Author Topic: The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”  (Read 314935 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”
« Reply #7640 on: December 6, 2021, 07:45:59 pm »
I don't care about one race. that's why I mentioned the 20odd.

But if he wins it by a handful of points, which is entirely possible, then that one race is instrumental.

I get what you're saying, and prob agree in the grand scheme of things, and certainly wouldn't begrudge him becoming the Champion but there would be a bit of a * with it for me.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #7641 on: December 6, 2021, 07:48:10 pm »
For me the biggest farce this season was Spa. No driver should have been awarded any points for the shit show. The only reason they even went on track was to shaft the spectators.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #7642 on: December 6, 2021, 07:48:28 pm »
But if he wins it by a handful of points, which is entirely possible, then that one race is instrumental.

I get what you're saying, and prob agree in the grand scheme of things, and certainly wouldn't begrudge him becoming the Champion but there would be a bit of a * with it for me.

over the course of a 24 race calendar or whatever it is you can point at numerous one-off instances of things happening or not happening as the case might be.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #7643 on: December 6, 2021, 07:50:13 pm »

The 12.5pts he got for three laps behind the safety car in Spa would be more painful.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Robbie-not-Fowler

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7644 on: December 6, 2021, 11:04:15 pm »
The 12.5pts he got for three laps behind the safety car in Spa would be more painful.

Absolutely. A driver born and brought up in Belgium, with a Belgian mother, is awarded 5 pts more that his bitter rival in a non-race in Belgium.

You can imagine the fury there would be from the anti-Hamilton brigade if the situation was reversed and Lewis had been awarded 5 more points than Verstappen in a non-race at the British G.P.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7645 on: December 7, 2021, 05:37:28 am »

Absolutely. A driver born and brought up in Belgium, with a Belgian mother, is awarded 5 pts more that his bitter rival in a non-race in Belgium.

You can imagine the fury there would be from the anti-Hamilton brigade if the situation was reversed and Lewis had been awarded 5 more points than Verstappen in a non-race at the British G.P.

Firstly, I think that you'll find that there was pretty much universal agreement on here that the situation was farcial regardless of driver support. Second, nationality has fuck all to do with it. By declaring it a race it meant that the fans were not entitled to refunds. It was about money, pure and simple and not nationalism.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2021, 05:40:50 am by Darren G »

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7646 on: December 7, 2021, 06:10:57 am »
Firstly, I think that you'll find that there was pretty much universal agreement on here that the situation was farcial regardless of driver support. Second, nationality has fuck all to do with it. By declaring it a race it meant that the fans were not entitled to refunds. It was about money, pure and simple and not nationalism.
Totally agree here, this had nothing to do with Max and it being Belgium. It was about money and that's all. To suggest otherwise is proper tin foil hat territory.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #7647 on: December 7, 2021, 07:02:28 am »
To suggest otherwise is proper tin foil hat territory.

there's been loads of that over the past few weeks.......

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #7648 on: December 7, 2021, 07:26:16 am »
Interesting article here on the sprint races for next season. Headline for the piece relates to the six proposed circuits but also some content about cost cap/budget issues and the possibility of awarding points to the top 10, rather than the current top 3. Article was published on Saturday so apologies if it's been posted already and I missed it in the midst of the last few days.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/revealed-the-six-venues-where-f1-plans-sprint-races-in-2022/6850004/
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #7649 on: December 7, 2021, 09:10:08 am »
For me the biggest farce this season was Spa. No driver should have been awarded any points for the shit show. The only reason they even went on track was to shaft the spectators.
Agreed 100%. Masi did that.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7650 on: December 7, 2021, 09:12:17 am »
Agreed 100%. Masi did that.

Masi needs to be binned off. He's been awful.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #7651 on: December 7, 2021, 09:13:56 am »
Well he definitely makes fans suspicious.

Offline Robbie-not-Fowler

• Main Stander
« Reply #7652 on: December 7, 2021, 02:31:15 pm »

I'm not arguing about the financial aspects of this utterly ridiculous decision, I was speculating on the attitude of GP fans from outside the UK to this farce, which would no doubt be influenced to some degree by which driver they support.

It would be interesting to hear the views of Belgian & Dutch aficionados (who in the main seem very pro-Verstappen from what I've seen and read) on what transpired at Spa.

Just for the record I really want LH to win that record 8th GP Championship (....and what's more it's my birthday today, so happy birthday to me!).  :-)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7653 on: December 7, 2021, 02:32:50 pm »
One thing everyone agress with is the Spa grand prix was a total joke and should have just been called off and fans refunded.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7654 on: December 7, 2021, 02:33:57 pm »

I'm not arguing about the financial aspects of this utterly ridiculous decision, I was speculating on the attitude of GP fans from outside the UK to this farce, which would no doubt be influenced to some degree by which driver they support.

