Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2778945 times)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #11680 on: November 22, 2020, 09:33:35 am »
Tbf Pep HAS lost it though. It's pretty obvious, in the same way it was obvious to us that Brendan Rodgers had lost it with us. 

Pep was forced to sign that contract extension because the owners still think he's their best bet for the CL.  I dont think they care much about the league this season beyond CL qualification.

It's not like they're matching our title haul anytime soon, and us getting #20 only hurts United.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #11681 on: November 22, 2020, 10:12:11 am »
Tbf Pep HAS lost it though. It's pretty obvious, in the same way it was obvious to us that Brendan Rodgers had lost it with us. 

Pep was forced to sign that contract extension because the owners still think he's their best bet for the CL.  I dont think they care much about the league this season beyond CL qualification.

It's not like they're matching our title haul anytime soon, and us getting #20 only hurts United.

He is missing Ferandinho and had had plenty of time to replace him but has been a disaster trying to

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11682 on: November 22, 2020, 10:25:51 am »
He is missing Ferandinho and had had plenty of time to replace him but has been a disaster trying to

Rodri is pretty terrible isn’t he? Fine in Atletico’s low block but awful for City when he is left exposed and needs to cover a lot of ground. Not helped by being slow as shit.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #11683 on: November 22, 2020, 10:28:43 am »
Rodri is pretty terrible isn’t he? Fine in Atletico’s low block but awful for City when he is left exposed and needs to cover a lot of ground. Not helped by being slow as shit.

....and a crying c*nt
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11684 on: November 22, 2020, 10:31:47 am »

It's really odd how useless he has been in the transfer market.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #11685 on: November 22, 2020, 10:33:16 am »
plenty of self-kidology going on in this thread...don't look as strong as in recent seasons but still our biggest rivals by some distance
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11686 on: November 22, 2020, 10:37:26 am »
plenty of self-kidology going on in this thread...don't look as strong as in recent seasons but still our biggest rivals by some distance

Pep has looked stressed the last two seasons on the touch line , only signed a 2 year extension doesn’t seem like he will stay much longer imo , City will probably try and sign Messi but pep will tell him to stay as he won’t be
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:39:47 am by rocco »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11687 on: November 22, 2020, 10:39:00 am »
I doubt it's Guardiola making most the transfer decisions, same way Klopp isn't for us. City have wasted huge amounts of money before, during and will continue to after Guardiola.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #11688 on: November 22, 2020, 10:39:59 am »

Give Pep a break. It’s not easy building a team to win the CL on a shoestring budget!  ::)
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #11689 on: November 22, 2020, 10:41:09 am »

Agree, that's why I was made up they got beat yesterday. I couldn't understand why some fans even preferred a draw,  I see City more of  a threat to us than Spurs, even after their loss to them yesterday.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #11690 on: November 22, 2020, 10:41:52 am »

So, are you saying Rhodri is not a crying c*nt? Think you're kidding yerself on, mate. They are none of our business. Couple of others to take care of before them
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11691 on: November 22, 2020, 10:43:20 am »

This season? Nah
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11692 on: November 22, 2020, 10:48:05 am »
This season? Nah

It’s going to be a weird season with covid and all these injuries, but still think City are our biggest threat but if any team could pull away they might be hard to catch

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #11693 on: November 22, 2020, 10:49:22 am »
This season? Nah

Yep, this season. They're 5 points behind us with 30 games to go and half of our defence in The Royal....I think if we finish above them we'll retain the title...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #11694 on: November 22, 2020, 11:03:14 am »
From the tactical chapter in Guardiola's forthcoming biography:

Plan A: Fill your entire squad with £50m players, dominate possession, and pass teams to death until they make mistakes

Plan B: Lose
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
« Reply #11695 on: November 22, 2020, 11:28:55 am »
Yep, this season. They're 5 points behind us with 30 games to go and half of our defence in The Royal....I think if we finish above them we'll retain the title...

Exactly. This is a team and manager that hold the record points total. Some people are being very silly.
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11696 on: November 22, 2020, 11:29:00 am »
From the tactical chapter in Guardiola's forthcoming biography:

Plan A: Fill your entire squad with £50m players, dominate possession, and pass teams to death until they make mistakes

Plan B: Lose
Pretty much spot on, although you forgot the part about throwing themselves to the floor anytime an opponent challenges them and whinge to the ref about everything. They still seem to believe that no other team has a right to challenge them as they play’ incredible football’. They just can’t cope with getting beat.

I can’t see city challenging this season, they just haven’t got the bottle for it. They’ve been found out , plus their star players are slowing down with age and injuries. Ederson has completely lost the plot with charging out of his goal all the time.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #11697 on: November 22, 2020, 12:43:17 pm »
Exactly. This is a team and manager that hold the record points total. Some people are being very silly.
This team is far from the one that got 100 or 98 points.

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #11698 on: November 22, 2020, 12:48:22 pm »
City have scored 10 goals in 8 matches.

For all their firepower, that's not near a title winning rate.

We've scored 18 in 8.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11699 on: November 22, 2020, 12:56:31 pm »
City have scored 10 goals in 8 matches.

For all their firepower, that's not near a title winning rate.

We've scored 18 in 8.

It's no surprise when you think about it. The often-injured Aguero is 32 and Jesus is shit. They haven't replaced David Silva's creativity either, which means defending teams are focusing more on stopping De Bruyne. Ferran Torres looks to be an inadequate replacement.

I'd expect City to go all in for Haaland next summer.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11700 on: November 22, 2020, 01:03:50 pm »
This season? Nah

Does that mean.... The reality is...  :-X  ;D

Not arsed about Pep staying. Or Messi arriving. They still are and will continue to be a very good team... Their time of annual 90+ point seasons is over though.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11701 on: November 22, 2020, 01:33:37 pm »
Emptyhad jokes aside, I genuinely think he's struggling with and hates the behind closed doors games. Look at his touchline behaviour during the first half of last season and the end. He obviously had that manic episode against us at Anfield (TWICE!!)  But he was always on the move in the technical area making undecipherable hand gestures, even in games where they lost and played below par, there was passion there. Now he kind of just stands there and occasionally points. It's night and day.

Kind of like we haven't played at our best during this period because we feed off the fans (especially at home), we've just about done enough to win or draw games and you can't convince me that villa game would have been anything like that score with fans there.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11702 on: November 22, 2020, 01:40:48 pm »
Emptyhad jokes aside, I genuinely think he's struggling with and hates the behind closed doors games. Look at his touchline behaviour during the first half of last season and the end. He obviously had that manic episode against us at Anfield (TWICE!!)  But he was always on the move in the technical area making undecipherable hand gestures, even in games where they lost and played below par, there was passion there. Now he kind of just stands there and occasionally points. It's night and day.

Kind of like we haven't played at our best during this period because we feed off the fans (especially at home), we've just about done enough to win or draw games and you can't convince me that villa game would have been anything like that score with fans there.
The played the exact same game vs Tottenham mid way through last season...fans or no fans. City have had the same issues for a while now.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #11703 on: November 22, 2020, 01:54:48 pm »
yeah don’t think the fans have anything to do with it. Guardiola likes playing up to the camera, not the fans.

He’s often done the bemused thing though where he just sits and talks with or rather at his coaches when things don’t go his way.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11704 on: November 22, 2020, 01:55:55 pm »
Has Pep really signed an extension? If true, Man City might be in a big trouble ...

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #11705 on: November 22, 2020, 02:17:12 pm »
There’s a satisfying symmetry that City’s decline coincides with the end of Trumpism.

Both are based on inherited wealth and privilege, a deluded fan base, widespread fraud, corruption, and misuse of funds, legal battles, flat track bullying, a victim mentality when things don’t go their way, and an arrogant stance that hides an underlying insecurity and a desperate need to be loved.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #11706 on: November 22, 2020, 03:48:34 pm »
Pepsabysmal
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #11707 on: November 22, 2020, 03:51:31 pm »
Their mentality is piss poor, especially when they go behind.

Am I making this up, or did I hear that they have never won a league game under Guardiola that they were trailing at halftime? If so, that's absolutely pathetic.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11708 on: November 22, 2020, 03:53:00 pm »
Am I making this up, or did I hear that they have never won a league game under Guardiola that they were trailing at halftime? If so, that's absolutely pathetic.
I read on Bluemoon yesterday post match, it's one win trailing at HT since he's been there.

Overall winning a game when trailing is pretty bad stat for Pep as well, it's in the low digits.

They are mentally shot, it's baffling why he's signed an extension, my only thought he's signed that deal is they are paying way over the mooted £20 million a year and paying him extra off the books like they did with Mancini.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 03:56:28 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #11709 on: November 22, 2020, 04:03:48 pm »
I read on Bluemoon yesterday post match, it's one win trailing at HT since he's been there.

Overall winning a game when trailing is pretty bad stat for Pep as well, it's in the low digits.

They are mentally shot, it's baffling why he's signed an extension, my only thought he's signed that deal is they are paying way over the mooted £20 million a year and paying him extra off the books like they did with Mancini.

That's wild. They really are mentality midgets.

Nice avatar BTW.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #11710 on: November 22, 2020, 04:48:03 pm »
Can't believe he was given an extension.  If he carries on like this, Mansour will be asking for that conservatory back!
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11711 on: November 22, 2020, 09:23:02 pm »
Keep chipping away.  Next season starts now.  Which one is it at the moment?

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11712 on: November 22, 2020, 09:31:58 pm »
Can't believe he was given an extension.  If he carries on like this, Mansour will be asking for that conservatory back!

Great for us that, he's a busted flush

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #11713 on: November 22, 2020, 11:19:22 pm »
They will focus on Europe for the rest of this season now. The only way of deflecting the loss of direction from their manager.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11714 on: November 22, 2020, 11:29:53 pm »

Keep Pep >> sign Messi >> win the Champions League.  I don't think the logic of the contract extension is anything more complicated than that.

Whether a 34-year old Messi is going to be the difference maker for them is debatable.  A 33-year old Ronaldo wasn't the difference maker for Juventus.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11715 on: November 22, 2020, 11:33:23 pm »
Keep Pep >> sign Messi >> win the Champions League.  I don't think the logic of the contract extension is anything more complicated than that.

Whether a 34-year old Messi is going to be the difference maker for them is debatable.  A 33-year old Ronaldo wasn't the difference maker for Juventus.
You missed an important step in the bit in bold there:
Keep Pep >> sign Messi >> spend another billion >> win the Champions League.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11716 on: November 22, 2020, 11:39:57 pm »
Keep Pep >> sign Messi >> spend another billion on bang average fullbacks >> win the Champions League.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #11717 on: November 23, 2020, 12:46:39 am »
Keep Pep >> sign Messi >> spend another billion >> get done by an average French team in the Champions League.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11718 on: November 23, 2020, 01:25:55 am »
^^^ I was referring to their logic, not the what happens in reality. ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #11719 on: November 23, 2020, 04:13:01 am »
Overall they are too good and they will probably get their act together at some point but would be fun if they dont make top 4 this year (there is an outside chance)....then try to throw the wads at Messi to win the Europa (complete his trophy haul)