Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1381645 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #8640 on: January 25, 2022, 10:56:08 am »
From Twitter;

50 Premier League players have 4 progressive passes from open play per 90 minutes.

21 players have 5.

5 players have 6.

2 players have 7.

0 players have 8, 9, or 10.

Trent Alexander-Arnold has 11.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8641 on: January 25, 2022, 12:05:13 pm »
One of the best passers in the world now, certainly Top 3 and from Right Back as well. Incredible player. However it would help, if he actually played RB, but that's a different conversation.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8642 on: January 25, 2022, 12:31:44 pm »
Isn’t this the usual/universal narrative when we concede chances or goals? We defend as a team so it can’t be just Trent’s fault when the defense fucks up.

I'm actually one of those who used to facepalm whenever I read/heard from fans of other clubs or pundits that Trent can't defend. It's one of the most ridiculous cliches that gets thrown around without any basis and they use this as justification to say Reece James is better or Hakimi is better. But it's so horribly wrong.

Has any of them even seen the performance he put in 2017-18 Champions League quarters in the 3-0 win against Man City? How good was he against Sane? That was a masterclass against Sane, of all players, who was and still is one of the most feared wingers in world football. Sane could not win a single dribble against him and he was what? 18-19 years old? He has been really good over the years and of course he can be defensively really good.

However, the last couple of years, he hasn't been secure defensively in many games, it has to be said. It's not that he can't defend or win duels, the most frustrating thing is that he can, if he stays in the right position. He can be excused for last season surely, we had 20 odd CB pairings and must've been difficult to play with. But it has become a recurring theme this season where he is caught high up or in the middle of the pitch (the new tactic as some say) and then is seen jogging back, when others are running behind to cover that space and stop the counter-attacks.

It's simply not true that goals conceded are attributed to him meaninglessly by everyone, there is some sense to it. When you say, the 'defense fucks up', he is part of the defense isn't he? And there was a lengthy period of games where our right side was targeted specifically by multiple teams and some teams even cause us trouble. It did help that Matip was in top form though. When teams targeted our right with some success even though our RCB (Matip) has mostly been on form (except last two games), means only one thing, our RB position was vacated time and again.

Maybe the pundits and other fans don't have a clue on Trent's defensive capability, so they're spreading cliches, but believe me no Liverpool fan would want to willingly repeat those cliches. His defensive capability is fantastic as he has shown before and against tough oppositions. That's why it's so disappointing that he's not defending to his ability of late, and constantly asking too much of the RCM (mostly Hendo), RCB (Matip/Konate), DM (Fabinho) and sometimes even Salah tracked back behind Trent to help out, which should not be the case, as Salah is technically our striker.

But I wouldn't have any other RB in the world over him and I'm not even sure I'd have any other Liverpool RB of the past as well over him. He's that good and the scary thing is that he can be the most complete RB in history if he improves his defensive intelligence and positioning.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8643 on: January 25, 2022, 09:06:07 pm »
We've got Gerrard at rightback.

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8644 on: January 26, 2022, 06:33:40 am »
.. and constantly asking too much of the RCM (mostly Hendo), RCB (Matip/Konate), DM (Fabinho) and sometimes even Salah tracked back behind Trent to help out, which should not be the case, as Salah is technically our striker.

I think it's Klopp doing the asking.. seems clear to me that defending that right side is less Trent's job than a traditional rightback.  When he's defending he's incredible.. doesn't do much wrong.  If someone like Mourinho got hold of him I'm sure he'd be rock solid defensively, but of course a fraction of the player.

Online Redknight60

• Main Stander
« Reply #8645 on: January 26, 2022, 11:08:27 am »

Dani Alves never got mentioned for that award also, it always favours attackers.

Yea, there should really be a defensive and offensive award, it's too  difficult to compare. VVD had close to a flawless year as a defender and still finished 2nd to Messi.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8646 on: January 26, 2022, 03:08:23 pm »
Yea, there should really be a defensive and offensive award, it's too  difficult to compare.
not arguing, but if you did that you'd need a midfielder award too, no? or even two - attacking/defending midfielder?

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8647 on: January 26, 2022, 08:43:54 pm »
I'm actually one of those who used to facepalm whenever I read/heard from fans of other clubs or pundits that Trent can't defend. It's one of the most ridiculous cliches that gets thrown around without any basis and they use this as justification to say Reece James is better or Hakimi is better. But it's so horribly wrong.

Has any of them even seen the performance he put in 2017-18 Champions League quarters in the 3-0 win against Man City? How good was he against Sane? That was a masterclass against Sane, of all players, who was and still is one of the most feared wingers in world football. Sane could not win a single dribble against him and he was what? 18-19 years old? He has been really good over the years and of course he can be defensively really good.

