Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3261919 times)

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
Re: United - Get Interim - The Rangnik Years... (well, Months maybe)
« Reply #27240 on: November 25, 2021, 11:45:01 pm »
By all I am hearing they are bringing in a top expert for his plan, does this mean the 'united' way is officially dead now I wonder.
of course not numbnuts the united way has just changed now so its a german guy. it used to be a scottish guy and before that the united way was a chesire guy
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27241 on: November 26, 2021, 12:39:04 am »
of course not numbnuts the united way has just changed now so its a german guy. it used to be a scottish guy and before that the united way was a chesire guy

Exactly, pal. The United Way is sacking managers.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27242 on: November 26, 2021, 01:20:06 am »
I believe this is the same guy who managed Schalk when they were battered by the Mancs in the 2010/2011 UCL semi final, in which was one of the most spineless semi final displays i've witnessed.

Not worried at all.
For some reason I have no memory of that whatsoever, Schalke was is the semi? It was around 2010 after all when a lot of us were hibernating
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 01:21:42 am by semit5 »

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #27243 on: November 26, 2021, 01:27:43 am »
it's a good appointment long term (he's openly stated he's not really interested in being a manager these days) IF they listen to him over there

being a consultant is 'one vote', that's it, their board is shite from a football perspective it all comes down to how much power and say they allow him to have and if they buy into RR re-structuring their club from top down

with that lot i can see the tagged on two year consultancy being just the honey to get him to take on the interim post - he turned them down on monday (presumably the upstairs move was the sticking point) - will be interesting to see how all this plays out once the season is over
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27244 on: November 26, 2021, 01:34:52 am »
Gets job

Does really well - huge surge, unbeaten run, does well in CL

Gets permanent contract

Puts feet up and it all turns to shit
Are we back to talking about Oleh again?  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27245 on: November 26, 2021, 01:36:29 am »
Saw some manc on twitter say that we have the pupil and they have the sensei.  :lmao

I think they're smoking some sensei over there.

:duh

I love the fact that they just never learn.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #27246 on: November 26, 2021, 01:51:16 am »
So lemme get this right,  Rolf is the Pre-interim short term consultant dof manager/coach in charge of cultural restoration continuity and footballing basics foundational work, inside a click positive commercially oriented social network framework featuring a multi layered sponsorship grid aimed at driving shareholder value in a sustainable and progressive dividend friendly manner?

Must have been a hell of a powerpoint slide show.

Off the charts. Bullet points all over the place, in various colours. Impressive.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - 2018-21: Good Night Sweet Prince
« Reply #27247 on: November 26, 2021, 01:51:23 am »
None of their frontline or midfield bar Sancho is ready for Gegenpressing.  Cristiano will ask for a transfer ASAP. ;D

Somebody claimed that they had realised their plan and it related to a connection with a managerial target, more likely he's there to try and clear the decks of some of the bigger mistakes like Ronaldo so the new guy doesn't have to take any flak from their idiot fans for making an obviously necessary move.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27248 on: November 26, 2021, 02:15:35 am »
The laziest team in the league appointing a manager (even if only interim) known for gegenpressing, this should be fun.

They'll end up playing the way we played under Rodgers with Balotelli, and you can mark my words
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Re: United - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - 2018-21: Good Night Sweet Prince
« Reply #27249 on: November 26, 2021, 02:34:30 am »
Imagine Maguire having to play in a really high back line  ;D ;D
And De Gea will be not move off that goal line also. It a huge mismatch of what the coach will want and the players.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27250 on: November 26, 2021, 02:52:01 am »
Imagine Maguire having to play in a really high back line  ;D ;D

And De Gea will be not move off that goal line also. It a huge mismatch of what the coach will want and the players.

Could end up with Carrick's second stint as Interim before the end of the season  ;D

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27251 on: November 26, 2021, 03:29:11 am »
Rag Saviour.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27252 on: November 26, 2021, 04:22:15 am »
It’s a step towards having an actual plan and some structure at the club.

I can see why 6months as manager makes sense. This season already looks like a write off, top managers probably aren't available until the summer and it’s a bigger job than just getting a new manager in. So let Ralf come in, see what’s what, ready to get stuff done in the summer.

The 2 year consultancy part is odd though. You need him running things as DOF, and for longer than 2 years given where they’re at. Instead it sounds like he’ll be passing on handy hints and advice to Darren Fletcher for him to mull over, and trying to convince the board that they need actual footballers rather than human emojis.

Unless Utd think it’s too soon to sack another “club legend” and Fletcher will be gone in the summer with Ralf taking over as DOF. That could work.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27253 on: November 26, 2021, 04:39:44 am »
Rangnick would be fantastic at United if they had seven or eight different first team players.  What the fuck is he supposed to do with Ronaldo ?  What sort of defensive line does he employ with Maguire ?

He'll get the best out of Sancho and Rashford but half that squad will be at odds with him.

It'll be interesting but it'll take ages, longer than they'll give him.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27254 on: November 26, 2021, 04:51:18 am »
Saw some manc on twitter say that we have the pupil and they have the sensei.  :lmao

I think they're smoking some sensei over there.
Darth Vader cuts down Obi-wan … they should remember that
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27255 on: November 26, 2021, 04:56:59 am »
In all seriousness though … interesting move and it will be interesting to see how things will pan out. They’re probably hoping for a Tuchel-type of turnaround. Chelsea finished fourth behind a depleted Liverpool. The Champions League was a big fluke
coitus will occur

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27256 on: November 26, 2021, 07:03:42 am »

I can see why 6months as manager makes sense. This season already looks like a write off, top managers probably aren't available until the summer and it’s a bigger job than just getting a new manager in. So let Ralf come in, see what’s what, ready to get stuff done in the summer.

The 2 year consultancy part is odd though. You need him running things as DOF, and for longer than 2 years given where they’re at. Instead it sounds like he’ll be passing on handy hints and advice to Darren Fletcher for him to mull over, and trying to convince the board that they need actual footballers rather than human emojis.

Unless Utd think it’s too soon to sack another “club legend” and Fletcher will be gone in the summer with Ralf taking over as DOF. That could work.

Human emojis, my god that’s brilliant.

Accurate too!
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27257 on: November 26, 2021, 08:00:02 am »
So lemme get this right,  Rolf is the Pre-interim short term consultant dof manager/coach in charge of cultural restoration continuity and footballing basics foundational work, inside a click positive commercially oriented social network framework featuring a multi layered sponsorship grid aimed at driving shareholder value in a sustainable and progressive dividend friendly manner?

Must have been a hell of a powerpoint slide show.

:D

The kind of stuff that makes men follow you into battle.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #27258 on: November 26, 2021, 08:02:20 am »
Someone on the Football Ramble made a really good point I think in regards to Ten Haag, who most United fans now seem to want and expect in the Summer.

Basically saying that, despite his current success, he's a long way from being a sure thing when he moves on and that managing Ajax is probably the easiest job in football. This being because they base everything on bringing young players through - young players that have grown up playing the exact same system that the first team plays and are ready to slot in as soon they are good enough. That's clearly completely different to the model that United operate with, so he will need to adapt and adapt fast.

De Boer was meant to be the next big in management when he was winning leagues with Ajax. He was linked with us when Rodgers got the job. Been hopeless everywhere else.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #27259 on: November 26, 2021, 08:03:10 am »
Other teams win games with German managers? Quick sign the first German you get in touch with and hope for the best!!!!

#TheUnitedWay

:wave
Linudden.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27260 on: November 26, 2021, 08:05:51 am »
Is he racist Ralph?

Doesn't condem racism in football and also the comments about Keita.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27261 on: November 26, 2021, 08:06:55 am »
Other teams win games with German managers? Quick sign the first German you get in touch with and hope for the best!!!!

#TheUnitedWay

Klinsmann for Full Time manager then? After all, the Scousers were going to get him to replace Rafa so he must be good?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27262 on: November 26, 2021, 08:12:10 am »
I wonder how many United fans were talking about Ragnick as a possible replacement for Ole before he got the boot?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27263 on: November 26, 2021, 08:27:12 am »
Manic mancs in a group chat I'm on were crowing about Klopp's AFCON comment being racist. I initially ignored them because I didn't want to dignify it with a response but I simply posted the video and asked them to read the comments if they didn't understand.

They suddenly shut up. The same people were saying that it wasn't an agenda but if they didn't have one, they would have owned up. They are very envious of our team and our manager.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27264 on: November 26, 2021, 08:31:32 am »
Not worried by this appointment in the least. If he was the real deal he'd be managing one of the top sides long before now and not some background noise character nobody knows.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27265 on: November 26, 2021, 08:56:04 am »
Anyone who is scared by this appointment needs their head examined or at least Rangnik’s wiki page, he’s fucking shite! The only concern is if he does an absolute fluke and takes some points off us next year.

Seems so many fans getting information from sound bites and social media bollocks these days. ‘He’s the father of the pressing game’. ‘He was Klopps inspiration’. He’s been sacked from as many jobs as clubs he’s been involved in and won absolutely fuck all of note. The fact almost every fan had to google his name to find out he was an actual manager tells you everything.

The man United business model in the media is something to behold as usual. Like Ole he’ll be hyped up one week then the next it’ll be all talk of not being fit for the job, or it being to big a task, etc. I give it until Christmas for those ones.

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27266 on: November 26, 2021, 09:18:16 am »
Klopp’s mentor. Klopp’s inspiration. He taught Klopp everything he knows about counterpressing, bla, bla, bla. Amusing that they have to link Rangnick to Klopp as if to validate this move
coitus will occur

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27267 on: November 26, 2021, 09:22:57 am »
Klopp’s mentor. Klopp’s inspiration. He taught Klopp everything he knows about counterpressing, bla, bla, bla. Amusing that they have to link Rangnick to Klopp as if to validate this move

Good luck getting this fucker pressing ;D

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27268 on: November 26, 2021, 09:25:24 am »

It is quite funny all that - Wolfgang Frank is the Klopp mentor, end of story. Frank was a Sacchi obsessive, slight extension to story. Rangnik is Klopp's mate, and that's about the size of it.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27269 on: November 26, 2021, 09:26:38 am »
Manic mancs in a group chat I'm on were crowing about Klopp's AFCON comment being racist. I initially ignored them because I didn't want to dignify it with a response but I simply posted the video and asked them to read the comments if they didn't understand.

They suddenly shut up. The same people were saying that it wasn't an agenda but if they didn't have one, they would have owned up. They are very envious of our team and our manager.

People of all colours and creeds live in Africa, mind.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #27270 on: November 26, 2021, 10:04:13 am »
It is quite funny all that - Wolfgang Frank is the Klopp mentor, end of story. Frank was a Sacchi obsessive, slight extension to story. Rangnik is Klopp's mate, and that's about the size of it.
Good shout Roy - Rafa Hongistein's Klopp book has a great chapter on Frank, his time with Mainz in the mid-late 90s and the influence and impression he left on Kloppo.

Rangnick is an interesting appointment, he's definitely been more 'Director of Football' than coach in recent years, and no one can doubt the superb work he did in the Red Bull group, but I don't think his time at Utd can be anything more than a plaster over a substantial wound - he hasn't the time to extensively drill the players, nor will he likely be afforded a significant budget for signings in January. He is certainly far more tactically aware than Utd's last coach but is known for being divisive - some of the dressing room will go with him, the rest will be dropped. There will be one or two big names with their noses out of joint within the next month.

It's funny that Mancs are heralding him as the inventor of Gegenpressing - which was being utilised by Soviet Teams in a fashion as early as the mid 80s - see Lobanovskyi's Dinamo Kyiv - when he patently is not the inventor, just a proponent and his Schalke and Hoffenheim teams, two of his more recent head coach roles, haven't utilised such a system. We also look at Utd and see a side woefully ill-equipped personnel wise to achieve such a style. We all know from the teething stages that implementing a furious, precise press took nigh on 18 months to two years for Klopp's Liverpool to get right.

He's authoritative, knowledgeable and tactically flexible, all good qualities. Let's see how he handles a calibre of player he's maybe not used to, your Pogbas, Ronaldos and Varanes.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27271 on: November 26, 2021, 10:07:16 am »
Good appointment and lets him have a look at the quality of the squad in person before moving to a director of football role.

He is a volatile character and hasn't had much success for the last 5 or so years.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #27272 on: November 26, 2021, 10:14:45 am »
Rangnick seems to be tentatively linked with every club in this country whenever there is a vacancy. He's clearly a very intelligent and well-versed footballing man, and indeed he seems a stable choice for what they need right now and he's highly respected within the game. I think you can say it is a fairly sound appointment from the outside without coming across as if they're suddenly going to win everything.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27273 on: November 26, 2021, 10:15:10 am »

When you think back to their giddiness (and the media's) back in August isn't this absolutely mental?

