Author Topic: Charity Shield tickets  (Read 158524 times)

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Charity Shield tickets
« Reply #40 on: July 7, 2006, 12:05:59 pm »
I agree but it's the going rate for a high profile, sell out occasion these days - pop/rock concerts for example. I paid £75 each for the mrs and I for Bon Jovi recently - pay it or don't go is the choice  ::)

Supply and demand - it doesn't make it right but until the demand goes, the price will only get higher.

I am sure many who missed out would have willing paid £60 or £90.
If they take the piss on this it won't sell out I don't think. People haven't got the money to waste on a weekend for a friendly. They will save for Euro trips etc. We'll see what it brings but if they are stupid enough to take the piss it's their own fault. As for demand and supply, it will be interesting to watch it unfold.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #41 on: July 7, 2006, 02:03:29 pm »
If they take the piss on this it won't sell out I don't think. People haven't got the money to waste on a weekend for a friendly. They will save for Euro trips etc. We'll see what it brings but if they are stupid enough to take the piss it's their own fault. As for demand and supply, it will be interesting to watch it unfold.
agree.........but i meant supply and demand for th FA Cup Final :)
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 7, 2006, 02:07:03 pm »
agree.........but i meant supply and demand for th FA Cup Final :)
Thats the problem, they know they can get away with it. The stupid attitude along the lines of "well fuck it I'll pay 48 for Chelsea, it's only 9 quid more than Bolton, only 6 more than Brum" is the problem. Then when it's 52 next year, "it's only 4 quid more" and 55 the year after "its only 3 quid more". Where does it stop?!

Next year some FA cup final tickets will be 95/100 quid, "but it's only 5 or 10 more" it will never stop.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 7, 2006, 04:46:52 pm »
Thats the problem, they know they can get away with it. The stupid attitude along the lines of "well fuck it I'll pay 48 for Chelsea, it's only 9 quid more than Bolton, only 6 more than Brum" is the problem. Then when it's 52 next year, "it's only 4 quid more" and 55 the year after "its only 3 quid more". Where does it stop?!

Next year some FA cup final tickets will be 95/100 quid, "but it's only 5 or 10 more" it will never stop.

Tony, I think you should get over the ticket price thing mate. You're really gonna do yourself some damage one day ranting about it. As much as we don't like it, it's here to stay.

talks about methods of reducing it are all unreal. Just take a deep breath and save your money for the Euro aways where you'll have more fun anyway.  :wave
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 7, 2006, 04:56:32 pm »
By the sounds of it this isn't going be a popular trip. Hmmm... and here I have 10 Russians (pro-LFC, not Chelsea) begging me to find them a ticket... :)

Offline noelbmuzzy

• Boys Pen
« Reply #45 on: July 7, 2006, 10:07:30 pm »
do you lads think it will be possible to get a ticket even though i am not a season ticket holder

Offline noelbmuzzy

• Boys Pen
« Reply #46 on: July 7, 2006, 10:15:03 pm »
how many tickets available for mainz game?

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #47 on: July 7, 2006, 10:24:16 pm »
how many tickets available for mainz game?

Don't know mate but they're on sale. Click here for details.

do you lads think it will be possible to get a ticket even though i am not a season ticket holder

Yes mate, I'm pretty sure you will be able to :)
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline noelbmuzzy

• Boys Pen
« Reply #48 on: July 7, 2006, 10:26:04 pm »
cheers reddave :wave

Offline nisheetp

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2006, 01:42:33 pm »
Less than 5 weeks away....they should be for sale soon one expects!!!
One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures - George W Bush

Offline buggy2

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2006, 06:23:33 pm »
TT and those who complain about ticket prices are totally correct. The price of match tickets is gone ridiculous. Arsenal and Chelsea away will be cost about £50-55 this season I suspect, Bolton will be £42-45, even Wigan which was £25 last season is going up to £30. Thankfully Brum got relegated cos £42 for that dump was completly OTT. Its time people said enough is enough.

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2006, 06:27:05 pm »
TT and those who complain about ticket prices are totally correct. The price of match tickets is gone ridiculous. Arsenal and Chelsea away will be cost about £50-55 this season I suspect, Bolton will be £42-45, even Wigan which was £25 last season is going up to £30. Thankfully Brum got relegated cos £42 for that dump was completly OTT. Its time people said enough is enough.
Replaced by Reading for £39!  ;)

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2006, 08:56:25 pm »
just been on the Chelsea web site and they are charging £40 for friendly game vs Celtic.
what a rip off, community shield tickets will be cheap for them.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2006, 09:04:09 pm »
Less than 5 weeks away....they should be for sale soon one expects!!!

at least 3 weeks away yet i'd expect.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2006, 08:15:35 am »

I agree with you both but unfortunately supply and demand dictate otherwise.  For every one person that says 'bollocks I'm not paying that'  there'll be two people saying 'great, more chance of tickets for me'.  Most away PL games would sell out at £50-£60 a ticket. 

