Author Topic: Those chants  (Read 182948 times)

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
Re: Those chants
« Reply #2080 on: April 7, 2024, 09:42:44 pm »
A poster on here blamed us singing that,  for antagonising the vermin and them singing that.
This is not true. People suggested our fans knock the Fergie song on the head because it's lame and more trouble than it's worth. And it's exactly what United want to hear. Very different from blaming.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2081 on: April 7, 2024, 09:55:19 pm »
A poster on here blamed us singing that,  for antagonising the vermin and them singing that.

Not being funny but the poster you have mentioned was a very active Hillsborough campaigner and is coming at it from the point of view that a significant proportion of the crowd are Hillsborough survivors and we should avoid anything that reinforces the hurt.

We get very little from the Fergie chant but Hillsborough families and survivors get hurt by the ripostes.

It isn't about blame it is about causing our supporters the least hurt possible. I am not sure about whether it is right or not but I can understand the reasoning behind it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2082 on: April 7, 2024, 09:58:12 pm »
I’ve seen a few United fans online boasting that they didn’t respond en masse as usual to the Fergies Right chant, like that’s something to be proud of.

It does make you cringe when we sing it though, it should just be a lighthearted pisstake of their atmosphere but it’s been spoiled by a horrendous retort, so best chucked in the bin unfortunately

Online butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2083 on: April 8, 2024, 09:25:15 am »
Didn’t sound as bad as the cup game on telly, which is something I suppose. Is it just me that felt, without the usual bile, they don’t really have anything to sing? The atmosphere was pretty flat at times. All that said, the loudest chants of the game were YSB and sign on.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2084 on: April 8, 2024, 10:54:56 am »
Didn’t sound as bad as the cup game on telly, which is something I suppose. Is it just me that felt, without the usual bile, they don’t really have anything to sing? The atmosphere was pretty flat at times. All that said, the loudest chants of the game were YSB and sign on.

To be fair to Manchester United, with that many Tories in their fanbase, they are always going to sing songs that their Lords and Masters would approve of.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2085 on: April 8, 2024, 06:42:57 pm »

No one was blaming anyone, just pointing out that it prompts them with a response, and it’s not a good enough song to sing considering the response it usually gets. I’d rather not sing about UTD, I’d rather treat them like they are irrelevant and not worth a thought, let alone a song. I fully understand the point of view that we shouldn’t have to worry, but you can’t deny that it prompts it and they absolutely love responding to it and they can’t wait to hear it, because it gives them (they feel) another reason to tragedy chant.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2086 on: April 16, 2024, 11:40:18 am »
I see another clown was arrested for tragedy chanting. This one at the Palace match.

Stuart Rutter (40) of Blue Cedar Drive, Streetly. Take a bow, you utter moron.  :wanker

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/suspect-named-after-alleged-tragedy-29003506
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2087 on: Yesterday at 04:02:48 pm »
The Manc filmed making crushing and wall pushing gestures at the Old Trafford FA Cup match has just received a three year banning order and a £1,205 fine.

Michael Avery (45) of Cranham Road, Manchester, take a bow and feel thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/manchester-united-fan-who-admitted-29038581
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2088 on: Yesterday at 08:29:17 pm »
The Manc filmed making crushing and wall pushing gestures at the Old Trafford FA Cup match has just received a three year banning order and a £1,205 fine.

Michael Avery (45) of Cranham Road, Manchester, take a bow and feel thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/manchester-united-fan-who-admitted-29038581

That’s Anthony Taylor country I think.

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2089 on: Yesterday at 10:41:51 pm »
I see another clown was arrested for tragedy chanting. This one at the Palace match.

Stuart Rutter (40) of Blue Cedar Drive, Streetly. Take a bow, you utter moron.  :wanker

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/suspect-named-after-alleged-tragedy-29003506
Hardly the poker player?

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #2090 on: Today at 01:38:28 am »

Forty fucking five!

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #2091 on: Today at 01:55:10 am »

"I hope other people look on what’s happened to me and think twice before they do anything at football games."

How about not doing it anywhere. Ever.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate