Author Topic: The Boys  (Read 54272 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: The Boys
« Reply #160 on: September 4, 2020, 12:14:56 am »
What kind of distended rectum is this?!

Tuned into Amazon and NOTHING

:(

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: September 4, 2020, 12:39:33 am »
What kind of distended rectum is this?!

Tuned into Amazon and NOTHING

They don't tend to release stuff at midnight, seems to be there by morning though with other stuff, so maybe it's done by midnight ET or something like that.

Seen some mention elsewhere that the subsequent releases will also be a few eps rather than just the one, so it is only slightly shitty on their part if that's the case.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2020, 12:41:45 am by Skeeve »

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 4, 2020, 01:09:35 am »
First three eps are available now.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #163 on: September 4, 2020, 01:04:15 pm »
Looking forward to watching the first 3 tonight.

Loved the first 3 of Raised by Wolves last night at least that's something new to watch every Thursday and Friday now.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #164 on: September 5, 2020, 09:00:57 am »
Really enjoyed the first 3 last night and it was fun watching people loving Stormfront  for the first 2 and then their views suddenly changing on Twitter

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #165 on: September 5, 2020, 09:39:06 am »
Worth the wait!

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #166 on: September 5, 2020, 09:50:09 am »
Spoiler

That part where Homelander realises that Storm Front is actually completely evil and him (Seeming to realise) that now he's actually met evil, he might need to reasses himself was brilliant.

Or was he just pissed because she called him Gramps.

It was notable that he wasn't arsed about the collateral damage - in fact Collateral damage that could be blamed on the 'Terrorist Supe' goes in Vought's favour with the viewing world.

But I do get the feeling he's realised that he's not as evil/uncaring as he thought (But I could deffo be wrong!)

:D

[close]

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #167 on: September 5, 2020, 10:20:50 am »
The writer must have a hate for Daredevil and showed how to stop him in 2 seconds

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 5, 2020, 11:32:38 am »
Spoiler

That part where Homelander realises that Storm Front is actually completely evil and him (Seeming to realise) that now he's actually met evil, he might need to reasses himself was brilliant.

It was notable that he wasn't arsed about the collateral damage - in fact Collateral damage that could be blamed on the 'Terrorist Supe' goes in Vought's favour with the viewing world.

But I do get the feeling he's realised that he's not as evil/uncaring as he thought (But I could deffo be wrong!)

[close]

Think it was probably both sides of that with Homelander, you also have his other issues with Vought by that point too.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 5, 2020, 03:12:07 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
I think Homelander is just unhappy that he's losing control. He felt he was essential to Vought and that he basically saved the company with his role in getting them the military contract, and he thought installing Ashley as a puppet would give him more authority than ever. Now he finds people joining The Seven without him knowing, Stormfront not giving a fuck about his orders, his puppet being ignored by the higher ups and Mr Edgar calling him a failure that has actually cost the company massively. On top of that his son just rejected him and Maeve is keeping things from him.

He's going to lose his shit at some point, as they said in the previous episode you don't want to antagonize him.
[close]

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #170 on: September 5, 2020, 04:44:03 pm »
I've watched the first two and honestly it's feeling like an effort so far.

Feels it should actually be called "The Seven" and not "The Boys" at this point.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 5, 2020, 06:04:20 pm »
The Deep's gills singing to him was both bizarre and absolutely hilarious. Still got the 3rd episode, but it feels like the first couple are setting everything up, which is no bad thing.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 5, 2020, 06:09:49 pm »
Spoiler
I think Homelander is just unhappy that he's losing control. He felt he was essential to Vought and that he basically saved the company with his role in getting them the military contract, and he thought installing Ashley as a puppet would give him more authority than ever. Now he finds people joining The Seven without him knowing, Stormfront not giving a fuck about his orders, his puppet being ignored by the higher ups and Mr Edgar calling him a failure that has actually cost the company massively. On top of that his son just rejected him and Maeve is keeping things from him.

He's going to lose his shit at some point, as they said in the previous episode you don't want to antagonize him.
[close]
That's what I love about the internal logic of this regarding Homelander. He's basically unstoppable and if he just decided to flip, he could murder everyone on the planet if he wanted to. The thing is, he's still bound and kept in check by Vaught's politics and bureaucracy. You get the sense that he's being manipulated by something that is even more powerful than he is: knowledge. Perfectly juxtaposed by his scene with Mr Frings.

