Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3422318 times)

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #28560 on: May 16, 2019, 01:36:10 pm »
Yeah, and I suspect that would mean Pep would be off after next season.

I think that's pretty likely anyway, but the good news is he'd probably throw everything at that elusive CL.

And the better news is he'll fail. Again.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28561 on: May 16, 2019, 01:36:33 pm »
If they finally get given a tough(ish) group in the Champions League next season, say Atletico/Real Madrid from pot 2, an Italian side in pot 3, and one of the tougher pot 4 teams, the whining will be off the charts. 

They’ll probably even release an official statement crying about a conspiracy against them. Again.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28562 on: May 16, 2019, 01:37:44 pm »
The possibilities are endless..i do hope Uefa have sufficient evidence & right now i do hope the evidence gathered is bad, bad enough for City to be punished severely..so severely that no other club would ever consider shit like this again.
Stripped of any honours won during period of deceit,5 year CL ban & demoted to tier 3 would be a start.
How cool would that be.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #28563 on: May 16, 2019, 01:40:06 pm »
Man City’s stance, basically saying it’s a conspiracy and questioning the integrity of the lead investigator is madness.

"Listen up, your Honour. You are a twat, I fuck your wife on sundays, and your mother on saturdays. Now let's begin today's court proceedings."

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28564 on: May 16, 2019, 01:56:21 pm »
The state of the city fans all over twitter claiming that their billionaire owners will just appoint the worlds best paid lawyers and sue anyone and everyone who will stand in the way of their world domination.  I  bet you these lot didn't think they'd turn into this in the lofty days of Nicky Weaver and Paul Dickov.

The residents of Beswick and Gorton must be beaming with pride.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28565 on: May 16, 2019, 01:59:39 pm »
The state of the city fans all over twitter claiming that their billionaire owners will just appoint the worlds best paid lawyers and sue anyone and everyone who will stand in the way of their world domination.  I  bet you these lot didn't think they'd turn into this in the lofty days of Nicky Weaver and Paul Dickov.

Haha, like 90% of their current fans even have a clue who they are  ;D

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28566 on: May 16, 2019, 02:01:40 pm »

Becoming more insufferable than the entitled Chelsea mob

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28567 on: May 16, 2019, 02:13:58 pm »
I used to see a girl who lived on Platt lane, and Maine Rd, the ground, was visible from her bedroom window. Man City were really part of the community back then. Academy training also over the road on Platt Lane. I used to quite like them because I spent a bit of time in that area and match days were good craic, but they’ve morphed into a horrible club. Owned by a man who has plundered (pillaged more like) his country’s people and their resources to game national football leagues and continental competitions, now being supported by a new breed of glory hunters and Trumpian trolls. I feel like I know more about their club and its history than their current “fans”.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:16:05 pm by Peabee »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28568 on: May 16, 2019, 02:21:19 pm »

They will threaten this, too. Wouldn't surprise me if they already have.

They did do in 2014. Threatened to bury UEFA in paperwork.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28569 on: May 16, 2019, 02:48:22 pm »

Depends what you count as current fans, don't think they've attracted much in the way of new match going support and I've not seen an influx of people in city shirts coming out of the woodwork round where I live, used to see kids in Chelsea shirts 10-15 years ago and Manchester is a hell of a lot closer than London yet seems to be fuck all in the way of city geg ins, they truly are "not really here"

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #28570 on: May 16, 2019, 03:08:26 pm »

Serious question: did Dickov and Windass ever play in the same side?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #28571 on: May 16, 2019, 03:14:08 pm »
Speaking of the Trumpish nature of all this, this is a great piece by Seb Stafford-Bloor.

https://www.football365.com/news/pitchforks-and-paranoia-footballs-hologram-sociopath-problem

Good find K.

Found the following extract particularly revealing. I've edited it from the original Trump ploy/tactic to suit the City situation but it's so revealing that City's representatives are doing exactly what it says on the Trump tin in rejecting allegations against them which any decent, sport loving, reasonably intelligent and right minded person knows to be absolutely true.

"First, they’ll deny that any offence was ever committed. Second, when confronted by evidence proving otherwise, they’ll denigrate whoever is making the allegation or mounting the criticism. And third, most troublingly, their supporters will take the lead of their club, chorusing the denials and/or instigating fake news accusations in an attempt to drown the allegations and any rebuttal of City's denials with conspiratorial rhetoric."

Well, sorry City, but this time the guns are loaded against you simply because sport ain't politics and your competitors aren't easily manipulated by lies in the same way alienated electorates can be. I'm firmly convinced we are witnessing the thin end of the wedge regarding your heinous regime. It will clearly take more time to come but I really do think justice is about to be dispensed. Your days are well and truly numbered you absolute cheating abominable c*nts.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 03:17:26 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28572 on: May 16, 2019, 03:23:46 pm »
I haven't really read all thats come out from these UEFA reports - so in summary - what, if anything, is happening?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #28573 on: May 16, 2019, 03:27:32 pm »
just.....wow.

from the letters page on F365:

really want to comment on the disgust surrounding the City players/staff members singing a song that includes a line about Liverpool fans being attacked in Kiev but I am struggling to find a way without people thinking I am trying to belittle the incident.  As a City fan I can see how people will just see my comments as blinkered and I really truly do not want to absolve the group of players/staff who sang the song from blame.  Likewise I do not want to gloss over an incident in Kiev that led to fans being attacked, that was a terrible incident that I would wish on no-one, and this really is not a “they started it” email or “now we are evens’ email so I hope I manage to do this in a way it is intended and provoke reasonable response and not more anger.  Anyway, here goes my thoughts on why it happened and why I feel these players/staff have a dislike for Liverpool fans and a reason to mock/have banter with them.  They are singing a song about a group of people who attacked them on the bus in April 2018.

To hopefully put some context to my point, on 8 January 2010 Togo team bus including City forward Adebayor was attacked, where gunman rained bullets onto the team bus, with 3 people being killed with more injured.  Adebayor upon his return to City spoke about the incident and the fear he felt during the attack and there are a number of backroom staff still at City who helped Adebayor after this incident.  On 11 April 2017, the Borussia Dortmund team bus was attacked by roadside bombs and defender (ex Barca) Marc Bartra was injured.  Batra is well known to City ex Barca contingent as well as playing alongside David Silva for Spain.  So my point is when the City bus was rained down with missiles from the Liverpool fans and the City players were being told to lie down on the floor by their security to avoid injury, they had no idea what missiles were hitting the bus.  Yes it was bottles but they would not have known that.  All would have been in fear of their lives, some would be thinking of what happened to their friend Barta and some (admittedly less) would have remember what Adebayor went through.  This would have had a major effect on the City players and Liverpool fans knew that by unsettling the players on their route in it would help their team that night and that, along with some excellent football, won the tie for Liverpool.  Was there any regret from Liverpool fans on the incident or were they just absolutely ‘buzzing’ that they had helped their team hammer City that night?

So a year later, the City players/staff have beaten the team who their ‘attackers’ support.. There has been no punishment for those attackers from what happened from the people who are suppose to protect them (Police through to the Football Governing body) so there is a feeling that they got away with attacking them.  So at the point where the players/staff are ‘buzzing’ with joy over winning the league, beating a team who had been bloomin’ brilliant and they were clearly more than a few beers in, were they thinking?…’you attacked us, you made us fear for our lives and we beat you….we have some payback….we beat you even though your team had their best season ever……so f##k you!”

