The Liverpool FC Forum > Media and Arts

Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.

<< < (1457/1718) > >>

tubby:
The Gorr story is really good, hope they can do it justice, but it'll be tough.  The comic story spans centuries.

El Lobo:

--- Quote from: redwillow on May 24, 2022, 12:45:54 pm ---Gods are a huge theme in MCU right now.

I've learnt my lesson from Dr Strange to not get too absorbed in rumours and theories. Watch the trailers and expect nothing more

--- End quote ---

SpoilerI think one of the problems with Dr Strange was that the trailer actually did pretty much promise load of new big entries into the MCU with the Illuminati (which was obviously a huge let down and they were actually there as five minute cannon fodder). [close]
This one at least isn't teasing that, even if it has already shown a few of the 'shocks'. I guess its difficult these days when everyone's carrying a camera/phone/internet at the same time so you can't really have Christian Bale or Natalie Portman on set without people knowing about it immediately.

Schmidt:
It looks awesome you cynical fucks!

Barefoot Doctor:

--- Quote from: Rob Dylan on May 24, 2022, 11:59:17 am ---Not that impressed with that trailer to be honest. Thought Ragnarok was great, it got the balance between comedy and action / drama just right, but this is just going all out on the comedy and that's not a good idea when it's not actually that funny. I mean that scene at the end was like something out of a Carry On film.

--- End quote ---

I dunno, the trailer certainly leaned heavily on the comedy side but Bale's villain looks pretty dark so I'm expecting a tone similar to Ragnarok.

Rob Dylan:

--- Quote from: Barefoot Doctor on May 25, 2022, 09:48:04 am ---I dunno, the trailer certainly leaned heavily on the comedy side but Bale's villain looks pretty dark so I'm expecting a tone similar to Ragnarok.

--- End quote ---

Yes he looks good to be fair. I don't mind there being a lot of comedy, it's the fact that it's mostly pretty lame that's the problem. I mean they're reduced to a scene where women faint at the sight of a naked man - really? Are we still in the 70s?

Also it all just looks a little cheap and fake compared to Ragnarok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version