Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226285 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2017, 11:16:26 am »
Graham - What happened to the local kids taking up the 1000+ empty seats per game? Has this started? It was brilliant when suggested last year but I've not heard any more?

To me that's win win for everyone.

I think the Main Stand opening and the hullabaloo over the touted local sales has put this on the back burner for now. Not due to the touting, more to concentrating on other issues.

Still on the agenda.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2017, 11:18:36 am »
In terms of the 500 U1/U9 tickets, I've seen this mentioned a few times now and I'm interested where the club are getting this figure from bearing in mind they haven't done full checks on them? I know they've been asking the odd person how much they paid for them when they're walking to their seats but me and my mates have been up there for virtually every game and never been asked once.

Not saying it isn't the case but I've a healthy scepticism (of the club, not Graham) on this issue. Just seems to me there is a reason they keep putting this line out. Don't get me wrong, I know there's a good number getting passed on (partly down to how the club set the scheme up & using paper tickets etc.) but I'm unsure on whether it's as much as the club are saying.

It is pretty accurate - pre-Christmas they did spot checks and this was the ratio of tickets that were ending up not in the hands of the buyer.

There are people who aren't keen on this inside the Club but there are enough of us wanting to see it succeed for the recent changes and clamp down to have happened.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2017, 11:19:38 am »
What riles me the most are the 'sound people' on twitter with god knows how many cards, selling them week in week out.

Be careful who you pass your card on to as it could end up in the hands of these people, and could end up getting your card blocked.

Had a close call recently myself that I am not going to get into or name names on here but that is what happened basically.

Why the club dont do anything about it is unbelievable

He issue and limited resources - getting better access systems would help, linking person to ticket better.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2017, 11:21:35 am »
I'll wager 50 quid to the first taker that absolutely fuck all will happen next season and the following season to curb away touting and if they ever get around to it the away tickets they recover from touts will be used as a selling point to sell the most expensive seasonal hospitality tickets ie buy expensive seasonal hospitality and you can buy away tickets with no credits required.

I'll take that bet - over the next two seasons something will happen to address credit hunting and touting of away tickets.

And the new system won't see an explosion in them being syphoned off as transparency in sales breakdowns is being sought.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2017, 11:28:50 am »
I'll take that bet - over the next two seasons something will happen to address credit hunting and touting of away tickets.

And the new system won't see an explosion in them being syphoned off as transparency in sales breakdowns is being sought.

this is something we really need to see. The sales criteria for certain aways doesn't make sense, bigger allocations selling out on more credits than smaller ones etc
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2017, 11:37:20 am »
this is something we really need to see. The sales criteria for certain aways doesn't make sense, bigger allocations selling out on more credits than smaller ones etc

Bournemouth this season was a special case - although not acceptable - the allocation was low, a very small proportion of the 'super-corporate' asked for a handful of tickets and were given them, this meant that some of the 19+ credit people missed out (about 20).

Asking for those that missed out to at least have their 19+ credits protected.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2017, 11:54:25 am »
Agree. Middlesbrough and United were a joke in terms of what credits they sold out on

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2017, 12:01:24 pm »
It is pretty accurate - pre-Christmas they did spot checks and this was the ratio of tickets that were ending up not in the hands of the buyer.

That's fair enough but that is/can be a different issue to the tickets being touted. For example, I might buy for me and three mates and then if someone can't make it pass their ticket on to another mate (living in Liverpool) at FV. If they checked in the ground then they wouldn't be the person named on the ticket but that doesn't mean the ticket has been touted. Not disagreeing that there is a problem at all but if the club are equating ticket holder not being the person named on the ticket = up to 60% of tickets being touted then that is misleading, though do understand it's tricky for them to come up with a reliable figure while the current process remains the way that it is.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2017, 12:22:06 pm »
That's fair enough but that is/can be a different issue to the tickets being touted. For example, I might buy for me and three mates and then if someone can't make it pass their ticket on to another mate (living in Liverpool) at FV. If they checked in the ground then they wouldn't be the person named on the ticket but that doesn't mean the ticket has been touted. Not disagreeing that there is a problem at all but if the club are equating ticket holder not being the person named on the ticket = up to 60% of tickets being touted then that is misleading, though do understand it's tricky for them to come up with a reliable figure while the current process remains the way that it is.

