40:08 am »
There is a safe standing episode on the Anfield wrap - mostly input form the Celtic experience - if anyone subscribes

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #1518 on: January 16, 2017, 09:45:00 am »
I agree with you mate.

The thing is what is in it for the owners ?

Their business model has been to increase the price of the better seats. To charge people who sit on the halfway line more than those in the poorer seats. So in effect you want the owners to spend considerable amounts of money converting to safe standing for tickets that are less premium than the seats they replace.
Sadly, you are right.

The fan case for safe standing is overwhelming, the owner case is the reverse.

FSG have made a lot of money at Anfield by ensuring an undersupply of capacity, creating seats that always attract a premium. Safe standing has no benefit to owners in a stadium which is normally sold out.

Offline andyw79

• Kopite
« Reply #1519 on: January 16, 2017, 10:55:30 am »
Correct me if im wrong here:
Take the kop for safe standing, the capacity could be increased in there with more standing to sitting ratio, therefore increasing capacity, we get to stand which we do anyway, better atmosphere, the club can reduce ticket prices in there slightly, i say slighty making everyone happy! No?
Also it would only be a one off cost to convert it as well meaning it would pay for itself over a short period of time!!
Winner???