Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2790668 times)

Offline Alan574

• Main Stander
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Faro Financial Fairplayers
« Reply #19200 on: December 13, 2021, 09:40:10 am »
How the hell is Sterling in line for sports personality of the year?  Sticky out arse and runs like a girl usually losing the ball when he tries to take on a player. Apart from not being English, what does Mo have to do?

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Faro Financial Fairplayers
« Reply #19201 on: December 13, 2021, 09:43:20 am »
How the hell is Sterling in line for sports personality of the year?  Sticky out arse and runs like a girl usually losing the ball when he tries to take on a player. Apart from not being English, what does Mo have to do?

They have an overseas award don't they?

Honestly don't care though. It's a weird dance the BBC do every year.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #19202 on: December 13, 2021, 09:49:21 am »
They have an overseas award don't they?

Honestly don't care though. It's a weird dance the BBC do every year.

And that tennis girl is going to win at a canter anyway.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19203 on: December 13, 2021, 10:06:49 am »

Yeah. Bit odd that Hamilton isn’t listed and I always find a reason to vote for someone else normally. One more lap and surely he’d have been in this list.

But yeah, Raducanu will walk it.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19204 on: December 13, 2021, 10:17:38 am »

Yeah.  'Emma' will win easily.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19205 on: December 13, 2021, 10:21:53 am »
Yeah. Bit odd that Hamilton isn’t listed and I always find a reason to vote for someone else normally. One more lap and surely he’d have been in this list.

But yeah, Raducanu will walk it.

Hamilton wasn't winning even if he would have won yesterday. The British don't like him.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19206 on: December 13, 2021, 10:30:31 am »
Hamilton wasn't winning even if he would have won yesterday. The British don't like him.

I know quite a few people that dislike him.

He makes me laugh when he speaks about big societal issues - the guy is a tax dodger.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19207 on: December 13, 2021, 10:32:24 am »

He normally makes the short list.

I don’t like the sport rather than him. But had he won a record number of titles this year he’s rightly have been one of the favourites I’d have thought.

More so than Sterling anyway!

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #19208 on: December 13, 2021, 10:33:54 am »
Anyone got some tin foil?

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/ref-watch.349618/page-373#post-14398723

Bound to happen the moment we didn't win a game by 3 goals, the insanity will ramp up through to the end of the season when Stats Man Gaz will come out of the woodwork.
:D

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19209 on: December 13, 2021, 10:43:28 am »
Bound to happen the moment we didn't win a game by 3 goals, the insanity will ramp up through to the end of the season when Stats Man Gaz will come out of the woodwork.
That post was unhinged.

This part was a bit surreal: "We see in the United games that they were given free reign against us, particularly in the first half, whilst they were punished at every opportunity in the Liverpool game.".  The same United game against us where United were lucky to not have three reds cards and where Klopp had us playing 30 minutes of safe keep-ball to avoid any of our players getting seriously injured??

The difference in ratio of fouls to yellow cards is probably because Man City games are played at a lower tempo than ours and very rarely become stretched.  The opportunities for players to put in "big tackles" or the cynical shirt pulls is a lot less when the match is played like a game of chess.

Remind me never to go that forum again!!

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19210 on: December 13, 2021, 10:48:43 am »
The replies are great "copyright this"

They are honestly insane.

You can show anything with stats. 78% of people know that.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #19211 on: December 13, 2021, 10:59:32 am »

He won it last year. And in 2014.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Achilles Heel

• Son of Thetis and Peleus, King of the Myrmidons. Possibly a hick from the Styx.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #19212 on: December 13, 2021, 11:13:16 am »
He normally makes the short list.

I don’t like the sport rather than him. But had he won a record number of titles this year he’s rightly have been one of the favourites I’d have thought.

More so than Sterling anyway!

Hamilton won SPOTY last year for equalling the record so maybe a bit much to win it again even if he had won yesterday :)

Sterling in there for one reason only as probably the best England player in the Euros as England reach a major final for the first time since 1966. His form otherwise in 2021 has not been the best.
Footballers tend to do well when all the focus is on them during a summer and the narrative continues.
Examples:

1966 Bobby Moore 1st
1990 Paul Gascoigne 1st
1998 Michael Owen 1st
2002 Beckham 2nd
2018  Kane 3rd

Remember Jordan Henderson came 2nd last year as well  ;)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19213 on: December 13, 2021, 11:14:20 am »
Should have won it. :D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19214 on: December 13, 2021, 11:17:16 am »
Hamilton won SPOTY last year for equalling the record so maybe a bit much to win it again even if he had won yesterday :)

