Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 261610 times)

Offline wesley

• Anny Roader
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #1160 on: February 7, 2009, 08:28:12 pm »
I still wouldn't let Aurelio anywhere near our free kicks. One game doesn't change anything. Gerrard/Alonso/Agger should get them.

i'd give him a go for direct free kicks, esp. those around the box. gerrard's are usually quite heavy and need more time and distance to spin down.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: February 7, 2009, 08:28:41 pm »
Today he proved he's twice the player Dossena is.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #1162 on: February 7, 2009, 09:17:54 pm »
Fabulous...need him to stay fit till end of season and make that spot his, i really like insua but Aurellio adds that extra bit of class, very unlucky with an early freekick today and perfect placement on his goal!!!

Offline Pankaka

• Kopite
« Reply #1163 on: February 7, 2009, 10:00:56 pm »
FABIO! Oh That's where you are! He's hitting form now. He just needs a good run of games and he will nail the LB position. He's a great player to have as well. So versatile, playing CM and LW as well. His crossing is getting much better now and everything seems like it's clicking for him.

One reservation though is that he is VERY left footed. Even when dribbling he would only use his left foot but then again it is a great left foot he has.

Bravo.
At half time, 2-0 down to Manchester City 05/10/08
Quote from: heather123
If we win, I will eat my own head.  Seriously.
We went on to win the game... ;D

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: February 7, 2009, 10:03:45 pm »
The lad is just a bloody good footballer.

One of the best bits of business Rafa has ever done.

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #1165 on: February 7, 2009, 10:08:28 pm »
What happened to the thread where people were claiming Dossena was better than Aurelio? Laughable really. How they see that I have no idea. Some people clearly have never played football. I can't remember a more technically gifted left back than Aurelio for a long time. Unfortunately, it's not just all about technique. I wish he could sort out the deficiencies in his all round game and he'd be tremendous.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1166 on: February 7, 2009, 10:10:18 pm »
Aye but considering he was free, and his tendency to pick up a niggle, he's pretty good. Well in Fabio.

Offline Martyn.

• Nearly 20 and still a virgin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: February 7, 2009, 10:11:39 pm »
Was class today.

Love you Fabio lad :D
Number 9

Offline cob

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1168 on: February 7, 2009, 10:18:28 pm »
OPINIONS ARE LIKE ARSEHOLES..................................EVERYBODY HAS GOT ONE.
So here is mine, oppinion that is....!!!

I believe that if Fabio can stay fit, he will play a MASSIVE part towards our title push.

This is not just coming after his goal today, i actually like the lad and think he brings a lot of quality and flare to the left hand side of the field.

He has a very sweet left foot and i was informed when he first arrived at the club, RAFA said he was the 'Best Passer Of The Ball At LFC', thats some fucking statement that with the likes of Alonso in the squad.

But as we (or most of us) have said for some time 'IN RAFA WE TRUST'. ;)

Well done today lad but that should now be your benchmark. ;D ;D

TRADE COUNT OF 500 + WITH LOADS OF REFERENCES IF REQUIRED

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1169 on: February 7, 2009, 11:00:12 pm »
Started the game really well. Probably should have done better with his chance in the first half. I thought he faded as the half went on and Pompey got on top.

Decent option in there though.

Offline red as blood

• Main Stander
  • WHAT A HIT, SON... WHAT A HIT!
« Reply #1170 on: February 7, 2009, 11:09:05 pm »
Great performance tonight, well done Fabio lad!

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1171 on: February 7, 2009, 11:12:35 pm »
Good show tonight Fabio! Thank's for that.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #1172 on: February 7, 2009, 11:46:53 pm »
Great today. Should take corners when he's on the pitch.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: February 7, 2009, 11:51:20 pm »
I looked at our formation today and thought it wasn't a bad idea to switch it up as much as we did, and throwin him in the middle.  He did great in the mid-field.  Xabi-esque IMO.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #1174 on: February 7, 2009, 11:55:20 pm »
Another great game today following on from Chelsea last week.

He will keep Insua out if playing like he is. Hope he can stay injury free. I suppose Lucas will come in for Xabi in our next match but Aurelio is now an option as well.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #1175 on: February 7, 2009, 11:56:52 pm »
Particularly impressed with Aurelio's input this evening.

If we could keep this fella fit, he would be a great asset
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1176 on: February 7, 2009, 11:57:15 pm »
I still wouldn't let Aurelio anywhere near our free kicks. One game doesn't change anything. Gerrard/Alonso/Agger should get them.

Mmm.
Bollocks.

His delivery was fantastic tonight.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: February 8, 2009, 12:02:03 am »
Aurelio has a great left foot.  Honestly Gerrard doesn't hit the target the majority of the time.  Not a knock on him, just saying, as good as he is, it's not an easy thing to do.  Not many do on a spot kick.  Fabio gives it a different look.  He should at least be around the ball, even if he doesn't take the kick.  Give the keep something else to consider.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: February 8, 2009, 12:03:39 am »

I'd love to see Agger cracking more of them to be honest
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: February 8, 2009, 12:04:37 am »
Mmm.
Bollocks.

His delivery was fantastic tonight.

exactly plus gerrard has a great head dont know why he is delivering rather than on the end of them
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline TLT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1180 on: February 8, 2009, 12:05:52 am »
I fear an injury is around the corner.

Once he gets going, I like him. And considering he cost us nothing, it was a good signing. But the problem is, he gets injured and that it out for a few months.

Offline cal_liverpoolfc

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @cal190691
« Reply #1181 on: February 8, 2009, 12:08:05 am »
He was class tonight.
"Nah nah nah, there's no rule book. Show me the rule book"

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #1182 on: February 8, 2009, 12:22:32 am »
Great game today Fabio.Deserves alot of praise.Well in
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #1183 on: February 8, 2009, 12:29:34 am »
Today he proved he's twice the player Dossena is.

And he did that by playing CM? Hmmm.... Can you see the problem with your retarded statement?
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: February 8, 2009, 12:33:11 am »
And he did that by playing CM? Hmmm.... Can you see the problem with your retarded statement?

Yeah he showed his versatility by playing at CM and continuously popping up on the left wing crossing the ball into the box. I can't see Dossena doing anything Aurelio did against Pompey but I can see Aurelio do everything Dossena did. Nothing against Dossena, I think he's a decent left back, just reckon that Fabio is the better player.

So my statement isn't all that 'retarded'.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1185 on: February 8, 2009, 12:39:37 am »
He threaded a lot of short 5/10 yard balls forward from midfield, something I think we've been lacking a bit when it's Masch and Xabi together (not that they never do it, just that Fabio seemed much more inclined to do it...).  Played well, and it's good that we have someone who can do well in at least three positions.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #1186 on: February 8, 2009, 12:45:43 am »
Our set pieces were a lot better than usual today. Free kicks from wide areas, and corners, the delivery was a lot better than usual. Hopefully Fabio continues to take these when SG returns. but i doubt it , unfortunatley!

Great performance all round today, always been a fan of Fabio, just STAY FIT FFS!!!!
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: February 8, 2009, 12:50:10 am »
Had a good game today, not just because of his goal. I think he did well in CM. Stepped up and performed, even in a new(ish) position for him, when we needed it the most. Exactly the kind of spirit and quality we need!

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Javiersbuckteeth

• Main Stander
« Reply #1188 on: February 8, 2009, 12:50:44 am »
Fabio was class today, him and Yossi scrapping it out for MOTM

Dirk done very well too

You look at the clouds you look at the beach someone states the obvious and you say no

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #1189 on: February 8, 2009, 12:51:08 am »
Nailed on to get an injury in the next 3-5 games. You all know it. He's doing his annual "start looking like a top draw player before missing 3 months with a calf injury" routine.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: February 8, 2009, 12:52:22 am »
Nailed on to get an injury in the next 3-5 games. You all know it. He's doing his annual "start looking like a top draw player before missing 3 months with a calf injury" routine.

Put out positive thoughts into the ether

As you said, he's looking top drawer. A proper footballer

@rednich85

Offline Craigthered

• Still Raging at Rafa. FAQ Off.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1191 on: February 8, 2009, 01:00:09 am »
fabio is a great player, gifted left foot
STILL CENSORED BY CLOWN MODS. FAQ OFF!

Offline Wewonit6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: February 8, 2009, 01:00:55 am »
I think he's shit hot but the problem has never been anything to do with ability. He's good going forward, has a great left foot and despite not exactly being a man mountain or anything you never see him bullied or a winger ripping him apart, he's quality defensively. But he'll be injured before March is out, miss important games, come back looking rusty for a bit, be awesome then the season will end anyway.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: February 8, 2009, 01:24:11 am »

Shush...

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #1194 on: February 8, 2009, 01:31:23 am »
IF he stayed injury free..

I want him fit as long as possible.   The leftback slot was his nailed on yonks ago if he stayed fit.

