Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 261599 times)

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #1120 on: February 3, 2009, 04:40:36 pm »
I still want to see him string 15 or 20 successive games together. He is susceptible to niggling injuries that prevents him from stringing games together and therefore its hard for him to maintain form.

He looks comfortable on the ball, has a good cross on him and is pretty adept in defence. I think we can afford to let Dossena go and not replace him to be honest, due to the fact Insua will provide the competition Aurelio needs.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #1121 on: February 3, 2009, 04:48:27 pm »
I still want to see him string 15 or 20 successive games together. He is susceptible to niggling injuries that prevents him from stringing games together and therefore its hard for him to maintain form.

He looks comfortable on the ball, has a good cross on him and is pretty adept in defence. I think we can afford to let Dossena go and not replace him to be honest, due to the fact Insua will provide the competition Aurelio needs.
15 or 20 games together? Come off it, that's ridiculous to expect. Only a select few lucky players can manage that and none of them full-backs, a very demanding position. I'd be surprised if there's one FB amongst the top 6 sides that has played the last 20 games without a rest/injury.

Just be thankful Rafa's found out the best way to get the best out of him is actually not to play him every single game, certainly not twice within seven days. Works out great all-round as not only does he show up in the big games, but when he's rested, it allows Insua to continue his own impressive development. Dossena, I feel, does not have much of a future at the club one way or another.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: February 3, 2009, 04:52:30 pm »
not a fan at all, but he played very well against the rent boys. wasnt helped either by a poor reira.

whats the deal with freekicks with the man? i think hes dreadful. i get the impression hes got a rep for bing good at them! or is it just a mith.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1123 on: February 3, 2009, 07:08:54 pm »
He played 11 games in 3 months from the start of the season until before christmas. Game a week at most until the end of the season, then maybe re-evaluate things possibly. He's got 1 year left on his contract no?

Offline mariov77

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1124 on: February 3, 2009, 08:47:13 pm »
I do think he is a good player . Unfortunately I can not say the same about Reira at the moment but he needs more time. Aurelio can become much better I think
The past was amazing the future looks scary...

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #1125 on: February 3, 2009, 09:24:19 pm »
What match were you watching?

Could ask you the same question.
Blank.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1126 on: February 4, 2009, 02:36:36 am »
What match were you watching?

Especially in the second half he put in some great crosses and most of them were just spot on .Did you watch the same match as the rest of us?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: February 4, 2009, 10:01:17 am »
Don't try lads - a quality match winning cross means nothing to Azer.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: February 4, 2009, 12:32:58 pm »
15 or 20 games together? Come off it, that's ridiculous to expect. Only a select few lucky players can manage that and none of them full-backs, a very demanding position. I'd be surprised if there's one FB amongst the top 6 sides that has played the last 20 games without a rest/injury.

Cole and botswinga at Chelsea who have played virtually every game this season.
But in Aurelio's case U are right Rossi if he can just stay fit and play in one game a week I think he will get the form we all know hes capable of.

Offline Abdul

• Main Stander
« Reply #1129 on: February 4, 2009, 12:47:05 pm »

Worringly he's due an injury any week now.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: February 4, 2009, 12:52:47 pm »
Cole and botswinga at Chelsea who have played virtually every game this season.
But in Aurelio's case U are right Rossi if he can just stay fit and play in one game a week I think he will get the form we all know hes capable of.

That's not true in the case of Cole - he has actually missed three league games this season already.

Last year he only played 27 league games out of 38 and in 2006-07 he only played 23 league games, after a serious knee injury. The year before he had injury problems for Arsenal too and only played 11 league games.

Boswinga has played every league games so far this season for Chelsea, but as Rossi says, that is exceptionally rare.

Offline azer

• Misanthrope who thinks we were battered by Sunderland.
  • Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #1131 on: February 4, 2009, 03:06:56 pm »
after lampard was sent off, the lad just kept running forward and his off the ball movements certainly created space for us to add some width to our attacking play. later on when yossi was introduced to play on the left hand side fabio ran forward even more frequently.

Correct. Key word there is "after" - which i acknowledged in a previous post.

Could ask you the same question.
Especially in the second half he put in some great crosses and most of them were just spot on .Did you watch the same match as the rest of us?

How many crosses did he put in before lampard got sent off?
 How many times did he overlap Riera before the goal where gerrard made the extra man to make it 3 on 1?

There are a few sites around with the full game if you need to check! I wasnt the only one to think that either, most people around me in the kop where shouting for the fullbacks to push on into the space.

Don't try lads - a quality match winning cross means nothing to Azer.
Yes. I never gave aurelio any credit for it did I?  :butt

It was a fantastic cross! Fantastic.  - there you go, i have said it again. In bold this time so surely you will notice that.

But as i said before, Aurelio is great on the ball when he has plenty of time and there is no one within 20 yards of him. He proved that with great aplomb on sunday.
Just like he proved at Wigan that he is fantastic in belting the ball 50 yards up the pitch when he is being put under pressure.
Something quaint and witty.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: February 4, 2009, 03:18:03 pm »
I really do like Aurelio and think he's a quality player. But the stuff on this thread is way OTT. First of all, he was definitely not MOTM- I can't see it at all. Secondly, 'fantastic' cross?! No way- that goal was 75% Torres, 10% Aurelio and the rest was on Gerrard making that great run across their defence to open the space of for Aurelio. That cross wasn't easy for Torres- so in no way was it fantastic- Torres had to beat Alex (who you'd have expected to get their first) to get to that ball, and then had to work at turning it towards goal. In other words- it wasn't fantastic at all- Torres just made it work as he does. In fact, Gerrard gets lambasted for putting in similar crosses all the time (most of which won't end in goals).

Aurelio, as ever, did well against Chelsea, but let's not go overboard on this! His play with Riera down the left, as always, was the main highlight for me- I like the understanding these 2 have and I'd hope that it has a good chance to develop (barring injuries).

EDIT: I've just seen the goal again. Scratch my previous comments- Torres made the run before the cross came in and Aurelio puts it right on the money. Great play from all involved.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2009, 03:19:55 pm by BazC »
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: February 4, 2009, 03:25:37 pm »
15 or 20 successive games, fuck me I'm impressed when he plays two on the bounce. His injury problems are a great shame but it doesn't look like he'll ever get over them.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: February 4, 2009, 03:34:51 pm »
Well, here's his contribution before and after the sending off. There's no doubt he got a lot more crosses in afterwards, and was starting moves from the back a lot less, but he was getting forward a lot beforehand judging by the amount of passes he made (cheers to VdM for pointing out the new Guardian chalkboards in another thread):

<a href="http://www.guardianchalkboards.com/guardianchalkboards_embed.swf?chalkBoardID=d03FB0t82075B424O4qj" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.guardianchalkboards.com/guardianchalkboards_embed.swf?chalkBoardID=d03FB0t82075B424O4qj</a>

Also, excluding his crosses, his passing is obviously quite accurate judging by these stats.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2009, 03:36:42 pm by the_prodigal_s0n »

Offline Stevie07

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1135 on: February 4, 2009, 03:44:13 pm »
I thought he was excellent against Chelsea and posed far more of a threat than Riera down the left hand side. He took the initiative when Lampard was sent off and took advantage of the space in front of him by carrying the ball upfield to launch attacks. It's a pity the lad can't stay injury free as I think that's what affects his consistency.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1136 on: February 4, 2009, 03:46:19 pm »
6 balls into the box including one quality ball for the goal in the last 30 minutes as opposed to two very poor crosses in the first 60 minutes. He got forward but the sending off allowed him to actually make some meaningful contributions in the opposition box. He did well on sunday but can play better.

Also to note that it was Carra's excellent cross field ball that gave him the ball in the first place which initiated the move with babel-Gerrard-Kuyt-Gerrard-aurelio for the cross for the goal. Excellent team goal and I don't think Chelsea expected Carra to do anything other than a simple pass when he had the ball which allowed us to find a bit of space on the other side.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #1137 on: February 4, 2009, 05:20:13 pm »
6 balls into the box including one quality ball for the goal in the last 30 minutes as opposed to two very poor crosses in the first 60 minutes. He got forward but the sending off allowed him to actually make some meaningful contributions in the opposition box.

That chalk board thing is pretty good!! It pretty much gives substance to my previous post:
But as i said before, Aurelio is great on the ball when he has plenty of time and there is no one within 20 yards of him. He proved that with great aplomb on sunday.
Just like he proved at Wigan that he is fantastic in belting the ball 50 yards up the pitch when he is being put under pressure.

So as we have seen: Aurelio with Room and time - good. Otherwise - Bad and 50 yard hoofs. Im looking forward to seeing Neills intrepretation of what must be a earth shattering news for him. he may even have to take the picture of aurelio out of his locker at school! ;)

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: February 4, 2009, 05:27:00 pm »
That chalk board thing is pretty good!! It pretty much gives substance to my previous post:
So as we have seen: Aurelio with Room and time - good. Otherwise - Bad and 50 yard hoofs. Im looking forward to seeing Neills intrepretation of what must be a earth shattering news for him. he may even have to take the picture of aurelio out of his locker at school! ;)

Yeah because stats from 60 minutes of one game offer conclusive proof to support any argument  ::)

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #1139 on: February 4, 2009, 05:33:57 pm »
Yeah because stats from 60 minutes of one game offer conclusive proof to support any argument  ::)

Does that chalk board thing go back as far as the wigan game? that would give you something to do during lunch hour tomorrow Neil!

I'm a bit nervous that you have quoted me in your Sig. I know my wisdom will have you in awe but really.....you are embarrassing me.....and you didnt see the bit at the end.....does blinkers causing problems again?? :lol

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1140 on: February 4, 2009, 05:43:30 pm »

Just be thankful Rafa's found out the best way to get the best out of him is actually not to play him every single game, certainly not twice within seven days. Works out great all-round as not only does he show up in the big games, but when he's rested, it allows Insua to continue his own impressive development. Dossena, I feel, does not have much of a future at the club one way or another.
Lescott. Think he hasn't been out since his move from Wolves in 2006- quite remarkable.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2009, 05:50:24 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: February 4, 2009, 05:44:17 pm »
Does that chalk board thing go back as far as the wigan game? that would give you something to do during lunch hour tomorrow Neil!

I'm a bit nervous that you have quoted me in your Sig. I know my wisdom will have you in awe but really.....you are embarrassing me.....and you didnt see the bit at the end.....does blinkers causing problems again?? :lol

Two games wouldn't provide much conclusive proof either - there have been games this season where Fabio has peppered the box with quality crosses, Portsmouth and Fulham springs to mind, as did Dossena against West Ham, but nobody took advantage of them. I don't need an online chalkboard to recall these games, I stood on the Kop watching them.

I just thought a positive quote from you regarding our Brazilian left back deserved recording in my signature for posterity - in case you forgot in the future the exact moment you saw the light and accepted his quality like most Reds. I left out the last bit to spare your blushes!

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1142 on: February 7, 2009, 07:34:33 pm »
Fabio!

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: February 7, 2009, 07:39:33 pm »
Ohhhh Fabio!
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1144 on: February 7, 2009, 07:51:58 pm »
he did a great job today, had good vision whilst he played in the midfield and also when he was back as left back. took a couple of chances, and did a great strike there, nice goal. MOTM for me today

Keep it up Fabio!!!
« Last Edit: February 7, 2009, 07:54:46 pm by Lady_brandybuck »
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: February 7, 2009, 07:52:33 pm »
Haha! What a goal! Great freekick too. Hit the post.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline 10 years from Sami

• Main Stander
« Reply #1146 on: February 7, 2009, 07:53:45 pm »
He done a great job today. Has he played centre midfield at any of his other clubs or was it just a shrewd move by Rafa?

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1147 on: February 7, 2009, 07:54:21 pm »
Hes been missing free kicks all his Liverpool career and suddenly he scores one and hits the post! :lmao

What a performance!
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1148 on: February 7, 2009, 07:55:37 pm »
Fabio-lous tonight!

Ba-doom cha!
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #1149 on: February 7, 2009, 07:56:41 pm »
A goal and two assists in two games?

What is going on!
hi

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1150 on: February 7, 2009, 07:58:12 pm »
thought he was our MOTM today, great performance.

Offline Crouchy

• Legacy Fan
  • Vamos!
« Reply #1151 on: February 7, 2009, 08:01:19 pm »
He was very good in the centre Tonight, looked confident there.  Unlucky with the free kick in the 1st half but got his just reward.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: February 7, 2009, 08:06:19 pm »
MOTM playing in central midfield!

Great to see him remember his reputation as a 'set piece expert' - hitting the post with a brilliant effort and slamming one home through a pack of Pompey players.

Dominated all match long and ran the show - go on Azer, give me some more quotes for my sig.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #1153 on: February 7, 2009, 08:15:29 pm »
Finally the next step up performance-wise some of us knew he was capable of. This was Fabio of Valencia 2000-2005, playing much more advanced in midfield with a deadly strike from set-pieces.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline wesley

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1154 on: February 7, 2009, 08:18:08 pm »
there is no better example of how a player could silence his critics:)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1155 on: February 7, 2009, 08:20:25 pm »
Good job today, I hope for many more like this. Unlucky not to score from that free kick, but I think he should get more experience. Stevie should not take them anymore.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline ladcameo

• Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1156 on: February 7, 2009, 08:21:16 pm »
this guys areal passing is awesome.i have seen the same with beckham and now him.rafa shud have brought him earlier

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: February 7, 2009, 08:23:00 pm »
I still wouldn't let Aurelio anywhere near our free kicks. One game doesn't change anything. Gerrard/Alonso/Agger should get them.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: February 7, 2009, 08:26:04 pm »
motm today, top fucken class.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: February 7, 2009, 08:27:19 pm »
he played really well today, looked alonso-esque in centre mid at times.
with basically the title on the line (a loss there and that probably would have been it) and big names missing we needed some of the other players to step up to the plate.
aurelio certainly stepped up to the plate.