Author Topic: Spurs V Liverpool - Pre game chat (Satdee 1/11/08 KO 17:30)  (Read 59405 times)

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs V Liverpool - Pre game chat (Satdee 1/11/08 KO 17:30)
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2008, 02:59:03 pm »
If we are to play a 4231, Babel has to be up top. Kuyt does not have the pace nor the technique to be a lone striker. Against Portsmouth i was mad at Benitez for not making the switch with kuyt on the left and babel up top. We could have killed them on teh counter.

IMO this would give us the balance and strength in attack that will be needed vs and underachieving, yet very talented spurs side:

reina

arby carra agger aurelio

masch alonso

kuyt gerrard riera

babel

Riera and kuyt both provide the pressure on the flanks and suffocate the other team into making a quick errant pass. Babel showed against chelsea that he has killer instinct and can play the lone striker role extremely well given the chance. IMO it suits him immensely, it gives him space to run at defenders and also provides a great outlet for counters.

That team would run out comfortable 2-0 winners.

hopefully torres makes the bench, really miss watching him play.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2008, 03:25:38 pm »
It'll be a tough game now 'arry's in charge.

I hope the side will be:

------------------------------Reina----------------------------
Arbeloa---------Carra-----------Agger------------Aurelio
---------------------------Masch------------------------------
----------------Stevie------------------Alonso---------------
Kuyt------------------------------------------------------Reira
---------------------------Keane------------------------------

Hopefully Keane will get his 1st Prem. goal against his old club.

Torres seems to be out alot longer than 1st thought, I hope he's back for Atletico on Tuesday for his sake and mine!!!
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2008, 03:28:24 pm »
I think if and/or when we have the likes of Torres and Babel on the pitch with Gerrard, we will be able to regularly slice up their defense.

We should be able to bring them back down to earth.

Tottenham 1 - 2 Liverpool
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2008, 03:31:44 pm »
Fuck the draw . win win win ;)
This is what happens when you keep feeding the monster- I want win- win, win, win ;D
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2008, 03:37:27 pm »
Torres eased back in during the second half? He's in full training now, right? I was stuck on a train with a load of Arse and Spurs fans last night. The Arse ones were made up - they were going to win the league - the Spurs ones were slitting wrists. Got home, caught the news -  realised they'd all left early.

Offline Adam Pepper

• Wants sex with men but he's not gay. PS. He's NOT gay. Whopper who talks shite in post-match threads - Carragher 3, Keane 10...
  • No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2008, 04:52:21 pm »
should be a comfortable win against the prems worst team on current form. seriously, if we cant beat spurs at the weekend something very bad is wrong.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2008, 04:55:53 pm »
should be a comfortable win against the prems worst team on current form. seriously, if we cant beat spurs at the weekend something very bad is wrong.

Their current form is a comfortable home win against Bolton and a last-gasp draw at the Emirates, no? 4 pts from 6, not bad form...
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2008, 05:10:45 pm »

So far, Chelsea and Arsenal both failed to beat Spurs. 2 teams that finished above us last season.

I would like to see Keane back in the team and go 4-2-3-1 with Gerrard in behind Keane. This game is made for Keane to get his first Premier League goal in a red shirt.

Would liek to see Torres come on for 20 mins or so in the 2nd half as well. Slowly ease him back into the team.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:13:05 pm by LFC_4_life »

Offline lfcss

• dull
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2008, 05:16:58 pm »

??? Having just beaten Bolton comfortably and got a very credible and gutsy draw against Arsenal I dont think we can take anything for granted here.Yes we should win but its not the end of the world if we dont.
If there's a Mrs Skrtel she probably has to wear shinpads to bed.