It would be interesting to hear the views of Belgian & Dutch aficionados (who in the main seem very pro-Verstappen from what I've seen and read) on what transpired at Spa.

Just for the record I really want LH to win that record 8th GP Championship (....and what's more it's my birthday today, so happy birthday to me!).  :-)

Happy birthday!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7655 on: December 7, 2021, 03:04:54 pm »
I remember when Montoya came in everyone loved the aggression, the forceful move on schumacher in brazil 01 and the forceful defence in austria 01

I dont think he was anywhere near as bad as verstappen though?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7656 on: December 7, 2021, 04:13:46 pm »
Happy Birthday Robbie Not Fowler.

I remember when Montoya came in everyone loved the aggression, the forceful move on schumacher in brazil 01 and the forceful defence in austria 01

I dont think he was anywhere near as bad as verstappen though?
Everyone loves aggressive drivers and the sport would be poorer without them, but the difference is that Max has become a bit unhinged. For him it's I'm going to do what I want and if I crash into you that's your fault for not yielding.

The blame I think it's entirely on RB and it's management, no one has pulled him up on it and told him to calm it down. Instead they're feeding into this victim mentality and it's become really ugly now. Marko and Verstappen snr have been making personal remarks about Hamilton and it's not on.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7657 on: December 7, 2021, 04:26:56 pm »
Everyone loves aggressive drivers and the sport would be poorer without them, but the difference is that Max has become a bit unhinged. For him it's I'm going to do what I want and if I crash into you that's your fault for not yielding.

The blame I think it's entirely on RB and it's management, no one has pulled him up on it and told him to calm it down. Instead they're feeding into this victim mentality and it's become really ugly now. Marko and Verstappen snr have been making personal remarks about Hamilton and it's not on.
Who cares what Max's scumbag dad thinks? It is not hard to see why Max feels a sense of entitlement.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7658 on: December 7, 2021, 04:33:06 pm »
Did anyone watch the C4 highlight package?  Coulthard's massively cradling some Verstappen/Horner balls all the way through.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7659 on: December 7, 2021, 05:56:17 pm »
I’m sure he still does show events for Red Bull Racing

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7660 on: December 7, 2021, 06:49:21 pm »
Jos isn't a scum bag.   He's just emotionally invested.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7661 on: December 7, 2021, 06:50:57 pm »
Jos isn't a scum bag.   He's just emotionally invested.

You taken a look at his run ins with the law?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7662 on: December 7, 2021, 06:54:14 pm »
You taken a look at his run ins with the law?
oh

my

goodness....

Ive just googled it... he's had quite a time since he quit F1 hasn't he?

He might actually be a scum bag in hindsight!
« Last Edit: December 7, 2021, 07:07:21 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #7663 on: December 7, 2021, 07:01:37 pm »
to avoid doubt:

After a 1998 incident at a karting track in which a man suffered a fractured skull, Verstappen and his father were found guilty in court of assault but were each given a five-year suspended jail sentence after reaching an out-of-court settlement with the victim.[34]

In December 2008, with the couple effectively separated, Verstappen appeared in court in Tongeren, Belgium, charged with assaulting his wife.[35] He was found not guilty of assault, but guilty of threatening Kumpen in text messages and of violating a previously issued restraining order. He was fined and sentenced to three months probational, suspended prison sentence.[36]

On 29 November 2011, the media reported allegations that Verstappen had assaulted his ex-girlfriend; Verstappen claimed to only have had a discussion with her.[37] In January 2012, he was arrested on attempted murder charges following accusations that he drove a car into his ex-girlfriend in Roermond,[38] but released two weeks later after the charge was withdrawn.[39] Verstappen and his ex-girlfriend, Kelly van der Waal, got back together and were married in 2014. They have one daughter, Blue Jaye, born in September 2014.[40] They divorced on 2 June 2017.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7664 on: December 7, 2021, 07:01:46 pm »
Who cares what Max's scumbag dad thinks? It is not hard to see why Max feels a sense of entitlement.
No one should care what that POS thinks but it's yet more nonsense that gets pushed in the media about Lewis. Jos Verstappen should be persona non grata but is allowed to spout his bullshit for people to lap up.

Hopefully off the track Max is nothing like his father but on the track he's a danger no doubt. 

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7665 on: December 8, 2021, 01:06:09 pm »
Kingspan sponsorship deal with Mercedes has been mutually 'discontinued with immediate effect'.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7666 on: December 8, 2021, 04:41:57 pm »

yep agree with you both. Max is only making me like Lewis more

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7667 on: December 8, 2021, 06:54:54 pm »
This is a really interesting video on the Verstappen/ Hamilton crash using the race telemetry.
https://youtu.be/YZmBcQz457Q

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7668 on: December 8, 2021, 08:09:32 pm »
oh

my

goodness....

Max started karting at 4 years old, so by the time he was racing at 7 (minimum age), he was way ahead of the other kids so it was too easy for him. His dad decided to instruct him to not overtake where it was easy but to overtake at unconventional parts of the track. He even stopped him overtaking on straights at some races if it was too easy.

No wonder he drives the way he does, but he’s been like that for years so it’s down to the F1 bosses to rein him in surely?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7669 on: December 9, 2021, 12:02:27 am »
he's been a right tit but he'll deserve it if he wins the championship over the 20odd races.

Depends how he gets enough points in the last race, he wouldn't deserve it if he takes himself and Hamilton out and he basically wins due to the farcical rained-off race.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7670 on: December 9, 2021, 08:49:00 am »
Channel 4 done a deal with SKY and will air this weekends race live on Free to air TV

Channel 4 will have the pre and post race coverage but will show SKY's feed for the actual race with Croft and Brundle on commentary
« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 08:50:55 am by gazzalfc »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #7671 on: December 9, 2021, 08:54:26 am »
Channel 4 done a deal with SKY and will air this weekends race live on Free to air TV

Channel 4 will have the pre and post race coverage but will show SKY's feed for the actual race with Croft and Brundle on commentary
That great, get to watch it for free AND don't have to listen to Coulthard.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7672 on: December 9, 2021, 09:05:39 am »
Depends how he gets enough points in the last race, he wouldn't deserve it if he takes himself and Hamilton out and he basically wins due to the farcical rained-off race.

He's spent the week watching videos of Senna from Japan 1990 and Schumacher from Australia in 94
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7673 on: December 9, 2021, 09:15:18 am »
oh

my

goodness....

There is no might about it, the guy is a bad, bad man.

Max seemed to be slightly more well adjusted, thank god.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7674 on: December 9, 2021, 10:28:46 am »
 I see Jos Verstappen running his mouth again having no respect for Lewis.

But then again he seems like no one should really have respect for Jos reading this (the "Controversy" part):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Verstappen

No wonder Max can't control his temper.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #7675 on: December 9, 2021, 10:33:59 am »
I see Jos Verstappen running his mouth again having no respect for Lewis.

But then again he seems like no one should really have respect for Jos reading this (the "Controversy" part):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Verstappen

No wonder Max can't control his temper.

What's he said (rather than posting that same link/text again... ;D)?

Jos Verstappen admits Lewis Hamilton respect limited to exploits as a driver

Jos Verstappen admits he respects Lewis Hamilton but hinted that starts and ends with the Mercedes driver’s exploits on the track.

The father of Max Verstappen has been seen emotionally reacting throughout races this season as his son takes the Red Bull to the brink of an F1 title.

But Hamilton, who has pulled level in pursuit of a record-breaking eighth world title, has no relationship with Verstappen senior beyond the track.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/formula1/lewis-hamilton-max-verstappen-f1-jos-b1971192.html
« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 10:36:58 am by jackh@xmas »

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7676 on: December 9, 2021, 10:36:28 am »
This is a really interesting video on the Verstappen/ Hamilton crash using the race telemetry.
https://youtu.be/YZmBcQz457Q

Simple rule changes that make sense to me at least:

1. No tyre change under a reg flag unless for a safety reason
2. No overtaking immediately after letting a driver back past, 3 corners was suggested and would be fair.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7677 on: December 9, 2021, 10:36:57 am »
I'm sure Lewis Hamilton will be losing sleep that he doesn't have the respect of an 'alleged' repeated woman beater. And as an F1 driver someone who got fewer points in his entire career than Lewis did this week.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7678 on: December 9, 2021, 11:36:26 am »
I'm sure Lewis Hamilton will be losing sleep that he doesn't have the respect of an 'alleged' repeated woman beater. And as an F1 driver someone who got fewer points in his entire career than Lewis did this week.
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Id love Hamilton to mention that, as well as how he had more podiums in the first 3 races of his career than verstappen had his whole career

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7679 on: December 9, 2021, 12:42:33 pm »
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Id love Hamilton to mention that, as well as how he had more podiums in the first 3 races of his career than verstappen had his whole career

While wearing this

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA