Author Topic: COVID19: reddebs's Random Acts Of Kindness & Global Good News Care Stories (*)  (Read 19798 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Fan Denial keeping us sane.  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OZ1yhIq6BzQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OZ1yhIq6BzQ</a>
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 07:28:50 pm by 24/50 geek! »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Fan Denial keeping us sane.  8)
Okay that one stays in ;D (but I'll edit the flash tag to make it bigger)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Okay that one stays in ;D (but I'll edit the flash tag to make it bigger)

Thanks!  Wasn't sure if funny videos were allowed!

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks!  Wasn't sure if funny videos were allowed!
It contains scenes of people WFH and caring for their pets :wave

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
It contains scenes of people WFH and caring for their pets :wave

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.  The line is so blurred right now I'm not always sure the best thread to post stuff like that.  :thumbup

Popcorn's Art

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
For anyone interested in volunteering to help the NHS:

https://www.goodsamapp.org/home
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Posted elsewhere but reposting here because it's James Milner and he always raises spirits...

https://twitter.com/JamesMilner/status/1242544721710497794

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Aww [emoji173][emoji173]

A message from Paul…

“The Coronavirus pandemic should remind everyone, and let no-one forget, that our National Health Service is the most brilliant and significant institution in our lives. The men and women who serve us and care for us, give us hope and sacrifice their own wellbeing, can never be thanked enough. We are just musicians, so there is little we can do but sing for you. By way of appreciation, we announce the following gig for all frontline NHS staff. From the porters, the cleaners and the drivers, to the doctors and the nurses; thank you.”

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott have announced a free concert for all NHS frontline and auxiliary staff to take place at the 9000 capacity Nottingham Motorpoint Arena on Tuesday 13th October 2020.

Those eligible for tickets will be all NHS frontline staff that work within NHS hospitals across the United Kingdom including, but not limited to, doctors, nurses, support workers, porters and cleaners. Any staff that work within the hospital will be eligible to apply for tickets.

Ticket applications must only be made by the NHS member of staff who must bring their valid NHS or Primary Care Trust I.D card to the show, as ticket checks will be in operation. All tickets will carry the name of the person who made the booking and this must match the name that is on the NHS or Primary Care Trust I.D card (original format, no photocopies) or admission will be refused.

Tickets will be limited to 2 per person and will be available from Tuesday 31st March at 7pm. Further details to follow.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Wonderful stuff. Brilliant. An example to set for those with vast amounts of money. Actually made me cry over my cereal.

‘The Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has donated €1m towards providing medical equipment for the fight against the coronavirus in his home country Spain’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/24/pep-guardiola-makes-1m-donation-to-aid-spains-fight-against-coronavirus

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Brighton and Bournemouth are giving away 1000 tickets to future matches for NHS staff. Let us hope they win some games when football returns and get rewarded.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bundesliga players are donating loads of cash to charities and other organisations helping with the crisis.

The article is in the sport thread if you want to read it fully.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Bundesliga players are donating loads of cash to charities and other organisations helping with the crisis.

The article is in the sport thread if you want to read it fully.

Haha sorry there's about 20 coronavirus threads in here

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Haha sorry there's about 20 coronavirus threads in here
Haha it's fine wherever mate we're all reading all of them and theres plenty of crossover stuff.

I'm just grateful so much good stuff is happening.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Haha it's fine wherever mate we're all reading all of them and theres plenty of crossover stuff.

I'm just grateful so much good stuff is happening.

Me too. I find myself chronically welling up at the smallest little positive thing at the moment.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If this doesn't choke you fuckall will..

https://twitter.com/Liddellpool/status/1242607649948160003?s=20
I saw that yesterday mate but couldn't post it so thank you for sharing.

It's a choker alright but perfectly apt [emoji26]

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone know any NHS staff who need this help.  Please pass it on.  The guy who's made the offer is Kenny Davies.

Whilst I can’t work I want to try and make a difference.  I have  4 houses that are HMO registered and all with 6 bedrooms within a mile of the Royal Hospital that I am handing over free to any NHS staff that can make use of them.  Also there are parking permits for each house.

If you can all share please?

There are student nurses and doctors that are working for free to save our lives and some being forced to give up their tenancies. This is not right and houses shouldn’t be lying empty.

https://www.facebook.com/100000433445265/posts/3193941653963585/

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Former Newcastle United captain Bob Moncur is to telephone elderly football fans to help combat loneliness as people avoid face-to-face contact amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Moncur and members of the club's staff will ring about 1,900 season ticket holders who are aged 70 and above.
It is hoped the calls will "keep morale up".

The government is ordering people to stay at home except in certain instances and avoid gatherings.

"It's very important for people to keep in touch and this is a great way to check supporters are keeping safe and happy," said Moncur, who played for the club between 1962-74.
"I'm not sure young supporters will remember most of my stories anyway, but older fans usually do and they have their own perspective from the stands."

The scheme will be an extension of the club's Memory Cafe, which sees lonely or isolated people meet monthly at its St James' Park ground to chat.
People over 70 or from other vulnerable groups and cafe participants who have previously given the club permission to contact them will be prioritised, it said.

Newcastle United's managing director, Lee Charnley, said: "We've seen just how much of a positive impact the Memory Cafe has had on some of our older supporters over the last year and the phone calls allow us to continue to reach them and to alleviate isolation and loneliness at a time when it's needed most."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-52049410

Now that's a nice touch.  :thumbup

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Former Newcastle United captain Bob Moncur is to telephone elderly football fans to help combat loneliness as people avoid face-to-face contact amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Moncur and members of the club's staff will ring about 1,900 season ticket holders who are aged 70 and above.
It is hoped the calls will "keep morale up".

The government is ordering people to stay at home except in certain instances and avoid gatherings.

"It's very important for people to keep in touch and this is a great way to check supporters are keeping safe and happy," said Moncur, who played for the club between 1962-74.
"I'm not sure young supporters will remember most of my stories anyway, but older fans usually do and they have their own perspective from the stands."

The scheme will be an extension of the club's Memory Cafe, which sees lonely or isolated people meet monthly at its St James' Park ground to chat.
People over 70 or from other vulnerable groups and cafe participants who have previously given the club permission to contact them will be prioritised, it said.

Newcastle United's managing director, Lee Charnley, said: "We've seen just how much of a positive impact the Memory Cafe has had on some of our older supporters over the last year and the phone calls allow us to continue to reach them and to alleviate isolation and loneliness at a time when it's needed most."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-52049410

Now that's a nice touch.  [emoji106]
It was on bbc news this morning all the Everton players and big Dunc and Anchelotti were phoning fans too.

It's a brilliant idea and such a pick me up for those fans self isolating or lonely.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Bundesliga top four make 20m euro cash pledge to other German clubs

The four Bundesliga clubs in this season's Champions League have pledged 20m euros (£18.3m) to support fellow German teams during the coronavirus.

Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen will forego their share of the national media revenue and donate the remainder from their own funds.

The German Football League (DFL) will decide how the money will be distributed.

"We want to send a signal of solidarity to all clubs in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2," Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said.

The last Bundesliga fixture was played on 11 March and football in Germany's top divisions was suspended with immediate effect on 13 March because of Covid-19.

Former West Germany striker Rummenigge added: "In these difficult times, it's important that the stronger shoulders support the weaker shoulders. With this, we also want to show that football is standing together right now."

Dortmund chief executive officer Hans-Joachim Watzke said: "We have always said that we would show solidarity if clubs, through no fault of their own, should run into difficulties that they can no longer overcome themselves.

"Borussia Dortmund is currently having a major impact on society through a wide range of initiatives. And naturally we are prepared to help out other professional football clubs if it is ultimately a matter of cushioning the financial effects of the pandemic."

Christian Seifert, a spokesman for the DFL executive committee said: "The initiative shows that solidarity is more than just lip service in the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2."

Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski and his wife Anna have contributed one million euros (£923,900) to fight the virus, team-mates Leon Goretzka and Joshua Kimmich set up a fund called We Kick Corona and contributed one million euros between them, while Manchester City's German winger Leroy Sane has also made a considerable financial donation.

On Wednesday, players and directors at Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund agreed to take temporary pay cuts.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52052650

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Thanne! :thumbup

Much more thanne a neighbour ;)

That’s whanne good neighbours, become gooooood friends.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've mentioned these guys a few times, including the request in the help thread about people with 3D printers to help out with PPE for the NHS.

Anyway they've started production today using the printers they use for their charity manufacturing aids for limb different kids.

Check out the work here

https://www.limbbofoundation.co.uk

Busy day / week ahead!

3D printing / constructing opensource protective facemasks as requested by Local NHS services [emoji173][emoji111]

#doingourbit

#prusaprinting

https://www.facebook.com/100005269865223/posts/1413727468812902/

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 12:10:44 pm by reddebs »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fabulous [emoji106]

Decathlon has blocked the sale of its snorkeling full face masks on the web to be donated all of them to the Spanish Hospitals.

An engineering team has developed and successfully tested a 3D printed adapter to turn a snorkeling mask into a non-invasive ventilator for COVID-19 patients.

As hospitals face an overload of Covid-19 patients struggling to breathe, innovative medical staff are turning to snorkel masks from sports stores to stop their lungs collapsing.

The idea started in Italy, the European country worst-hit by the coronavirus pandemic, with hospitals in other nations taking note and adding their own specific medical parts to make it work.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And another one.

Any care homes or other services need any face masks...they are not surgical but I'm told any help...I'm a seamstress and have lots of fabric and industrial machines..free of charge.

https://www.facebook.com/1235732694/posts/10222528661345371/

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Fabulous

Decathlon has blocked the sale of its snorkeling full face masks on the web to be donated all of them to the Spanish Hospitals.

An engineering team has developed and successfully tested a 3D printed adapter to turn a snorkeling mask into a non-invasive ventilator for COVID-19 patients.

As hospitals face an overload of Covid-19 patients struggling to breathe, innovative medical staff are turning to snorkel masks from sports stores to stop their lungs collapsing.

The idea started in Italy, the European country worst-hit by the coronavirus pandemic, with hospitals in other nations taking note and adding their own specific medical parts to make it work.

Decathlon is a global partner for World Cleanup Day - they really 'get' the wider message - this is great to see and I'll pass it on to our Press Team for an honourable mention on our Partners' page :thumbup

Got a link to the story?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Decathlon is a global partner for World Cleanup Day - they really 'get' the wider message - this is great to see and I'll pass it on to our Press Team for an honourable mention on our Partners' page [emoji106]

Got a link to the story?
Wow how fantastic!

I've only got this off Facebook mate

https://www.facebook.com/1601811216/posts/10220406861353899/

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline grrth1314

• Main Stander

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Went to a big greengrocer near a hospital and arranged fruit basket deliveries 3x per day to the staff.
Kill the humourless

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
Went to a big greengrocer near a hospital and arranged fruit basket deliveries 3x per day to the staff.

That's bloody fantastic mate.  :thumbup

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's a fantastic and very generous gesture mate [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One of my colleagues has just posted this on our group chat after asking if any of us have pre payment gas and electric meters.

Awww I rang ares up today and they topped are meters up 180 quid each to last us 12 week no repayment xx

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
^ wow. Some great gestures on here. Thanks to all.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
@AlderHey
·
21h

We’re so grateful to the
@LFC
 player who has made a donation to the
@AlderHeyCharity
 COVID-19 appeal for £25,000! The player wishes to remain anonymous, but on behalf of all of our staff, patients and their families, thank you

https://alderheycharity.org/donate-today/
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The AA has launched a free breakdown service for NHS workers for the duration of the coronavirus crisis.

Starting today (April 2), any NHS staff member who breaks down on their way to or from work can call for AA assistance – even if they’re not an AA member.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/motors/2020/04/02/aa-launches-free-breakdown-service-for-nhs-workers/

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Just arranged 2 fruit baskets a day to another greengrocer's local police Precinct.