Offline dmn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2008, 05:24:41 pm »
Based on the assumption that Torres isn't fit for 90 mins, but Keane is:

Reina
Arbeloa
Carra
Agger
Dossena
Mascherano
Lucas
Kuyt
Gerrard
Riera
Keane

Perfect opportunity to give Alonso some much needed rest. Will control the midfield and put them under pressure, to take advantage of Riera working short spaces, Kuyt taking runs into the box, and making up for the lack of pace up front when we're without Torres.
Another day at work and a 1 or 2 goal win.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2008, 05:48:38 pm »
We will lose. It'll be a classic underdog, bottom of the league topples league leaders stuff. If we win, felix will eat his own cock.

« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2008, 06:18:21 pm »
Ok so Spurs are very much revved up by the arrival of Harry.
Fine.

Torres should be able to make an appearance this weekend and otherwise we have a fully fit squad.
Tonight's game was a real success in terms of rotating and resting players.

We are not naive and one-dimensional like Arsenal, and I think we ought to win the game.

Also, I'll controversially say a draw is no disaster.
We're not going to win every game between now and the end of the season, and the benefit of beating Chelsea is that we can afford to slip up and remain ahead.
We can beat spurs, they conceded 4 goals against Arsenal and we have a far better defence that Arsenal do. 2-0 Keane, Babel

« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2008, 06:28:34 pm »
Fuck any negativity off right now! A win only!

Tactics for Saturday:

1. Pass ball to each other and just go straight past those fucking spare parts Dawson and Woodgate. Those two braindead c*nts fuck round like the Chuckle Brothers on crack.

2. Once past them, leather the ball at Gomes from wherever you are. Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

3. Repeat.
Is all that cursing really necessary 8)

« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2008, 06:29:32 pm »
All this bullshit about Spurs now being great now under Harry and there draw at the Emirates was so good...

Bentley's goal pure fluke Almunia could've saved that
Jenas goal result of a complete fuck up by Clichy
Bent's goal only scored because Almunia parryed the ball

And Gomes is the shitist Goalkeeper in the Prem

Rafa needs to play two wingers to make Gomes come for crosses...

Reina

Arbeloa        Carragher           Agger           Dossena

Gerrard        Alonso             Mascherano      Reira

Torres              Keane

Yes no Kuyt (needs a rest ffs bit like Arby he must feel fucked whats happened to Degen and Darby?)
I honestly believe this should be our formation week-in week out. Kuyt and Keane can battle for the right to play with Nando, Babel can replace Torres or play either wing until Rafa decides where best to put him

Offline King Cally

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2008, 06:34:34 pm »
Don't see why anyone is even thinking about taking a point if given the chance before the game. Bit of a knob in truth if you're in that boat.

Why? Well we're on a fantastic run, and although I, like many others, most importantly the players and staff, am well aware it will be a difficult match, due to the confidence their lot will have after last night, I am expecting us to win. Don't care how, we have games coming up I'd like to see us get a few goals, would take a 0-1 in this if given the choice!

Would be very helpful if Torres makes the bench at least. Here's the side I would consider playing*:

Reina

Arbeloa
Carragher
Agger
Aurelio

Mascherano
Xabi Alonso

Kuyt
Gerrard
Riera

Keane

*barring any injuries of course. However, there are concerns over whether or not Fabio Aurelio is capable of playing three high-intensity matches in such a short space of time, so don't be surprised if Dossena is given the nod at left back. Also Kuyt seemed a tad tired by the end last night, but it wouldn't be right if he didn't play under Rafa!

Bit unfortunate that they'll have Ledley King back in the side, would have much preferred seeing him play yesterday against Arsenal and miss this game. But we should have enough nonetheless.

Offline lfcbabe1984

• Kopite
  • Stevie G's the man!
    • Diane's Wonderland
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2008, 06:35:45 pm »
My dad's trying to rub it in already, saying Spurs'll win. If we win I'll be making him eat his words for sure!
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Offline Indian Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Me gran played a blinder that night
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2008, 06:40:23 pm »
My dad's trying to rub it in already, saying Spurs'll win. If we win I'll be making him eat his words for sure!