Sterling in there for one reason only as probably the best England player in the Euros as England reach a major final for the first time since 1966. His form otherwise in 2021 has not been the best.
Footballers tend to do well when all the focus is on them during a summer and the narrative continues.
Examples:

1966 Bobby Moore 1st
1990 Paul Gascoigne 1st
1998 Michael Owen 1st
2002 Beckham 2nd
2018  Kane 3rd

Remember Jordan Henderson came 2nd last year as well  ;)

At least Hendo has a personality.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #19215 on: December 13, 2021, 11:21:41 am »
Special breed that lot.

Someone shared their outrage on bluemoon about an article on the Echo website making some half arsed connection between the poor lad from Birmingham who's step mum and dad failed him so miserably and how he'd once said something about wanting to play for us.

It's beyond shameful from Reach media and something we've come to expect from them. Shoe horn in Liverpool FC into any story.

But why are the angry at us? Unless they think the club put the story out?

There's a wider thing about all football clubs using tragedies to tell us how wonderful they are.

It's not limited to any club and leaves a very unpleasant taste in the mouth

The poor lad said it himself to his uncle in a video. "I want to play for Liverpool and Spurs". RIP Authur.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19216 on: December 13, 2021, 12:24:23 pm »
I see that City are out in front in terms of income from ‘fans’ buying crypto tokens. You got to hand it to them, they’re creative and tireless when it comes to circumventing the rules.
Well the Ruler of Abu Dhabi is technically a fan, he wears his MDCR gear all the time.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #19217 on: December 13, 2021, 02:33:30 pm »
Well the Ruler of Abu Dhabi is technically a fan, he wears his MDCR gear all the time.
While ordering his slaves to build him a bigger phallic building?
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19218 on: December 13, 2021, 06:29:37 pm »
Sporting will not be a pushover as people think, just saying..

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19219 on: December 13, 2021, 07:09:35 pm »
Sporting will not be a pushover as people think, just saying..
Have you watched them regularly?
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19220 on: December 13, 2021, 08:35:23 pm »
Have you watched them regularly?
Yes as i follow turkish football and followed their 4 matches as they were in Beşiktaş' group. Not saying they will necessarily win but they do have a chance. They conceded only 5 goals in the league in 14 matches, they managed to finish above Dortmund in CL. They are much tougher opponent for them than Villareal would be.

They are capable of getting a 1-0 at home and fingers crossed they do that.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19221 on: December 13, 2021, 09:07:53 pm »
One thing I only realised/remembered the other day - Seb Coates is at Sporting now.
He's the Captain, and actually won the league's player of the season for 20/21.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19222 on: December 13, 2021, 09:33:26 pm »
One thing I only realised/remembered the other day - Seb Coates is at Sporting now.
He's the Captain, and actually won the league's player of the season for 20/21.

Overhead kick incoming?
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19223 on: December 14, 2021, 04:10:18 am »
Yes as i follow turkish football and followed their 4 matches as they were in Beşiktaş' group. Not saying they will necessarily win but they do have a chance. They conceded only 5 goals in the league in 14 matches, they managed to finish above Dortmund in CL. They are much tougher opponent for them than Villareal would be.

They are capable of getting a 1-0 at home and fingers crossed they do that.
Cheers. I don't have much hope for them purely based on the huge gap between Portuguese and English clubs right now Hopefully like you say they can be a tough opponent. If they're defensively sound at least it could be a contest.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #19224 on: December 14, 2021, 08:58:21 pm »
52,613 vs Wolves apparently.. ;D

Wonder what tonight's crypto attendance will be..

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19225 on: December 14, 2021, 09:00:07 pm »
Are they not Leeds fans? :D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #19226 on: December 14, 2021, 09:46:51 pm »
That’s their goal difference fixed… and the game ain’t over yet
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19227 on: December 14, 2021, 11:10:54 pm »
I really can't see them dropping any points except when they play us.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19228 on: December 15, 2021, 12:20:40 am »

An XG of 2 tonight, this is City in a nutshell. They'll smasj teams 5, 6 or 7 nil and will drop points somewhere along the line at home. They won a game you would expect them to win tonight against a team in patchy form and decimated by injuries.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19229 on: December 15, 2021, 02:14:44 am »
They drew with Soton and lost to Palace at home. Did you expect them to drop points in those two games?

