Author Topic: Dortmund Away 7th April  (Read 117069 times)

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dortmund Away 7th April
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2016, 11:06:42 am »
not a bad price. is that back on the Friday?

Online Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2016, 11:23:56 am »
not a bad price. is that back on the Friday?
yep. Early afternoon.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2016, 11:24:39 am »
great will have a look into it

Online DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2016, 11:56:07 am »
When are we expecting these tickets to go on sale? End of this week?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2016, 01:22:20 pm »
Prob not due to Easter?
We are a team of one half.

Offline Karlos

• Kemlynite
  • "We Achieve Your Dreams"
« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2016, 01:38:06 pm »
Anyone heard any news about Day Trips? Only one I've seen so far is £259 with Sports Options...

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2016, 02:01:47 pm »
I've royally screwed up! Booked the 6.50am flight from Dusseldorf to Manchester. I'll have missed the last train to Dusseldorf after the match so how the fuck am I getting back there without paying an arm and a leg?! Nightmare. Ah well I'm sure the trip will be worth it.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2016, 02:09:00 pm »
Worldchoice Sports doing a day trip for £259 with coaches laid on throughout. Goes from Manchester though

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 21, 2016, 02:14:12 pm »
Tell a lie, there's a train from Dortmund Hbf to Düsseldorf Hbf at 11.53. That could save my bacon!
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Online Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: March 21, 2016, 02:18:27 pm »
Tell a lie, there's a train from Dortmund Hbf to Düsseldorf Hbf at 11.53. That could save my bacon!

Think there are trains direct from Dortmund to Düsseldorf  airport after that.....
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2016, 02:24:38 pm »
Think there are trains direct from Dortmund to Düsseldorf  airport after that.....

Thanks for the heads up! You got a link by any chance?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2016, 02:24:42 pm »
Hotel booked in Castrop-Rauxel, €191.40 between 5 of us  :)
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2016, 02:31:01 pm »
Thanks for the heads up! You got a link by any chance?

Search on Deutsche Bahn http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?ld=15055&seqnr=4&ident=6k.02915355.1458569747&rt=1&rememberSortType=minDeparture&REQ0HafasScrollDir=1 looks like there is one at 1.44am that you can buy tix online for..... Seems others may not run on that date....
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2016, 02:38:39 pm »
Search on Deutsche Bahn http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?ld=15055&seqnr=4&ident=6k.02915355.1458569747&rt=1&rememberSortType=minDeparture&REQ0HafasScrollDir=1 looks like there is one at 1.44am that you can buy tix online for..... Seems others may not run on that date....

Thanks for that mate. Looks like an all nighter after the game then!  :hally

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2016, 02:38:55 pm »
Were driving. Leaving early Wednesday morning get the 10am boat over to Dover be in Calais for 12.30 then down to Dortmund for Wednesday teatime. Works out so much cheaper an get to see loads more as were planning on stopping off at various footy stadiums on the way to break the journey up.

Much more fun if you've got the time and patience an want to save a few quid :P

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2016, 02:46:15 pm »
Were driving. Leaving early Wednesday morning get the 10am boat over to Dover be in Calais for 12.30 then down to Dortmund for Wednesday teatime. Works out so much cheaper an get to see loads more as were planning on stopping off at various footy stadiums on the way to break the journey up.

No

Online Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2016, 02:47:46 pm »

Pity the driver on the way back though.....

For those getting the train you need to have your credit/debit card used for the booking with you on the trip (even if expired) they scan your e-ticket and swipe your card on the train and I got a telling off as I didn't have mine (had lost it the week before), explained but was told I should have changed it on the DB website....
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2016, 02:48:19 pm »

Online Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2016, 02:53:49 pm »
Thanks for that mate. Looks like an all nighter after the game then!  :hally

No worries
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline tarentheara

• Main Stander
« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2016, 03:15:58 pm »
Be interesting to see if they do the ticket collection out there

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2016, 03:34:48 pm »
Be interesting to see if they do the ticket collection out there

What exactly are the benefits of this?

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 21, 2016, 03:37:44 pm »
11 of us , Manc to Hannover Wednesday morning, back Friday night both direct with flybe...
Trains booked this morning got group booking £18 return..staying hotel 2 nights in Dortmund...

Offline tarentheara

• Main Stander
« Reply #222 on: March 21, 2016, 03:41:12 pm »
What exactly are the benefits of this?
No benefits but they did it at Augsburg, and they announced that they may this round.

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2016, 03:48:22 pm »
Caneceled are hotel now. Didn't see the point in paying 160 quid just for a bed for the night when we're going to be half cut anyway.
Managed to book a big room on the air bnb site 60 quid in dortmund.

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2016, 03:50:18 pm »
No benefits but they did it at Augsburg, and they announced that they may this round.

I'm aware they did it at Augsburg, and they've cited 'positive feedback' on the website as a reason for potentially doing this again. Just wondering if anyone who was at Augsburg can shed any light on whether this was inconvenient or not?

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2016, 03:54:02 pm »
I'm aware they did it at Augsburg, and they've cited 'positive feedback' on the website as a reason for potentially doing this again. Just wondering if anyone who was at Augsburg can shed any light on whether this was inconvenient or not?

Not inconvenient if you were in Augsburg already and got there early enough (like us)

But as lots stayed in Munich and traveled in on the day of the game some were stood outside in the freezing cold for up to 2 hrs - which was damn shite.

Other thing is that you have to carry your passport round as proof of ID - Again OK if you were staying in Augsburg, and could drop it back off at the hotel, but just another thing to worry about losing if you weren't

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2016, 04:00:39 pm »
Not inconvenient if you were in Augsburg already and got there early enough (like us)

But as lots stayed in Munich and traveled in on the day of the game some were stood outside in the freezing cold for up to 2 hrs - which was damn shite.

Other thing is that you have to carry your passport round as proof of ID - Again OK if you were staying in Augsburg, and could drop it back off at the hotel, but just another thing to worry about losing if you weren't

Ah right. I assume it's to stop the touts? Shame it's at the expense of fans who want to relax and enjoy their day.

Offline UsuallyDisgruntled

• Main Stander
« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2016, 04:13:36 pm »
Anyone seen day trips any cheaper that the £260 one on Sports Options?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #228 on: March 21, 2016, 04:16:42 pm »
Ah right. I assume it's to stop the touts? Shame it's at the expense of fans who want to relax and enjoy their day.

Stop touts and also make it more difficult for credit hunters.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 21, 2016, 04:27:09 pm »
Stop touts and also make it more difficult for credit hunters.
Did neither of those things in Augsburg.

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 21, 2016, 04:38:58 pm »

How so?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 21, 2016, 04:45:54 pm »

It made it far more difficult to do either. You would have to have touted your ticket before even buying it, unless you went over just to collect the ticket.
Same with credit buying, you had at least known someone in advance to take it. Rather than normal were you can buy it and pass to a mate who's going to sell it to a local like in Beşiktaş.

It's a first step. Before that, the club did not have a clue what % of supporters were going on their own card. Just having that information, which they now do, let's them make a decision about the next step. I think people on other cards could be over 50%, be it ST not in their name or on a spare, so I'm not sure they can just pull the ability to assign a ticket.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 21, 2016, 04:54:40 pm »
I agree it's a first step but a mate payed £100 for his and it was easy to find someone who'd take them off you because so many more went than there were tickets.

Personally think it should only be done for Russia/Ukraine/Turkey and those type of aways where we get a big allocation

Offline ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2016, 04:55:19 pm »
I saw loads of touting going on out there. Tickets from players and sponsors, neither of whom had to collect out there, find their way to touts.

Ticket collection was an absolute farce, by the time we got there the queue was huge, they couldn't find the correct envelopes, half the lads collecting were half cut and couldn't find their letters and conformations and fancards and all the other daft shite you needed to do.

Most people are more arsed about enjoying their trip than who's hunting credits

If they do this in Dortmund with 3400 tickets it will be a disaster
Taylor Report 278 ""It is fair to say that over many years the South Yorkshire Police have given excellent service to the public...Unforunately, their policing on April 15 broke down in the ways described, and although there were other causes, the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2016, 04:57:17 pm »
I echo the above.

There is no way they will do it for this, they are asking for trouble

Simply too many tickets

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • We See Things They'll Never See
« Reply #235 on: March 21, 2016, 04:59:06 pm »
It was a complete waste of time in Augsburg, achieved nothing and had everyone standing queueing in the cold when they should have been enjoying themselves. Don't understand where they got positive feedback from cause alls I heard was lads moaning about it. Will be awful in they do it in Dortmund with 3 times as many tickets.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2016, 05:01:14 pm »
I agree it's a first step but a mate payed £100 for his and it was easy to find someone who'd take them off you because so many more went than there were tickets.

Personally think it should only be done for Russia/Ukraine/Turkey and those type of aways where we get a big allocation
or bordeaux where apparantly we sold 2000 tickets yet 500 there probably and 1500 getting an easy credit

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2016, 05:04:52 pm »
or bordeaux where apparantly we sold 2000 tickets yet 500 there probably and 1500 getting an easy credit

Similar thing happened at Porto in 07/08.

Offline ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
« Reply #238 on: March 21, 2016, 05:06:13 pm »
I'll bet they didn't get any positive feedback,, other than from themselves.

Jackie Meakin and all her lakkies, getting their flights, 3 night stay in the top hotel in Augsberg, scran, expenses all paid for.

Other than the day's graft they had to do bumping into each other trying to find the right envelopes I'll bet they had a whale of a time at the club's, hence our expense. I counted at least 8 of them in there and they still couldn't get it right, but I'll bet they all had a boss trip and will try their utmost to make it happen again as often as possible, citing stopping  touting as an excuse for a free jolly.

Disgraceful

« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:10:58 pm by ic843 »
Taylor Report 278 ""It is fair to say that over many years the South Yorkshire Police have given excellent service to the public...Unforunately, their policing on April 15 broke down in the ways described, and although there were other causes, the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: March 21, 2016, 05:11:30 pm »
Is Pyro allowed in Germany?