Gotta keep the cops healthy.
Kill the humourless

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-52133766

Coronavirus: Paramedic 'emotional' as stranger buys food shop
A "humbled and emotional" paramedic has thanked a stranger who paid for his shopping and customers who applauded him at a supermarket.

People queuing outside Lidl in Cromer, Norfolk, made way for David Tillyer - who had just finished a night shift - "with applause and thank-yous".

He said a woman who "ran up and swiped her card" as he went to pay told him: "Not much you can do to stop me".

His thank-you on Facebook has been shared 78,000 times.

"I am humbled and a bit emotional," wrote Mr Hillyer, who works for the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAS)

"Thank you to the lady that did that and thank you to all the shoppers that made me feel special after a tough run of shifts #NHSandProud #stayhome #covidkindness."

Speaking to the BBC, he said he had just finished a 12-hour shift and was about to join the end of the queue waiting for Lidl to open when the young couple in front of him let him go ahead.

"About two-thirds of the way through the queue someone said 'let's give him a round of applause', and people started clapping and saying thank you.

"It was really heart-warming to know that people out there really respect what we do and are grateful to everyone on the frontline of the NHS for what we're doing at the moment."

He praised the "amazing, kind gesture" from the woman who ran to the till to pay for his shopping.

David Tillyer on Wednesday
"I am humbled and a little bit emotional. I finished my night shift this morning and joined the line of shoppers waiting to enter Lidl in Cromer. One by one they all let me ahead of them followed by a round of applause and thank yous. Once I’d done my round of shopping inside, a lady I’d been chatting to in the queue ran up and swiped her card on the reader to pay for my shopping. I tried to say “that’s kind but you musn’t” but she said with a smile “Not much you can do to stop me now”. Thank you to the lady that did that and thank you to all the shoppers that made me feel special after a tough run of shifts. #NHSandProud #stayhome #covidkindness"

"When he gets these acts of kindness - and there have been so many recently - and it really makes us feel appreciated."

EEAS said it was "extremely appreciative of the fantastic public support" shown to NHS workers.

"Our staff and volunteers are working around the clock to ensure the public are safe and cared for, so it is particularly heartening to see this widespread recognition of our collective efforts."

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
A colleague at work knows people who work at hospitals. She asked what to do to help out. Answer? Bring things like bananas, soft drinks, candy etc. I know sports clubs have emptied their inventory of snacks and given it to hospitals. I think the real heroes along these lines were the pizza guys who turned up with their contribution.

”We give food, there's not much more we can do”.
https://www.aftonbladet.se/svenskahjaltar/a/e8LKPg/skankte-pizza--mottes-av-vardpersonal-i-tarar

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My friends fabulous charity [emoji3059]

LimbBo Foundation UK

As some of you know we were asked by a few different organisations from GP Surgeries to post offices if we could assist with protective visors. These frontline workers are face to face with the general public on a daily basis and like all of us, want to limit the spread of Covid-19.

Armed with a open source design from the amazing folks over at Prusa Research 3D printers we got to work over the past week.

These designs combine 3d printing with laser cut PETG sheets....the latter we knew nothing about. Up stepped MawBespoke who generously helped to obtain and cut these sheets for us [emoji173] We couldn't have done this without the unbelievable help from Luke [emoji122]

Also a big shout to Mackenzie Lake who despite being a young teenager has used his mad 3d printing skills to help us create more of these [emoji41]

We hope by the end of the week to have 150 of these facemasks created and sent out to frontline workers with the intent to make more if we can source more materials.

Yes we are a charity for limb different children but I think you will agree that those who can help should and we really hope this makes a difference!

All in this together [emoji123]🦾

Stay safe

Team LimbBo [emoji111]

https://www.facebook.com/186623028641149/posts/574283529875095/

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If you are in need of a little time out to help re-focus your mind and help your body relax, distant reiki is available every day at 6pm.

Please visit my group www.facebook.com/groups/DistantReikiLove where you will find today's post for you to join in [emoji120][emoji3590]