Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 628453 times)

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.
« on: April 19, 2013, 05:54:05 pm »
So with Iron Man 3 upon us, respective threads avaiable here;

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=292648.msg10224059#msg10224059
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=305146.0

attention turns to Marvels future line up with its second serving of what has been deemed "phase two" lined up as Thor (2): The Dark World set for a UK release on 30th October 2013.

First poster has just been released, with a trailer due to follow in the next 10 days, probably attached to Iron Man 3.

For those into comics it is rumoured to be  (loosely) based on the arc that ran in 1984 between issues #344 - #349 features returns for the orignal cast and an addition of Chris Eccleston as the villan Malekith the Accursed.

Phase Two is set to supplemented next year with Captain America (2): The Winter Solider and Guardians of the Galaxy. Eagerly anticipating GotG but there hasnt been too much on it yet bar a few central castings.

Interesting to see where Marvel Studios goes with GotG, bit of a gamble as it hasnt sold well as a comic in its two original forms although the relaunched Marvel Now! is selling well, and two central characters are a Raccoon and a talking tree, but I`m a massive fan so fingers crossed!

Of course the culmination of "Phase Two" will be Avengers 2 in 2015, and the wheels are already in motion on the releases after that (Edgar Wrights Ant-Man). Looks like its going to be a busy time for Marvel fans!

« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 07:46:28 am by SP »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Thor 2: The Dark World and Other Marvel "Phase Two" Musings
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 06:10:18 pm »
This should be the plot for Avengers 2:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qOsKISBkIlQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qOsKISBkIlQ</a>

Really excited for Iron Man 3 - cracking reviews so far. Booked to see it a week today in IMAX 3D. Thoroughly enjoyed Thor and Captain America so looking forward to seeing how their sequels pan out. Guardians of the Galaxy is a curious one - funnily enough, you might spot Chris Pratt, the GotG lead, in that clip posted above.

Offline Ben J

• Legacy Fan
  • You Win or You Die
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:44:22 pm »
That video is spectacular.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 03:19:25 am »
Thor trailer is coming on Tuesday, btw.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 03:54:18 am »
Can't wait to see the trailer!
Everyone is saying how it has a GoT feel. Sounds promising.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 04:09:33 am »
Can't wait to see the trailer!
Everyone is saying how it has a GoT feel. Sounds promising.

Would expect so - Alan Taylor's directed six episodes of Game of Thrones. Actually, he's directed on some top shows - GoT, Mad Men, Sopranos, Rome, Deadwood, West Wing.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 04:21:48 am »
This should be the plot for Avengers 2:
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Thor 2: The Dark World and Other Marvel "Phase Two" Musings
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 06:29:13 am »
Would expect so - Alan Taylor's directed six episodes of Game of Thrones. Actually, he's directed on some top shows - GoT, Mad Men, Sopranos, Rome, Deadwood, West Wing.

Wow I didn't know that, quite a cv!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline IAmZlatan

• Anny Roader
  • Honorary Blackbelt
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 11:40:29 am »
Could that Thor poster be any more generic?
“I like fireworks too, but I set them off in gardens or kebab stands. I never set fire to my own house.”

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 10:27:44 am »

Came here just to post that. Normally, I wouldn't give a fuck about a director in some random episodes in a series but his work in some of those (especially the ones I remember the most, GoT and The Sopranos) was so good, that I had to search his name after watching them.

Not a big fan of Thor but can't wait to see what Taylor has done with that film. Really hope he will grab that chance he was given.

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 12:08:49 pm »
Really looking forward to the Winter Soldier Cap film. Probably the best Cap story ever written. Fingers crossed they don't fuck it up.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 02:40:58 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1MNBYDvZglU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1MNBYDvZglU</a>

omg Loki's hair I can't

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 08:13:45 am »
Link to trailer (official version now released)

http://screenrant.com/thor-2-dark-world-trailer-teaser/

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 08:24:38 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7p7rocHEecE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7p7rocHEecE</a>

For some reason embedding it isn't working.
It's on YouTube now, think it looks great.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:27:11 am by Vintage Nerd »

Hunter S. Thompso
n

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 06:36:19 pm »
That looks decent, I hope most of it is set in Asgard as rumoured.

It looks better than the first one already

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 06:53:08 pm »
What's the obsession blockbusters have with London?! GI Joe, Star Trek, now Thor.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 07:03:12 pm »
What's the obsession blockbusters have with London?! GI Joe, Star Trek, now Thor.

But they're destroying London in all of those films...

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
:D

Offline bigbosh69

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 10:35:42 am »
Pretty underwhelmed by that teaser and I really enjoyed the first. Hopefully better stuff to come.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 10:47:36 am »

ha yes , also saw alot of  Greenwich ( Royal Naval College) in there too.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 11:29:07 am »
Love Christopher Eccleston as an actor - hopefully will be a quality baddie!

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 12:37:15 pm »

Like Danny Dyer's career but on a bigger scale.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 11:53:07 am »
The trailer looks already more interesting that the whole first film.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2013, 11:27:54 pm »
Whedon let it slip on the IM3 red carpet that he's finished the first draft of Avengers 2, and has added a "brother-sister relationship that he loves".

As far as I'm concerned that has got to be Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. They were in Ultimates 2, and had some sort of incestuous thing going on but I don't think Marvel will have any of that in a family movie.

They're usually X-men villains but somehow they're like the only characters legally allowed in a crossover between Disney and Fox. As long as they don't mention that they're mutants, or who their father is (Magneto).

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 09:24:51 pm »
Whedon let it slip on the IM3 red carpet that he's finished the first draft of Avengers 2, and has added a "brother-sister relationship that he loves".

As far as I'm concerned that has got to be Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. They were in Ultimates 2, and had some sort of incestuous thing going on but I don't think Marvel will have any of that in a family movie.

They're usually X-men villains but somehow they're like the only characters legally allowed in a crossover between Disney and Fox. As long as they don't mention that they're mutants, or who their father is (Magneto).

It baffles me why Sony and Fox are being so short-sighted by not allowing Spidey and the X-Men to appear in the Avengers films because it can only help them build those franchises.
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 09:53:27 pm »
It baffles me why Sony and Fox are being so short-sighted by not allowing Spidey and the X-Men to appear in the Avengers films because it can only help them build those franchises.

I think with X-Men it's a massive world to add into the existing  Marvel Cinematic Universe so it wouldn't be worthwhile unless it was building towards a Civil War storyline, Spiderman on the other hand I can't see why he couldn't appear in a future Avengers movie (probably the third one). apparently there was talks to include Oscorp tower in the skyline in the avengers but all the shots had already been completed before they'd reached agreement, the producers of the last Spiderman film said this on the Empire film podcast about the film.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:11:26 pm by John_P »
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 10:09:18 pm »

Why not work out a cost/profit sharing deal, put Spiderman in and make another 500 million on top of the pot.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 11:08:51 pm »

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2013, 11:17:24 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0yg_jaOPV_E?hl=en_GB&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0yg_jaOPV_E?hl=en_GB&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 09:49:56 pm »
New full length offical "Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D" trailer

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PerIAuv27SQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PerIAuv27SQ</a>

Hunter S. Thompso
n

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm irrationally annoyed that Coulson is still alive.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
I'm irrationally annoyed that Coulson is still alive.

Wonder how they'll explain it?

Also think J. August Richards must be playing Luke Cage.

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Wonder how they'll explain it?

Also think J. August Richards must be playing Luke Cage.

Fury lied about him dying to give the Avengers the push probably. It's already set up by him lying about the trading cards
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
Fury lied about him dying to give the Avengers the push probably. It's already set up by him lying about the trading cards

The sensible option, was hoping they'd make up some elaborate story. A crazy one like Marvel sometimes use in the comics, I.E The Thing being redrawn by God or Spider-Man swapping bodies / giving birth to himself, or just simple robotics. The sensible option is the logical option though.

Hunter S. Thompso
n

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That really cheapens the last act of The Avengers for me, his death is the main catalyst for them actually putting their difference aside and teaming up.

Anyway, they needed someone from the movies and he's the only one they'd get for a tv show. I wonder if it'll be episodic, monster/villain of the week, or more of a season long story arc? Looking forward to all the minor/weird comic characters getting a look in.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That really cheapens the last act of The Avengers for me, his death is the main catalyst for them actually putting their difference aside and teaming up.
Yeah that was the reason Fury lied. It was already hinted strongly in the movie he might not have died.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Maybe that'll be part of the plot for the next movie....?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.