Author Topic: Away Games  (Read 305770 times)

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
Re: Away Games
« Reply #1760 on: August 8, 2017, 04:30:16 pm »
think spurs are selling tickets pretty cheap at wembley so they can sell it out

Big backlash over their ticket prices for the Juve friendly mean they backed down and reduced prices in an effort to fill the stadium. From what I'm told by Spurs friends and family, they've sold out their ST allocation for Wembley, so don't be surprised if they're full all season.

Annoying re aways but we'd hope to do the same if it was us. If we get an FA Cup draw however then it would be interesting.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1761 on: August 18, 2017, 05:49:18 pm »
Anyone know what City started and finished on last season?

Online Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1762 on: August 18, 2017, 05:59:07 pm »

Think it started on 15 mate and sold out on returns on 12

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #1763 on: August 18, 2017, 06:27:28 pm »
Think it started on 15 mate and sold out on returns on 12
Nice one mate 👍🏻, starting one lower this year then

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #1764 on: August 18, 2017, 10:02:47 pm »

Yes 15 was a guaranteed sale for Man City last season, sold out initially on 13 & then went down to 12 on returns, we're getting 7 more tickets than last season (3005 vs 2009). 

Last season, 15 aways meant a guaranteed sale & announced 14 & 13 initially.  This season it will be 13 aways for a guaranteed sale, with 12-9 aways also announced, 1st come 1st served.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1765 on: September 2, 2017, 07:06:19 pm »
What train is everyone taking to Burnley on the New Years fixture?
Seen us win everything

Online sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #1766 on: September 3, 2017, 11:13:02 am »

Oh lad
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1767 on: September 4, 2017, 03:46:20 am »
Seen us win everything

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1768 on: September 4, 2017, 07:57:59 am »
The TV fixtures have only been announced up until the end of November mate so the date/ko time could still easily be changed for this.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline DaveRED123

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Away tickets
« Reply #1769 on: September 23, 2017, 05:19:52 pm »
Been a season ticket holder for over 30 years now, But find it impossible to get away tickets. Anybody have any idea how i qualify for away tickets? I was told by the club that i needed 3 or more away games to qualify for X fixture, it seems to be a catch 22, any help please?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1770 on: September 23, 2017, 08:08:38 pm »
You have to take your chances when they arise and go to whatever games you can, which might involve a long wait until  we are crap again, like under Hodgson or if Blackburn come back up...
We are a team of one half.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Re: Away tickets
« Reply #1771 on: September 23, 2017, 08:10:19 pm »
Been a season ticket holder for over 30 years now, But find it impossible to get away tickets. Anybody have any idea how i qualify for away tickets? I was told by the club that i needed 3 or more away games to qualify for X fixture, it seems to be a catch 22, any help please?

It's a closed shop mate, home attendance counts for nothing! I don't think it'll ever change

I think personally they should let the odd game go to a ballot or something to give loyal fans a chance at the at least one away

Online redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #1772 on: September 24, 2017, 11:39:59 am »

How have u not got on the ladder tho if u have been going so long? Under RH you could have built it up from near enough 0 to be on about 17 18 or 19 now

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1773 on: September 24, 2017, 01:26:39 pm »
Think I got to 8 after Roy then a few clubs dropped out and away tickets were really expensive and I let it slip.

like someone above said some games they should drop to zero for a limited amount of tickets to give people a chance again.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #1774 on: September 24, 2017, 06:25:30 pm »
If you've been a STH for 30 years you had more than enough chances to get on the ladder when Hodgson was manager, 4/5 games went down to general sale for a couple of seasons and I even remember one game being pay on the gate!

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #1775 on: September 24, 2017, 06:27:52 pm »
Think I got to 8 after Roy then a few clubs dropped out and away tickets were really expensive and I let it slip.

like someone above said some games they should drop to zero for a limited amount of tickets to give people a chance again.
Why should they? Why should people who go every week and have spent thousands building up credits over the years miss out? People over a certain age can't complain as they've had more than enough chances in the past...

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1776 on: September 24, 2017, 06:31:26 pm »
He might have just started to want to go to away games to be fair

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #1777 on: September 24, 2017, 06:46:36 pm »
He might have just started to want to go to away games to be fair
Again, so people who have been going for years as a way of life have to miss out because Joe Bloggs thinks the atmosphere sounds good on tv and has decided he wants to go a game! I feel for people below a certain age because they've never had the chance, I'd be all for setting aside a percentage of tickets to say 17-21 year olds and let them build up credits like that!

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #1778 on: September 24, 2017, 06:48:26 pm »
Even if the club did open up aways to people with home loyalty and they were lucky enough to get 3 or 4 aways a season it would be pointless as they would be straight off the ladder the season after.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #1779 on: September 24, 2017, 06:55:00 pm »
How have u not got on the ladder tho if u have been going so long? Under RH you could have built it up from near enough 0 to be on about 17 18 or 19 now

Yep , I went from 0 to 5 under good old Roy, let it slip because I would have had to seriously credit hunt to keep at the same level , I can't get to as many aways as I'd like and can generally pick up spares with contacts and sometimes on here
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1780 on: September 24, 2017, 07:16:00 pm »
Again, so people who have been going for years as a way of life have to miss out because Joe Bloggs thinks the atmosphere sounds good on tv and has decided he wants to go a game! I feel for people below a certain age because they've never had the chance, I'd be all for setting aside a percentage of tickets to say 17-21 year olds and let them build up credits like that!

Calm down, I'm literally one of those people in terms of age you're taking about there (I'm 25, was a skint student during the hodge years and would've got on the ladder had I had disposable income) he just seems completely unaware of the system and therefore the  sacrifices people have to make, don't be so quick to jump down his throat. If he is aware and is trying to jump the queue cos he's a seasie then that's a different story, but I didn't get that vibe from his post.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1781 on: September 24, 2017, 07:50:15 pm »
All that rhetoric would be great if a large proportion of the tickets that do go on sale didn't get immediately sold onto others. I'll take spares often and essentially that means I jump the queue of people who might be on lower credits who miss out, so I'm just as much to blame for accepting them but I'll admit it at least. It's all a big farce really. Demand clearly outstrips supply for Premier League games for sure and even the current system despite all it's merits about loyalty isn't perfect and is abused on a weekly basis (same for home games).

Although if people were totally honest about going to games, that lad would have had a shot at Leicester Away in the cup where the large majority would have gone in on a spare on someone elses card- there were loads of them floating around, everyone I know who wanted to go was sorted- only two of them on their season ticket. Even the league game went very close to dropping to all members/seasies, that also could have dropped if spares exchanged were removed and it just dropped down the list to be bought by people on their own cards as the system is supposed to work.

I don't doubt there are people who go to every game (or 85% plus etc) who should totally be rewarded for their continued financial and emotional investment in travelling to support the team but the system used ultimately will encourage people to buy and sell on if they can't attend (even if the tickets do go to sound reds or good mates)- which actively prevents new people from getting the chance to go on their own card. Then you also have loads in the middle who suffer the worst of both. May have to accept spares for a game they want to go to as they aren't 100% sure it will drop to the number of credits that they have and then when they get the chance to buy if it drops to their credit level, will be forced to sell one of their tickets- and so it continues down the ladder. As it's much easier to just grab one on your card and move it on and know you've got the credit for it, than it is to say 'I'm not attending and can't make it and therefore I shall not buy'- this happens loads.

Afterall, how do you know how many games someone goes to that aren't recorded? Don't get any credit for those. But it's the same trips at the end of the day. But it is fitting that when we talk of the away system as a 'ladder' there are some who are happy as long as it is kicked away. I've only missed one league cup away game in the last five years. On my card? 0.

Edit: I'm happy enough accepting that whoevers card was used to buy my ticket will be more likely to get the final if we make it as that is the trade off for getting to go and see the reds away and to enjoy myself which I more than appreciate and understand everytime I make the trade. Also I clearly contribute to the problem as well as I'm a willing buyer, who if I didn't might have them looking to move it on elsewhere (although with demand I doubt they'd have an issue). But let's not act like everyone with full credits goes to every game because they clearly don't- and if we cut out selling spares, there might be more available for people with zero credits to access once or twice a season. So I'd have no issue with ways being looked at to allow some new blood onto the ladder personally.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:17:53 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #1782 on: September 24, 2017, 08:55:32 pm »
All that rhetoric would be great if a large proportion of the tickets that do go on sale didn't get immediately sold onto others. I'll take spares often and essentially that means I jump the queue of people who might be on lower credits who miss out, so I'm just as much to blame for accepting them but I'll admit it at least. It's all a big farce really. Demand clearly outstrips supply for Premier League games for sure and even the current system despite all it's merits about loyalty isn't perfect and is abused on a weekly basis (same for home games).

Although if people were totally honest about going to games, that lad would have had a shot at Leicester Away in the cup where the large majority would have gone in on a spare on someone elses card- there were loads of them floating around, everyone I know who wanted to go was sorted- only two of them on their season ticket. Even the league game went very close to dropping to all members/seasies, that also could have dropped if spares exchanged were removed and it just dropped down the list to be bought by people on their own cards as the system is supposed to work.

I don't doubt there are people who go to every game (or 85% plus etc) who should totally be rewarded for their continued financial and emotional investment in travelling to support the team but the system used ultimately will encourage people to buy and sell on if they can't attend (even if the tickets do go to sound reds or good mates)- which actively prevents new people from getting the chance to go on their own card. Then you also have loads in the middle who suffer the worst of both. May have to accept spares for a game they want to go to as they aren't 100% sure it will drop to the number of credits that they have and then when they get the chance to buy if it drops to their credit level, will be forced to sell one of their tickets- and so it continues down the ladder. As it's much easier to just grab one on your card and move it on and know you've got the credit for it, than it is to say 'I'm not attending and can't make it and therefore I shall not buy'- this happens loads.

Afterall, how do you know how many games someone goes to that aren't recorded? Don't get any credit for those. But it's the same trips at the end of the day. But it is fitting that when we talk of the away system as a 'ladder' there are some who are happy as long as it is kicked away. I've only missed one league cup away game in the last five years. On my card? 0.

Edit: I'm happy enough accepting that whoevers card was used to buy my ticket will be more likely to get the final if we make it as that is the trade off for getting to go and see the reds away and to enjoy myself which I more than appreciate and understand everytime I make the trade. Also I clearly contribute to the problem as well as I'm a willing buyer, who if I didn't might have them looking to move it on elsewhere (although with demand I doubt they'd have an issue). But let's not act like everyone with full credits goes to every game because they clearly don't- and if we cut out selling spares, there might be more available for people with zero credits to access once or twice a season. So I'd have no issue with ways being looked at to allow some new blood onto the ladder personally.
Your missing my point entirely, I don't disagree with a lot of what your saying. My point is people have had more than enough opportunities in the last 10 years to get on the ladder in the league and cups on their OWN card, no point moaning about it now if you've missed the boat!

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1783 on: September 24, 2017, 10:07:52 pm »
One day there will be another boat. Just might not be any time soon.

I thought that away tkts being passed on was something they were going to look at but no sign yet. (Not saying it is easy)

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1784 on: September 24, 2017, 10:09:47 pm »
If they said how many were given to sponsors and corporates it would be a start.  And then how many on each rung of the ladder...? But that might be a bit too transparent given how many first-timers you see at aways. Guy in front of me yesterday didn't even know how to scan his tkt to get in ::)

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1785 on: September 24, 2017, 10:16:06 pm »
If they said how many were given to sponsors and corporates it would be a start.  And then how many on each rung of the ladder...? But that might be a bit too transparent given how many first-timers you see at aways. Guy in front of me yesterday didn't even know how to scan his tkt to get in ::)
Good point that, spares is a problem but it’s the only way a lot of reds can get to aways. Whereas Thomas cook etc are the bigger problem. The whole system is bollocks

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1786 on: September 24, 2017, 11:54:29 pm »
 In theory TC don't get aways (the club says)  :-\ :-X

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #1787 on: September 25, 2017, 07:12:22 am »
Corporate and sponsors get 10% of any away crowd so the club tell us and Thomas Cook don't get any.

Does anyone have evidence this isn't the truth?

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1788 on: September 25, 2017, 08:10:22 am »
The maths that people have worked out the last few seasons would suggest otherwise I think. They seem to get more for the "big games" but it could be a perception thing, hence why transparency would help.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #1789 on: September 25, 2017, 10:03:30 am »
One day there will be another boat. Just might not be any time soon.

I thought that away tkts being passed on was something they were going to look at but no sign yet. (Not saying it is easy)

Think the only way anything changes if they start applying a rule which only gives the credit if the buyer attends the game. No idea how they'd do that of course, but in this day and age there must be a way.

The more urgent need for me is to sort out how so many tickets end up in the hands of touting sites - I always struggle to see how this is difficult for the club to sort. Surely it would only need a quick sweep of the sites, buy up the tickets and start cancelling memberships of people selling them?

But I won't hold my breath on either scenario, will just keep waiting on that next boat  ;D

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #1790 on: September 25, 2017, 12:54:47 pm »
Surely it would only need a quick sweep of the sites, buy up the tickets and start cancelling memberships of people selling them?

THIS. If the club REALLY want to do something about touting, look at these tickets that are going on these sites - rather than trying to find which supporters are passing tickets on to their mates.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #1791 on: September 25, 2017, 01:32:40 pm »
There is a guy on facebook who gets tickets off other's who qualify and pays them above face value and sells them on way above face value example last weeks £10 Leicester tickets he was selling for £90! he even posted a pic of the wad of 20-25 tickets he had for Newcastle next weekend... that's more the problem.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1792 on: September 25, 2017, 01:44:34 pm »

Haha I saw that the other day as well, baffling.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1793 on: September 25, 2017, 01:45:58 pm »
Yeah penalising people passing on away tickets at profit would be a start. I don't think anyone is that up in arms about spares being sold at face value to people who go often and their own networks. But if a lad has 25 for Newcastle and is selling on at ridiculous prices that should be looked at.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1794 on: September 25, 2017, 01:50:54 pm »
There is a guy on facebook who gets tickets off other's who qualify and pays them above face value and sells them on way above face value example last weeks £10 Leicester tickets he was selling for £90! he even posted a pic of the wad of 20-25 tickets he had for Newcastle next weekend... that's more the problem.

Should report the c*nt to the club

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1795 on: September 25, 2017, 09:35:20 pm »
The way its setup anyone with the required credits for an away game is never not going to buy a ticket even if they know there is no chance they will be attending a particular game the away tickets are just too precious to even contemplate not buying.I know if i had 19 credits i would have 19 credits every season year on year unless they eventually changed the selling criteria.
Kenny Godglish

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #1796 on: September 25, 2017, 10:58:48 pm »
Should report the c*nt to the club

They supposedly have a role dealing specifically with touting, not sure how much difference it's made
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline bono1712

• Kopite
  • "Shankly is our hero he showed us how to play"
« Reply #1797 on: September 27, 2017, 10:59:24 am »
The way its setup anyone with the required credits for an away game is never not going to buy a ticket even if they know there is no chance they will be attending a particular game the away tickets are just too precious to even contemplate not buying.I know if i had 19 credits i would have 19 credits every season year on year unless they eventually changed the selling criteria.
My mates a STH with 19 an forgot Newcastle...hes sick as fuck...I know he'll be on 18 but teams like Bournemouth make it harder... Blackburn, Bolton an Wigan have taken the ladder away
@bono1712

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1798 on: September 27, 2017, 11:07:05 am »
My mates a STH with 19 an forgot Newcastle...hes sick as fuck...I know he'll be on 18 but teams like Bournemouth make it harder... Blackburn, Bolton an Wigan have taken the ladder away

If you're stuck on 18 Bournemouth is the real bugger holding you back right now. Wish they'd fuck off to be honest!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #1799 on: September 27, 2017, 12:02:52 pm »
been like that for 3 years now. qpr cutting allocation stopped me getting 19 first and since its been bournemouth