As I said I really hope this is taken in the context its meant for and to show that it feels to me a reaction, a reaction that is regrettable, that was just human.  I was attacked once and when I saw the attacker in court I felt nothing but disgust and anger towards him and  honestly even now I would love to have some sort of power over them.  That was/is my human reaction, so can we just accept that footballers are human too.
Gavin, MCFC
Believer

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28574 on: May 16, 2019, 03:28:46 pm »
There's very little anyone can do that interests me. If they get banned from CL, it just makes the league harder for us whilst not really helping us in the CL itself. If they get fined, that's not a punishment at all. Even if they miraculously got a fucking points deduction for this season it would be a massive anti-climax. I don't see what anyone thinks they (UEFA/FA/PL) can actually do to City that matters to LFC. Perhaps a 5 year ban from all European competition would completely shut them down I guess, but that's never going to happen.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28575 on: May 16, 2019, 03:29:40 pm »
just.....wow.

:lmao :lmao

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28576 on: May 16, 2019, 03:29:44 pm »
just.....wow.

What a gobshite  ;D

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #28577 on: May 16, 2019, 03:30:56 pm »
What a gobshite  ;D

i mean there's mental gymnastics and then there's....Gavin MCFC
Believer

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #28578 on: May 16, 2019, 03:31:15 pm »
I reckon we could see a return of the G14 if UEFA do not act on City & PSG. The ECA are already pushing for numerous (bad) changes, but I think the big clubs will always use the super league as a stick to get what they want.

I do like how the officials are trying to deny the allegations as if they could ever show that the sponsorship deals they've signed could ever attain the levels they have compared to their rivals. Any fraud investigation team would spot that things were going on off the books.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #28579 on: May 16, 2019, 03:31:51 pm »
Holy fucking god.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28580 on: May 16, 2019, 03:32:56 pm »
just.....wow.

:lmao

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #28581 on: May 16, 2019, 03:34:52 pm »
just.....wow.

Fucking hell that's some mental gymnastics there!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28582 on: May 16, 2019, 03:35:27 pm »
Their fans are on a different fucking planet. Genuinely cannot comprehend the stupidity.

As for UEFA, Real Madrid and Barcelona are their darlings, if they spoke up you know UEFA would pull their fingers out. But unfortunately City haven't affected them much.  Yet.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #28583 on: May 16, 2019, 03:36:54 pm »
just.....wow.

such garbage haha
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #28584 on: May 16, 2019, 03:37:21 pm »
i mean there's mental gymnastics and then there's....Gavin MCFC

;D

Considering Guardiola was quick to mention the Borussia Dortmund bus attack after the Abu Dhabi FC bus got hit by Kopparberg bottles, it's no surprise their dickhead fans twist themselves in knots trying to justify this.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #28585 on: May 16, 2019, 03:45:52 pm »
That Gavin would be a celebrity on GOT, the warped c*nt.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28586 on: May 16, 2019, 03:48:11 pm »
There's very little anyone can do that interests me. If they get banned from CL, it just makes the league harder for us whilst not really helping us in the CL itself. If they get fined, that's not a punishment at all. Even if they miraculously got a fucking points deduction for this season it would be a massive anti-climax. I don't see what anyone thinks they (UEFA/FA/PL) can actually do to City that matters to LFC. Perhaps a 5 year ban from all European competition would completely shut them down I guess, but that's never going to happen.

If UEFA go hard on them it will benefit the league in the long term though as they won't be able to keep pumping their own money in through inflated commercial deals, if they have to restructure their wage bill around legit income then there's no way they'll be able to have a squad of two first teams, it would probably ruin them but fuck 'em

I'm not arsed about them getting a ban but just being made to play by the rules that they signed up to, that in itself should be enough to level the playing field domestically as well as in Europe, put their finances under strict monitoring for a few years and if there's anything slightly fishy investigate it and if there's any wrong doing kick the scruffy meffs out for a few years

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28587 on: May 16, 2019, 03:58:11 pm »
just.....wow.

Yes indeed. Who can forget the night Mo Salah lobbed a beer bottle at the City bus?

The swine deserves to have fellow professionals sing songs about him getting injured.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28588 on: May 16, 2019, 03:58:14 pm »
just.....wow.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #28589 on: May 16, 2019, 04:02:42 pm »
The reality is, we make other supporters and other clubs insecure.
I think we're so used to who we are as a club, that we forget the perception others have of ourselves.
We are truly the sleeping giants. Any failure on our part will be seized upon and enjoyed and heralded far more than any other club. Thats what comes when you have the sort of history we have. You make new history, you can buy new history,  but you can't make or purchase old history.

On the flip side,  any success we have will resonate more than that of anotherr club bar United. And not just because as supporters, we're fantastic at keeping our history and successes alive in the form of songs and banners et al. But because, Liverpool represent the few clubs that have made an impact in domestic and European football. Might sound grandiose,  but we are part of the elite groups in football. And we've earned that status, a status that takes decades to earn. It's why the sudden rise of Chelsea and City into title contenders seemingly launched a hatred by their supporters of us. Deep down inside, they know. As a club, in terms of stature, heritage, and relevance, and inspite of their successes and our trophy failures, they still can't compete. They're still not a club like us.

So its almost a compliment. Even in their successes, they think of us. Even in our failures, they think of us.
Unfortunately  for them, their biggest fears arose this season. We're back as a threat, and now with a chance to rub their face in it with a European trophy. In our 9th European Final and our 2nd in a row.
The sleeping giant has awoken from the slumber, and no amount of petty songs will make a difference. In fact, it only makes it more the sweeter when we do start lifting trophies.
This just about covers it for me. The first line in particular, but the whole post in general.

Like it or loathe it, but they can't escape the fact that Liverpool FC is in their heads. The Club, it's history, the ridiculous amount of epic victories against all odds, the City itself, its identity etc... All these things and more are carved into the consciousness of so many people in this country. We have carved a place in their brains, and they resent the fact. Any defeat/failure on our part is greeted with joy, though the 'joy' is but a mask that is really only barely hiding their sheer relief.

Only United attract anything similar, yet even they were reduced to sucking off the oil state in the hope they could do what they couldn't do themselves. Even they were in panic mode. The sigh of relief from them after we only just fell short was epic.

It's also worth remembering that even though the media had a love-in with United when they were relevant, they were absolutely detested by pretty much everyone else. Being an 'ABU (Anyone But United) was a thing back then. ABUs were everywhere. I've even seen entire grounds stand up and sing ''Stand Up If You Hate Man U''. Actual grounds, not just the hardcore at one end. Opposition would come to Anfield singing that and trying to get us to join in with them.

Liverpool and United are the only two true giants in the country, and they attract both adoration and also pure, unbridled resentment, fear, bitterness and hatred. Both clubs' victories are celebrated by millions, yet also loathed by millions more. It goes with the territory when you are a giant of the game. I'm sure the likes of Benfica, Ajax, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus etc deal with similar in their own countries. Loved and cherished by millions, but also loathed by millions too. Thing is, you actually have to earn that level of fear and loathing. Only the truly big clubs get it outside of local derbies.

The likes of Liverpool and Man Utd are lodged permanently in the consciousness of the entire country. It's something the likes of Abu Dhabi FC and chelsea will never have because they are not seen as important or relevant enough. Think of Chelsea and all I think of is money laundering and a hoplessly shit fanbase. Think of 'City' and all I see are mercenaries, corruption and meaningless titles. I don't see any pedigree or genuine identity in there. They are just expensive, gaudy wallpaper clubs. 'City' are in the heads of no one, and that tells you all you need to know about them and their true status.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28590 on: May 16, 2019, 04:03:36 pm »
Being out of Champions League for a season - and for the reason of cheating - would be a big blow to them. If it’s really bad and goes all the way to FIFA, it could force the FA to act... Remember what happened to Juventus... It’s going to be interesting.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #28591 on: May 16, 2019, 04:13:21 pm »
Being out of Champions League for a season - and for the reason of cheating - would be a big blow to them. If it’s really bad and goes all the way to FIFA, it could force the FA to act... Remember what happened to Juventus... It’s going to be interesting.
Nothing matters mate as apparently City are going to hire 50 lawyers and fuck UEFA up.

Oh and UEFA will eventually apologise and pay City compensation for damaging their name.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28592 on: May 16, 2019, 04:13:46 pm »
Depends what you count as current fans, don't think they've attracted much in the way of new match going support and I've not seen an influx of people in city shirts coming out of the woodwork round where I live, used to see kids in Chelsea shirts 10-15 years ago and Manchester is a hell of a lot closer than London yet seems to be fuck all in the way of city geg ins, they truly are "not really here"
I actually saw a lad in full Abu Dhabi home kit in Asda Aintree recently.  :o

Although I have to say, I saw more Newcastle and Blackburn shirts around when they were briefly good.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28593 on: May 16, 2019, 04:18:41 pm »
The possibilities are endless..i do hope Uefa have sufficient evidence & right now i do hope the evidence gathered is bad, bad enough for City to be punished severely..so severely that no other club would ever consider shit like this again.
Stripped of any honours won during period of deceit,5 year CL ban & demoted to tier 3 would be a start.
How cool would that be.

As I said to a City fan in work yesterday, go on, justify the new Puma deal, explain how City are worth as much to a shirt manufacturer as United?. How many shirts will they realistically sell,has it really jumped that much from the 325,000 they sold annually from 2011 to 2016? Utd sell 1.7 million and we sell over 800,000 according to the same set of results and there is no way they are suddenly as popular as us.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28594 on: May 16, 2019, 04:20:55 pm »
I actually saw a lad in full Abu Dhabi home kit in Asda Aintree recently.  :o

Although I have to say, I saw more Newcastle and Blackburn shirts around when they were briefly good.

Genuinely, I hardly see any City kits by ours and before Abu Dhabi, you never saw any. At my lads footy, the majority are Utd, then it is LFC, then 1 or 2 City.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #28595 on: May 16, 2019, 04:22:06 pm »
As I said to a City fan in work yesterday, go on, justify the new Puma deal, explain how City are worth as much to a shirt manufacturer as United?. How many shirts will they realistically sell,has it really jumped that much from the 325,000 they sold annually from 2011 to 2016? Utd sell 1.7 million and we sell over 800,000 according to the same set of results and there is no way they are suddenly as popular as us.

What did he say?

Of course they are as popular?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28596 on: May 16, 2019, 04:27:18 pm »
just.....wow.

So, the Abu Dhabi players ''must have been fearing for their lives'' over the bus incident.  :o

Really? You mean the same ADFC players who said themselves that it didn't affect them? De Bruyne actually said that he enjoyed it.

But no, lets go with ''they must have been fearing for their lives'' instead, eh.  ::)

It's also amazing that the bus incident that resulted in nothing more than a bruised ego and a cracked window has seemingly had more coverage and caused more outrage than the Dortmund bus bombing in which the perpetrator was convicted of attempted murder and got 14 years.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28597 on: May 16, 2019, 04:36:24 pm »

Even this metric could be abused if you have endless money. They could setup some scheme where hundreds of thousands of not-real people are buying shirts just to put the numbers up. So they are basically paying/wasting money to allow themselves to spend more money "legally".

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28598 on: May 16, 2019, 04:37:12 pm »
Genuinely, I hardly see any City kits by ours and before Abu Dhabi, you never saw any. At my lads footy, the majority are Utd, then it is LFC, then 1 or 2 City.
That doesn't surprise me. Everywhere you go you will see Liverpool and United tops, but apart from that kid, I can't even recall the last time I saw a 'City' top in this country. Even when I've had the misfortune to travel through Manchester I've seen United tops but no 'City'. When I went to Barbados last November it was all Liverpool, United and, strangely given how racist an entity they are, Chelsea. Maybe the London connection more than anything else? I only saw one ADFC top on a local who was going into a bar to watch them on the big screen.

For anyone to suggest that ADFC could shift anything like the amount of kit the big clubs can shift is delusional. The only way would be for the sheikh to buy a million of them for himself every season. Maybe he could give them to his slaves to wear?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28599 on: May 16, 2019, 04:45:36 pm »

You've not factored Everton fans into the equation.  ;)