Author Topic: Peter Moore CEO  (Read 45470 times)

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Peter Moore CEO
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2017, 11:11:35 am »
Give the bloke a chance

Well said.

Sadly people jump to conclusions far too quickly now days.  He's not started yet, but people have already written him off. 

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2017, 11:36:05 am »
Absolutely terrible timing by the club, they really don't have a clue sometimes

Anyway, welcome Mr Moore. First thought it was Rafa's younger brother when I saw him.

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2017, 11:42:33 am »
Finally some positive news.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2017, 11:56:05 am »
Dein has stated a few times he's not interested in another club job after Arsenal (plus the guy is 73). We apparently approached him and Barwick (who I'd have liked to have come in in some role, have said that a few times) but neither were looking to be a club CEO.
Broughton had zero football background (working) before being employed by (for) us. Kenyon went from working for Umbro to working at United (in the commercial department to begin with, kind of like Ayre's path) Edelman worked numerous management positons before becoming MD at Arsenal - none of them football related.Barwick headed up numerous sports media departments (BBC, ITV, etc) before becoming involved directly in football at the FA.Dein himself wasn't involved in football prior to buying a share in Arsenal and getting a role there.
Thank you for taking the trouble to itemise their respective extensive football experience ( which we have missed) ! Well done.

Although for most, their moment has passed, the opportunities at the time, were missed.

It is true to say that as of now, those with football experience at CEO level who are worth taking are few. That the FSG approach is common across much of the top flight is not good for football full stop.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2017, 12:12:01 pm »
Don't know anything about the credentials of this guy, but restricting the pool of candidates to Liverpool supporters is frankly ridiculous. We should be aiming for the best CEO available for our needs. If he's the guy, then the fact he's a liverpool fan is a bonus. But it shouldn't be a selection criteria. The same thing was happening under the previous owners. Appointing key people in the club to appease the fans to hide from the fact that they were taking money from the club. While this is not the same situation, the lack of will to challenge for trophies is frankly concerning to say the least. Appointing a Liverpool fan CEO won't change anything if the views from the top don't change.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2017, 12:24:55 pm »
I dont think there's any suggestion the club were limiting their search to someone who supported Liverpool. That would be madness.

Moore is a highly qualified candidate who just happens to support Liverpool.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2017, 12:49:58 pm »
Absolutely terrible timing by the club, they really don't have a clue sometimes

Anyway, welcome Mr Moore. First thought it was Rafa's younger brother when I saw him.

IIRC, last night marked Ian Ayre's last game in his role, so in terms of a smooth transition it made sense to announce his successor immediately. The journalists would have been briefed about the appointment before the game (giving them time to file the story before covering the match) so for anyone to suggest it was rushed out to deflect from an atrocious result just doesn't know what they're talking about.

I get that the timing looks bad to fans of the club, but then the announcement isn't actually targeted at us - it's aimed at the business community who want to know who'll be running the club going forward.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2017, 01:09:36 pm »
Why would the club announce straight after a shocking defeat ?

Smoke screen perhaps???

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2017, 01:17:21 pm »
His work at Sega and Reebok will stand him in good stead for a job with us. Big names in the past, not so much any more  :butt
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2017, 01:20:24 pm »
I love how a forum with nobodies is deciding weather a CEO is right for the job of a worldwide entity such as Liverpool Football Club.  ;D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2017, 01:21:30 pm »
Announced just after another shite defeat to try take the attention away

It was announced at the end of the working day in Boston, and would have been announced even if we had won.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2017, 01:51:57 pm »
I love how a forum with nobodies is deciding weather a CEO is right for the job of a worldwide entity such as Liverpool Football Club.  ;D

As customers of the Liverpool Soccer Franchise, I think it's important to find out what way we'll be fucked over and if they intend using lube, or perhaps they're just going to do us EA style.

BTW has anyone heard about him being a massive Liverpool fan? I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2017, 01:54:36 pm »
EA's CEO on Moore's departure...