Somebody needs to try and make felix eat his own cock first
My 6 word memoir: Got me education from the Kop

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2008, 06:45:52 pm »
never mind whose in our team, is ledley king going to be playing?  i bet he will him an woodgate together looks excellent to  me, and i think redknapp will  play  it tightish even at home, just as he  did  when the big boys went to fratten,  this fixture has been haunting me since   i saw spurs struggling  all season an then when they got the new boss in i thought here  we go.

anyways enough of all that 1-1  draw.
taking us into 6 games  which i just feel are there for the taking.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2008, 06:48:54 pm »
i really think we will win here. assuming torres does not start id play:

Reina

Arbeloa
Carra
Agger
Dossena

Alonso             
Mascherano

Kuyt
Gerrard
Riera

Keane

'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2008, 07:00:44 pm »
Somebody needs to try and make felix eat his own cock first
;D

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2008, 07:03:32 pm »
never mind whose in our team, is ledley king going to be playing?  i bet he will him an woodgate together looks excellent to  me,

Let em both play, one surge frrom Nando and you'll hear their hamstrings snap back in Liverpool.
Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2008, 07:13:52 pm »
I'd like to see...

GK Reina

RB Arbeloa
CB Carragher
CB Agger
LB Aurelio

RM Gerrard
CM Alonso
CM Mascherano
LM Riera

CF Keane
ST Babel

Bench: Cavalieri, Dossena, Hyypia, Lucas, Kuyt, Benayoun, Torres

3-1

Babel, Keane and Torres
That'll do. But Gomes is a shite keeper and needs to tested earlier on.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2008, 07:15:02 pm »
This game will end up in a stalemate unfortunately.However,we should use the same line-up as we did against Chelsea.
Think Keane will break the ice against his old team for the first time this season in the league.;)
I think our start to the season has some people here with very little to complain, so now they just keep predictly we'll draw or loose so when it does happen they can say "I knew it, sack Rafa" or something like that anyways.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 07:51:11 pm by hugoboss »

« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2008, 07:21:59 pm »
Xabi to Bentley "nice goal on Wednesday."
big grin on Bentleys face
Xabi spins and lobs gomes from 50 yards, turns to Bentley ...."but that was better, bitch"
Bentley cries.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2008, 08:04:54 pm »
Lawro the twunts prediction:

Tottenham v Liverpool

Harry Redknapp has walked in to Tottenham and told the squad they are all brilliant players, which is what he does really well and he's got a response.

Harry will get the Bentleys, the Modrics and the Pavlyuchenkos playing well and one thing about Harry's teams is that they've always been good going forward.

Liverpool have made a fantastic start but will probably be the first to say they haven't played to the peak of their form, which is ominous for everybody else in the division.

They are very much in with a chance of winning the league, they've just got to keep chipping away.

Verdict: 1-1

Offline The Jackal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2008, 08:24:17 pm »
Am I missing something here? Spurs have grown in confidence from getting there first win, a draw against arsenal, and a new manager. Now compare that to the confidence a team who just ended a great unbeaten home record held by one of the best teams in Europe(quite comfortably), beating Manchester United, countless comebacks and are sitting at the top of the Premier League table. Spurs should be the ones worried. Play like we did against Chelsea and Everton and we will win well.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2008, 09:13:28 pm »
If we are to play a 4231, Babel has to be up top. Kuyt does not have the pace nor the technique to be a lone striker.

Depends on how we'd want to use our lone striker. Maybe we'd want a target man? A player to play with the back to the goal?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2008, 09:20:50 pm »
I'd like to see Babel and Keane upfront together but don't think that is possible with us having to keep Alonso and Masch in the team because they are crucial to the way we play at the minute.

