Author Topic: CL Final 2018 - Kiev  (Read 170232 times)

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL Final 2018 - Kiev
« Reply #120 on: May 3, 2018, 02:36:52 pm »
Booked on Thomas Cook. Spent about 5 hours coming to the conclusion that there are no hotels.

I'm guaranteed so don't forsee any issues.
My mate is in the ballot. I've put him down on Thomas Cook. As I understand it, if he does not qualify he will have to pay. Also if other mates qualify they can put the ticket in his name and still be OK. Or at least this is what I understand - if not he owes me £800!

Anyone come to same or different conclusion?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: May 3, 2018, 02:38:13 pm »
Booked on Thomas Cook. Spent about 5 hours coming to the conclusion that there are no hotels.

I'm guaranteed so don't forsee any issues.
My mate is in the ballot. I've put him down on Thomas Cook. As I understand it, if he does not qualify he will have to pay. Also if other mates qualify they can put the ticket in his name and still be OK. Or at least this is what I understand - if not he owes me £800!

Anyone come to same or different conclusion?

Sounds about right, they won't charge you unless you are successful, though I don't know if you can just pass that onto someone else as the airline will need the details of the person who is actually flying.

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 3, 2018, 02:38:30 pm »
In ref to the Thomas Cook package, I might have read it wrong but from what I gathered you will be able to make the booking and be charged for the seat if you are eligible for a ticket. I read this as if you have 7 games or a chance in the ballot then you can take a seat on the plane and will be charged whether you get a ticket or not. I didn't seen anything about payment only being taken if you get managed to actually be successful and get a ticket through the club? Have I completely misread it? Thanks

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 3, 2018, 02:40:05 pm »
My mate is having a look at getting a private chartered flight. He reckons that we will need atleast 40 people but we can get it cheaper than Thomas Cook and the others.

I'll keep everyone updated on this - this isn't guaranteed but if we can sort it I reckon people will jump at the chance to get something cheaper.

Would have a couple interested
We are Loyal Supporters

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 3, 2018, 02:40:47 pm »
In ref to the Thomas Cook package, I might have read it wrong but from what I gathered you will be able to make the booking and be charged for the seat if you are eligible for a ticket. I read this as if you have 7 games or a chance in the ballot then you can take a seat on the plane and will be charged whether you get a ticket or not. I didn't seen anything about payment only being taken if you get managed to actually be successful and get a ticket through the club? Have I completely misread it? Thanks

It says that FC's will be checked with the club and will only be accepted if you are in possession of a match ticket bought through the club... If you are unsuccessful in the ballot then you can't be in possession of a match ticket bought through the club so you won't be charged (I hope!)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #125 on: May 3, 2018, 02:41:20 pm »
£149 for the overnight coach.

Wow, really? I had a look at getbybus.com last week and you could do that return trip for about 40EUR. That was probably a scruffy old bus though, rather than coach.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Istanbul Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #126 on: May 3, 2018, 02:44:11 pm »
You won't be charged by TC if you don't get a ticket through the club and you can't transfer it to someone who did get a ticket.

Online SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #127 on: May 3, 2018, 02:46:04 pm »
Sounds about right, they won't charge you unless you are successful, though I don't know if you can just pass that onto someone else as the airline will need the details of the person who is actually flying.

I would imagine that if unsuccessful, they’ll just cancel the seat and then others who have been lucky enough to get a ticket will be able to apply for the places that become available?

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #128 on: May 3, 2018, 02:48:36 pm »
You won't be charged by TC if you don't get a ticket through the club and you can't transfer it to someone who did get a ticket.
This, but not sure if they will hold booking for next weeks ballot either. Has anyone had an email back confirming booking? or are we waiting for email as they are currently checking with club if we qualify?
ive 3 aways so will be fine.