I feel sorry for those that go to all games, these are the ones really suffering from high ticket prices.  Those that only go to 1-5 aways a season can afford an extra £5 a ticket.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2006, 05:16:07 pm »
Didn't bother with this in the past but fancy the trip out, maybe our last trip to cardiff?

Anyway what happens you go into a ballot?

Offline a red revolution

• Legacy Fan
  • Forty-five!!
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2006, 05:49:19 pm »
Got this off Chelsea's website about tickets:

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?article=301353&Title=Tickets&lid=Navigation+-+Tickets&sub=Tickets&nav=&sublid=

Chelsea have received 25,500 tickets for this match which are priced mainly at £30 each, with the remaining tickets priced at £40, £20 and £15. A family enclosure area is available in the stadium and these are priced at £30 for adults and £15 for juniors. We regret to inform supporters that there will be no duplicate tickets available for this match.
"It is easy for these so-called experts to talk about the game when they don't see the training. . . . . it is easy for people to criticise on television; they have never managed a team that has lost a game - or won one."

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2006, 06:22:26 pm »

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?article=301353&Title=Tickets&lid=Navigation+-+Tickets&sub=Tickets&nav=&sublid=

Chelsea have received 25,500 tickets for this match which are priced mainly at £30 each, with the remaining tickets priced at £40, £20 and £15. A family enclosure area is available in the stadium and these are priced at £30 for adults and £15 for juniors. We regret to inform supporters that there will be no duplicate tickets available for this match.
Know it's the community shield, and tickets should be passed round the community as such. But don't see why the FA are raiding tickets for this if they already have for the FA cup final. One or the other you greedy, inconsiderate, corporate fuckwits.

Preferably this by the way wankers, but taking a shit load from both is fuckin disgraceful. Wish someone would blow up Soho Square and do us all a favour.

Offline Mark_P

• Stupid fucking little gosbite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2006, 06:32:52 pm »
If they gave Chelsea 35,000 and us 35,000 there'd be at least 20,000 empty seats.  At least if the FA's raiding them there won't be.
Just GO you Yank twats.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2006, 07:15:28 pm »

Prices are ok, but as said the allocation is appalling.  I'm hoping they give us a larger allocation but that's doubtful.

I need four adults and two child tickets.  I have 5 STs but 2 are required for adult tickets.  Do you reckon there will be adult/child tickets left after the ST sale?

Offline cowlos

• Anny Roader
  • Justice is Here
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2006, 08:24:08 pm »
Here we go again. Chelsea have already posted details for selling tickets. What do we do? Leave it until three days before the match, try and sell at the last minute and then send them out with an arthritic postie. Some things never change :no

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2006, 08:38:07 pm »
25,000 is a shite allocation.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2006, 09:08:42 pm »
We'll struggle to sell even 20,000 through a combination of lack of demand, and the Ticket Office leaving it to the last minute. Also, Cardiff is not the easiest place to get to and from, especially on a Sunday.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:20:56 pm by stoz »

Online Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2006, 09:18:32 pm »
I will more than happily hoover up the left-overs as I know loads of people who really want to go.

Offline cowlos

• Anny Roader
  • Justice is Here
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2006, 09:47:00 pm »
It will always sell. A lot of people will see it as a last chance for Cardiff night(s) out and that's always worth it.
 ;D

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2006, 10:34:43 am »
Well, I'm fuckin going.

I know it's a pretty meaningless game in the grand scheme of things, but I love the Charity shield as a good day/night out.

A great way to start off the season in my opinion. Reinforces that we were successful last year and a chance to gain a one up on what is usually a main rival, be it whether they are League Champions or FA Cup holders.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2006, 07:46:05 pm »
We'll struggle to sell even 20,000 through a combination of lack of demand, and the Ticket Office leaving it to the last minute. Also, Cardiff is not the easiest place to get to and from, especially on a Sunday.

Been to the CS twice at Cardiff and both times didn't seem to be sell outs but a fair few there.

I know a fair few Reds who don't view it as having any meaning but any time we play one of our major rivals - in this case moan-re-nio and his big fuck-off bag of do$h - it has meaning for me.

True, I won't lose too much sleep if we lose but I'll have A JOLLY GOOD GLOAT if we win.  ;D

Expensive trip early in the season I know and Sunday is a sod of a day for it but bollocks I'll take the Monday off.