However, the last couple of years, he hasn't been secure defensively in many games, it has to be said. It's not that he can't defend or win duels, the most frustrating thing is that he can, if he stays in the right position. He can be excused for last season surely, we had 20 odd CB pairings and must've been difficult to play with. But it has become a recurring theme this season where he is caught high up or in the middle of the pitch (the new tactic as some say) and then is seen jogging back, when others are running behind to cover that space and stop the counter-attacks.

It's simply not true that goals conceded are attributed to him meaninglessly by everyone, there is some sense to it. When you say, the 'defense fucks up', he is part of the defense isn't he? And there was a lengthy period of games where our right side was targeted specifically by multiple teams and some teams even cause us trouble. It did help that Matip was in top form though. When teams targeted our right with some success even though our RCB (Matip) has mostly been on form (except last two games), means only one thing, our RB position was vacated time and again.

Maybe the pundits and other fans don't have a clue on Trent's defensive capability, so they're spreading cliches, but believe me no Liverpool fan would want to willingly repeat those cliches. His defensive capability is fantastic as he has shown before and against tough oppositions. That's why it's so disappointing that he's not defending to his ability of late, and constantly asking too much of the RCM (mostly Hendo), RCB (Matip/Konate), DM (Fabinho) and sometimes even Salah tracked back behind Trent to help out, which should not be the case, as Salah is technically our striker.

But I wouldn't have any other RB in the world over him and I'm not even sure I'd have any other Liverpool RB of the past as well over him. He's that good and the scary thing is that he can be the most complete RB in history if he improves his defensive intelligence and positioning.

I wonder if it's mostly Henderson's fault. Trent is definitely given license to 'cheat', it's the responsibility of the 8 on that side to cover and most of the goals we've conceded from that half of the pitch over the past few months well have been down to Henderson's lack of tactical discipline or lack of legs. Certainly there's some very obvious examples of Henderson being caught ahead of the ball and/or not having the legs to get back in.

Online Redknight60

• Main Stander
« Reply #8648 on: January 27, 2022, 05:58:19 am »
I wonder if it's mostly Henderson's fault. Trent is definitely given license to 'cheat', it's the responsibility of the 8 on that side to cover and most of the goals we've conceded from that half of the pitch over the past few months well have been down to Henderson's lack of tactical discipline or lack of legs. Certainly there's some very obvious examples of Henderson being caught ahead of the ball and/or not having the legs to get back in.

Wouldn't agree with that at all. Very few of the goals down that side that people like to talk about come from Trent being caught high up the pitch. They have tended to be long diagonal cross or balls in behind where he hasn't tracked the run. But they are no more than any other fullback, its just other fans like to attack him for every goal because he is so damn good and they hate it.

Our defensive record since he came into the team is probably 2nd only to city, that just wouldn't be possible of he was the liability they make him out to be regardless of how good the other defenders or system is.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8649 on: January 27, 2022, 09:04:45 am »
Wouldn't agree with that at all. Very few of the goals down that side that people like to talk about come from Trent being caught high up the pitch. They have tended to be long diagonal cross or balls in behind where he hasn't tracked the run. But they are no more than any other fullback, its just other fans like to attack him for every goal because he is so damn good and they hate it.

Our defensive record since he came into the team is probably 2nd only to city, that just wouldn't be possible of he was the liability they make him out to be regardless of how good the other defenders or system is.
He's so good that they feel obliged to pick holes in his game to feel better about themselves.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8650 on: January 27, 2022, 05:57:26 pm »
Any Idiot who says Hakimi is better than Trent, link this to them. :D

https://twitter.com/pranav_m28/status/1486431408323444736?s=21

« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 05:59:07 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8651 on: January 27, 2022, 08:15:15 pm »

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8652 on: January 27, 2022, 08:27:06 pm »
Any Idiot who says Hakimi is better than Trent, link this to them. :D

I wouldn't mind a particular one of these idiots in our team next season.  ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #8653 on: February 11, 2022, 12:17:10 am »
"He's shite him, told yer he's shite" according to an old fella behind me in 103 ::)
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8654 on: February 11, 2022, 12:25:11 am »
He's pretty much in a class of his own now as far as fullbacks go. He's becoming what Dani Alves was, which was a no.8 operating out of RB. He's just got so much to his game that it is almost unfair to compare him to the others.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8655 on: February 11, 2022, 12:45:33 am »
His ability to instantly see a pass, and execute it perfectly and gracefully over any distance - even under real pressure - amazes me in every game.

For the life of me I can't understand how oppo defences give him so much space in their half. Seems like they've given up stopping him getting the cross / pass in and have decided to focus on cutting it out or winning the second ball.  Often he's in bloody acres out there.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8656 on: February 11, 2022, 01:22:58 am »
He's pretty much in a class of his own now as far as fullbacks go. He's becoming what Dani Alves was, which was a no.8 operating out of RB. He's just got so much to his game that it is almost unfair to compare him to the others.

I sometimes mistook him for Thiago, in the ease with which he manipulated the ball around him. Our players are the most comfortable with the ball as a unit that I've ever seen, but those two stand out.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8657 on: February 11, 2022, 04:05:29 pm »
His ability to instantly see a pass, and execute it perfectly and gracefully over any distance - even under real pressure - amazes me in every game.