Online SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #129 on: May 3, 2018, 02:50:28 pm »
This, but not sure if they will hold booking for next weeks ballot either. Has anyone had an email back confirming booking? or are we waiting for email as they are currently checking with club if we qualify?
ive 3 aways so will be fine.

I’ve had an email with all the details on, just says ‘pending’

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 3, 2018, 02:52:02 pm »
I didn't save it but during the checkout it said 'or if entered details from successful ballot applicant' or something like that. I.e. if someone gets 1 in the ballot they can enter the details of someone else, and if that someone else is on the Thomas Cook flight, the club will deem it suitable as it's 'purchased from the club'?

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 3, 2018, 02:53:16 pm »
Does anyone happen to be driving from Warsaw on Friday and back for 9pm Sunday?

We booked to Warsaw last night for Friday and now my cousins have pulled out. They said they would drive but now have had second thoughts and think logistically it's not a good idea for them.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I had looked at flying into Poland then driving to Kiev but it looks like a non-starter. Hire car companies won't let you take cars from Poland into Ukraine and it seems that even if you tried you'd be turned back at the border. Also, reading some stuff about driving in Ukraine it doesn't seem to be the safest option.

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #132 on: May 3, 2018, 03:00:58 pm »
Gonna go for Sportoptions for this (when they release details)
Pricey but tried & trusted!

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 3, 2018, 03:01:22 pm »
It says that FC's will be checked with the club and will only be accepted if you are in possession of a match ticket bought through the club... If you are unsuccessful in the ballot then you can't be in possession of a match ticket bought through the club so you won't be charged (I hope!)

Thanks for clarifying mate. One of those days where I have looked at so many options my heads about to explode and I couldn't get my head around it

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #134 on: May 3, 2018, 03:03:29 pm »

I am the same. World choice sports just ramped up prices from this morning! 2 day trip was £800 now £900

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 3, 2018, 03:05:33 pm »
I am the same. World choice sports just ramped up prices from this morning! 2 day trip was £800 now £900

Urgh....Was looking at that as an option.  Don't want to book anything without a ticket.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 3, 2018, 03:12:07 pm »
Just FYI that WorldChoice is 2 days - but there is no hotel!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 3, 2018, 03:16:17 pm »

Any idea on price mate?
YNWA.

Offline cheshiremike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #138 on: May 3, 2018, 03:21:41 pm »
Any idea on price mate?

Will be around same as worldchoice sports

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #139 on: May 3, 2018, 03:33:00 pm »
Any idea on price mate?

I went with them yesterday and they said details out this weekend, gonna be £850 according to lads on the plane this morning

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 3, 2018, 03:34:36 pm »
Anyone know what areas the Cat1,2,3,4 seating will be yet?

Offline cheshiremike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #141 on: May 3, 2018, 03:37:11 pm »
I went with them yesterday and they said details out this weekend, gonna be £850 according to lads on the plane this morning

Did they say they were doing a few trips? Day trip and 2 night trip?

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #142 on: May 3, 2018, 03:52:52 pm »
Anyone know what areas the Cat1,2,3,4 seating will be yet?
There is a layout diagram on the 1st page of this thread (8th post)

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #143 on: May 3, 2018, 03:55:15 pm »
Still no sign of a ballot email
Legacy fan

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #144 on: May 3, 2018, 03:56:13 pm »
Potentially looking to do a coach trip there from London. I have gone on a website but I am not sure I trust it or even trust the journey time quoted, reason being is that it says that it will take 45 hours for a direct coach journey and 21 hours for one with 2 stops? I am not sure how that can make sense unless the former has some mad routing. 21 hours is sound but I am unsure if any of this is reliable. Can anyone help out? cheers

https://www.busradar.com/search/?From=london&To=kiev&When=2018-05-24&WhenReturn=&Passengers=1
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Online Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: May 3, 2018, 03:56:23 pm »
Cat1  - blue
Cat2 - pink
Cat3 - green
Cat4 - purple

