Poll

Who wins each match? Max_powers v Drinks Sangria / Chakan v fucking appalled / Adz LFC v PoetryInMotion / Lastrador v Hazell

Max_powers vs
9 (11.8%)
Drinks Sangria
8 (10.5%)
Chakan vs
10 (13.2%)
fucking appalled
10 (13.2%)
Adz LFC vs
14 (18.4%)
PoetryInMotion
6 (7.9%)
Lastrador vs
9 (11.8%)
Hazell
10 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: October 17, 2021, 08:32:21 pm

Author Topic: Ultimate Multi Club Draft - Round of 16 (Matches 1-4)  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
Re: Ultimate Multi Club Draft - Round of 16 (Matches 1-4)
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2021, 04:22:41 pm »
I didn't mean to put down your team mate, but it has Deco and Socrates as CMs. That's not being silky, it simply won't work in a real football game. On top of this, you have your FBs as the only providers of width, who will be going up and at times being caught upfield as well. I have two all-time great wingers and two world class full-backs, the four of them will eat your wide areas. You're asking Cambiasso to do 4 men's job. Just that, my team was more balanced, had players in their positions, had goalscorers, crossers, playmakers, passers, defensively solid players and all and yet, the voting was completely disproportionate.

If it was an isolated scenario, I wouldn't have mentioned. It's just that teams aren't voted on quality and balance, but based on some favorite player picks who are popular in the draft circle and some teams who are expansive even if the balance is not right. If it's an all-time draft, trying out different players should not be frowned upon.

I'm not giving up drafting, but I feel I need a break from this. My last three drafts have been voted disproportionately, so either I need to revisit my drafting ways or the voting needs to be revisited. Either way, a break will do good.

I know you’re a bit miffed, but you make it seem as if I’ve put goalkeepers in outfield positions ;D

I agreed with you earlier and acknowledged that I’ve gone for more attack minded players in certain areas, but I think you’re doing my side a disservice overall and acting as if I’ve rocked up with Accrington Stanley. I’ve already spoken about the full backs, but let’s take somebody like Deco for example. During the 06/07 Spanish league campaign, he featured in nearly half of the games as a CM! You think you’ll win the battle out wide, but I’d argue you won’t get time on the ball in midfield and that your wide players will have to spend more time running back towards their own goal! Ronaldo and Weah, with Zico in behind, would have an absolute field day running at that back line.

At the end of the day I’m only responsible for 1 vote against your team in our match (surprise!) so I can’t give the definitive answer you’re searching for… although you do seem to have some vocal support in this thread :wave
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2021, 04:28:30 pm »

There's one for you too.

What he said ^

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2021, 07:59:14 pm »
Come on number 21, we need you.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2021, 09:20:44 pm »
Come on number 21, we need you.

Unlucky mate, really liked your team and thought you'd win.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2021, 09:33:53 pm »
Chakan v fucking appalled pelanties!

Dalglish (Chakan) steps up first... goes right and scores (1-0)

Maradona (appalled) chips it down the middle and we're all square (1-1)

Müller (Chakan) hits it down the middle but straight into the hands of Preud'homme (1-1)

Desailly (appalled) smashes it into the top right hand corner (1-2)

Cubillas (Chakan) tries a panenka down the middle but again Preud'homme stands tall (1-2)

Recoba (appalled) sits Pfaff down and calmly rolls it to the bottom right hand corner (1-3)

Zanetti (Chakan) puts it in hard and low to the left (2-3)

Falcão (appalled) now with a chance to win it... hammers it down the middle, past a diving Pfaff, and it's all over! (2-4)

fucking appalled wins 4-2 in the shootout!
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2021, 10:03:23 pm »
Good game well done

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2021, 10:04:58 pm »
Unlucky mate, really liked your team and thought you'd win.
Cheers mate, your team is great too. If I wasn’t involved in the match I wouldn’t know how to call it. Good luck with that creep Nick.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2021, 10:30:52 pm »
The anti Lastrador bias is apparent. The voting patterns are suspect. I expect a Trend's eulogy of my current team and past teams to get me over the line. Ta

Just so everyone knows --- I voted Chakan in this match.   Two things can be true - at the same time lads.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2021, 12:02:34 am »
Cheers mate, your team is great too. If I wasn’t involved in the match I wouldn’t know how to call it. Good luck with that creep Nick.

Wish I’d voted for you now after the drubbing that twat’s giving me in the Quarters. At least I’d have beaten you.  :D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2021, 01:14:05 am »
Wish I’d voted for you now after the drubbing that twat’s giving me in the Quarters. At least I’d have beaten you.  :D
Let that be a lesson for you Nicholas. Vote against me, get shafted on the next round.