Offline Teacher

• Pair Ant Even Ink
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #173 on: September 5, 2020, 09:39:41 pm »
The Deep's gills singing to him was both bizarre and absolutely hilarious. Still got the 3rd episode, but it feels like the first couple are setting everything up, which is no bad thing.

Still not sure if the gills scene was funny or cringeworthy. Found the first couple of episodes a bit slow to be honest. The third one had more action however and the storyline was beginning to gather pace.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #174 on: September 6, 2020, 01:29:18 am »
Still not sure if the gills scene was funny or cringeworthy.

Wasnt the Gills part all a Shrooms illusion

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #175 on: September 6, 2020, 01:41:22 am »
Wasnt the Gills part all a Shrooms illusion

a shrillusion?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 6, 2020, 01:49:15 am »
Still not sure if the gills scene was funny or cringeworthy. Found the first couple of episodes a bit slow to be honest. The third one had more action however and the storyline was beginning to gather pace.
I was expecting to cringe, but ended up laughing at it instead. Not sure why.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 6, 2020, 05:13:07 am »
Awesome first three episodes roll on next week. No surprise that Aya Cash has proven to be a great addition to the show and she's killing it as Storm Front so far.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2020, 05:15:22 am by kloppagetime »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #178 on: September 6, 2020, 06:17:32 am »
I'm starting to feel sorry for the Deep his little story about all the Goldfish crying out for help all the time.

I wonder if the Boys and some of the other 7 team up to take Homelander and Stormfront down, mind you I can't see them killing off homelander yet.

And surely there will be some big reveal about Black Noir.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2020, 06:37:35 am by Trada »

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 6, 2020, 08:49:08 am »
That's what I love about the internal logic of this regarding Homelander. He's basically unstoppable and if he just decided to flip, he could murder everyone on the planet if he wanted to. The thing is, he's still bound and kept in check by Vaught's politics and bureaucracy. You get the sense that he's being manipulated by something that is even more powerful than he is: knowledge. Perfectly juxtaposed by his scene with Mr Frings.

Yeah, Vought is all Homelander has and Mr Edgar knows that, which is why he can speak to him like that and not get sliced in half. Homelander was desperate to correct his super-terrorist mistake and upset when Stormfront killed one and takes the credit, if anything he seems more desperate to prove himself than ever, especially after his son told him to get lost.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 6, 2020, 01:18:44 pm »
Awesome first three episodes roll on next week. No surprise that Aya Cash has proven to be a great addition to the show and she's killing it as Storm Front so far.

I thought they got the buildup of her character throughout those first few eps just right.

Has anyone seen many complaints about the changes they made to the character going from comics to show, be a shame if there is much of it because the updating of the ideology works really well with the current political environment and their reason for the gender swap makes a lot of sense too. (it makes her even more antagonistic opposition to Homelander)

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #181 on: September 6, 2020, 03:52:39 pm »
I thought they got the buildup of her character throughout those first few eps just right.

Has anyone seen many complaints about the changes they made to the character going from comics to show, be a shame if there is much of it because the updating of the ideology works really well with the current political environment and their reason for the gender swap makes a lot of sense too. (it makes her even more antagonistic opposition to Homelander)

I've seen no complaints on Twitter about the changes a lot of people shocked by the last scene in the 3rd one I think a lot of people liked her then suddenly the reveal.

I'm not to sure if they have changed her much apart from her sex of course she still seems to be a Nazi if you look closely her belt buckle is the Nazi Eagle, and she seems to be wearing dagger SS earrings and I bet there is something on her arm clasps

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #182 on: September 7, 2020, 01:52:49 am »
"No, fuck you and your creepy shit, Eagle.

I'm hungry..."

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 7, 2020, 03:23:11 am »

Just like all the changes to the comic book counterparts, she's a big improvement. Stormfront in the comic could only really work in a comic. He's far too on the nose, and would come across as being antiquated and even abrasive given the current world politics. Plus, like you say, it makes more sense she's female and a bit of a feminist because that gets right under Homelander's skin and makes for better drama. Stormlander in the comic is literally from WW2 and his youth survives modern times due to him ageing slowly. I'm not so sure they'll keep that as part of Stormfront character in the show, though. I thought she might have been more than just a gender swap, but the 3rd episode confirmed she's definitely a full on racist.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 7, 2020, 03:36:06 pm »
Thought the 3 episodes were on point and the use of the C word doesn't look like stopping any time soon.

My only gripe and its a small thing, considering Homelander has super heightened senses, he tend to get caught out a bit too easily in the tunnels, surely he would have heard The Boys stood ten yards behind him...….like I say, a small gripe but it annoys my sense of the logic in that universe.

The bit on the roof with his kid and the whale scene cracked me up though.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #185 on: September 7, 2020, 05:00:41 pm »
My only gripe and its a small thing, considering Homelander has super heightened senses, he tend to get caught out a bit too easily in the tunnels, surely he would have heard The Boys stood ten yards behind him...….like I say, a small gripe but it annoys my sense of the logic in that universe.

They pose absolutely no threat to him whatsoever at this current part in time. He can let them do whatever because it doesn't matter that they're around. He's probably more interested in what they are scheming. He's up there with Dr Manhattan and The Plutonian when it comes to anti-hero irreverence.

I did notice that he didn't even attempt to catch his son when he chucked him off the roof. He's only interested in creating a new little monster of his rather than building a relationship, despite him trying to open up.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: September 7, 2020, 08:03:56 pm »
I'm not to sure if they have changed her much apart from her sex of course she still seems to be a Nazi if you look closely her belt buckle is the Nazi Eagle, and she seems to be wearing dagger SS earrings and I bet there is something on her arm clasps

The changes to update the character from an ex-nazi to a more contemporary kind of fascist is fairly significant in making the character more relevant than the comic book version.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #187 on: September 7, 2020, 09:39:49 pm »
Homelander is frickin-A'

"You can fly like me"

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #188 on: September 7, 2020, 10:45:19 pm »
I'm starting to feel sorry for the Deep his little story about all the Goldfish crying out for help all the time.

I wonder if the Boys and some of the other 7 team up to take Homelander and Stormfront down, mind you I can't see them killing off homelander yet.

And surely there will be some big reveal about Black Noir.

Black Noir cried after the compound V was on the news. The big reveal will be he’s an Evertonian. He can’t stand that he was manufactured, not born.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #189 on: September 8, 2020, 08:55:36 am »
Black Noir cried after the compound V was on the news. The big reveal will be he’s an Evertonian. He can’t stand that he was manufactured, not born.

Some people are saying was he laughing. But like you said it seemed like he was crying.

I loved the scene with Homelander and Edgar.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 8, 2020, 11:38:23 am »
I didn't even realise Butcher was English until characters kept calling him it, and then I thought it was just the writers taking the piss out of Americans not knowing a Aus/NZ accent

But then this season, he's got the worst fake cockney accent ever  :lmao At least in the first scenes I've watched

Boss show tho

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 8, 2020, 07:24:01 pm »
Aye, Karl Urban's accent is all over the place. Sometimes he gets it right, but he can't control the Kiwi from escaping. In a way, they are sort of similar-sounding, and that's probably why he probably can't tell the difference. He's a wee bit Jack Sparrow sometimes too. It's fine, though. Urban's still boss to watch.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #192 on: September 9, 2020, 03:57:35 am »
A friend emailed me the comics, and Billy is indeed cockney. But interestingly Hughie is scottish.

The comics are great, even more twisted and while the end point seems to be the same, the plot is really different from the show.

If anyone wants them emailed, let me know.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #193 on: September 9, 2020, 06:53:37 pm »
Why the hell have they only released 3 episodes?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 9, 2020, 08:08:21 pm »

It's awful isn't it? They did the same with that Spurs thing and Apple did it with Ted Lasso
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Teacher

• Pair Ant Even Ink
  • Main Stander
« Reply #195 on: September 9, 2020, 09:18:58 pm »

Think future episodes are being released on a weekly basis (Fridays). I read there`s only eight in total however.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #196 on: September 9, 2020, 09:55:34 pm »
Thought that the second episode was a little slow, but there's a lot of little storylines they're weaving together.  Otherwise, same as before, really entertaining stuff and that third episode was quite the ride.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #197 on: September 9, 2020, 10:09:25 pm »
Think future episodes are being released on a weekly basis (Fridays). I read there`s only eight in total however.

Oh I know they're releasing it bit by bit, I just don't understand why.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #198 on: September 9, 2020, 10:21:49 pm »
So you don't just sign up for one month's subscription? he says cynically.
Maybe there's a benign, covid-related reason.

Anyway, enjoying this season, even if the first two were slow. Homelander is still fantastically shitty, and as I thought, Aya Cash has been a great addition as Stormfront.

And I don't care about Billy's accent - Karl Urban is awesome so he gets away with anything in my eyes.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Teacher

• Pair Ant Even Ink
  • Main Stander
« Reply #199 on: September 9, 2020, 10:22:41 pm »

It`s a pity really. Would have preferred a weekend of binge on the whole series.