The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE

(1/14187) > >>

rodderzzz:
(Hinesy:)
this thread is for opinions and the usual rational expertise'd debate on the subject. There is a separate thread for up to date info. thanks.

Looks like we don't have a thread on this yet and as its no an official WHO health emergency and all the British Evacuees will be quarantined just across the water I thought it was worth it.

Looks like this might end up getting worse than SARS given the reaction from around the world, interested couple of months ahead as the race for a vaccine is on.

Unfortunately I have to do 4 international airports next week, so not looking forward to that.

GreatEx:
Good luck to you! For once I'm pleased that my young family makes international travel unthinkable for the next few years, and that my suburb is the least ethnically diverse in the western hemisphere.

rodderzzz:

--- Quote from: GreatEx on January 31, 2020, 03:04:30 am ---Good luck to you! For once I'm pleased that my young family makes international travel unthinkable for the next few years, and that my suburb is the least ethnically diverse in the western hemisphere.

--- End quote ---

I now live in Vancouver which has one of the largest Chinese communities outside of China. My mum and dad still live back home and have just moved to Upton about five minutes away from the hospital the quarantines will be at 🤦🏻‍♂️

west_london_red:
The positive is that the death rate so far at least is very low, and hopefully it fizzles out like previous outbreaks like SARS and Swine flu.

But in the longer run, the Chinese and the world need to do something to look at why these outbreaks keep on starting in China and what can be done to prevent them. Any country can be unfortunate in being the starting point for an outbreak, but when it keeps on happening in the same country the causes and preventative actions need to be taken.

Kashinoda:

--- Quote from: west_london_red on January 31, 2020, 04:42:44 am ---The positive is that the death rate so far at least is very low, and hopefully it fizzles out like previous outbreaks like SARS and Swine flu.

But in the longer run, the Chinese and the world need to do something to look at why these outbreaks keep on starting in China and what can be done to prevent them. Any country can be unfortunate in being the starting point for an outbreak, but when it keeps on happening in the same country the causes and preventative actions need to be taken.

--- End quote ---

It's lower than SARS but it's not very low. It also has a longer incubation period and will inevitably spread to a lot more people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version