Intelligent, good on the ball, cracking through passes, and can whip a pass in onto the head of the person he means it for.
Was noted for his free-kicks, should get more chances at them, imo.

There again, if he goes out again anytime soon with an injury, we gotta start asking questions of his value to us.

Brilliant potential player for us, please stay to fuck fit.
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1195 on: February 8, 2009, 02:37:48 am »
Fabio!

Aurelio really played well tonight. Considering he was playing midfield for the first time in a long time he did great.

His corners were dangerous and he came within inches of scoring twice from free kicks. He has to get a run in the side and he has to start taking corners and some free kicks instead of Stevie. The confidence this game gave him will be lethal going forward.

I remember when we got him that his ability with free kicks at Valencia was talked about and he has shown glimmers of that sort of ability. But tonight was a revelation.

Long may it continue!

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1196 on: February 8, 2009, 02:42:53 am »
He was called to play in a completely different position today but he was good and did not face any real problems and clearly one of the best players last night.He has to be though our first choice of left back right now.He's far more solid with ball on his feet than Dossena and he has a great cross as well.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1197 on: February 8, 2009, 02:49:55 am »
Yeah he showed his versatility by playing at CM and continuously popping up on the left wing crossing the ball into the box. I can't see Dossena doing anything Aurelio did against Pompey but I can see Aurelio do everything Dossena did. Nothing against Dossena, I think he's a decent left back, just reckon that Fabio is the better player.

So my statement isn't all that 'retarded'.

Don't agree with that. Can't see Aurelio charging forward to make an overlap at lightning speed, going from defence to attack in the speed of a quick counter, nor can I see him knocking it past a player and doing him for pace, nor can I see him nudging too many attackers of the ball through sheer physical presence.

Aurelio is superb, I hugely rate him and he was excellent today. His free-kicks are usually better when Gerrard's out the side...I think the latter puts huge pressure on other players when it comes to frees and he should not have such a monopoly on them. He's also a really excellent and intelligent defender and playmaker with his passing be it at LB or today in midfield.

To say though that he can do everything Dosenna can does both (though the latter especially) a dis-service. They are very different animals and there is room for both plus Insua in the squad, especially given Aurelio's injury problems. Would like for Insua/Dosenna to play against weaker teams in order to preserve Aurelio for big games, and to use him as a versatile experienced squad player.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #1198 on: February 8, 2009, 03:11:32 am »
Spot on HBHR, both are very different kinds of full backs and actually you could say that The Doss is more of a natural wing back than a full back, hardly surprising then to see how he's struggled, adapting to life in a new country with a new club, new team mates and new systems to adapt to and on top of all that having to grow accustomed to playing in a new position, i think a lot of posters can forget this when assessing his form to date.

I thought he was excellent whenever i saw him play for Udinese last year and was very excited when Rafa bought him but i was under no illusions that, like most players, it would take him a while to adjust, coming from a league as different as serie A is compared with the Premier League has most probably made that adjustment all the more difficult.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: February 8, 2009, 01:00:28 pm »
Don't agree with that. Can't see Aurelio charging forward to make an overlap at lightning speed, going from defence to attack in the speed of a quick counter, nor can I see him knocking it past a player and doing him for pace, nor can I see him nudging too many attackers of the ball through sheer physical presence.

Dossena's hardly done anything of that for Liverpool.... yet.

EDIT:
I've just reread your post and you've confused me. He isn't lightning fast, you're talking as if he's Theo Walcott. I don't think I've seen him bursting down the left on the counter for us neither has he nudged that many attackers of the ball. If anything, he gets nudged off the ball more often than them. Now I know you're going to give me the whole 'He's still adapting to the Premier League' which I totally understand and I do hope he does adapt and shows us all what he was capable of at Udinese, but until he actually does, he's not as good as Fabio Aurelio.

To say though that he can do everything Dosenna can does both (though the latter especially) a dis-service. They are very different animals and there is room for both plus Insua in the squad, especially given Aurelio's injury problems. Would like for Insua/Dosenna to play against weaker teams in order to preserve Aurelio for big games, and to use him as a versatile experienced squad player.

What I meant was Aurelio could have done everything Dossena did against Pompey. Dossena didn't exactly provide anything extra for Liverpool did he now? But Aurelio showed his potential to be a good player for us doing well at CM, LM and LB. Like I said at the beginning, I'm not slating Dossena, I just think Aurelio is the better player. Is it so wrong to say that?
« Last Edit: February 8, 2009, 01:09:31 pm by S7 »
@Samee
In Leicester?