Offline The Armchair

• Anny Roader
  • R. Keys = hairy little fuck-witted gimp
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2008, 09:28:12 pm »
There's no doubting the instant impact Harry Redknapp has had on the Spurs squad in terms of confidence and team spirit, but last night they generally worked hard off the ball against Arsenal, but didn't offer a great deal in posession. It was only some poor defending and awfull goalkeeping that even gave Spurs a sniff because Arsenal dominated most of the game and should've won easily.

Us, the scum and the Chelsea would've seen out the last 10 minutes of that game with a 2 goal lead and taken the 3 points.

Spurs were weak defending set pieces, especially their basket case of a keeper who wants to come for every cross and they're also very weak in the center of midfield and their full backs are there to be got at. They may be on a high after stealing an unlikely draw in injury time against their fiercest rivals, but despite not being in top gear yet, we're full of confidence and belief (that magic ingredient we lacked for so long) and I think we should do enough to get a win on Saturday.
Pepe Reina has a better chance of scoring 10-15 goals next season than Voronin....

Someone quote me on that!!!

Offline The Armchair

• Anny Roader
  • R. Keys = hairy little fuck-witted gimp
Pepe Reina has a better chance of scoring 10-15 goals next season than Voronin....

Someone quote me on that!!!

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2008, 09:32:16 pm »
I'm sure they don't realise that they are still bottom of the league

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2008, 09:35:04 pm »
It was only some poor defending and awfull goalkeeping that even gave Spurs a sniff

It was only poor defending and awful goalkeeping that gave them the 4-2 lead in the first place ;)

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2008, 09:36:42 pm »
Gotta play Babel, Gerrard, Kuyt and Alonso - all players that can test Gomes with long-range missiles. Although we always seem to come against 'keepers on top form, he's bound to spill one eventually. Also need strong targets at corners for when he flaps - maybe another game for Sami? I'd be tempted to leave Mascherano out so we can accommodate Riera as well as the aforementioned, but that might be too much of a risk playing away to a resurgent, attacking side. Plus it just seems wrong to leave the Monster out twice in a week.

Reina
Arbeloa Carragher Agger Dossena
Mascherano Alonso
Kuyt Gerrard Babel
Keane

subs: Cavlieri Hyypia Aurelio Lucas Riera (~60min) Torres/Ngog Benayoun

Offline bazjones

• Kopite
  • LFCmelbourne.com.au
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2008, 09:37:19 pm »
we've so got to batter these

http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs08/detail.php?productid=ST39060&proddesc=Arsenal+4+-+4+Spurs+%28DVD%29&supercategory=&branch=&wcategory=CAT00084&catdesc=&super=0260CAT00084&treecode=TRE00017

Its shocking that they actually even considered releasing this on DVD. Good result for them in the end but only a point not like they came back to win it. idiots

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2008, 09:43:13 pm »
I feel that we can score a few from corners IF (big if) someone can actually deliver the ball at more than 1m height on the penalty spot. Our problem are low balls and too close to the 'keeper. Gomes likes to come out and leave the goal gaping, and we can use this to our advantage.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2008, 09:50:26 pm »
Will Nando be available?

Bit worried if not as they said 10-15 days. I heard he was back in training.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2008, 10:03:27 pm »
I've got a slightly bad feeling about this one.

Spurs morale will be boosted massively by the arrival of Redknapp and the draw last night.
And to be fair, on paper they are a half decent side.

Our overall start to the campaign has been brilliant, but many of the actual match performances have been quite poor.
I think our league position flatters us slightly, and we will be in a match this weekend.

I'm not saying I'd take a draw, but I won't be totally gutted and certainly not shocked if that's how it pans out.

As for the team?
Well it depends on who is fit, and what sort of ideas about rotation Rafa has.

We have now begun a period where the games come thick and fast, and although the media have been banging on about how Rafa's finally realised that rotation is rubbish, I think that it is they that are rubbish.
Rafa's philosophies have not changed over the summer, and we have not seen the back of rotation.

The Madrid game next week is big, because it is a chance to seal progress to the knock-outs, so Rafa may have one eye on this.