For the life of me I can't understand how oppo defences give him so much space in their half. Seems like they've given up stopping him getting the cross / pass in and have decided to focus on cutting it out or winning the second ball.  Often he's in bloody acres out there.
I just noticed that this post has a green "Watched" thingee on the side.

What does that mean?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8658 on: February 11, 2022, 04:09:37 pm »

What does that mean?

I think it just means you're a huge Rockwell fan.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8659 on: February 11, 2022, 04:11:36 pm »
I thought that meant you were one of the most interesting, humorous and generally likeable posters and that a lot of other posters were watching you. A bit like a RAWK onlyfans. Assumed thats why I've always got it on mine.

What does that mean?

Now I'm not so sure :(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8660 on: February 11, 2022, 04:12:27 pm »
I thought that meant you were one of the most interesting, humorous and generally likeable posters and that a lot of other posters were watching you. A bit like a RAWK onlyfans. Assumed thats why I've always got it on mine.

Now I'm not so sure :(
My thought process, exactly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8661 on: February 11, 2022, 04:15:36 pm »

What does that mean?

It means you're a bad egg.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8662 on: February 11, 2022, 04:18:58 pm »
It means you're a bad egg.
Does it?  I seriously have no idea what it means.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8663 on: February 11, 2022, 04:23:55 pm »
Does it?  I seriously have no idea what it means.

It means you've received a warning at some point. Only you can see it... but you've told us all now so we all know you're a wrongun.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8664 on: February 11, 2022, 04:27:30 pm »
It means you've received a warning at some point. Only you can see it... but you've told us all now so we all know you're a wrongun.
I've never received a warning. And I have no idea why I'd get one. Can an Admin let me know wtf is going on?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8665 on: February 11, 2022, 04:29:11 pm »
I've never received a warning. And I have no idea why I'd get one. Can an Admin let me know wtf is going on?

first rule of fight club is never talk about fight club.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8666 on: February 11, 2022, 04:30:26 pm »
So you just broke that rule I guess. :)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8667 on: February 11, 2022, 04:33:33 pm »

Probably for this mate

Why are you even looking for streams you fucking weirdo? Go and gorge yourself on some more creme eggs you weird twat
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8668 on: February 11, 2022, 04:34:48 pm »
Probably for this mate
How hilarious.
For the record, I never posted that.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8669 on: February 11, 2022, 04:35:19 pm »
I never posted that.

Its there in black and white mate

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8670 on: February 11, 2022, 04:38:36 pm »
This one was worse, lucky you didn't get banned.

Not one of the mods on this site is decent, they're prob all blues on the wind up running this place as if they are good reds. Weird twats.

Fits with the other post too, "weird twats" must be his go to insult.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8671 on: February 11, 2022, 04:40:19 pm »
Its there in black and white mate
I'll get you for that :)

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8672 on: February 11, 2022, 05:28:14 pm »

The first rule of Baldrick is never talk about Baldrick...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8673 on: February 11, 2022, 06:58:52 pm »

Definitely; he's there already. Alves sort of redefined that position and Alexander-Arnold's doing that as well, it's such a pleasure to watch something that's not been done and at such a high level before.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #8674 on: February 15, 2022, 02:46:32 pm »
Neil Jones@neiljonesgoal·13mTrent Alexander-Arnold: "We don't feel disappointed that we haven't got enough trophies.

"I'm not making any digs, but you look at Man City's amazing team, they haven't been able to lift the Champions League.

"There's an expectation now. One trophy a season minimum."

Shotes fired  ;D ;D
YNWA

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8675 on: February 15, 2022, 02:53:15 pm »

Because if you get tight to him then one of the superstars upfront then has acres as their a man down when deep is my theory. It is mad how much space he every week though I agree, surprised nobodies tried to nullify him more

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8676 on: February 15, 2022, 03:06:08 pm »
Because if you get tight to him then one of the superstars upfront then has acres as their a man down when deep is my theory. It is mad how much space he every week though I agree, surprised nobodies tried to nullify him more
If they get tight, they'll have fewer men in the middle which makes it easier for us to gives our superstars the ball.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #8677 on: February 15, 2022, 11:48:10 pm »
I love that he said the expectation in the group is one trophy per season minimum. That's exactly how it should be when we are this good. Would be an awful shame to look back on this era and lament the fact we didn't win more.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #8678 on: February 16, 2022, 11:42:34 am »
Was playing PES 2020 and Peter Drury keeps calling Trent ‘Zarga’ or ‘Zargas’ Is this a known thing? It’s Bizarre

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8679 on: February 16, 2022, 12:50:05 pm »
Was playing PES 2020 and Peter Drury keeps calling Trent ‘Zarga’ or ‘Zargas’ Is this a known thing? It’s Bizarre

Bizarrgas...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...