This is why they need a transfer system in place though

You transfer the ticket online any time up to kick off to the nominated number. They then enter using their own card.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2017, 12:26:02 pm »

All the spot checks asked for what sum they paid for the tickets - all not with the named buyer met the same response of more than £9. Touted.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2017, 12:29:22 pm »
Any system that allows a ticket to be transferred from the purchaser to someone else is open to touting, and isn't the transfer of football tickets illegal anyway, even at face value?

Any system that involves people getting credit for purchasing tickets which then gives them advantages over other people is open to abuse as well, as is any system that makes people buy tickets up to 5 or 6 months in advance when the actual day and time of the match isn't fixed.

Pay on the gate on the day for all is the answer  ;D
Legacy fan

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2017, 01:39:12 pm »
All the spot checks asked for what sum they paid for the tickets - all not with the named buyer met the same response of more than £9. Touted.

Ah right I see. That's fair enough, guess they are less likely to ask a group of four scouse lads who are running up to their seats a few minutes before kick off!

Cheers for your responses on this one.

Online RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2017, 02:07:47 pm »

Gladly lose this bet to you Graham.
Kenny Godglish

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2017, 03:46:47 pm »

Graham, the first few games members who bought in the local general sales had their cards activated. After a few games however this was changed to everyone getting tickets instead. Why did this happen? Surely if anything it would make touting those tickets easier.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2017, 03:49:41 pm »
Graham, the first few games members who bought in the local general sales had their cards activated. After a few games however this was changed to everyone getting tickets instead. Why did this happen? Surely if anything it would make touting those tickets easier.

No, they moved this way so they could have people pick the tickets up from the TO and have to show ID and also do that closer to the game to try and disrupt the touts selling them on. They added greater scrutiny of these areas on match days too.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2017, 04:07:14 pm »
It's great to hear the club are deep in talks about tackling touting

It's never been particularly overt but have to say Graham you are giving confidence that the club is wanting to find a solution which is great - thanks for the updates

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2017, 04:55:25 pm »
It's great to hear the club are deep in talks about tackling touting

Devil's advocate here Graham.

Why do the club want to tackle it? They don't seem to want to tackle anything, or are inept at doing so in those areas they try,

So why this? What's in it for them?

The atmosphere and marketing it is something that makes them money in a roundabout way - but they don't do anything for it.

What's in it for Liverpool Football Club to pay more than lip service to touting?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2017, 04:59:08 pm »
Devil's advocate here Graham.

Why do the club want to tackle it? They don't seem to want to tackle anything, or are inept at doing so in those areas they try,

So why this? What's in it for them?

The atmosphere and marketing it is something that makes them money in a roundabout way - but they don't do anything for it.

What's in it for Liverpool Football Club to pay more than lip service to touting?

They are under massive pressure all the time from fans about tickets and access. The numbers I posted earlier in the thread show that there are thousands of tickets touted or in the wrong hands and if these can be repatriated then it only helps.

They have a season ticket waiting list of 20,000+ as well with currently no chance of anyone above say 7,500 probably having a chance of a ticket in the next ten years.

And there are some good people in the staff at LFC who want things sorted.

It isn't a new thing either the amnesty was talked about a couple of years ago but is being put off while the MS beds in.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2017, 06:04:09 pm »
Would putting a certain number of away tickets, lets say 10% of the allocation, in a pot that goes to some form of ballot not possibly be a good idea? Not sure who you'd make the ballot open to exactly, ST holders, members with x home games, everyone etc etc but it probably does need to open up a little bit really. More credits you've got for home games or something the more entries you get in a ballot or something.

People who go every week wouldn't suffer, and even people who have 6 credits for example, but it would open up an extra 13 games as a possibility to them as week.

Abolish the percentage of tickets that agencies sell and they're freed up anyway.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2017, 06:45:23 pm »
Would putting a certain number of away tickets, lets say 10% of the allocation, in a pot that goes to some form of ballot not possibly be a good idea? Not sure who you'd make the ballot open to exactly, ST holders, members with x home games, everyone etc etc but it probably does need to open up a little bit really. More credits you've got for home games or something the more entries you get in a ballot or something.

People who go every week wouldn't suffer, and even people who have 6 credits for example, but it would open up an extra 13 games as a possibility to them as week.

Abolish the percentage of tickets that agencies sell and they're freed up anyway.
Wouldnt be a bad idea as long as the tickets were taken from the corporate/sponsors pot, I don't think it would be fair on people who have built loyalty up over the years to miss out! We've seen this year what an impact last seasons corporate STH being in the main pot has had.