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27274 on: November 26, 2021, 10:19:22 am »

#TheUnitedWay

I mean Liverpool would never appoint, say, a frenchman just after another club won the league with a frenchman.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27275 on: November 26, 2021, 10:21:34 am »
Good shout Roy - Rafa Hongistein's Klopp book has a great chapter on Frank, his time with Mainz in the mid-late 90s and the influence and impression he left on Kloppo.

Rangnick is an interesting appointment, he's definitely been more 'Director of Football' than coach in recent years, and no one can doubt the superb work he did in the Red Bull group, but I don't think his time at Utd can be anything more than a plaster over a substantial wound - he hasn't the time to extensively drill the players, nor will he likely be afforded a significant budget for signings in January. He is certainly far more tactically aware than Utd's last coach but is known for being divisive - some of the dressing room will go with him, the rest will be dropped. There will be one or two big names with their noses out of joint within the next month.

It's funny that Mancs are heralding him as the inventor of Gegenpressing - which was being utilised by Soviet Teams in a fashion as early as the mid 80s - see Lobanovskyi's Dinamo Kyiv - when he patently is not the inventor, just a proponent and his Schalke and Hoffenheim teams, two of his more recent head coach roles, haven't utilised such a system. We also look at Utd and see a side woefully ill-equipped personnel wise to achieve such a style. We all know from the teething stages that implementing a furious, precise press took nigh on 18 months to two years for Klopp's Liverpool to get right.

He's authoritative, knowledgeable and tactically flexible, all good qualities. Let's see how he handles a calibre of player he's maybe not used to, your Pogbas, Ronaldos and Varanes.

It's a bit like dropping Jack Nicholson into the Cuckoo's Nest psychiatric ward. Yes, he'll try and habituate new methods, and yes, he'll properly manage injuries and rehab (something Solskjaer failed to do to a spectacular extent), and yes, he'll coach the coaching staff too, but to implement his vision of football, he'll need to put quite a few noses out of joint.

That said, he's capable of being pragmatic and you'd expect a Hiddink-style arm around a few of the bigger egoes' shoulders... but fundamentally, this will be a clear headed man dropped into a pack of dunderheads. The only way it changes anything fundamental is (as we said with Pochettino), if they let him have the reins of the whole shooting match.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27276 on: November 26, 2021, 10:46:11 am »
Good appointment and lets him have a look at the quality of the squad in person before moving to a director of football role.

I'm sure any top level manager coming in next summer will love for footballing decisions to be made without them being able to assess the squad themselves  ;D

Has chaos written all over it.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #27277 on: November 26, 2021, 10:48:46 am »
It's a bit like dropping Jack Nicholson into the Cuckoo's Nest psychiatric ward. Yes, he'll try and habituate new methods, and yes, he'll properly manage injuries and rehab (something Solskjaer failed to do to a spectacular extent), and yes, he'll coach the coaching staff too, but to implement his vision of football, he'll need to put quite a few noses out of joint.

That said, he's capable of being pragmatic and you'd expect a Hiddink-style arm around a few of the bigger egoes' shoulders... but fundamentally, this will be a clear headed man dropped into a pack of dunderheads. The only way it changes anything fundamental is (as we said with Pochettino), if they let him have the reins of the whole shooting match.
Agreed - ultimately, they won't trust him to protect the business side of the club and as such, he won't be given the keys in the way he'd need to really steer them in the right direction. If he's being appointed with a view to moving him upstairs following the end of his contract, he may have to make harder decisions in the present than he otherwise would - if he doesn't, he's making it a more difficult situation for the next head coach and potentially himself as DOF.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27278 on: November 26, 2021, 10:55:21 am »
Good luck getting this fucker pressing ;D

I dunno. When he was playing on the left the other night he very definitely almost broke into something that could be described as a half arsed sprint after he fell over and didn't get a free kick.  Admittedly it was mainly to shout abuse at the ref, but he did continue it back into his own half.

Although he did then move centrally a couple of minutes later so he didn't have to do it again.  But from small acorns...

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #27279 on: November 26, 2021, 11:00:00 am »
High praise from Ballague.

Indeed he would someone suitable for Crystal Palace or even Arsenal who wouldn’t mind a few years in wilderness just to get things reset to get it right.

At United, he long term vision would be negated by their short term commercial interest. How do you sell shirts by benching Ronaldo? Will United be prepared to accept that?