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19230 on: December 15, 2021, 02:21:45 am »
They also shouldn't have gotten anything from their game the weekend either except the softest penalty you were ever likely to see until United needed one later in the day.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19231 on: December 15, 2021, 03:26:04 am »
Anyone see the dramatics on Sky Sports News regarding them playing in an empty stadium tonight? "THIS is what awaits Manchester City tonight" and cut to a super wide shot of the empty stadium. As if Man City didn't just win a league and reach a Champions League final under those circumstances over the course of a full season.

Watching any of their programming, like watching most main stream media, makes you feel like you're taking crazy pills.

An empty stadium cannot strike fear into those whose home ground is the Emptyhad.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19232 on: December 15, 2021, 06:01:55 am »
They drew with Soton and lost to Palace at home. Did you expect them to drop points in those two games?

That was few months back. In the last 10 games or so in the league, i think they have all wins. This is reminding me of that 18/19 season.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19233 on: December 15, 2021, 06:40:09 am »
That was few months back. In the last 10 games or so in the league, i think they have all wins. This is reminding me of that 18/19 season.

I'll be willing to bet that both ourselves and City will drop much more points this season than 18/19. I think I read it's 7 games they have won in a row in the league. This City team is very good, but it isn't the same City team from a couple of years back.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19234 on: December 15, 2021, 07:00:45 am »
I'll be willing to bet that both ourselves and City will drop much more points this season than 18/19. I think I read it's 7 games they have won in a row in the league. This City team is very good, but it isn't the same City team from a couple of years back.
When teams play a low block and hit them on the counter then city do struggle at times and they will definitely lose more points. They could obviously improve by flexing their financial muscle state funds in January.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #19235 on: December 15, 2021, 07:09:50 am »
This is the part of the season they will always have the advantage in. They can change 7/8 players and still have the same quality in the team with ease.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19236 on: December 15, 2021, 07:16:01 am »

They will though. They’ve looked like this in previous seasons then, for example, lose away to Newcastle, lose away to Norwich, lose at Wolves.
They struggled to put away 10 men Wolves at the weekend.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19237 on: December 15, 2021, 08:18:02 am »
An XG of 2 tonight, this is City in a nutshell. They'll smasj teams 5, 6 or 7 nil and will drop points somewhere along the line at home. They won a game you would expect them to win tonight against a team in patchy form and decimated by injuries.

Exactly this. Last night was their annual hammering of a willing team of whipping boys. They’ll probably go and lose at Newcastle at the weekend now - they’ll have 90% possession and 32 shots, but Newcastle will win it 1-0 with their only shot on target in the whole game.

Seriously though, I think deano2727 is right - it won’t quite be a repeat of 18/19, but us and Chelsea will need to need to sustain a very high level right to the end to stop City running away with it. Fortunately, I think we’re good enough to do that. But we’re still not even halfway through the season, so a lot could still change. Will De Bruyne be able to stay fit through to May?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19238 on: December 15, 2021, 08:27:12 am »
Exactly this. Last night was their annual hammering of a willing team of whipping boys. They’ll probably go and lose at Newcastle at the weekend now - they’ll have 90% possession and 32 shots, but Newcastle will win it 1-0 with their only shot on target in the whole game.

Seriously though, I think deano2727 is right - it won’t quite be a repeat of 18/19, but us and Chelsea will need to need to sustain a very high level right to the end to stop City running away with it. Fortunately, I think we’re good enough to do that. But we’re still not even halfway through the season, so a lot could still change. Will De Bruyne be able to stay fit through to May?

To be fair to City I don't think De Bruyne has ever been essential to them. He has been in and out the team a lot these past few seasons and never really suffered and there is a question as to whether they even need him right now.

Even in the 18/19 season he missed loads of that season and they still clocked 98 points. Silva has really picked up the workload really.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19239 on: December 15, 2021, 08:39:50 am »
To be fair to City I don't think De Bruyne has ever been essential to them. He has been in and out the team a lot these past few seasons and never really suffered and there is a question as to whether they even need him right now.

Even in the 18/19 season he missed loads of that season and they still clocked 98 points. Silva has really picked up the workload really.

Sure. Silva is an absolute c*** of a player but he’s probably replaced De Bruyne as the engine room of their team.

The thing about De Bruyne is that he’s one of those players who can unlock packed defences, which is why he’s good in the kind of games where they struggle to break through. Although Foden also seems to be pretty good at that too, to be fair.