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2017, 08:25:29 pm »
Sure I read somewhere a month or so back that the club had employed an ex-copper to head up an anti touting/ticket fraud dept so guess they are keen to try and do something.
Long overdue

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2017, 08:31:48 pm »
Gladly lose this bet to you Graham.

Good news as it might open aways up again

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2017, 08:34:25 pm »
That touting page is back on FB , twats

Online mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2017, 09:40:07 pm »
There was a few stewards with clipboards checking people's tickets as they went up the stairs to the pitch in U9 today.

Also four foreign lads sat in front of me, fuming when they realised face value was £9 and they'd been ripped off. Hope the clipboard fellas caught them and work out who gave them the tickets

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2017, 01:05:17 am »
That touting page is back on FB , twats

So it is.. Need to get the club to create some fake FB Accounts, start messaging them asking for seat details and finding out who they are

Will they do it though? doubt it

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2017, 01:55:32 am »
So it is.. Need to get the club to create some fake FB Accounts, start messaging them asking for seat details and finding out who they are

Will they do it though? doubt it

Jesus fucking Christ just been looking and found more.

Is thier an email address at LFC to report these people ?

Loads of Irish funding these fucking parastites

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2017, 08:46:44 am »
You'd imagine that the logic step would be for the club to start dealing with websites and twitter accounts before taking tickets away from genuine fans. 

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2017, 10:52:35 am »
You'd imagine that the logic step would be for the club to start dealing with websites and twitter accounts before taking tickets away from genuine fans.

Two words that are rarely associated with our ticket office & club
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 12, 2017, 12:09:52 pm »
As I said earlier.  Snatch squads outside the ground, and fake buyers (or buyers from within the club)  to trace tickets back to source, would be a good start to solving a lot of issues.

You can never stamp it out completely, as as you solve one way of touting, the touts will just find another way of doing business, but you could certainly clamp down on about 80% of it, with a well thought out plan involving the club, police, trading standards, and the involvement of fans  reporting it.

We have to make it socially unacceptable again.  We have to make the touts pariahs.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 12, 2017, 12:43:44 pm »
needs reporting ASAP it's massive

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2017, 08:11:20 pm »
Might contact the Club and offer my services to rid them of touting, will be interesting to see their response.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #231 on: February 14, 2017, 08:58:48 am »
Broadly in favour of action in these areas. Difficult to argue against some of the proposals outlined by Graham there.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 14, 2017, 09:55:39 am »
I think there needs to be concessions on all sides to make things work (including ticket pricing) and the primary concern should be to get multiple memberships and season tickets into individual names.

Everyone gets issued with a 3 year cycle photo identity ticket. cost say £10 a time

Therefore can be spot checked that the user is the right person and if technology allows as you come through the turnstile the image displays on screen and Stewards can see you as you come in.

If you have mates or family who use your cards when you don't go then they should make sure they have their own photo identity ticket at £10 every 3 years this should be feasible.

If you can't go to a game and want to transfer to a fellow member (as long as they are registered) you can for a £5 fee  (I think it's important there is a nominal charge) online you deactivate your card and the fellow members card is activated.   They also get an email / text alert with the seat details.
Say CUT OFF 3-5 hours before Kick off.   
You don't need set limits if they are members you can transfer to them.
(Yes Touts will be able to still transfer but their buying market has been severely slashed and the number of cards they have will be limited)

I also think there should be a permanent right to be able to transfer a season ticket to a family member or a friend if you can no longer go.
(IMPORTANT TO KEEP GROUPS AND FRIENDS TOGETHER AT GAMES) I know it effects the waiting list but that is a concession that has to be made.

As part of the amnesty transfers can be made left right and centre to help ensure we have one member per person.
Not 6 members for one person. 
The club should be able to see patterns if a particular address has more than 4-6 member cards registered there.

PRICING important to help with  - concessions
KOP ENDS and ANFIELD ROAD ENDS bring them down to £20- £30 EACH
Centenary and Main STAND STAGGERED PRICING from corners to CENTRE escalating £30-£40-£50-£60-£70 on blocks as you get more central - You should pay ,more for a better seat and this in turn helps finance the lower pricing in the Kop ends -   
I know people will say why should I pay more for seats I have sat in all my life but this is where the consession comes in to help all supporters so from the outset you are in a section that you can afford no one is taking your right to a ticket.
Also I know ticket revenue is a small percentage of club revenue with TV money but they are not going to totally reduce pricing the objective should be to help as may people as possible to have access to cheaper seats and to make this happen others will pay more for a beter experience.

