The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

It's a conspiraceh

(1/94) > >>

Andy @ Allerton!:
Not sure if we should be talking about these now in the News Thread?

More and more on my News/Facebook/Twitter feeds I'm seeing rafts of Conspiracy theories about. Well. Everything.

I actually think this has been engineered (You can speculate who by) via the 'Fake News' cries and the way in which Media, Politiicians and Corporations actively spread disinformation regularly.

It has now become the norm for people to say they have 'done research' and then admitting this is actually just reading some Twitter link or Facebook link or other source where some nutjob is banging on about all sorts of shite.

I was arguing with people, but it's so widespread and so common that I rarely bother any more. It's like everyone has got their own sets of facts.

I started seeing it with some Labour left-leaning friends I have basically calling you a cretin if you 'believe' anything at all from 'MSM' - like every single report is wrong in every single way.

I'd actually say that's just as tin-hat and stupid as the Anti-Vaxxers. If you can't turn on a TV or read a paper or go to a website with factual interviews without thinking that every single thing in the entire world is a massive conspiracy then I think you have problems.

TepidT2O:
The Salisbury one was the one that got me...

Quite astonishing that people actually tried to wriggle their way out of it being the Russians.

thejbs:
I constantly have to look out for my in-laws. They’re smart, educated people but have a habit of getting fooled by stuff that pops up on their social media. Much of it is presented so it appears like it’s a genuine reputable source. They also don’t see through photoshoppery.  On the other end of the scale, my own parents have no social media in their lives so never regurgitate any conspiracy nonsense.

surfer. Fuck you generator.:

--- Quote from: thejbs on August 13, 2020, 08:12:24 am ---I constantly have to look out for my in-laws. They’re smart, educated people but have a habit of getting fooled by stuff that pops up on their social media. Much of it is presented so it appears like it’s a genuine reputable source. They also don’t see through photoshoppery.  On the other end of the scale, my own parents have no social media in their lives so never regurgitate any conspiracy nonsense.

--- End quote ---

Textbook case of 0 > - 1.

It's better to not learn something at all rather than learn it haphazardly.  With the latter,  when you actually want to learn it properly there is a load of defective memories / patterns to first unlearn.

AndyMuller:
Social media has a lot to answer for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version