I would think in spite of both sides playing it down the Blue MoneyBaggers will want some sort of revenge for the FA cup semi and LIKE FUCK we'll want to lose so it could be a good game.

Anyway, might be the final send-off to the Millennium ( lovely stadium, nice city - pity Paul Sargent's an ARSEHOLE  :wave )

Offline kingkop182

• Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2006, 10:44:14 pm »
Anyway, might be the final send-off to the Millennium ( lovely stadium, nice city - pity Paul Sargent's an ARSEHOLE  :wave )

Is right

Offline fckjoe

• Main Stander
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2006, 11:31:01 am »
This is taken from the chelsea ticket news page, seems like they know what they are doin! Anyways, hope that the tickets will be cheap and i'll have a good day out again at Cardiff ...

Here it is:

The selling procedures for the Community Shield match against Liverpool on 13th August are as follows :

The selling procedures will be as follows:

Monday 24th July to Sunday 30th July: Season Ticket holders can purchase one ticket.

Monday 31st July to Sunday 6th August: Members can purchase one ticket.

Monday 7th August to Friday 11th August: Season Ticket holders and Members can purchase an extra two tickets (up to a maximum of three in total).

As per the club’s ticketing policy 75% of the tickets will be sold on the internet and 25% will be sold at the box office. Tickets sold via the internet will go on sale at 7am and tickets from the box office will go on sale from 9am. All tickets are subject to availability and there will be no telephone sales this season.

Chelsea will be providing travel to this game, details to follow

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2006, 07:11:48 pm »
No duplicates again..why wont they learn.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2006, 08:14:11 pm »
cos they are useless, self interested c*nts?

Offline S24 LFC

• For Sale!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Part of the establishment
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2006, 08:15:15 pm »
im gettin a job at the post office. Free tickets all round
Our round the world trip.

www.getjealous.com/sas091011

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2006, 09:36:32 pm »
im gettin a job at the post office. Free tickets all round

;D

Offline fckjoe

• Main Stander
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2006, 10:12:37 pm »
wouldn't mind ....

Offline Crouchinho

• Main Stander
  • "We are the real people's club"
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2006, 10:17:31 pm »
At the bottom of the ticket news page on .tv for the charity shield match it says:  Previous purchases must be recorded on fancard.

Hopefully priority given to those of us who missed out in the ballot for final tickets because of the theft but it will probably go to all those who went to the final as there is only 25,000.  It also suggests there is no general sale for those of you who had hoped to get a ticket this way.

Offline lfc84

• Kopite
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2006, 10:25:40 pm »
At the bottom of the ticket news page on .tv for the charity shield match it says:  Previous purchases must be recorded on fancard.
It says that on every page....LOL

« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 10:58:31 pm by lfc84 »

Offline S24 LFC

• For Sale!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Part of the establishment
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2006, 10:47:47 pm »

Hopefully priority given to those of us who missed out in the ballot for final tickets because of the theft but it will probably go to all those who went to the final as there is only 25,000.  It also suggests there is no general sale for those of you who had hoped to get a ticket this way.

will go to general
Our round the world trip.

www.getjealous.com/sas091011

Offline fckjoe

• Main Stander
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2006, 11:49:44 pm »
yeah, it will .... for sure!

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2006, 12:53:02 am »
Hopefully this goes to general, anyone remember what demand in 2002 was like?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2006, 12:12:04 pm »
Liverpool FC have released the following ticket details for our Community Shield clash with Chelsea. 
The F.A. Community Shield in Partnership with McNasty's

Liverpool FC v Chelsea FC

To be played at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
On Sunday 13 August 2006, kick off 3.00pm

Dates of Sale

Tuesday 25 July 2006 -
Main Stand and Paddock Season Ticket Holders who have a Ticket for the FA Cup Final 06 on their Fancard

Wednesday 26 July 2006 -
Upper and Lower Centenary Stand Season Ticket Holders who have a Ticket for the FA Cup Final 06 on their Fancard

Thursday 27 July & Friday 28 July 2006 -
Kop and Anfield Road Season Ticket Holders who have a Ticket for the FA Cup Final 06 on their Fancard

Tuesday 1st August 2006 -
Fan Card Holders who have a Ticket for the FA Cup Final 06 on their Fancard

Full Selling Details

Liverpool Football Club have received an allocation of 24527 tickets. The tickets are priced at £40, £30, £20 and £15. The percentage split on the allocation is as follows:- £40 – 20%, £30 – 61%, £20 – 8%, £15 – 11%.

Within the allocation are 53 disabled spaces together with personal assistant tickets and 30 for the visually impaired together with personal assistant tickets. These tickets are priced at £15 with the personal assistants’ tickets free of charge.

Concessions at 50% of the face value of the ticket are available to children under 16 who will be accompanied with an adult and to supporters over the age of 65. These concessions have been limited to four of the lower tier blocks behind the goal.

Shareholders

The allocation and selling arrangements for ALL shareholders are as follows:

On holding:

1 -9 shares
1 ticket at £40 or £30 AS AVAILABLE

10 – 49 shares
2 tickets at £40 or £30 AS AVAILABLE

50 shares and over
3 tickets at £40 or £30 AS AVAILABLE

The ticket allocation to shareholders will apply to their registered shareholdings as at 18th May 2006. Any transfer of shares lodged for registration after this date will not qualify.

Shareholders can purchase their ticket(s) from the Ticket Office or on the Credit Card line, telephone number 0870 220 0408 from Wednesday 19 July until Friday 21 July 2006. The following information will be required:-

Name and address
Details of shareholding

Shareholders with shares registered under a nominee company, must give details of the nominee company and the account number must be supplied.

Shareholders applying by post should make immediate application to the Ticket Office detailing the ticket price in order of preference. Cheques should be made payable to Liverpool Football Club and endorsed not to exceed the maximum value of the highest priced ticket allowed under the allocation. The cheque will be completed by the club to the actual value of the ticket(s) available. Every effort will be made to supply the ticket(s) to the value requested but this can not be guaranteed. Please also see note regarding postal applications.

Corporate Members

The Corporate Sales Department will be writing to all members to advise them on their ticket allocation.

Disabled and Visually Impaired Season Ticket and Fan Card Holders

The Ticket Office will write to the disabled and visually impaired supporters who qualify for a ticket.

Season Ticket Holders & Fan Card Holders

Tickets will be available to Season Ticket and Fan Card Holders who qualified and purchased a ticket for the F.A. Cup Final on 13th May 2006.

Tickets priced at £40, £30, £20 and £15 will be available on the days detailed below either by personal application at the Ticket Office , on the credit card line, telephone number 0870 220 0056, or online from our online sales page as follows:-

Tuesday 25 July 2006 -
Qualifying Main Stand and Paddock Season Ticket Holders

Wednesday 26 July 2006 -
Qualifying Upper and Lower Centenary Stand Season Ticket Holders

Thursday 27 July & Friday 28 July 2006 -
Qualifying Kop and Anfield Road Season Ticket Holders

Tuesday 1st August 2006 -
Qualifying Fan Card Holders

We can guarantee tickets will be available to all the above Season Ticket and Fan Card Holders.

On each of the selling days, tickets at each price will be available for as long as supplies last. Every effort will be made to supply the ticket to the value requested but this cannot be guaranteed due to the variances of the number of tickets in each of the price categories.

Credit card bookings will be subject to a booking fee of 50p per ticket and a transaction fee charge of £2.50 per ticket will be applied to online bookings.

Season Ticket and Fan Card Holders who meet the above criteria can also make application by post. This should be done immediately giving details of name and address and Fan card number together with details of the ticket price in order of preference. Cheques should be made payable to Liverpool Football Club and endorsed not to exceed the maximum value of the highest priced ticket allowed under the allocation. The cheque will be completed by the Club to the actual value of the tickets available. Every effort will be made to supply ticket(s) to the value requested but this cannot be guaranteed.

Postal applications from Shareholders and Season Ticket Holders should be sent to :-

LFC Ticket Office
P.O.Box 204
Liverpool
L69 4PQ

All postal applications must be received by Monday 24th July 2006.

A further announcement will be made after the above sale as it is anticipated that there may be tickets remaining. In this instance priority will be given to Fan Card holders who qualified for the F.A. Cup Final ballot.

THE MILLENNIUM STADIUM HAVE INFORMED BOTH COMPETING CLUBS
THAT THEY WILL NOT PROVIDE DUPLICATE TICKETS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

Tickets are STRICTLY non-transferable, Liverpool FC has to furnish details to the Football Association on all tickets purchased i.e. names and addresses of applicants corresponding to the seat details on the ticket issued to the applicant.

Liverpool F C will not take any responsibility for any financial losses due to lost, destroyed or damaged tickets.

All tickets are sold in accordance with the Football Association’s Terms and Conditions which are displayed in the Club Information Notice Board. Copies are available on request.

Postal applications

It is recommended to supporters making a postal application to include with their application a self addressed special delivery Post office envelope with the correct postage for the return of their ticket.

The ticket office hours are Monday – Friday 8.15 am to 5.30 pm. Saturday and Sunday 9.15am to 1.00 pm.

The telephone booking lines will open at 8.30am Monday to Friday.