"Passion is essential for all of us at Electronic Arts.  It’s what gets us up in the morning and drives us to do extraordinary things. And if you’ve ever met Peter Moore, you know that he quite literally wears his passion for Liverpool FC on his sleeve.  So it’s with great excitement that we congratulate Peter on following his dream to become the next CEO of his beloved Liverpool Football Club.

Peter has been with us here at EA for nearly 10 years, and I consider myself privileged to have had the opportunity to work alongside him for that entire journey.  If you’ve seen him on stage, or follow him on Twitter, or have ever read an interview with him, you will have a sense of Peter’s wit and charisma.  What you should also know is that he is an unbelievable teammate, a tireless leader for our people, and his deep appreciation for great games and the passionate players in our communities is unwavering.

Peter will leave an incredible legacy.  Peter led our sports business to some of its biggest moments as President of EA SPORTS.  As our Chief Operating Officer, he helped us navigate the transformation of our company and the evolution of our business in a digital world.  In the past year as Chief Competition Officer, he has driven EA’s rapid expansion in competitive gaming.  Above all, through his time at EA, Microsoft and Sega, Peter has been a statesman and advocate for our industry.

In the weeks to come, Peter will continue to guide EA’s Competitive Gaming Division in its mission to make stars of all of our players.  Peter has built a fantastic team that is now running dozens of global tournaments and events with millions of players.  With more exciting expansion plans on the horizon, Peter will be working with the teams to drive a leadership transition before he returns to the UK this summer.  If you see him around the next couple of months, I hope and trust you will take the opportunity to shake his hand, or give him a hug, and wish him the very best on this great adventure.

I believe deeply in following our passions and dreams in life.  Spend every moment doing something that you love.  We’ve been fortunate to have Peter doing that with us here for almost a decade.  We could not be happier to see him take the helm at Liverpool, and I personally could not be more honored to call Peter a dear friend for life.

Thank you, Peter, for your passion and your leadership.  We’ll see you on the pitch at Anfield."

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2017, 02:01:05 pm »
You would think that this all but confirms a director of football to handle player signings and the such.
I dont imagine Moore who appears to me to be a marketing director would be involved with player negotiations as we know Ayre was.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2017, 02:02:29 pm »
Admittedly he has grown the EA Sports brand ten fold but how will that translate to running a football club?
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2017, 02:06:47 pm »
Boss taste in tattoo's

« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 02:09:17 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2017, 02:07:13 pm »
I like that he's from Liverpool, knows American culture so should communicate effectively with ownership when batting for us (and he will if he has the Liverpool bug), in his 60's (by that age, it becomes less about money and success, and a little bit more about passion and legacy), a supporter, comes across as pretty humble, sporting background from EA days.

Looks a good appointment and wish him success.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2017, 02:08:13 pm »
Admittedly he has grown the EA Sports brand ten fold but how will that translate to running a football club franchise?

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2017, 02:22:12 pm »
Boss taste in tattoo's

He got a GTA IV tattoo on the other one too. Can't wait for the Reus one next summer.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2017, 02:23:36 pm »
You would think that this all but confirms a director of football to handle player signings and the such.
I dont imagine Moore who appears to me to be a marketing director would be involved with player negotiations as we know Ayre was.

We've already sorted the football side of it with Edwards taking on (in part) the negotiating role that was once the responsibility of the CEO.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2017, 03:00:58 pm »
Smoke screen perhaps???
FSG are PR masters. Divert the attention from the real problem... poor squad.
Now everybody, let's talk about Peter Moore as our new CEO and forget how poor we are on the pitch !
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2017, 03:23:52 pm »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2017, 03:28:19 pm »
FSG are PR masters. Divert the attention from the real problem... poor squad.
Now everybody, let's talk about Peter Moore as our new CEO and forget how poor we are on the pitch !

They do know that people will still talk about the team, you know? Besides, they would have released the announcement last night whether we lost, won or drew.

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2017, 03:53:29 pm »

I dont get it ..

For this role FSG bring a successful experienced guy ( which is the right thing to do of course) but for the sporting director role they are happy with someone like Edwards ..

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2017, 05:30:33 pm »
Obviously the timing is horrible and should have either been done before the game, or the next day in order to give the announcement the importance it deserves.

I can't say anything on Moore's suitability as there is no track record to go on. What we can say from the youtube vids is that is comes across well and is also a good presenter/speaker which is an immediate improvement on Ayre.

His job will be to run the entire club which includes the business side of things. Whatever you think of EA, they are massive and they continue to rake in profits. We will need to translate some of that success to the club but the key will be allowing the sporting side to access that success and turn us into a winning team. Are the guys on the sporting side of things good enough? If they are not, then Moore has to be able to get rid and improve on them.

All we as fans mainly care about is giving Klopp the cash he needs and getting the targets he wants, if Moore can create the environment to do just that then he will be a success. The other issue is the relationship between the match-going fans and the club, which will be a harder task to resolve IMO but I hope he works hard to overcome these issues.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2017, 05:31:28 pm »
They do know that people will still talk about the team, you know? Besides, they would have released the announcement last night whether we lost, won or drew.
Talking as if you're part of their PR team yourself !
Do you know things we don't know?  ;)
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2017, 06:11:06 pm »
Highly amusing that we're falling out over the timing of the announcement of a CEO appointment, a position that is relatively divorced from the footballing side of things. I think we should give him a chance before deciding it's his fault Can is rubbish and Lucas can't play centre half. We really need to take a step back from football when we start losing our minds about the appointment of a CEO we realistically know very little about.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2017, 06:18:49 pm »
Honestly think this is an excellent appointment that's going to work out great. Baffling timing, though, and the fact he's not coming from a football background won't do much to appease FSG's critics.

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2017, 06:21:02 pm »
I'm curious, anyone know which pub his Mum & Dad run?
Victorious and glorious....

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2017, 06:21:02 pm »
Great signing, always trust an executive who got his degree from one of the educational powerhouses.

Oxford, Cambridge...Keele

Got to admit, this made me laugh.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 06:26:03 pm by Kage »

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2017, 06:25:10 pm »
They should have made this kind of appointment years ago, rather than promote Ayre to a job he couldn't do.

Hopefully this man can do the job unlike most FSG appointments.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

• Kopite
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2017, 06:28:33 pm »
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Got to admit, this made me laugh.

I thought it was bullshit elitism myself; the lad's a grafter who has done well for himself academically & professionally. I prefer him to some silver spooned Oxbridge don.

I'll bet he'd get on like a house on fire with my aul' mate Fat Scouser!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 06:40:08 pm by RedBootsTommySmith »

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2017, 06:40:03 pm »
I thought it was bullshit elitism myself; the lad's a grafter who has done well for himself academically & professionally. I prefer him to some silver spooned Oxbridge don.

Completely agree. Idiots stuck in their childhood obsess about the university someone has gone to. And for the record, Keele is a very good university. But honestly, who gives a damn. This man has done well for himself, and he is a good culture fit for our club. That's important.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2017, 06:50:29 pm »

Could indicate stormy times ahead for the club.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Online Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2017, 07:12:47 pm »
He hasn't hung around, his first day in the job and the summer transfers are already sorted...

Offline EFoley1991

• Kopite
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2017, 07:19:04 pm »
Excellent our new CEO comes from the voted worst company in the world.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2017, 07:30:47 pm »
it's in the game
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2017, 07:47:00 pm »
He hasn't hung around, his first day in the job and the summer transfers are already sorted...

Think this Knuckles fella could set the Premier League on fire.

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2017, 07:47:10 pm »

Which one is knuckles?  Sounds like just the fella we need.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2017, 07:47:54 pm »
Which one is knuckles?  Sounds like just the fella we need.

The red one.