Author Topic: Wearing a dress to Anfield on match day  (Read 12042 times)

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wearing a dress to Anfield on match day
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2023, 12:34:17 pm »
The club won't turn you away as long as you're appropriately covered.
I don't know what the rules are for the posh seats but the club is clamping down on bags. One problem with womens clothes is that they seldom come with pockets so you do need to consider where you're going to store your wallet, phone, keys etc.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2023, 12:48:29 pm »
Whilst it seems odd there is actually a reason for this. I actually met her dressed up in fancy dress at a Halloween party a good few years ago.
She has taken a liking to it and we have been on a few dates where we have swapped "roles" just to add that bit of fun.
It's can seem odd or weird but we keep it sensible and don't wear or do anything outrageous. As long as we are not doing anything to harm others.
In this case, we had a good chat this weekend and decided probably best not do it for match at Anfield but maybe something to do in the evening in the centre after the match. :)

Lol see if you’d shared that at the start you wouldn’t have created such a filthy ruckus …

Have a cracking time however you choose to dress good sir, and congrats on having such a fun and happy spirit.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2023, 12:50:45 pm »
I don't know what the rules are for the posh seats but the club is clamping down on bags. One problem with womens clothes is that they seldom come with pockets so you do need to consider where you're going to store your wallet, phone, keys etc.
I never take a bag as normally have my jeans/coat pockets but for the villa game decided to take a bag as no pockets at all. Thought the steward would get a tape measure out just to be sure I could be let in.

Never taking a bag again even when it is sunny, just going to pass my stuff around for others with pockets to carry.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 12:52:19 pm by sheepfest »

Offline MrZippo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2023, 01:01:43 pm »

Isn't that what bras are for? 🤣

Offline MrZippo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2023, 01:06:22 pm »
Lol see if you’d shared that at the start you wouldn’t have created such a filthy ruckus …

Have a cracking time however you choose to dress good sir, and congrats on having such a fun and happy spirit.

I guess you are right, I didn't even think about it to be honest.
Thanks for the kind words,
We will have a great time and it will be even better if we pick up the win!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2023, 01:50:57 pm »
Whilst it seems odd there is actually a reason for this. I actually met her dressed up in fancy dress at a Halloween party a good few years ago.
She has taken a liking to it and we have been on a few dates where we have swapped "roles" just to add that bit of fun.
It's can seem odd or weird but we keep it sensible and don't wear or do anything outrageous. As long as we are not doing anything to harm others.
In this case, we had a good chat this weekend and decided probably best not do it for match at Anfield but maybe something to do in the evening in the centre after the match. :)

Good call. Enjoy the match without distractions.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2023, 03:49:38 pm »
You could always do it for a local charity? Then you could have your bit of fun & do some good. No idea if your allowed to post a link to it here.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2023, 04:01:18 pm »
don't do what my mate did and leave your handbag on the floor of the pub with your phone and wallet in it.

Fortunately someone handed it in and he retrieved it behind the bar of the pub an hour or so after we left there!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2023, 08:09:44 am »
Each to his own but it reeks of 'pay attention to me'.Film it all on ya cell phone and have a crappy cardboard  sign,what's wrong with just taking in the atmos and match?

Agree 100%.  Just go and enjoy the match in your normal clothes. Anfield isn’t a fancy dress venue and if you pitch up in a dress you’ll likely attract unwanted attention which may spoil your first visit
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2023, 10:42:51 am »
it's fine, there's usually a handful of people wearing dresses (or 'overdressed' for football standards). as long as you're comfortable its' fine.

do think it's slightly weird in that you're doing it to 'add fun' to your first visit, though, and not due to your identity or style. but i guess it beats you turning up dressed like a banana or something.
YNWA.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2023, 10:59:08 am »
A dress is fine. This however:

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2023, 11:04:00 am »

Yep can't stand it when people wear baseball caps back to front.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2023, 11:15:48 am »
This thread has brightened my morning so thanks for that! I don't have any advice except to say just enjoy the match mate! It's your first ever trip to Anfield, so something you'll remember for ever. Hope you and your girlfriend also have a great time in Liverpool.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 11:18:27 am by Mr Benn please? »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2023, 12:32:33 pm »
I can never understand what possesses a person who finds it in any way appropriate to attend a football match in a jester's hat.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2023, 12:38:09 pm »
I can never understand what possesses a person who finds it in any way appropriate to attend a football match in a jester's hat.

Maybe he's a Jester.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2023, 12:52:58 pm »
Maybe he's a Jester.

Don't know why this response made me laugh so much ;D

Re the OP, wear what you want (I know you've seemingly made a decision anyway). But as this thread has made clear, ultimately some people will judge you for what you wear to a football match, whether that be a particular scarf, or a hat, or a dress etc. There will be some in the crowd with less progressive attitudes, and it only takes one person to spoil your day. They shouldn't, and it shouldn't matter what you wear, but they might, and you'll have no control of that. So if I were you I'd probably not take the risk. If this was something that was at the core part of your identity and it was important for you to wear a dress to be honest to yourself, you might think it worth the risk. But it seems like it's more for a bit of fun, which doesn't seem worth potentially ruining your day over.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2023, 12:55:34 pm »
Maybe he's a Jester.
Maybe he should follow Jester City, then.  :jester
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2023, 01:18:15 pm »

All my other hats were in the wash!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2023, 02:19:08 pm »
If you were trans and wanted to wear a dress then go for it

If you're just doing it to be a jester then don't be a twat, get your shirt on and go cheer for the reds as loud as you can
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2023, 03:22:29 pm »
It’s two things for me - personal safety and the appropriateness of being somewhere more formal like hospitality.

With regard to the second point, open hospitality I’m sure wouldn’t be an issue and I suspect most people would go no further than assuming you were doing it for a dare or on a stag etc, but if you happened to procure the tickets for a box/private table from a company I would take a moment to fathom the possible implications of dressing up in a manner that some people might take a dim view of - especially if it’s a corporate ticket where the vibe is normally more serious / for entertaining clients etc.

Re the first point you will just have to ask yourself if it’s worth it for, essentially, a brief private laugh between you and your partner. Ultimately we all like to hope that we live in a more grown up society and can allow people to live their lives in whatever way makes them happy, but sadly football - of all pastimes - seems to attract more knuckledraggers and repressed weirdos than most, so it only takes one flashpoint - likely with away fans - for your day to be eviscerated and in a worst case scenario, physical injury.

Ultimately if you are both genuinely cross-dressers or one or both of you is trans/gender fluid/on a gender/sexuality journey and you’re sincere then go and own the moment as long as you’re happy that the benefits outweigh the potential pitfalls

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2023, 03:34:12 pm »

Unless you are a prize dickhead

Or Luis Suarex

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2023, 09:33:59 pm »
Yep can't stand it when people wear baseball caps back to front.
Gerrin'!
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2023, 08:41:27 am »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2023, 08:56:50 am »
Kill Jester

:D Going to have to watch that again now.

Offline MrZippo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2023, 04:39:56 pm »
Thanks for all the replies.

We have both decided that we better not risk it and just enjoy the day as normal.

We had a good walk around Anfield today and you to see the beautiful mural's.

Anyone have advice on what bus back to the centre would be the best one to get after the game? I am guessing the no.17 back to the centre will take ages due to the amount of people queuing for it after the game.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2023, 05:18:48 pm »
I messed up on the registration and only got 1 ticket 😂
But I managed to get that ticket and it's for my wife. Will she have to sign up for a membership so I can transfer the ticket to her or can she just use my account?
I will be attending my first ever home match at Anfield for the upcoming West ham game on the 24th September.
My girlfriend managed to get us hospitality tickets as a birthday present for me (I am so lucky!).

All things considered, it's probably best to not let your wife know that you're planning on wearing your girlfriend's dress to the match..........a little red number might be a wee bit conspicuous if you're playing away when the Reds are playing at home

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2023, 05:21:45 pm »
All things considered, it's probably best to not let your wife know that you're planning on wearing your girlfriend's dress to the match..........a little red number might be a wee bit conspicuous if you're playing away when the Reds are playing at home

:lmao 
Pistolero the Bizzie
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2023, 12:17:56 am »

They're sex people!!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2023, 02:25:15 am »
Pistolero the Bizzie

I bet he was puffing on a pipe whilst he typed that.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2023, 02:36:38 am »
Pistolero the Bizzie

You don't get away with anything on RAWK.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2023, 09:02:31 am »

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2023, 11:25:34 am »
How did you, your wife and your girlfriend get on at the match?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2023, 01:40:32 pm »
How did you, your wife and your girlfriend get on at the match?

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2023, 02:33:16 am »

Looks like you have scared him off.  ;D