Author Topic: Pre-Season: Match 4 - Liverpool vs. Huddersfield Town - Wed July 20th - 7.45pm  (Read 41601 times)

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Alexandra stan - Mr Saxobeat!💁
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
Decent half of a preseason game that.   :o

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
should be 3 up but really competitive game and the fitness is getting better by the game. Cannot ask for more really. Hope we get another couple of goals to polish up the game second half.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
If you break a leg in these kind of matches and gets a red card, do you get suspended for that??
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
If you break a leg in these kind of matches and gets a red card, do you get suspended for that??

You'd be really unlucky to break a leg and get a red card.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
My boy Grujic shutting people up.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
Really enjoying watching Grujic and Mane ....

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Should have scored another goal or two, but it's a pre-season game. For the players, it's about fitness. For me, it's about getting familiar with the new faces. The rest will have to wait.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
Mane, Firmino and Coutinho are starting to link up and gel already.

I couldn't enjoy the half as I'm watching the game on  a dreadful stream.

Who played the pass for Mane for the penalty? I missed half the play.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Mane's pace is frightening. And Grujic doesn't seem to have a problem with the physical side of English football.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
This has been a really enjoyable and competitive game. Grujic & Mane have been the standouts but Firmino and Coutiho (pen miss aside) have been quietly effective too. 

Looking forward to seeing more of Woodburn second half.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mane is rapid. Also, some great dummies to wrong-foot the defender. First touch was off a couple of times though.
Grujic is turning out to be way better than I expected.

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
Really enjoyed that first half. Quite liking the change in tempo from the previous games. There is a bit of an edge to the team in terms of the pressing and tackling that I haven't seen before. It's a "Ye shall not pass" mentality mixed with "I'm having that!!".

To add to it all I think our transitions are getting faster, something that Klopp's been instilling in the team perhaps ?? (or is it simply because Mane is playing instead of Lallana). 

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ejaria at 18 > Pogba at 18

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
We need to get that Prof who was on TAW to come and teach the lads how to take a pen

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
Good workout for the boys so far. Firmino looking impressive again even if he does drop deep a lot though perhaps that's a deliberate tactic as Mane is always looking to vacate the space he leaves. Mane looks quite sharp at times. He can change direction so quickly and often the defender can't cover quick enough - that could be worth a lot of goals next season. He's linking up quite well with the rest of the front line which is encouraging. Good to see Grujic on the scoresheet again. A cool touch and finish. The lad could have a big future. Let's just hope Coutinho isn't our new first choice pen taker. He has a habit of hitting them at a perfect height for the keeper.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Again we are playing a 4-3-3 tonight.  Interesting that Klopp has decided to make that our primary formation so far this summer. 

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
Most entertaining game of the pre-season so far, quite impressed with Huddersfield. Mané looking good again and certainly shouldn't have had his goal chalked off.

Grujic as more dominant in his first game I think, quite invisible today until he popped up with the goal. Since then he's been slightly more active.

Bar one ridiculous pass I think Lucas has done very well at CB, and he usually does.

Coutinho a bit invisible, Firmino tends to come too deep.

Randall looking very good though, I'd have him over Flanagan right now.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Grujic he has an eye for goal which is a huge bonus for a midfield,  also looks like he will be perfect against physical teams.
Early days I know but looks a real prospect

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan

You'd be really unlucky to break a leg and get a red card.

Macherano did something similar against Portsmouth in 2009-10 I think? He tried to stamp on a leg and hurt his ankle and was out for a month.

Sent off, injured and we lost that game. What a miserable fucking season....

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Again we are playing a 4-3-3 tonight.  Interesting that Klopp has decided to make that our primary formation so far this summer. 

Probably a combination of having a tough away schedule and Origi and Sturridge coming back late.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
My boy Grujic shutting people up.

......anyone?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader

......anyone?

Let's be honest. Henderson skies that.  ::)

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Stewart's next stage of development has to be being more aware of what is around him. If he could that ...

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Impressed with grujic and ejaria, both look very promising in the games they've played so far

Huddersfield have been decent, they place some nice football

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Only pre season of course but another encouraging half of football. Fitness seems to be improving with every passing game and the youngsters and new signings have continued to impress.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Delighted there keeper wasn't sent off

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
Ejaria showing us what having a good touch looks like too. What a player he's going to be.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Most entertaining game of the pre-season so far, quite impressed with Huddersfield. Mané looking good again and certainly shouldn't have had his goal chalked off.

Grujic as more dominant in his first game I think, quite invisible today until he popped up with the goal. Since then he's been slightly more active.

Bar one ridiculous pass I think Lucas has done very well at CB, and he usually does.

Coutinho a bit invisible, Firmino tends to come too deep.

Randall looking very good though, I'd have him over Flanagan right now.

Watching a different game to me, he is not up to this level and Milner is better than both he and Flannagan at RB.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Let's be honest. Henderson skies that.  ::)

......anyone?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
Anyone else impressed with Stewert ?
Looks really good option to have at DM as backup to Can

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Watching a different game to me, he is not up to this level and Milner is better than both he and Flannagan at RB.

I was thinking that. Not quite up to it.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Really good workout for our lot this.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
Oh, and what a save by Karius.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan

I would be more impressed if he wasn't 23. I like Stewart but his injuries haven't helped him and he doesn't really set out tempo or get about the pitch as much as Can.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
So who do you think is going to be our regular penalty taker? Particulately if Milner isn't a regular.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Probably a combination of having a tough away schedule and Origi and Sturridge coming back late.
I was thinking that but we do have Ings who has looked fairly sharp so far. 

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
Well, he wasn't flawless but for me there's a lot of potential in him. He gets caught out of position from time to time but his support in possession is invaluable. He's been better than Moreno today in my opinion.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
tbf Milner would be a quality fullback if he chose to play there

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
. Needs regular football