Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich  (Read 161730 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Norwich
« Reply #2000 on: September 21, 2015, 06:42:17 pm »
Absolutely not. We should only consider it if we're getting a better replacement.

Exactly. Look right, we had an opportunity to bring in another manager, when I say We I mean the owners but whatever. An opportunity to re-hire the manager of the biggest club on world football as things stand, a chance to hire one of the best managers in Klopp who now looks destined for Bayern. We didn't want either, can you actually imagine who fits FSG profile. It's not a successful manager anyway, that's pretty much a hundred percent confirmed at this point so we'd go for another project with Eddie Howe or someone else of that Ilk.

As long as Brendan keep us in the league long enough for FSG to fuck off they'll be quite happy.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2001 on: September 21, 2015, 06:47:50 pm »
I understand that but you use it as a starting point. The first thing Rafa did when he had a sum of money came he was sign a bloody good goalkeeper, then he went through the rest of the team.

You have to start there and then you get a domino effect of confidence that runs to the back 4 and then the midfield.

God knows we fucked up in other areas too I have written about that also, but I find it very surprising given the style of football we wanted to play at the time, that we signed a goalie who is the complete opposite to how we wanted to play.

And we are still suffering because of it. He doesn't give any confidence to the back 4 and that then ripples throughout the team.

Actually, Rafa started in midfield. Alonso and Garcia. But looking back, it really is strange that we had Reina and decided to go for Mignolet. I remember Reina was going, but it's a strange that we had the style of keeper we want/need and then went for a different style of player.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2002 on: September 21, 2015, 06:48:36 pm »
I'd be interested to see a poll of how RAWKites are feeling, I know it's not in keeping with the mods' usual stance but it would be interesting:

Would you like to see Rodgers removed today, without knowing who would come in to replace him?

It's easy to say you would move him on if you could get Rafa, Klopp, or Ancelotti, but without knowing what would happen,  is it that hopeless for you at the moment that you would pull the trigger regardless?
What's the point of keeping him if we're just going in circles though? I'm convinced he's going to move on at some stage before the end of the season. It shows a reluctance to act that can be considered as a lack of ambition. Personally speaking I just can't put up with his guff anymore either, he's blagging his way to £X0,000 pounds a week at the moment. He should move into politics. Saying we're rebuilding after we were supposed to be hitting the ground running just over a month ago is utter bollocks.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2003 on: September 21, 2015, 06:48:42 pm »
To answer the question, no, as someone else has pointed out we'd end up with Howe or Monk, two managers that admittedly have both done tremendous jobs at their respective clubs, but without the profile to attract players, or the proven temperament or credentials in a high pressure job.

If Rodgers was let go, it could only be for a Klopp.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #2004 on: September 21, 2015, 06:49:00 pm »
Wouldn't trust FSG one bit in finding his replacement, especially with people advising them against certain Bundesliga winners who are currently out of a job and have publicly expressed interest in managing in England.

If it were up to them, they'd hire Garry Monk.

Or 2013-2014 manager of the year Toni Pulis.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Online lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2005 on: September 21, 2015, 06:50:15 pm »
Exactly. Look right, we had an opportunity to bring in another manager, when I say We I mean the owners but whatever. An opportunity to re-hire the manager of the biggest club on world football as things stand, a chance to hire one of the best managers in Klopp who now looks destined for Bayern. We didn't want either, can you actually imagine who fits FSG profile. It's not a successful manager anyway, that's pretty much a hundred percent confirmed at this point so we'd go for another project with Eddie Howe or someone else of that Ilk.

As long as Brendan keep us in the league long enough for FSG to fuck off they'll be quite happy.

I don't think it's willful neglect, it's more likely they misjudged football in thinking they could bring a baseball focused approach to this sport when hiring a manager. They've also been badly advised by some self serving gobshites both in and around this club which has resulted in what we see today. By all accounts you can thank Ayre and Gordon for Rodgers still being here past the summer and for him being given the transfer kitty.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2006 on: September 21, 2015, 06:50:23 pm »
I'd be interested to see a poll of how RAWKites are feeling, I know it's not in keeping with the mods' usual stance but it would be interesting:

Would you like to see Rodgers removed today, without knowing who would come in to replace him?

It's easy to say you would move him on if you could get Rafa, Klopp, or Ancelotti, but without knowing what would happen,  is it that hopeless for you at the moment that you would pull the trigger regardless?

I know a few on here would, and I'm a home defeat away from joining them.
But no, I wouldn't. Yet.

There will come a point though when the players give up on him, and that will be the death knell.

I'd be astounded if FSG aren't making enquiries, even if it would reflect badly on Gordon and Ayre if they jib him off so soon after doling out ~100m pounds.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2007 on: September 21, 2015, 06:50:54 pm »
FSG aren't going anywhere any time soon. Not many would be willing to meet their asking price. They bought us for what, 300 million, plus 150 million on the main stand, clearing out quite a few loans and debts, net spend of 20 million at least each summer... They would've spent/invested approximately 500 to 550 million. Wouldn't sell for anything less than 750 million IMO, and that's being optimistic. Who out there would be willing to pay 750 to buy us, plus spend a few hundred more to bring us up to being regular challengers? Unless anyone here knows a bored billionaire who's a lifelong Red, things are pretty grim
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2008 on: September 21, 2015, 06:51:23 pm »
Or 2013-2014 manager of the year Toni Pulis.
*NOT THAT I'M REMOTELY SUGGESTING HIM*

But at least we wouldn't be a team of gutless shithouses if Pulis was our manager, downside is he'd want half his cloggers from Stoke Rugby club at Liverpool.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2009 on: September 21, 2015, 06:52:45 pm »
*NOT THAT I'M REMOTELY SUGGESTING HIM*

But at least we wouldn't be a team of gutless shithouses if Pulis was our manager, downside is he'd want half his cloggers from Stoke Rugby club at Liverpool.

'At keast he would bring a Stoke style of playeh'

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2010 on: September 21, 2015, 06:53:19 pm »
FSG aren't going anywhere any time soon. Not many would be willing to meet their asking price. They bought us for what, 300 million, plus 150 million on the main stand, clearing out quite a few loans and debts, net spend of 20 million at least each summer... They would've spent/invested approximately 500 to 550 million. Wouldn't sell for anything less than 750 million IMO, and that's being optimistic. Who out there would be willing to pay 750 to buy us, plus spend a few hundred more to bring us up to being regular challengers? Unless anyone here knows a bored billionaire who's a lifelong Red, things are pretty grim

That shouldn't count.
We paid for that.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2011 on: September 21, 2015, 06:53:48 pm »
Actually, Rafa started in midfield. Alonso and Garcia. But looking back, it really is strange that we had Reina and decided to go for Mignolet. I remember Reina was going, but it's a strange that we had the style of keeper we want/need and then went for a different style of player.

Pepe as the anti Mignolet in that pretty much everything aimed at goal was going in but everything else about Reina's game was solid.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2012 on: September 21, 2015, 06:54:36 pm »
That shouldn't count.
We paid for that.

Totally agree. Doubt they'd see it that way though.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #2013 on: September 21, 2015, 06:56:06 pm »
No one is talking about the game, just a lot of speculation about who will fill a job that is not yet vacant.