Author Topic: Certificate of Authenticity - Clyne Shirt  (Read 3295 times)

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
Certificate of Authenticity - Clyne Shirt
« on: May 28, 2017, 05:13:01 pm »
I got Clyne's match shirt at Villa away last season

I have it framed on my wall etc but may want to sell it one day - anyone know how I go about getting a COA? Will the club do it for me?

Cheers for any help

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Certificate of Authenticity - Clyne Shirt
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 09:44:53 pm »
How do you know it's Clynes match shirt. Where did you obtain it from?

A COA would only generally issued alongside the item initially, and not retrospectively.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 09:48:16 pm »
I doubt that the club would do anything to help you as they sell their own shirts.That being said if you got intouch with Clyne and told him that you would like a photo of him giving you the shirt to put into the display he may let you meet him at Melwood and take said photo.

If you tell him that you only want it incase you sell it then he will more than likely tell you to do one though.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 10:15:32 pm »
How do you know it's Clynes match shirt. Where did you obtain it from?

A COA would only generally issued alongside the item initially, and not retrospectively.

I got it at the match myself stoz

I doubt that the club would do anything to help you as they sell their own shirts.That being said if you got intouch with Clyne and told him that you would like a photo of him giving you the shirt to put into the display he may let you meet him at Melwood and take said photo.

If you tell him that you only want it incase you sell it then he will more than likely tell you to do one though.

Ive considered that - might try it

Cheers for help

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 10:36:39 pm »
I got it at the match myself stoz

Ok mate, in which case you wouldn't need a COA as you know 100% that it's genuine.

I wouldn't waste the time in trying to contact LFC or the player to do a 'handover' as the shirts already been handed to you by the player. You'll get no response, and they'll probably just think the request is a bit cheeky.

Best advice I can give you if you want to prove it's genuine for selling on, is to look through some match pictures and try and find some marks on the shirt, which tally up.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 12:02:57 am »
Guy wanted to sell his inherited guitar at the 2nd hand shop. He asks a hefty sum for it.. "I've inherited this from my granddad and Mick Jagger even played on it once. It's a classic!", he says.
Appraiser looks at it and says it's a normal guitar.
Irritated at the appraiser and his distrust, he goes "Well of course it just "looks" that way! Since I've had it, I had to replace the strings twice and the body once!"

You're gonna have a tough time with that. As long as you know it's authentic, then that's all that counts.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:08:46 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 12:25:51 am »
Ok mate, in which case you wouldn't need a COA as you know 100% that it's genuine.

I wouldn't waste the time in trying to contact LFC or the player to do a 'handover' as the shirts already been handed to you by the player. You'll get no response, and they'll probably just think the request is a bit cheeky.

Best advice I can give you if you want to prove it's genuine for selling on, is to look through some match pictures and try and find some marks on the shirt, which tally up.

exactly.

COA's aren't worth the paper they are written on, easier to fake than shirts.

Go to Getty Imagse or PropagandaPhotos and find a photo of him wearing it and hopefully there's some dirt on it as stoz says :D

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 10:39:31 am »
Cheers guys

Offline The Istvan Kozma Fan Club

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 11:08:46 am »
If you haven't washed it, Clyne's DNA can be on it from his sweat (or other bodily fluids), so a DNA test could prove your claim.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 11:22:56 am »
If you haven't washed it, Clyne's DNA can be on it from his sweat (or other bodily fluids), so a DNA test could prove your claim.

Or he could just clone his own Nathaniel Clyne and take a photo of him signing the shirt.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 11:31:43 am »
There's five or six pages on Getty.

This page might be of interest, as it shows the players giving away their shirts. (not Clyne)

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/aston-villa-liverpool?editorialproducts=sport&excludenudity=true&family=editorial&page=4&phrase=aston%20villa%20liverpool&sort=best#license

You could print off some of the images of the other players giving their shirts away in this particular match, as it gives context as to how you got yours.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:34:45 am by Bigly Red Richie »

Offline The Istvan Kozma Fan Club

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 12:30:22 pm »
Or he could just clone his own Nathaniel Clyne and take a photo of him signing the shirt.

Then sell the Clyne clone to the club as a left back (using the flip horizontal effect during cloning).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:32:42 pm by The Istvan Kozma Fan Club »

Offline Steve O

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 01:38:42 pm »
Player issue shirts are different from what you generally buy in the shops but don't know if there is anything different again to show it's a match worn shirt

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 01:51:50 pm »
Player issue shirts are different from what you generally buy in the shops but don't know if there is anything different again to show it's a match worn shirt

They use to be different, but not anymore.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 01:55:35 pm »

Hahaha - its certainly an option. The shirt did stink as well so will be plenty of it.

Just hope we dont move him on in the summer...