Big issue is the membership cards and wjat happens to the loyalty if you transfer to a friend and I really don't know what to suggest as this is a big part of the ticket access problem with this secondary "season ticket" and it shoudl be phased out to give people more access to get to the game but how I don't know.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2017, 10:24:29 am »
I think there needs to be concessions on all sides to make things work (including ticket pricing) and the primary concern should be to get multiple memberships and season tickets into individual names.

Everyone gets issued with a 3 year cycle photo identity ticket. cost say £10 a time

Therefore can be spot checked that the user is the right person and if technology allows as you come through the turnstile the image displays on screen and Stewards can see you as you come in.

If you have mates or family who use your cards when you don't go then they should make sure they have their own photo identity ticket at £10 every 3 years this should be feasible.

If you can't go to a game and want to transfer to a fellow member (as long as they are registered) you can for a £5 fee  (I think it's important there is a nominal charge) online you deactivate your card and the fellow members card is activated.   They also get an email / text alert with the seat details.
(Yes Touts will be able to still transfer but their buying market has been severely slashed and the number of cards they have will be limited)

I also think there should be a permanent right to be able to transfer a season ticket to a family member or a friend if you can no longer go.
(IMPORTANT TO KEEP GROUPS AND FRIENDS TOGETHER AT GAMES) I know it effects the waiting list but that is a concession that has to be made.

As part of the amnesty transfers can be made left right and centre to help ensure we have one member per person.
The club should be able to see patterns if a particular address has more than 4-6 member cards registered there.

Centenary and Main STAND STAGGERED PRICING from corners to CENTRE escalating £30-£40-£50-£60-£70 on blocks as you get more central - You should pay ,more for a better seat and this in turn helps finance the lower pricing in the Kop ends -   
I know people will say why should I pay more for seats I have sat in all my life but this is where the consession comes in to help all supporters so from the outset you are in a section that you can afford no one is taking your right to a ticket.
Also I know ticket revenue is a small percentage of club revenue with TV money but they are not going to totally reduce pricing the objective should be to help as may people as possible to have access to cheaper seats and to make this happen others will pay more for a beter experience.

Big issue is the membership cards and wjat happens to the loyalty if you transfer to a friend and I really don't know what to suggest as this is a big part of the ticket access problem with this secondary "season ticket" and it shoudl be phased out to give people more access to get to the game but how I don't know.

a number of potential technology failings in there

image checks at turnstiles is ridiculous......it's a game of football.....
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 14, 2017, 10:32:16 am »

Which is why I said if technology allows - the idea is as you scan your card as you have come in through the turnstile your photo is already on your member card and it would appear on screen above turnstile in the ground, It then allow as you come through the steward looks up and then looks at your face - maybe far fetched but objective is to make it a deterrent to stop people using someone else's card.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 14, 2017, 10:42:04 am »

like most of those ideas as long as those of us in main stand who your gonna put prices up for can transfer our season ticket to the anny road or Kop!

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #236 on: February 14, 2017, 11:54:35 am »

Camera on the turnstile. Someone sat in an office somewhere, possibly even in India, flagging possible mismatches. People who hide their face can similarly be flagged. All potential mismatches had seat number associated. A steward with a tablet can visually check against their card photo. I would imagine in most cases that people could be cleared without even needing to speak to them. If the same cards regularly get flagged to be checked. They can be denied entry without a visual check. It is all doable if there is a will to pursue it. 

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2017, 01:15:20 pm »
Yes, something has to be done about the touting, but be careful what you wish for fellas.

They'll want a sperm sample, and DNA from both grandparents, at the turnstyles next.    :o

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2017, 01:20:52 pm »
If someone dies I think you should be able to transfer a ticket to a friend or a member of your family who is on the waiting list. Is there anyone who'd have a genuine issue with that?

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #239 on: February 14, 2017, 01:27:48 pm »
If someone dies I think you should be able to transfer a ticket to a friend or a member of your family who is on the waiting list. Is there anyone who'd have a genuine issue with that?

Probably the people who might be above the friend or family member on the waiting list but it would seem like a good idea, maybe for family and not just mates though.
Legacy fan