I assume then the restrcited view seats are the front rows of each category?
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #146 on: May 3, 2018, 03:56:38 pm »
sports options apparently be doing trips form liverpool manchester and luton for definate. they wont give me a price they are normally competitive so 800 ish is probably gonna be right looking at the others day trip prices

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 3, 2018, 04:04:49 pm »
Potentially looking to do a coach trip there from London. I have gone on a website but I am not sure I trust it or even trust the journey time quoted, reason being is that it says that it will take 45 hours for a direct coach journey and 21 hours for one with 2 stops? I am not sure how that can make sense unless the former has some mad routing. 21 hours is sound but I am unsure if any of this is reliable. Can anyone help out? cheers

https://www.busradar.com/search/?From=london&To=kiev&When=2018-05-24&WhenReturn=&Passengers=1

No chance for 21 hours I dont think in a coach

It’s 1500 miles roughly at 60mph it’s 25 hours let alone with stops

Suspect it’ll be much nearer 30 hours and guess if they have a team of drivers they could keep it rolling

Offline macksmate

• Main Stander
« Reply #148 on: May 3, 2018, 04:19:54 pm »
Just had email to register for ballot.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 3, 2018, 04:23:30 pm »
No. If you don't intend to travel, don't buy a ticket then someone else who actually qualifies has a chance of one. The club have advised to only apply if you intend to travel.

The main problem is that too many people with no chance of a ticket are booking flights to watch it in a tacky fan park. If the fam wernt going then the flights would be cheaper and those with the credits could afford to go.

Ill be entering the ballot and if i cant find a reasonable priced route then ill be sorthng somebody whose been to all 7 finals, rather than letting wooly come lately have it.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Istanbul Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #150 on: May 3, 2018, 04:25:58 pm »
i have booked on the overnight coach from Warsaw to Kiev. Doing the flight to Warsaw and travel in Warsaw to meet up with the coach on my own, so if anyone is flying from Luton to Warsaw on the Friday afternoon, can you PM me please.

What flight times have you got from Luton

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 3, 2018, 04:29:16 pm »
The main problem is that too many people with no chance of a ticket are booking flights to watch it in a tacky fan park. If the fam wernt going then the flights would be cheaper and those with the credits could afford to go.

People will be hoping to get a ticket there, if not they will soak up the atmosphere in Kiev, there is no law against this

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 3, 2018, 04:29:42 pm »
Just had email to register for ballot.

Nothing here yet, guess they're doing it individually for some reason!
YNWA.

Offline JACKO_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #153 on: May 3, 2018, 04:29:47 pm »
Thomas Cook now sold out, wonder if they will be putting on another one?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 3, 2018, 04:30:52 pm »
Just got my ballot email there

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: May 3, 2018, 04:34:56 pm »

I've been manically refreshing and managed to get three individually after a day of effort.

Managed to cancel our flights to Warsaw after my cousins decided to back out on driving
YNWA.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 3, 2018, 04:37:17 pm »
People will be hoping to get a ticket there, if not they will soak up the atmosphere in Kiev, there is no law against this

Its not illegal but theyre still weirdos paying huge amounts to soak up a uefa manufactured atmosphere. Each to their own though, id rather watch it in town and be there for the home coming, after missing it last time.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 3, 2018, 04:37:47 pm »

Refresh. Then refresh. And again. You get 15mins to complete transaction - loads obviously not going through so just refresh. Won't work all day but seemed to keep appearing back for me most of today so far.

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: May 3, 2018, 04:38:19 pm »
thomas cook will keep putting more on. they will satisfy demand they told me earlier

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 3, 2018, 04:42:19 pm »
thomas cook will keep putting more on. they will satisfy demand they told me earlier

Yep and why wouldn't they.  Sportsoptions will be exactly the same.

If they are making as little as £100 per head profit its a very nice earner indeed

Got 8 credits and I'm using a daytripping company myself but will wait and see if SportsOptions is competitively priced although I ain't holding my breath.